Corey Coleman !
-
I remember the JFF youtube highlights. Means nothing.
Really... even vs. on-field performance?
Unfortunately we have a poor quarterback situation
Not anymore...
"Cody Kessler to the res-cue...
Go Cody Kesller, GoCody Kessler..."
-
Tour's drunk.
-
Visual of CC's route tree at Baylor...
Browns make a refreshing first pick in their new analytics era
By Matt Harmon April 29 at 1:33 PM
Not a single out route... curious...
Full article here:
Visual of CC's route tree at Baylor...
Browns make a refreshing first pick in their new analytics era
By Matt Harmon April 29 at 1:33 PM
Not a single out route... curious...
Full article here:
I've had plenty of people telling me he's going to the slot. Wrongo.... That's why I was interested in Braxton earlier.
He's a straight line burner that uses his speed to threaten deep and when the CB backs off they toss him a slant or curl.
Seriously, go check out the WVU tape and others I saw. He dropped one slant, they went right back to him again on 2 more consecutive slants.
As for why you don't see the 5, 6 or 7 with Corey is because it takes away his greatest attribute - YAC. It gives no benefit to Briles if his fastest weapon isn't pointed back into the interior of the field.
Get him on a slant or screen and he's easily in space. Get him on the fly? Cool.. he'll roast a CB that doesn't have help. The curl is the counter. Everything else? Not necessary at Baylor.
-
Visual of CC's route tree at Baylor...
Browns make a refreshing first pick in their new analytics era
By Matt Harmon April 29 at 1:33 PM
Not a single out route... curious...
Full article here:
I've had plenty of people telling me he's going to the slot. Wrongo.... That's why I was interested in Braxton earlier.
He's a straight line burner that uses his speed to threaten deep and when the CB backs off they toss him a slant or curl.
Seriously, go check out the WVU tape and others I saw. He dropped one slant, they went right back to him again on 2 more consecutive slants.
As for why you don't see the 5, 6 or 7 with Corey is because it takes away his greatest attribute - YAC. It gives no benefit to Briles if his fastest weapon isn't pointed back into the interior of the field.
Get him on a slant or screen and he's easily in space. Get him on the fly? Cool.. he'll roast a CB that doesn't have help. The curl is the counter. Everything else? Not necessary at Baylor.
-
Also not exactly the "go to" hands on 3rd and 5?
He might be like Steve Smith physically, but Smitty could catch a bb in the dark. This kid ain't that.
Not to say he's Greg Little either. He isn't the best pair of hands on this team, I don't know enough about Baylor's skill players to comment on his college team either.
-
CC's hands measured at the dreaded 9....
Handsize might be an issue. CC doesn't always catch the ball away from his body.
The two most important things to me that any (good) receiver should have before I draft them are lights out hands, and good footwork. He needs serious improvement on both of those before he's a starter. As its stands he's relied on scheme and straight line speed. Which brings me back to the receiver I wanted that doesn't possess either issue.
Oh and if I hear the "zomg 20 touchdowns" thing again... People truly need to understand that if there is a decent receiver in Baylor's offense, they'll get double digit TD's without too much trouble.
-
I see him as picking up where Benji left off. Filling our deep threat, stretch the D role with an incomplete route tree and the odd drop here and there. However, CC is offering more upside... I think Benji maxxed out last season.
Agree?
I see him as picking up where Benji left off. Filling our deep threat, stretch the D role with an incomplete route tree and the odd drop here and there. However, CC is offering more upside... I think Benji maxxed out last season.
Agree?
Much more upside. Agree completely.
edit: I would be lying if I said I would have spent a 15 pick on that type of role/player. This is a vision Shashi and this coaching staff has for this kid. If you want a good glimpse of how long this coaching staff and Mr Brown might last, CC's development arch and contributions might give us an indication whether or not this is the long haul.
-
CC's hands measured at the dreaded 9....
Handsize might be an issue. CC doesn't always catch the ball away from his body.
The two most important things to me that any (good) receiver should have before I draft them are lights out hands, and good footwork. He needs serious improvement on both of those before he's a starter. As its stands he's relied on scheme and straight line speed. Which brings me back to the receiver I wanted that doesn't possess either issue.
Oh and if I hear the "zomg 20 touchdowns" thing again... People truly need to understand that if there is a decent receiver in Baylor's offense, they'll get double digit TD's without too much trouble.
-
I remember the JFF youtube highlights. Means nothing.
Really... even vs. on-field performance?
Unfortunately we have a poor quarterback situation
Not anymore...
"Cody Kessler to the res-cue...
Go Cody Kesller, GoCody Kessler..."
-
If cody kessler somehow comes out of nowhere and takes the team to even the wild card round you guys will be on your damn knees for him.
Gotta better chance of meeting Jesus next year than a Browns playoff game
-
If cody kessler somehow comes out of nowhere and takes the team to even the wild card round you guys will be on your damn knees for him.
Gotta better chance of meeting Jesus next year than a Browns playoff game
Why does a non browns fan Celtics lover post here so often?Gotta better chance of meeting Jesus next year than a Browns playoff game
-
Why does a non browns fan Celtics lover post here so often?Gotta better chance of meeting Jesus next year than a Browns playoff game
Why does a non browns fan Celtics lover post here so often?
Can be a Browns fan without being sunshine pumper. The team is a dumpster fire but they're still my team.
-
Where are you from that you're a browns and Celtics fan
-
I bitch every draft day; that's what I do. Coleman will be great for RG3. This whole draft tells me Hue is going all in for Griffin by drafting offensive line and wide recievers. The drafting of Coleman proves it.
We lost a lot of ground with Farmer's last two drafts; But this draft covered every position of need. Building for the future is not glamorous that's why I bitch. But looking at Hue Jackson's strategy and patience is something to admire.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
