Skip to content

So You're Saying There's a BETTER Chance...

The Browns Board
55 21 2.0k
  • possible deep playoff run in year 8 or so....fooling yourselves if you think it's going to happen any sooner.

    @clevfan4life said:

    possible deep playoff run in year 8 or so....fooling yourselves if you think it's going to happen any sooner.

    The first part of your sentence is your opinion...but no one is fooling themselves if they believe the browns can do it 4 you dickwad.

  • Contention in 2017 seems like a stretch. Competitiveness in 2017 seems possible, but without having seen our 2016 team play even it is certainly not a given.

    2018? Earliest I'd expect anticipate a playoff appearance... followed by a quick exit.

  • we could very well be picking another DE/OLB'er with the first pick next year guys.

    @clevfan4life said:

    we could very well be picking another DE/OLB'er with the first pick next year guys.

    Myles Garrett or Fornette the RB have to be considered as one of the two 1st rounders if we go QB.

    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2017-nfl-draft-players-to-watch-leonard-fournette-deshaun-watson-050216

  • There'll be a lot of pleasantly surprised people here this year......... Chasin' 8-8 all year, and probably falling 1 game short.

  • There'll be a lot of pleasantly surprised people here this year......... Chasin' 8-8 all year, and probably falling 1 game short.

    @d-bone said:

    There'll be a lot of pleasantly surprised people here this year......... Chasin' 8-8 all year, and probably falling 1 game short.

    Na nu Na nu.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    we could very well be picking another DE/OLB'er with the first pick next year guys.

    Myles Garrett or Fornette the RB have to be considered as one of the two 1st rounders if we go QB.

    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2017-nfl-draft-players-to-watch-leonard-fournette-deshaun-watson-050216

    @texasag1969 said:

    Myles Garrett or Fornette the RB have to be considered as one of the two 1st rounders if we go QB.

    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2017-nfl-draft-players-to-watch-leonard-fournette-deshaun-watson-050216

    Well, again, you have to take this with a grain of salt. Early predictions about next years draft would be foolish.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Myles Garrett or Fornette the RB have to be considered as one of the two 1st rounders if we go QB.

    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2017-nfl-draft-players-to-watch-leonard-fournette-deshaun-watson-050216

    Well, again, you have to take this with a grain of salt. Early predictions about next years draft would be foolish.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, again, you have to take this with a grain of salt. Early predictions about next years draft would be foolish.

    OK-so here are the early QB's http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25574787/the-top-10-qbs-well-be-talking-about-before-the-2017-nfl-draft

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, again, you have to take this with a grain of salt. Early predictions about next years draft would be foolish.

    OK-so here are the early QB's http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25574787/the-top-10-qbs-well-be-talking-about-before-the-2017-nfl-draft

    @texasag1969 said:

    And it wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the guys that were ranked here in the 10-15 range actually become the top draftable guys next year.

    For last year, maybe Goff would have been considered a top 10 guy.....but Lynch and Wentz weren't by any means.

    Show me a preseason evaluation from last year that had those guys amongst like the Top 5 QBs to be available in this draft.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And it wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the guys that were ranked here in the 10-15 range actually become the top draftable guys next year.

    For last year, maybe Goff would have been considered a top 10 guy.....but Lynch and Wentz weren't by any means.

    Show me a preseason evaluation from last year that had those guys amongst like the Top 5 QBs to be available in this draft.

    @the-gipper said:

    And it wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the guys that were ranked here in the 10-15 range actually become the top draftable guys next year.

    For last year, maybe Goff would have been considered a top 10 guy.....but Lynch and Wentz weren't by any means.

    Show me a preseason evaluation from last year that had those guys amongst like the Top 5 QBs to be available in this draft.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2452702-2016-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-early-1st-round-predictions/page/20

    Drafted QBs:

    Hackenberg

    Cook

    Jones

    Goff

    Just an example, as requested.

  • @miktoxic said:

    let's hope horton can get some production out of these defensive picks from farmer that we all fell in love with last year................and gilbert and mingo and krueger etc. etc. etc.

    Getting rid of Jim O'Neil I believe was a step in the direction you want to go. Horton may not be perfect....but he has to be a hell of a lot better than that slouch.

    @the-gipper said:

    Getting rid of Jim O'Neil I believe was a step in the direction you want to go. Horton may not be perfect....but he has to be a hell of a lot better than that slouch.

