Skip to content

Who is out of a Job?

The Browns Board
50 22 2.3k
  • Could be a rocking young D after we shed a few more vets in a year or two:

    Nassib - Shelton - Cooper

    Ogbah - Scooby - Schobert - Orchard

    Haden - Gilbert? - Kwan/Caldwell

    Campbell -Kidrick.

    Next year we will probably look to strengthen the DBs and add another ILB

    Zombo

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Zombo said:

    Could be a rocking young D after we shed a few more vets in a year or two:

    Nassib - Shelton - Cooper

    Ogbah - Scooby - Schobert - Orchard

    Haden - Gilbert? - Kwan/Caldwell

    Campbell -Kidrick.

    Next year we will probably look to strengthen the DBs and add another ILB

    Zombo

    Next year we'll know if we are going to be drafting a 'franchise' QB - if we're near the top, then yes, otherwise no. I can see only SF giving us competition, as it stands, for both QB and top spot.

  • If the Browns were smart they would keep McCown purely from a mentor aspect. I would practice squad Shaw, and cut Davis and keep the other 3 QBs at least through training camp and see how it all plays out.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @runyon27 said:

    If the Browns were smart they would keep McCown purely from a mentor aspect. I would practice squad Shaw, and cut Davis and keep the other 3 QBs at least through training camp and see how it all plays out.

    I think they are wise to hold on to McCown until they know what they have with Silk.

    We may get offers for McCown if a QB or two around the league goes down in Camp.

    Shaw and Davis are welcome to be camp arms, but aren't making the final roster.

    Zombo

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Solomon is gone already. I just want to know who is the backup left Tackle?

  • Solomon is gone already. I just want to know who is the backup left Tackle?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @opal312 said:

    Solomon is gone already. I just want to know who is the backup left Tackle?

    Good point.

    I guess they are thinking that Joe hasn't missed a snap yet, why should he start now?

    We'll see who get reps at LT in preseason, They may play Coleman and Drango Unchained there just so they can feel for the position.

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    Except when we needed them to start because every other QB was injured. Shaw almost beat the Ratbirds, didn't he?

    The team almost beat the ratbirds. Hey I don't have a problem if you want to stay loyal to Connor Shaw.

    I like Ken Dorsey and he was irrelevant too.

    🙂

    WSS

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #39

    @westside-steve said:

    The team almost beat the ratbirds. Hey I don't have a problem if you want to stay loyal to Connor Shaw.

    I like Ken Dorsey and he was irrelevant too.

    🙂

    WSS

    Glad you brought up Dorsey Steve. Walter Football is making it sound like Kessler is worse than Dorsey..

  • Browns_Fucking_RuleB Browns_Fucking_Rule wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Hakim was also let go...

    The Cleveland Browns have terminated the contract of LB Scott Solomon and waived WR Saalim Hakim.

  • Scott Solomon

    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 2m2 minutes ago
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    Confirming #Browns cut OLB Scott Solomon, who spent most of 2015 on IR with knee injury.

    Confirming #Browns cut OLB Scott Solomon, who spent most of 2015 on IR with knee injury.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @d-bone said:

    Scott Solomon

    Confirming #Browns cut OLB Scott Solomon, who spent most of 2015 on IR with knee injury.

    Gotta be a good sign that Bloodbath being cut.

    Picked to start last year, can't make this year's training camp roster..

    Another guy that beat out Mingo, by the way.

    Zombo

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Mingo. Obvious.

  • Solomon is gone already. I just want to know who is the backup left Tackle?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @opal312 said:

    I just want to know who is the backup left Tackle?

    Bito...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Alvin Bailey in Sea. played RT,LT,LG & Shon Coleman will battle for RT, but prefer Bailey at LT before a rookie in Coleman at LT behind JT? See a lot of build it like the Panther's defense but their LB's were in place first than they put studs up in front of them to keep LB's clean. We should be better up front (we said that last season too) but damn that back end is slowing & small. Rahim Moore is 6'1" than we drafted shorter. Back end needs to create some jobs..

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #45

    I don't think Caldwell is really going to compete for starting time, at least not this year, and Kindred is probably also a backup to Campbell/Moore/Poyer.

    With Haden healthy, Williams can go back to #2, where he's not so much of a liability, and an upgraded pass rush will help the back end out.

    Horton and Pettine have opposite philosophies when it comes to D - Pettine is all about elite corners that can give the pass rush time to get home, Horton is all about not getting to the QB before the receivers come open.

  • Solomon is gone already. I just want to know who is the backup left Tackle?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @opal312 said:

    Solomon is gone already. I just want to know who is the backup left Tackle?

    It was in my post: Dan France. One of the likely casualties.

  • @westside-steve said:

    The team almost beat the ratbirds. Hey I don't have a problem if you want to stay loyal to Connor Shaw.

    I like Ken Dorsey and he was irrelevant too.

    🙂

    WSS

    Glad you brought up Dorsey Steve. Walter Football is making it sound like Kessler is worse than Dorsey..

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @hoorta said:

    Glad you brought up Dorsey Steve. Walter Football is making it sound like Kessler is worse than Dorsey..

    Or, maybe he will be as good as Brian Sipe. Another skinny, weak armed SoCal boy.

    (though....I expect him to be more like Paul McDonald.....fellow USC grad....a backup)

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    The flea circus is walkin' the tightrope for sure.

    "So she painted on a smile and took up with some clown
    While she danced without a net upon the wire

    Fly high and proud
    And if you should fall, remember you almost had it all.

    Baby saw that when they pulled that big top down
    They left behind her dreams among the litter"

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Or alternatively...

    I'm up on the tight rope
    One side's hate and one is hope
    But the top hat on my head
    Is all you see
    And the wire seems to be
    The only place for me
    A comedy of errors
    And I'm falling
    Like a rubber-neck giraffe
    You look into my past
    Well, maybe you're just
    Too blind to (thump thump thump) see
    I'm up in the spotlight
    Ohh, does it feel right?
    Ohh, altitude
    Seems to get to me
    I'm up on the tight wire
    Flanked by life and the funeral pyre
    Putting on a show
    For you to see
    Like a rubber-neck giraffe
    You look into my past
    Well, maybe you're just
    Too blind to see
    - Leon Russell
  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #50

    VesnaKociper said:

    Sashi Brown and Paul De-Pud-Duster

    You saw the movie dead man walking? You got two.

    You watch that HGTV show "Flip or Flop" much? Now you're off the Sashi & DePo bandwagon just because they didn't draft your guy Lynch? At least they didn't draft an offensive lineman till the third round- that should make you happy. Rich is all about playmakers- well, we drafted 4 wide receivers, plus a tight end, and a couple (supposedly) studly pass rushers. .

    We did draft a quarterback- just not the one you wanted. Not particularity the one I wanted either, but we'll see- & see if you're right about Lynch.

    I may not like it, but I get what the Browns are doing. Ray Farmer screwed up the Browns roster so badly it was impossible to fix in one year. There's more holes in it than Swiss cheese. If it wasn't for the damn tiebreaker, the Browns would have been drafting first this year, not the Titans. I'll put the over\under on Browns wins this year at 2 1\2. If you remember the mantra "Suck for Luck"- well, that's EXACTY what the Browns are doing- though they won't admit it. FWIW, next year's QB class is supposedly far superior to this years- and with all those extra selections- the Browns will almost certainly have the pick of the litter.