Skip to content

Depth Chart/Roster analysis...Draft Add Who?

The Browns Board
33 10 1.0k
  • Question for Admin: If I goof up a post, I can edit it, but I see no way to correct a goofed up title to the thread (like I did here) How do you fix that?

  • Question for Admin: If I goof up a post, I can edit it, but I see no way to correct a goofed up title to the thread (like I did here) How do you fix that?

    @the-gipper said:

    Question for Admin: If I goof up a post, I can edit it, but I see no way to correct a goofed up title to the thread (like I did here) How do you fix that?

    Use the full editor, and it should let you do that.

  • Here is a listing/analysis of the Browns roster/depth chart. For purposes of this task I am asking whom you think the Browns should add to this via their draft picks at 8, 32, 65, 77, 99, and 100 at these positions. For this purpose though you can only fill these 6 spots. So you can't choose a draftee everywhere, so you must be selective. Also tell us who you would ship out after you pick someone.

    OFFENSE:

    QB: RGIII, McCown, Davis, O'Connor, Pat Devlin

    Add?: 8, 32, 65, 77, 99, 100?:

    RB: Crowell, Duke, Glenn Winston, Mostert, Watson

    Add?

    TE: Barnidge, Bibbs, Telfer, Hamlett

    Add?

    WR: Hawkins, Hartline, Gabriel, Marlon Moore, Pryor, Ranelle Hall, Darius Jennings, Salim Hakim

    Add?

    FB: Malcolm Johnson

    Add?:

    LT: Joe Thomas, Dan France

    Add?:

    LG: Bitonio, Kabel Johnson

    Add?

    OC: Cam Erving, Party On Garth Gerhart

    Add?

    RG: Greco, Alvin Bailey, Connor Bofeli

    Add?:

    RT: Pasztor, Michael Bowie, Eric Ladson

    Add?:

    DEFENSE:

    RDE: Hughes, Dylan Wynn

    Add?:

    NT: Shelton, Meder

    Add?:

    LDE: D. Bryant, X. Cooper

    Add?

    LOLB: Kruger, Mingo, Soloman, Jeffcoat

    Add?:

    LILB: Carder, Justin Tuggle

    Add?

    RILB: D. Davis, Kirksey

    Add?

    ROLB: Orchard, Armonty Bryant, Cam Johnson

    Add:

    LCB: Haden, Desir, Charles Gaines

    Add:?

    SS: Ibrahim Campbell

    Add:

    FS: Rahim Moore, Poyer, Sean Baker, Tim Scott, Don Jones

    Add:?

    RCB: T. William, K. Williams, Gilbert

    Add:

    So, OK, you have 22 positions, but you have only 6 picks in the first 100 to choose a player to fill a gap.

    Which gap do you fill...and with whom would you like to see it filled

    (please feel free to note which players at which positions you would like to see picked for our later picks...138, 141, 172, 173, 176, 223

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is a listing/analysis of the Browns roster/depth chart. For purposes of this task I am asking whom you think the Browns should add to this via their draft picks at 8, 32, 65, 77, 99, and 100 at these positions. For this purpose though you can only fill these 6 spots. So you can't choose a draftee everywhere, so you must be selective. Also tell us who you would ship out after you pick someone.

    OFFENSE:

    QB: RGIII, McCown, Davis, O'Connor, Pat Devlin

    Add?: 8, 32, 65, 77, 99, 100?:

    RB: Crowell, Duke, Glenn Winston, Mostert, Watson

    Add?

    TE: Barnidge, Bibbs, Telfer, Hamlett

    Add?

    WR: Hawkins, Hartline, Gabriel, Marlon Moore, Pryor, Ranelle Hall, Darius Jennings, Salim Hakim

    Add? I Choose 2 WRs: Either Josh Doctson or Will Fuller at #32, then Leonte Caroo at either #99 or 100 (Hill and Jennings gone)

    FB: Malcolm Johnson

    Add?:

    LT: Joe Thomas, Dan France

    Add?:

    LG: Bitonio, Kabel Johnson

    Add?

    OC: Cam Erving, Party On Garth Gerhart

    Add?

    RG: Greco, Alvin Bailey, Connor Bofeli

    Add?:

    RT: Pasztor, Michael Bowie, Eric Ladson

    Add?: How about Jerald Hawkins OT LSU at #77 (Ladson gone)

    DEFENSE:

    RDE: Hughes, Dylan Wynn E

    Add?: Either Bosa or Buckner at #8 (Wynn gone...or he may stay for further backup)

    NT: Shelton, Meder

    Add?:

    LDE: D. Bryant, X. Cooper

    Add?

