Myles Jack has a "chondral defect" in his right knee
-
it's spence or bosa at DE/OLB'er. I lean toward Bosa because we already have a Spence type olb'er in orchard. I'd prefer a more jack type like Kruger and Armonty were. A guy that theoretically could slide inside and play the 5 tech in certain situations. But I wouldn't be upset with Spence. We're still gonna have issues against the run though. With Bosa you could at least see someone that's gonna be stiff against the run on that left side and someone they can't wash out with a TE (ie like Kruger)
it's spence or bosa at DE/OLB'er. I lean toward Bosa because we already have a Spence type olb'er in orchard. I'd prefer a more jack type like Kruger and Armonty were. A guy that theoretically could slide inside and play the 5 tech in certain situations. But I wouldn't be upset with Spence. We're still gonna have issues against the run though. With Bosa you could at least see someone that's gonna be stiff against the run on that left side and someone they can't wash out with a TE (ie like Kruger)
Bosa won't be there at 8, no way. I am not counting on that. I will fall over if he is. Noah Spence I doubt will go until the 20s.
If the Browns drop down again, which they may, then they may grab him somewhere in the teens.
-
I've seen all of his games over the past few years, and production would be one of the top 3 single words I would use to describe him. The other two being play-maker and motor. Hopefully the Browns' Drs. are top notch and can decipher reality from fear.
I'm not big on "projection", as it has no basis in reality. Men either do, or they do not, and it doesn't matter what a group of people said that he may, or may not do.
All of that said, his knee is a concern and the last thing the Browns can afford to do at 8 is pick a player that can't stay on the field........... Glad I'm not making the pick.
If the Browns pick this guy- I may toss something at the screen.
It is reason enough for many teams to bypass him... They won't take a chance with their high draft pick. I say he does fall considerably because of this.
Shades of KW II. We absolutely can't be taking chances on first round guys with known injury issues.
shades of KW II. We absolutely can't be taking chances on first round guys with known injury issues.
I really was in favor of trading down and picking him but this knee thing scares me. I think we have to take a pass...sure he could turn out to be LT but he also could be out of the league in a year with a crap knee.
-
I thought that too after seeing how he tested. But I watched again, and the way he plays... he's something every D needs. He can explode and sets the edge. People say this all the time, but Bosa actually does it.
Really strong hands.
-
Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.
And that's how Ray Horton plays defense.
From the horse's mouth:
"That's the most important thing to me – what do we look like, not what we line up in. We may be a 3-4 on one snap. We may be a 4-3 on another snap. I guarantee you we'll be a 5-2 sometimes, and we'll be a 4-4 sometimes. We are a multi-front, attacking defense, and that's the most important thing."
"That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. It will be predicated by what the offense does. We have athletes that can stand up, that can put their hand in the ground, that can run, so that's why I go back to the multi-front defense."
I don't think there's even a question other than if he'll be available at 8.
-
and he so wants to play in cleveland!
-
Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.
And that's how Ray Horton plays defense.
From the horse's mouth:
"That's the most important thing to me – what do we look like, not what we line up in. We may be a 3-4 on one snap. We may be a 4-3 on another snap. I guarantee you we'll be a 5-2 sometimes, and we'll be a 4-4 sometimes. We are a multi-front, attacking defense, and that's the most important thing."
"That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. It will be predicated by what the offense does. We have athletes that can stand up, that can put their hand in the ground, that can run, so that's why I go back to the multi-front defense."
I don't think there's even a question other than if he'll be available at 8.
He had best get the personnel to do so. Browns need Linebackers galore to substitute and blitz with fresh bodies.Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.
And that's how Ray Horton plays defense.
From the horse's mouth:
"That's the most important thing to me – what do we look like, not what we line up in. We may be a 3-4 on one snap. We may be a 4-3 on another snap. I guarantee you we'll be a 5-2 sometimes, and we'll be a 4-4 sometimes. We are a multi-front, attacking defense, and that's the most important thing."[/size]
"That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. It will be predicated by what the offense does. We have athletes that can stand up, that can put their hand in the ground, that can run, so that's why I go back to the multi-front defense."[/size]
I don't think there's even a question other than if he'll be available at 8.[/size]
-
Trade up from #8 (to JAX at 5 perhaps) and select Jalen ramsey - arguably the most freakishly athletic player in the draft, who boasts position flexibility, grades out as both the best CB and FS, and his sparq score places him in the top 1% of all CBs in the NFL.
At #32 trade up if Myles Jack drops into the 20's (but not at 22...).
-
Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.
And that's how Ray Horton plays defense.
From the horse's mouth:
"That's the most important thing to me – what do we look like, not what we line up in. We may be a 3-4 on one snap. We may be a 4-3 on another snap. I guarantee you we'll be a 5-2 sometimes, and we'll be a 4-4 sometimes. We are a multi-front, attacking defense, and that's the most important thing."
"That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. It will be predicated by what the offense does. We have athletes that can stand up, that can put their hand in the ground, that can run, so that's why I go back to the multi-front defense."
I don't think there's even a question other than if he'll be available at 8.
So much for amassing picks...
Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.
"That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. "
Not a question of "can". It's "how well"... Bosa is going to be a good, even a very good, player. But the more time he spends outside in a 4-3 facing his opponent's #2 OT, the better he will do. Drop him inside in 3rd and longs and he'll have moments there as well.
As for Horton's approach... I seem to recall the same being said in 2013... and it not being born out once the season started. Sure we'll see predictable, situational looks, but multiple looks haven't truly been featured by a Browns defense since Ryan and Mangini left town.
-
So much for amassing picks...
Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.
"That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. "
Not a question of "can". It's "how well"... Bosa is going to be a good, even a very good, player. But the more time he spends outside in a 4-3 facing his opponent's #2 OT, the better he will do. Drop him inside in 3rd and longs and he'll have moments there as well.
As for Horton's approach... I seem to recall the same being said in 2013... and it not being born out once the season started. Sure we'll see predictable, situational looks, but multiple looks haven't truly been featured by a Browns defense since Ryan and Mangini left town.
-
-
So much for amassing picks...
Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.
"That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. "
Not a question of "can". It's "how well"... Bosa is going to be a good, even a very good, player. But the more time he spends outside in a 4-3 facing his opponent's #2 OT, the better he will do. Drop him inside in 3rd and longs and he'll have moments there as well.
As for Horton's approach... I seem to recall the same being said in 2013... and it not being born out once the season started. Sure we'll see predictable, situational looks, but multiple looks haven't truly been featured by a Browns defense since Ryan and Mangini left town.
So much for amassing picks...
Not a question of "can". It's "how well"... Bosa is going to be a good, even a very good, player. But the more time he spends outside in a 4-3 facing his opponent's #2 OT, the better he will do. Drop him inside in 3rd and longs and he'll have moments there as well.
basically replace kruger wiith Bosa....I would be totally ok with that.
-
So much for amassing picks...
Not a question of "can". It's "how well"... Bosa is going to be a good, even a very good, player. But the more time he spends outside in a 4-3 facing his opponent's #2 OT, the better he will do. Drop him inside in 3rd and longs and he'll have moments there as well.
basically replace kruger wiith Bosa....I would be totally ok with that.
basically replace kruger wiith Bosa....I would be totally ok with that.
As would I at #8, but the net gain for a R1 pick would be dependant upon which Kruger we were replacing... the 2014 or the 2015.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login