Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Tribe Board
  3. Back from the game...

Back from the game...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Tribe Board
2 Posts 2 Posters 511 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • CIMO. C
    • 684 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    C CIMO. wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Disgusting loss once again but I'll just say...

    this Rangers offense is really good. I'm all Tribe during the offseason so I got pretty pumped about how deep our lineup is...but when you see a lineup like Texas with incredible power, pretty good contact and multiple 40 steal calibur players, it can be pretty depressing. We have a bunch of guys who can hit 20 homers but when about 7 of our guys can't get from first to third or even from second home...with a pretty useless cleanup hitter and a crutch in Cabrera...I don't know, a team like Texas really puts your offense into perspective. The fact that they've outpitched us so far (while Hamilton and Davis have been quiet) adds to the disgust.

    But hope isn't lost. We won't be facing lineups like that every day and I still have confidence in Lee and Fausto to have good years. Our offense should still be good but changes have to (and hopefully, will) be made. Get Hafner out of the 4 hole. I guess you can't really drop Cabrera lower than 9. Keep LaPorta and Brantley on speed dial.

    And I'm a terrible writer, so just to make sure...this is an optimistic post, mainly for myself after sitting through these two clunkers. Nowhere to go but up.

    ClevelandFanForLifeC 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • C CIMO.

      Disgusting loss once again but I'll just say...

      this Rangers offense is really good. I'm all Tribe during the offseason so I got pretty pumped about how deep our lineup is...but when you see a lineup like Texas with incredible power, pretty good contact and multiple 40 steal calibur players, it can be pretty depressing. We have a bunch of guys who can hit 20 homers but when about 7 of our guys can't get from first to third or even from second home...with a pretty useless cleanup hitter and a crutch in Cabrera...I don't know, a team like Texas really puts your offense into perspective. The fact that they've outpitched us so far (while Hamilton and Davis have been quiet) adds to the disgust.

      But hope isn't lost. We won't be facing lineups like that every day and I still have confidence in Lee and Fausto to have good years. Our offense should still be good but changes have to (and hopefully, will) be made. Get Hafner out of the 4 hole. I guess you can't really drop Cabrera lower than 9. Keep LaPorta and Brantley on speed dial.

      And I'm a terrible writer, so just to make sure...this is an optimistic post, mainly for myself after sitting through these two clunkers. Nowhere to go but up.

      ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 100 Reputation
      ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @cimo. said:

      Disgusting loss once again but I'll just say...

      this Rangers offense is really good. I'm all Tribe during the offseason so I got pretty pumped about how deep our lineup is...but when you see a lineup like Texas with incredible power, pretty good contact and multiple 40 steal calibur players, it can be pretty depressing. We have a bunch of guys who can hit 20 homers but when about 7 of our guys can't get from first to third or even from second home...with a pretty useless cleanup hitter and a crutch in Cabrera...I don't know, a team like Texas really puts your offense into perspective. The fact that they've outpitched us so far (while Hamilton and Davis have been quiet) adds to the disgust.

      But hope isn't lost. We won't be facing lineups like that every day and I still have confidence in Lee and Fausto to have good years. Our offense should still be good but changes have to (and hopefully, will) be made. Get Hafner out of the 4 hole. I guess you can't really drop Cabrera lower than 9. Keep LaPorta and Brantley on speed dial.

      And I'm a terrible writer, so just to make sure...this is an optimistic post, mainly for myself after sitting through these two clunkers. Nowhere to go but up.

      these two games hurt when because they are the first games of a season with big hopes, but they do not matter as much as you think. the indians will find a groove and all will be ok. these are only 2 games. there are 160 left. there's no reason to believe that they won't go 160-2 😉

      once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      Theme
      • System
      • Light
      • Dark
      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Forums
      • Recent
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Donate