    LOLB: Kruger, Mingo, Soloman, Jeffcoat

    Add?:

    LILB: Carder, Justin Tuggle (Kirksey to move to starter at ILB

    Add? Kentrell Brothers or Joshua Perry ...though one of these may go outside. at #65

    RILB: D. Davis, Kirksey

    Add?

    ROLB: Orchard, Armonty Bryant, Cam Johnson

    Add:

    LCB: Haden, Desir, Charles Gaines

    Add:?

    SS: Ibrahim Campbell

    Add: Jeremy Cash Duke at 99 or 100

    FS: Rahim Moore, Poyer, Sean Baker, Tim Scott, Don Jones

    Add:?

    RCB: T. William, K. Williams, Gilbert

    Add:

    So, OK, you have 22 positions, but you have only 6 picks in the first 100 to choose a player to fill a gap.

    Which gap do you fill...and with whom would you like to see it filled

    (please feel free to note which players at which positions you would like to see picked for our later picks...138, 141, 172, 173, 176, 223

  • I note that even without any of the draftees the Browns have 62 people on their roster....not including special teams.

    So, some trimming beyond just draft replacement will have to be made. (with the understanding that some of these may be practice squad guys.)

  • I note that even without any of the draftees the Browns have 62 people on their roster....not including special teams.

    So, some trimming beyond just draft replacement will have to be made. (with the understanding that some of these may be practice squad guys.)

    @the-gipper said:

    I note that even without any of the draftees the Browns have 62 people on their roster....not including special teams.

    So, some trimming beyond just draft replacement will have to be made. (with the understanding that some of these may be practice squad guys.)

    We'll need to get up to 90 first though, so a bunch of UDFAs.

  • Per NFL Live, Esp on...M. Bowie & Alvin Bailey will battle for RT position. Interviewee She, watched Sashi lips move the whole time 😉

  • Your score is: 8739 (GRADE: 😎

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 8: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (B+)

    Round 2 Pick 20 (NYJ): Karl Joseph, SS/FS, West Virginia (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 14: Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri ( 😎

    Round 4 Pick 1: Miles Killebrew, SS, Southern Utah (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 40 (COMP): Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Willie Henry, DT, Michigan (B+)

    Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky (A)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Moritz Boehringer, WR/TE, Germany ©

    Round 7 Pick 6 (MIA): Cody Core, WR, Ole Miss (A)

    Round 7 Pick 10 (MIA): Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia (A+)

    Your Future Picks:

    2017 Round 1 Pick

    2017 Round 1 Pick

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    Flawless.

    RB- Zeke, Duke, Marshall, Crow

    WR- (Gordon), Doctson/Coleman, Boehringer, Pryor, Core, Gabe/Hawkins, Hartline

    FS- Joseph, Poyer

    SS- Killebrew, Campbell

    OL- Thomas, Bitonio, Erving, Greco, McGovern

    TE- Barnidge, Higbee, Boehringer

    FB- Soma Vainuku(UDRFA)

    ILB-Davis, Scooby

    DT- Shelton, Henry, Meder

    Those are the changes I'd make.

  • Your score is: 8739 (GRADE: 😎

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 8: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (B+)

    Round 2 Pick 20 (NYJ): Karl Joseph, SS/FS, West Virginia (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 14: Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri ( 😎

    Round 4 Pick 1: Miles Killebrew, SS, Southern Utah (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 40 (COMP): Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Willie Henry, DT, Michigan (B+)

    Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky (A)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Moritz Boehringer, WR/TE, Germany ©

    Round 7 Pick 6 (MIA): Cody Core, WR, Ole Miss (A)

    Round 7 Pick 10 (MIA): Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia (A+)

    Your Future Picks:

    2017 Round 1 Pick

    2017 Round 1 Pick

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    Flawless.

    RB- Zeke, Duke, Marshall, Crow

    WR- (Gordon), Doctson/Coleman, Boehringer, Pryor, Core, Gabe/Hawkins, Hartline

    FS- Joseph, Poyer

    SS- Killebrew, Campbell

    OL- Thomas, Bitonio, Erving, Greco, McGovern

    TE- Barnidge, Higbee, Boehringer

    FB- Soma Vainuku(UDRFA)

    ILB-Davis, Scooby

    DT- Shelton, Henry, Meder

    Those are the changes I'd make.

    @poeticg said:

    Your score is: 8739 (GRADE: 😎

    I don't know wtf this means.