    Not a big "Whore-ton" fan.. while he maybe intelligent and knowledgible.. I find his weekly press conferances a distraction to the team much in the same way Rob Ryans was.. the only difference being is "Whore-ton" may not come off as obnoxious. And I just see whore-ton as someone with a personal agenda to get his own head coacing gig.

  • There'll be a lot of pleasantly surprised people here this year......... Chasin' 8-8 all year, and probably falling 1 game short.

    @d-bone said:

    There'll be a lot of pleasantly surprised people here this year......... Chasin' 8-8 all year, and probably falling 1 game short.

    i'd rather drive my expectations so low that a 4-5 win season is my "pleasant" surprise. If I go into the season thinking 8-8 is a realistic expectation, which it isn't, this team will sorely disappoint me "AGAIN".

    And furthermore some of you cocksuckers, not you D bone, who constantly drive up these unrealistic expectations every year are the same dumb mother fuckers who are usually grumbling about the coach's job by mid season. I can hear it clear is day already....cause I've heard for like 6 years running. You'll be just beside yourselves that this team isn't contending for the AFC North crown. Just besides yourselves...I mean all this talent you could be coaching them up at least to the AFC championship right?

    FFS stop this. If we go 0-16 but I see some of these kids making plays than i'll be happy...we're building something then.

  • @d-bone said:

    There'll be a lot of pleasantly surprised people here this year......... Chasin' 8-8 all year, and probably falling 1 game short.

    i'd rather drive my expectations so low that a 4-5 win season is my "pleasant" surprise. If I go into the season thinking 8-8 is a realistic expectation, which it isn't, this team will sorely disappoint me "AGAIN".

    And furthermore some of you cocksuckers, not you D bone, who constantly drive up these unrealistic expectations every year are the same dumb mother fuckers who are usually grumbling about the coach's job by mid season. I can hear it clear is day already....cause I've heard for like 6 years running. You'll be just beside yourselves that this team isn't contending for the AFC North crown. Just besides yourselves...I mean all this talent you could be coaching them up at least to the AFC championship right?

    FFS stop this. If we go 0-16 but I see some of these kids making plays than i'll be happy...we're building something then.

    @clevfan4life said:

    i'd rather drive my expectations so low that a 4-5 win season is my "pleasant" surprise. If I go into the season thinking 8-8 is a realistic expectation, which it isn't, this team will sorely disappoint me "AGAIN".

    And furthermore some of you cocksuckers, not you D Bone, who constantly drive up these unrealistic expectations every year are the same dumb mother fuckers who are usually grumbling about the coach's job by mid season. I can hear it clear is day already....cause I've heard for like 6 years running. You'll be just beside yourselves that this team isn't contending for the AFC North crown. Just besides yourselves...I mean all this talent you could be coaching them up at least to the AFC championship right?

    FFS stop this. If we go 0-16 but I see some of these kids making plays than i'll be happy...we're building something then.

    I hear ya. I think that the turn over in the 53, combined with Hue and his guys, will produce a lot of competitiveness and it will be easily seen each week. I sort of expect the majority of games to be winnable (up a few or down by 8 or less) late/middle into the 3rd qtr, and then we'll see what happens....... At least the opponents will know we're there.

    I just think Hue will have a better offensive scheme than what we've suffered through the last few years, and the defense will play better simply with the removal of O'Neil. Add that to the influx of youth, and players that have a chip on their shoulder, and I expect to see decent football that only gets better as the season goes, instead of crumbling like Ghoolie's plaque infested arteries.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    i'd rather drive my expectations so low that a 4-5 win season is my "pleasant" surprise. If I go into the season thinking 8-8 is a realistic expectation, which it isn't, this team will sorely disappoint me "AGAIN".

    And furthermore some of you cocksuckers, not you D Bone, who constantly drive up these unrealistic expectations every year are the same dumb mother fuckers who are usually grumbling about the coach's job by mid season. I can hear it clear is day already....cause I've heard for like 6 years running. You'll be just beside yourselves that this team isn't contending for the AFC North crown. Just besides yourselves...I mean all this talent you could be coaching them up at least to the AFC championship right?

    FFS stop this. If we go 0-16 but I see some of these kids making plays than i'll be happy...we're building something then.

    I hear ya. I think that the turn over in the 53, combined with Hue and his guys, will produce a lot of competitiveness and it will be easily seen each week. I sort of expect the majority of games to be winnable (up a few or down by 8 or less) late/middle into the 3rd qtr, and then we'll see what happens....... At least the opponents will know we're there.

