Skip to content

Recruiting Tools

College Football Forum
25 5 2.0k
  • OFFENSE

    QB Wilton Speight-So Shane Morris-Sr

    FB Henry Poggi-Jr ..

    TB De'Veon Smith-Sr Drake Johnson-Sr / Ty Isaac-Jr / Derrick Green-Sr

    WR Amara Darboh-Sr Grant Perry-So / Maurice Ways-So

    WR Jehu Chesson-Sr Drake Harris-So / Freddy Canteen-Jr

    TE Jake Butt-Sr Khalid Hill-Jr / Ian Bunting-So

    OT Mason Cole-Jr ..

    OG Ben Braden-Sr .. C .. ..

    OG Kyle Kalis-Sr ..

    OT Erik Magnuson-Sr ..

    K Kenny Allen-Sr ..

    MICHIGAN 2016 DEPTH CHART
    Returning Starters/
    Key Players
    DEFENSE

    DE Taco Charlton-Sr ..

    NT Ryan Glasgow-Sr Maurice Hurst-Jr

    DT Chris Wormley-Sr Matt Godin-Sr BUCK .. .. ILB .. .. ILB .. ..

    OLB Ben Gedeon-Sr ..

    CB Jourdan Lewis-Sr Brandon Watson-So

    CB Jabrill Peppers-So Jeremy Clark-Sr / Channing Stribling-Sr

    SS Delano Hill-Sr Dymonte Thomas-Sr FS .. .. P .. ..

    So, it appears that Ohio State has only 6 returning starters, where Michigan has 15...

    We shall see how things work out.

  • OFFENSE

    QB Wilton Speight-So Shane Morris-Sr

    FB Henry Poggi-Jr ..

    TB De'Veon Smith-Sr Drake Johnson-Sr / Ty Isaac-Jr / Derrick Green-Sr

    WR Amara Darboh-Sr Grant Perry-So / Maurice Ways-So

    WR Jehu Chesson-Sr Drake Harris-So / Freddy Canteen-Jr

    TE Jake Butt-Sr Khalid Hill-Jr / Ian Bunting-So

    OT Mason Cole-Jr ..

    OG Ben Braden-Sr .. C .. ..

    OG Kyle Kalis-Sr ..

    OT Erik Magnuson-Sr ..

    K Kenny Allen-Sr ..

    MICHIGAN 2016 DEPTH CHART
    Returning Starters/
    Key Players
    DEFENSE

    DE Taco Charlton-Sr ..

    NT Ryan Glasgow-Sr Maurice Hurst-Jr

    DT Chris Wormley-Sr Matt Godin-Sr BUCK .. .. ILB .. .. ILB .. ..

    OLB Ben Gedeon-Sr ..

    CB Jourdan Lewis-Sr Brandon Watson-So

    CB Jabrill Peppers-So Jeremy Clark-Sr / Channing Stribling-Sr

    SS Delano Hill-Sr Dymonte Thomas-Sr FS .. .. P .. ..

    So, it appears that Ohio State has only 6 returning starters, where Michigan has 15...

    We shall see how things work out.

    @the-gipper said:

    OFFENSE

    QB Wilton Speight-So Shane Morris-Sr

    FB Henry Poggi-Jr ..

    TB De'Veon Smith-Sr Drake Johnson-Sr / Ty Isaac-Jr / Derrick Green-Sr

    WR Amara Darboh-Sr Grant Perry-So / Maurice Ways-So

    WR Jehu Chesson-Sr Drake Harris-So / Freddy Canteen-Jr

    TE Jake Butt-Sr Khalid Hill-Jr / Ian Bunting-So

    OT Mason Cole-Jr ..

    OG Ben Braden-Sr .. C .. ..

    OG Kyle Kalis-Sr ..

    OT Erik Magnuson-Sr ..

    K Kenny Allen-Sr ..

    MICHIGAN 2016 DEPTH CHART

    Returning Starters/Key Players

    DEFENSE

    DE Taco Charlton-Sr ..

    NT Ryan Glasgow-Sr Maurice Hurst-Jr

    DT Chris Wormley-Sr Matt Godin-Sr BUCK .. .. ILB .. .. ILB .. ..

    OLB Ben Gedeon-Sr ..

    CB Jourdan Lewis-Sr Brandon Watson-So

    CB Jabrill Peppers-So Jeremy Clark-Sr / Channing Stribling-Sr

    SS Delano Hill-Sr Dymonte Thomas-Sr FS .. .. P .. ..

