Skip to content

Satellite Camps

College Football Forum
51 7 2.6k
  • Ok, Texas, Louisiana, and any of the states around them have more talent both total and per capita than the 3 you listed. Pretty sure of that.

    However, even if that weren't true, what you said does nothing to help make your point that there is just as much talent up north.

  • Ok, Texas, Louisiana, and any of the states around them have more talent both total and per capita than the 3 you listed. Pretty sure of that.

    However, even if that weren't true, what you said does nothing to help make your point that there is just as much talent up north.

    @wargograw said:

    Ok, Texas, Louisiana, and any of the states around them have more talent both total and per capita than the 3 you listed. Pretty sure of that.

    However, even if that weren't true, what you said does nothing to help make your point that there is just as much talent up north.

    Per capita? I would say no. Not over Ohio and Pa....which have as much or more talent per capita than any state....including any SEC state.

    Do other northern states match up as well. No, I suppose NH, Vermont and Maine don't.

  • Depends on how you define talent. Louisiana has the most NFL players per capita most years.

    In the last draft:

    Texas-32 (population 27.47 million)

    Louisiana-5 (4.67)

    Arkansas-4 (2.98)

    41 total (35.12 million)

    Ohio-14 (11.61)

    Pennsylvania-9 (12.8)

    New Jersey-7 (8.9)

    30 total (33.31 million)

    I don't feel like doing any more research on this. So I'll be interested to see what route you take to prove your point.

    Then, if you do miraculously figure out how to argue that those three states have more talent than the three I mentioned, pick another state and add Florida. Then pick another and add Georgia. Then pick another and add South Carolina. Happy spinning!

  • In fact seven (7) SEC states have more NFL talent per capita than both Ohio and Pennsylvania which, according to you, "have as much or more talent per capita than any state...including any SEC state."

    Pennsylvania is in fact 26th on the list. All but one SEC state produces more talent per capita than Pennsylvania. Even Michigan produces more than Pennsylvania. Please just don't respond to this thread anymore.

    www.scout.com/nfl/story/1463448-nfl-roster-breakdown-per-capita?s=127

  • In fact seven (7) SEC states have more NFL talent per capita than both Ohio and Pennsylvania which, according to you, "have as much or more talent per capita than any state...including any SEC state."

    Pennsylvania is in fact 26th on the list. All but one SEC state produces more talent per capita than Pennsylvania. Even Michigan produces more than Pennsylvania. Please just don't respond to this thread anymore.

    www.scout.com/nfl/story/1463448-nfl-roster-breakdown-per-capita?s=127

    @wargograw said:

    Please just don't respond to this thread anymore.

    No no,, his posts always have a certain comedic homerism value

  • Depends on how you define talent. Louisiana has the most NFL players per capita most years.

    In the last draft:

    Texas-32 (population 27.47 million)

    Louisiana-5 (4.67)

    Arkansas-4 (2.98)

    41 total (35.12 million)

    Ohio-14 (11.61)

    Pennsylvania-9 (12.8)

    New Jersey-7 (8.9)

    30 total (33.31 million)

    I don't feel like doing any more research on this. So I'll be interested to see what route you take to prove your point.

    Then, if you do miraculously figure out how to argue that those three states have more talent than the three I mentioned, pick another state and add Florida. Then pick another and add Georgia. Then pick another and add South Carolina. Happy spinning!

    @wargograw said:

    Depends on how you define talent. Louisiana has the most NFL players per capita most years.

    In the last draft:

    Texas-32 (population 27.47 million)

    Louisiana-5 (4.67)

    Arkansas-4 (2.98)

    41 total (35.12 million)

    Ohio-14 (11.61)

    Pennsylvania-9 (12.8)

    New Jersey-7 (8.9)

    30 total (33.31 million)

    I don't feel like doing any more research on this. So I'll be interested to see what route you take to prove your point.

    Then, if you do miraculously figure out how to argue that those three states have more talent than the three I mentioned, pick another state and add Florida. Then pick another and add Georgia. Then pick another and add South Carolina. Happy spinning!

    If I look at your numbers only I see that La. had 4.67 players per some per capita. Ohio had 11.61, Pa 12.8. NJ 8.9. The last time I had a math class, 11, 12, 8.9 were bigger than 4.67.

    Only Texas adds any credibility to your argument. Here are other stats:

    NFL PLAYER BREAKDOWN BY STATE

    1. California 225

    2. Florida 186

    3. Texas 184

    4. Georgia 95

    5. Ohio 74

    6. New Jersey 63

    7. Louisiana 62

    8. Pennsylvania 58

    9. South Carolina 54

    10. Virginia 50

    As I said, Ohio/Pa/NJ about as good as any other region

  • Actually I said Louisiana has a population of 4.67 million.

    The list you posted is not a per capita breakdown and there are 3 SEC states higher than any of the three you're pushing.

    So to recap:

    TX-1.16

    LA-1.07 NFL draftees last year per million residents

    AR-1.34

    OH-1.21

    PA-.7

    NJ-.79

    I see you're now switching to "about as good as any other region." Your original quote was "Ohio and Pa....which have as much or more talent per capita than any state....including any SEC state."

  • Actually I said Louisiana has a population of 4.67 million.

    The list you posted is not a per capita breakdown and there are 3 SEC states higher than any of the three you're pushing.

    So to recap:

    TX-1.16

    LA-1.07 NFL draftees last year per million residents

    AR-1.34

    OH-1.21

    PA-.7

    NJ-.79

    I see you're now switching to "about as good as any other region." Your original quote was "Ohio and Pa....which have as much or more talent per capita than any state....including any SEC state."

    @wargograw said:

    Actually I said Louisiana has a population of 4.67 million.

    The list you posted is not a per capita breakdown and there are 3 SEC states higher than any of the three you're pushing.

    So to recap:

    TX-1.16

    LA-1.07 NFL draftees last year per million residents

    AR-1.34

    OH-1.21

    PA-.7

    NJ-.79

    I see you're now switching to "about as good as any other region." Your original quote was "Ohio and Pa....which have as much or more talent per capita than any state....including any SEC state."

    As much or more.....about as good as any. Really the same thing.

    Plus, we have to figure out your statistic: born there? Went to HS there? Went to college there?

    But, just taking your stats, I thought PA would be much higher. I guess I should know better than to include Pittsburgh area into anything. I should just stick to Ohio.

  • There ya go.

  • Hurts big schools in states with a lot of talent, benefits athletes and should be towards the bottom of the list of "what's wrong with college sports".