Skip to content

Odds of Busting

The Browns Board
7 6 554
  • Here, per my own calculations are the "odds" or percentage chance that a particular draft slot player in the first round will bust out. I took these figures going back to the 1970 draft.

    Slot/percentage of players that bust out:

    #1 30.4%

    #2 21.7%

    #3 28.2%

    #4 28.2%

    #5 34.8%

    #6 23.9%

    #7 45.7%

    #8 34.8%

    #9 32.6%

    #10 32.6%

    #11 50.0%

    #12 39.1%

    #13 30.4%

    #14 39.1%

    #15 36.9%

    #16 45.7%

    #17 34.7%

    #18 41.3%

    #19 36.9%

    #20 47.8%

    #21 50.0%

    #22 50.0%

    #23 52.2%

    #24 52.2%

    #25 54.4%

    #26 52.1%

    #27 58.6%

    #28 58.6%

    #29 47.8%

    #30 54.3%

    #31 56.5%

    #32 58.6%

    Notice: You have just as good or better chance of getting a solid to good/great player if you draft #2, 3, 4, 6,13 as you do drafting #1 overall.

    Drafting #7 and #11 are bad spots for players busting out.

  • Woah, mind blown!

    We just threw out our #1 chance of selecting a non-bust @ #2! LOL

  • We single-handedly took #22 to the 50% mark. It would been in the 40's.

    Z

  • Jadevon Clowney, Mario Williams, Courtney Brown, Tim Couch,

  • We single-handedly took #22 to the 50% mark. It would been in the 40's.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    We single-handedly took #22 to the 50% mark. It would been in the 40's.

    Z

    lmao. 22 is the first spot I looked at after #1
  • Zombo said:

    We single-handedly took #22 to the 50% mark. It would been in the 40's.

    Z

    lmao. 22 is the first spot I looked at after #1

    @comeonman said:

    lmao. 22 is the first spot I looked at after #1

    Me too! LOL

    I have no idea how long I'm gonna live, but I'm not sure I could survive another 22nd pick.

    Mike

  • We single-handedly took #22 to the 50% mark. It would been in the 40's.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    We single-handedly took #22 to the 50% mark. It would been in the 40's.

    Z

    Think what #3 would have been if not for us: Braylon, TR.....at least we had JT.