    So, it appears that Ohio State has only 6 returning starters, where Michigan has 15...

    We shall see how things work out.

    That is a fucked up Michigan depth chart. The general idea that we have a lot of starters returning is true though.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Ugh... A normal exchange with gipper I guess...

    Yes, you were right originally. But you basically said water is wet and I never disagreed.

    If by that you mean that having 5 first round draft picks is a better recruiting tool than a rap video....of course it is like saying water is wet....yet, you would probably twist yourself into a pretzel to try to qualify that basic fact.

    You said 15-1, that's where we started. It's 7-1 now. That's the more up to date info.

    And...I asked, if so....what happened to change that number so drastically. Having the odds halved is a drastic change? The release of a rap video?

    Sure...the reason the number moves if because more money, apparently, is being bet on TUN to win the title.

    But, again, what happened for all that much more money to fall that way?

    It could not have been faith in the recruiting class....as that class was determined months ago...and this changed just happened in the last few weeks.

    What about the Michigan program has changed so greatly to the positive to have betters put their money down for them?

    The rap video? Faith in Harbaugh?

    (Or did just one huge, wealthy Michigan supporter make a million dollar bet?)

    You explain it....if you can.

    What would you do if I provided a list? You'd say the OSU players are better and leave it at that

    Are you now talking about the draft for next year?

    I can only assume that you have not given a list because you are not confident in that list.

    Honestly...I don't know if the OSU players are better. I only know that they lost 15 NFL caliber players, at least.

    Of course, as you say, the cupboard is never bare.....but perhaps the Michigan players would be more experienced, proven..where OSU players would be unproven.

    I would expect that OSU would have far fewer returning starters than TUN....given what they each lost to the draft.

    @the-gipper said:

    @mld-woody said:

    Ugh... A normal exchange with gipper I guess...

    Yes, you were right originally. But you basically said water is wet and I never disagreed.

    If by that you mean that having 5 first round draft picks is a better recruiting tool than a rap video....of course it is like saying water is wet....yet, you would probably twist yourself into a pretzel to try to qualify that basic fact.

    You said 15-1, that's where we started. It's 7-1 now. That's the more up to date info.

    And...I asked, if so....what happened to change that number so drastically. Having the odds halved is a drastic change? The release of a rap video?

    Sure...the reason the number moves if because more money, apparently, is being bet on TUN to win the title.

    But, again, what happened for all that much more money to fall that way?

    It could not have been faith in the recruiting class....as that class was determined months ago...and this changed just happened in the last few weeks.

    What about the Michigan program has changed so greatly to the positive to have betters put their money down for them?

    The rap video? Faith in Harbaugh?

    (Or did just one huge, wealthy Michigan supporter make a million dollar bet?)

    You explain it....if you can.

    What would you do if I provided a list? You'd say the OSU players are better and leave it at that

    Are you now talking about the draft for next year?

    I can only assume that you have not given a list because you are not confident in that list.

    Honestly...I don't know if the OSU players are better. I only know that they lost 15 NFL caliber players, at least.

    Of course, as you say, the cupboard is never bare.....but perhaps the Michigan players would be more experienced, proven..where OSU players would be unproven.

    I would expect that OSU would have far fewer returning starters than TUN....given what they each lost to the draft.

    I'm ending the draft picks vs rap video thing here. If you want to be an insufferable child about it I'll let you. But I'm done. No one disagreed with you and your walking around beating your chest in victory...

    Math. People saw 15-1 as a god bet. They put money on Michigan. So much that the odds moved to 7-1.

    Yes, the draft next year. I am confident Michigan will have a better draft class than OSU barring all of the Jrs sticking around.

    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2016/07/ohio_states_jt_barrett_michiga.html There's a Big Ten Media poll on the preseason to Defensive and Offensive players in the B1G. Having the #1, #5 and #7 player on the defensive list is leading people to think we'll have an elite defensive. That is leading into the title hype (which I still think is too soon)

  • @the-gipper said:

    OFFENSE

    QB Wilton Speight-So Shane Morris-Sr

    FB Henry Poggi-Jr ..

    TB De'Veon Smith-Sr Drake Johnson-Sr / Ty Isaac-Jr / Derrick Green-Sr

    WR Amara Darboh-Sr Grant Perry-So / Maurice Ways-So

    WR Jehu Chesson-Sr Drake Harris-So / Freddy Canteen-Jr

    TE Jake Butt-Sr Khalid Hill-Jr / Ian Bunting-So

    OT Mason Cole-Jr ..

    OG Ben Braden-Sr .. C .. ..