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 8: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (B+)

    Round 2 Pick 20 (NYJ): Karl Joseph, SS/FS, West Virginia (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 14: Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri ( 😎

    Round 4 Pick 1: Miles Killebrew, SS, Southern Utah (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 40 (COMP): Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Willie Henry, DT, Michigan (B+)

    Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky (A)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Moritz Boehringer, WR/TE, Germany ©

    Round 7 Pick 6 (MIA): Cody Core, WR, Ole Miss (A)

    Round 7 Pick 10 (MIA): Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia (A+)

    But, I see some aspects of this being OK, others perhaps not:

    You ignored getting a pass rusher and the OT position

    We don't need another RB if they get Zeke.

    I don't think they need to draft 2 TEs and 3 WRs.

    Not that there is anything wrong with your choices, it is what you ignored that is a problem as I see it.

    Though....what does Marshall give us that Mostert/Watson/Winston don't?

    Your Future Picks:

    2017 Round 1 Pick

    2017 Round 1 Pick

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    Flawless.

    RB- Zeke, Duke, Marshall, Crow

    WR- (Gordon), Doctson/Coleman, Boehringer, Pryor, Core, Gabe/Hawkins, Hartline (9 WRs? Too many on a 53 man roster?)

    FS- Joseph, Poyer

    SS- Killebrew, Campbell

    OL- Thomas, Bitonio, Erving, Greco, McGovern

    TE- Barnidge, Higbee, Boehringer

    FB- Soma Vainuku(UDRFA)....this I can perfectly understand...though I took Gronkowski in the 7th.

    ILB-Davis, Scooby

    DT- Shelton, Henry, Meder

    Those are the changes I'd make.

  • Remove Malcom Johnson. Cut him, trade him for a used Jugs machine, I don't care - he's not an NFL player or coach.

    None of the current TE's can block.. that needs to change for the run game. I don't care what else happens as long as these get fixed.

  • Remove Malcom Johnson. Cut him, trade him for a used Jugs machine, I don't care - he's not an NFL player or coach.

    None of the current TE's can block.. that needs to change for the run game. I don't care what else happens as long as these get fixed.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Remove Malcom Johnson. Cut him, trade him for a used Jugs machine, I don't care - he's not an NFL player or coach.

    None of the current TE's can block.. that needs to change for the run game. I don't care what else happens as long as these get fixed.

    How do we know what Telfer can do? He was just a rookie last year, primarily placed on the taxi squad, no? Or do you want to go fairly high with a TE pick?

    (and can you say that you would be OK with my choice of baby Gronk in rd. 7 at FB?)

  • Round 1 Pick 8: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (B+)

    Round 2 Pick 20 (NYJ): Karl Joseph, SS/FS, West Virginia (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 14: Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri ( 😎

    Round 4 Pick 1: Miles Killebrew, SS, Southern Utah (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 40 (COMP): Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Willie Henry, DT, Michigan (B+)

    Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky (A)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Moritz Boehringer, WR/TE, Germany ©

    Round 7 Pick 6 (MIA): Cody Core, WR, Ole Miss (A)

    Round 7 Pick 10 (MIA): Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia (A+)

    But, I see some aspects of this being OK, others perhaps not:

    It's all in how you look at it.

    You ignored getting a pass rusher and the OT position

    For Pass Rusher, I'm banking on a rejuvenated and rebuilt Mingo. He and Kruger in the right defensive scheme will work pretty well. I'm also thinking we have a young couple of guys that we've not really tapped into yet.. Nate Orchard?

    The Offensive Line will be stout with moving McGovern to ROT. He's versatile and could go to G or OT, I'll work him at the RT spot and go: Thomas, Bitonio, Erving, Greco, McGovern

    We don't need another RB if they get Zeke.

    Zeke would be the de facto Starter. Duke would be the change of pace back. Marshall would come in when Zeke needs a rest. This would be a great stable of RB's to compete. They are all young and should have the RB spots covered for several years to come. Marshall would be an upgrade over Crowell. He's got another gear few players have.

    I don't think they need to draft 2 TEs and 3 WRs.

    Not that there is anything wrong with your choices, it is what you ignored that is a problem as I see it.

    Though....what does Marshall give us that Mostert/Watson/Winston don't?

    RB- Zeke, Duke, Marshall, Crow

    WR- (Gordon), Doctson/Coleman, Boehringer, Pryor, Core, Gabe/Hawkins, Hartline (9 WRs? Too many on a 53

    I wouldn't go with 9 WRs, I'd see it like this...

    #1-Gordon. I'm counting on him being reinstated and rejuvenating his career as one of the most dominant WRs in the game.

    #2-Josh Doctson OR Corey Coleman. Whichever one I can get, hoping one is there with our second pick...

    #3-Mortiz Boehringer. I see him becoming a force. He plays hard. Catches everything and runs like a gazelle on fire.

    #4-Terrel Pryor. All the arrows seem to be pointing upward on him making the transition to a really good WR. He Blocks.