    I just think Hue will have a better offensive scheme than what we've suffered through the last few years, and the defense will play better simply with the removal of O'Neil. Add that to the influx of youth, and players that have a chip on their shoulder, and I expect to see decent football that only gets better as the season goes, instead of crumbling like Ghoolie's plaque infested arteries.

    @d-bone said:

    I hear ya. I think that the turn over in the 53, combined with Hue and his guys, will produce a lot of competitiveness and it will be easily seen each week. I sort of expect the majority of games to be winnable (up a few or down by 8 or less) late/middle into the 3rd qtr, and then we'll see what happens....... At least the opponents will know we're there.

    I just think Hue will have a better offensive scheme than what we've suffered through the last few years, and the defense will play better simply with the removal of O'Neil. Add that to the influx of youth, and players that have a chip on their shoulder, and I expect to see decent football that only gets better as the season goes, instead of crumbling like Ghoolie's plaque infested arteries.

    despite what looks like an "okay" draft to Me.. I still see this team finishing between 0-16 to 2-14.. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

  • @d-bone said:

    I hear ya. I think that the turn over in the 53, combined with Hue and his guys, will produce a lot of competitiveness and it will be easily seen each week. I sort of expect the majority of games to be winnable (up a few or down by 8 or less) late/middle into the 3rd qtr, and then we'll see what happens....... At least the opponents will know we're there.

    I just think Hue will have a better offensive scheme than what we've suffered through the last few years, and the defense will play better simply with the removal of O'Neil. Add that to the influx of youth, and players that have a chip on their shoulder, and I expect to see decent football that only gets better as the season goes, instead of crumbling like Ghoolie's plaque infested arteries.

    despite what looks like an "okay" draft to Me.. I still see this team finishing between 0-16 to 2-14.. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

    @nickers said:

    despite what looks like an "okay" draft to Me.. I still see this team finishing between 0-16 to 2-14.. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

    and that's ok. We as a fan base have to be ok with that. We just have to see the foundation of something. Defensively I want to see a certain philosophy in terms of alignments and the "types" of players needed to fill those spots optimally. If this group is shit throw em out and start over, but start again from 1...not 0. All those years in Pgh when things didn't work they didn't throw Lebeau out did they? No they stuck with him.

  • I doubt most fans agree that being 0-16 to 2-14 is seeing a foundation of something, other than shit.

  • I doubt most fans agree that being 0-16 to 2-14 is seeing a foundation of something, other than shit.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I doubt most fans agree that being 0-16 to 2-14 is seeing a foundation of something, other than shit.

    Because most fans are dumb like you. If that 2-14 season was contested, than it's building. If they were blowouts...than it might be time to look at another redo cause you may not have the pieces you thought you had.

  • Just waiting to see a little light at the end of this dark tunnel, And I think I see a sliver!

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I doubt most fans agree that being 0-16 to 2-14 is seeing a foundation of something, other than shit.

    Because most fans are dumb like you. If that 2-14 season was contested, than it's building. If they were blowouts...than it might be time to look at another redo cause you may not have the pieces you thought you had.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Because most fans are dumb like you. If that 2-14 season was contested, than it's building. If they were blowouts...than it might be time to look at another redo cause you may not have the pieces you thought you had.

    THEN

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I doubt most fans agree that being 0-16 to 2-14 is seeing a foundation of something, other than shit.

    Because most fans are dumb like you. If that 2-14 season was contested, than it's building. If they were blowouts...than it might be time to look at another redo cause you may not have the pieces you thought you had.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Because most fans are dumb like you. If that 2-14 season was contested, than it's building. If they were blowouts...than it might be time to look at another redo cause you may not have the pieces you thought you had.

    No. There are going to be blowouts. Lots of them. Doesn't matter.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Because most fans are dumb like you. If that 2-14 season was contested, than it's building. If they were blowouts...than it might be time to look at another redo cause you may not have the pieces you thought you had.

    No. There are going to be blowouts. Lots of them. Doesn't matter.

    @wargograw said:

    No. There are going to be blowouts. Lots of them. Doesn't matter.

    I agree, I've prepared myself for that because hey, it's our 100th coach in 17 years. I am not going to delude myself into some unrealistic expectations and then scream for the coach's head when the team doesn't meet them.

    I can already see the sputtering mid season rage coming from some people. I'm trying to head that off at the pass now