    OG Kyle Kalis-Sr ..

    OT Erik Magnuson-Sr ..

    K Kenny Allen-Sr ..

    MICHIGAN 2016 DEPTH CHART

    Returning Starters/Key Players

    DEFENSE

    DE Taco Charlton-Sr ..

    NT Ryan Glasgow-Sr Maurice Hurst-Jr

    DT Chris Wormley-Sr Matt Godin-Sr BUCK .. .. ILB .. .. ILB .. ..

    OLB Ben Gedeon-Sr ..

    CB Jourdan Lewis-Sr Brandon Watson-So

    CB Jabrill Peppers-So Jeremy Clark-Sr / Channing Stribling-Sr

    SS Delano Hill-Sr Dymonte Thomas-Sr FS .. .. P .. ..

    So, it appears that Ohio State has only 6 returning starters, where Michigan has 15...

    We shall see how things work out.

    That is a fucked up Michigan depth chart. The general idea that we have a lot of starters returning is true though.

    @mld-woody said:

    That is a fucked up Michigan depth chart. The general idea that we have a lot of starters returning is true though.

    It is what I found on line.....you are free to find a more accurate one. (and why is it fucked up?)

  • @the-gipper said:

    @mld-woody said:

    Ugh... A normal exchange with gipper I guess...

    Yes, you were right originally. But you basically said water is wet and I never disagreed.

    If by that you mean that having 5 first round draft picks is a better recruiting tool than a rap video....of course it is like saying water is wet....yet, you would probably twist yourself into a pretzel to try to qualify that basic fact.

    You said 15-1, that's where we started. It's 7-1 now. That's the more up to date info.

    And...I asked, if so....what happened to change that number so drastically. Having the odds halved is a drastic change? The release of a rap video?

    Sure...the reason the number moves if because more money, apparently, is being bet on TUN to win the title.

    But, again, what happened for all that much more money to fall that way?

    It could not have been faith in the recruiting class....as that class was determined months ago...and this changed just happened in the last few weeks.

    What about the Michigan program has changed so greatly to the positive to have betters put their money down for them?

    The rap video? Faith in Harbaugh?

    (Or did just one huge, wealthy Michigan supporter make a million dollar bet?)

    You explain it....if you can.

    What would you do if I provided a list? You'd say the OSU players are better and leave it at that

    Are you now talking about the draft for next year?

    I can only assume that you have not given a list because you are not confident in that list.

    Honestly...I don't know if the OSU players are better. I only know that they lost 15 NFL caliber players, at least.

    Of course, as you say, the cupboard is never bare.....but perhaps the Michigan players would be more experienced, proven..where OSU players would be unproven.

    I would expect that OSU would have far fewer returning starters than TUN....given what they each lost to the draft.

    I'm ending the draft picks vs rap video thing here. If you want to be an insufferable child about it I'll let you. But I'm done. No one disagreed with you and your walking around beating your chest in victory...

    Math. People saw 15-1 as a god bet. They put money on Michigan. So much that the odds moved to 7-1.

    Yes, the draft next year. I am confident Michigan will have a better draft class than OSU barring all of the Jrs sticking around.

    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2016/07/ohio_states_jt_barrett_michiga.html There's a Big Ten Media poll on the preseason to Defensive and Offensive players in the B1G. Having the #1, #5 and #7 player on the defensive list is leading people to think we'll have an elite defensive. That is leading into the title hype (which I still think is too soon)

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm ending the draft picks vs rap video thing here. If you want to be an insufferable child about it I'll let you. But I'm done. No one disagreed with you and your walking around beating your chest in victory...

    Then why are your knickers in such a twist about it?

    Math. People saw 15-1 as a god bet. They put money on Michigan. So much that the odds moved to 7-1.

    I think there is more to it.

    Yes, the draft next year. I am confident Michigan will have a better draft class than OSU barring all of the Jrs sticking around.

    Sure, that is the early conjecture. We haven't seen how these OSU backups will perform now that they are starters. Who knows....perhaps some stars will emerge. You are welcome.

    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2016/07/ohio_states_jt_barrett_michiga.html There's a Big Ten Media poll on the preseason to Defensive and Offensive players in the B1G. Having the #1, #5 and #7 player on the defensive list is leading people to think we'll have an elite defensive. That is leading into the title hype (which I still think is too soon)

    JT Barrett pretty much sliced and diced that defense up last year...to the tune of 42-13. Weren't #1, #5 and #7 on that team? Not so elite...so, yea, it is a lot way to soon for any title hype. (but, sure...EZ E won't be there this year...and he mauled that defense as well)

  • @mld-woody said:

    That is a fucked up Michigan depth chart. The general idea that we have a lot of starters returning is true though.