    #5-Hartline. He's probably the weakest link in the group... and that's not a bad thing. Solid possession guy.

    #6-Taylor Gabriel OR Andrew Hawkins. I see them as similar type players. If we get Coleman he's better than both combined.

    This was much more detailed before I deleted or clicked off or something...

  • Gordon can't be counted on. He won't be back till sometime in October at the earliest. The guy is a great player but has a 5 cent head. He doesn't get it and will never get it I'm afraid.

  • This is after the injury, still blazing speed. He's going to have a chip on his shoulder being drafted late as well...

  • Gordon...

    He'll reapply for reinstatement in August. Provided there is no more red flags he should be reinstated promptly. He should be ready for preseason. He's been staying in great shape and will play like a man possessed when he is given the chance again. I'm counting on him, I trust that he knows what is at stake. Griffin to Gordon, all day - all day.

  • This is after the injury, still blazing speed. He's going to have a chip on his shoulder being drafted late as well...

    @poeticg said:

    This is after the injury, still blazing speed. He's going to have a chip on his shoulder being drafted late as well...

    Poe, clean your room & put your toys away (mock monster). I scouted him in Raleigh, NC where he was a HS track star. Love the kid & has the heart of Gurley (also a track star). Mostly sat behind Gurley at Ga. BUT the man has not takin a football hit in over 2 years & not many in college. The NFL, that's a big leap of faith.. Hope he can, great kid

  • I'd prioritize a deep threat WR and also draft Hunter Henry and run two TE sets with big play Gary. The rest of the draft has to be defense.

  • Per NFL Live, Esp on...M. Bowie & Alvin Bailey will battle for RT position. Interviewee She, watched Sashi lips move the whole time 😉

    @gumby73 said:

    Per NFL Live, Esp on...M. Bowie & Alvin Bailey will battle for RT position. Interviewee She, watched Sashi lips move the whole time 😉

    Won't Austin Pasztor also be in this mix.

  • For Pass Rusher, I'm banking on a rejuvenated and rebuilt Mingo. He and Kruger in the right defensive scheme will work pretty well. I'm also thinking we have a young couple of guys that we've not really tapped into yet.. Nate Orchard?

    Well, this is good in theory....and you should be right about it....our former 1st and 2d round pick OLBs SHOULD put pressure on the passer....but I certainly cannot count on Mingo at this point.....so I just want more to go along with Orchard, Mingo, Kruger.

    If the Browns stay at 8, I see them taking a Bosa or Buckner, whomever is still on the board.

    The Offensive Line will be stout with moving McGovern to ROT. He's versatile and could go to G or OT, I'll work him at the RT spot and go: Thomas, Bitonio, Erving, Greco, McGovern

    Yea, No, I am not relying on a rookie OG to move to Tackle. That, to me, is a recipe for failure.

    Zeke would be the de facto Starter. Duke would be the change of pace back. Marshall would come in when Zeke needs a rest. This would be a great stable of RB's to compete. They are all young and should have the RB spots covered for several years to come. Marshall would be an upgrade over Crowell. He's got another gear few players have.

    I don't see this guy replacing the Crow. If they were to take him, he would be in the mix to be the 4th string RB instead of Winston/Mostert. Can he return kicks?

  • Gordon...

    He'll reapply for reinstatement in August. Provided there is no more red flags he should be reinstated promptly. He should be ready for preseason. He's been staying in great shape and will play like a man possessed when he is given the chance again. I'm counting on him, I trust that he knows what is at stake. Griffin to Gordon, all day - all day.

    @poeticg said:

    Gordon...

    He'll reapply for reinstatement in August. Provided there is no more red flags he should be reinstated promptly. He should be ready for preseason. He's been staying in great shape and will play like a man possessed when he is given the chance again. I'm counting on him, I trust that he knows what is at stake. Griffin to Gordon, all day - all day.

    He hasn't stayed clean knowing the consequences. Can't count on it happening going forward.

  • @poeticg said:

    Gordon...

    He'll reapply for reinstatement in August. Provided there is no more red flags he should be reinstated promptly. He should be ready for preseason. He's been staying in great shape and will play like a man possessed when he is given the chance again. I'm counting on him, I trust that he knows what is at stake. Griffin to Gordon, all day - all day.

    He hasn't stayed clean knowing the consequences. Can't count on it happening going forward.

    @mark-o said:

    He hasn't stayed clean knowing the consequences. Can't count on it happening going forward.

    RightO MarkO.....we can't count on Gordon.....thus why I chose 2 WRs in top 4 rounds.

    Lets just hope one of them isn't a Vincent fucking Mayle.