    It is what I found on line.....you are free to find a more accurate one. (and why is it fucked up?)

    @the-gipper said:

    It is what I found on line.....you are free to find a more accurate one. (and why is it fucked up?)

    The position of some of the players (and the formatting).

    I'm covering 2nd shift tonight, but I'll try to get you a better one tomorrow

  • @mld-woody said:

    I'm ending the draft picks vs rap video thing here. If you want to be an insufferable child about it I'll let you. But I'm done. No one disagreed with you and your walking around beating your chest in victory...

    Then why are your knickers in such a twist about it?

    Math. People saw 15-1 as a god bet. They put money on Michigan. So much that the odds moved to 7-1.

    I think there is more to it.

    Yes, the draft next year. I am confident Michigan will have a better draft class than OSU barring all of the Jrs sticking around.

    Sure, that is the early conjecture. We haven't seen how these OSU backups will perform now that they are starters. Who knows....perhaps some stars will emerge. You are welcome.

    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2016/07/ohio_states_jt_barrett_michiga.html There's a Big Ten Media poll on the preseason to Defensive and Offensive players in the B1G. Having the #1, #5 and #7 player on the defensive list is leading people to think we'll have an elite defensive. That is leading into the title hype (which I still think is too soon)

    JT Barrett pretty much sliced and diced that defense up last year...to the tune of 42-13. Weren't #1, #5 and #7 on that team? Not so elite...so, yea, it is a lot way to soon for any title hype. (but, sure...EZ E won't be there this year...and he mauled that defense as well)

    @the-gipper said:

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm ending the draft picks vs rap video thing here. If you want to be an insufferable child about it I'll let you. But I'm done. No one disagreed with you and your walking around beating your chest in victory...

    Then why are your knickers in such a twist about it?

    Math. People saw 15-1 as a god bet. They put money on Michigan. So much that the odds moved to 7-1.

    I think there is more to it.

    Yes, the draft next year. I am confident Michigan will have a better draft class than OSU barring all of the Jrs sticking around.

    Sure, that is the early conjecture. We haven't seen how these OSU backups will perform now that they are starters. Who knows....perhaps some stars will emerge. You are welcome.

    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2016/07/ohio_states_jt_barrett_michiga.html There's a Big Ten Media poll on the preseason to Defensive and Offensive players in the B1G. Having the #1, #5 and #7 player on the defensive list is leading people to think we'll have an elite defensive. That is leading into the title hype (which I still think is too soon)

    JT Barrett pretty much sliced and diced that defense up last year...to the tune of 42-13. Weren't #1, #5 and #7 on that team? Not so elite...so, yea, it is a lot way to soon for any title hype. (but, sure...EZ E won't be there this year...and he mauled that defense as well)

    I'm not sure what else there would be. Nothing has happened since the original odds came out. We just had satellite camps everywhere.

    I'm not talking about the team performance, just the draft class. We'll have more draft eligible people that are good enough to be drafted. Mainly because of the amount that left last year for you.

    Two things. Are LBs weren't very good and we were missing our great NT. That heled and already elite running game destroy us. Also our DC at the time (Durkin) was terrible against the spread. Look at our games leading up to that and it's easy to see. We were wavering before that.

    This year's defense returns everyone but those LBs for the most part, and we get the NT back. Plus Peppers gets another year under his belt. Plus our new DC coached the #1 D in the country at BC last season. Now he gets more talent to work with

  • Din TUN fire last year's DC?

  • Din TUN fire last year's DC?

    @the-gipper said:

    Din TUN fire last year's DC?

    No he's the HC at Maryland now

  • With today's parity in all sports especially NCAA D-1 preseason polls are long shots at best maybe with the exception of some of the really elite schools which might have a chance to make it all the way.

    And there are a lot of places for game lines and futures, one I like is http://www.vegasinsider.com/

    (8/18/2016) - ODDS TO WIN 2016 COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (1/11/17)

    Team Odds

    Alabama 11/2

    Ohio State 15/2 <------

    Clemson 17/2

    Florida State 10/1

    LSU 10/1

    Michigan 12/1 <----

    Oklahoma 12/1

    Tennessee 14/1

    Notre Dame 22/1

    USC 25/1

    TCU 35/1

    Washington 35/1

    Iowa 40/1 <----

    So there you go. ......