Name your top 5 offensive players in this division.
-
Asked for offense....perhaps a "defense" category can also be done.
Oops....
- Ravens: A.J. Green, C.J. Mosley, Eric Weddell
Move AJ over.
Also for the ravens, dumerville/suggs/flacco/smith don't get a mention?
Suggs and Dummerville are too long in the tooth for me to consider.
Flacco? No... never have "felt" him.
Considered Smith, but I thought he'd retired. If he plays, he's in...
there is a lot more to the story than the simple comparison. That's all.
Yes, there is...
- Barn maximized what he has for one full season.
- Eifert is the better athlete and it showed in a healthy, 2015 season.
- Both need to wash, rinse and repeat.
Greatness at other positions creates competition for touches. Barn 79 receptions; Tyler 52.
Yes, there is...
- Barn maximized what he has for one full season.
- Eifert is the better athlete and it showed in a healthy, 2015 season.
- Both need to wash, rinse and repeat.
Greatness at other positions creates competition for touches. Barn 79 receptions; Tyler 52.
OK, my bad. I see that Eifert did make the Pro Bowl last year as well. So, it is a close call between those two.
-
Top 5 defensive Players in the AFCN:
If you go by this, these are the Pro Bowlers from last year from the division:
Atkins DT Bengals
Carlos Dunlap DE Bengals
Adam Jones DB Bengals
Elvis Dumerville DE/LB Ravens.
And that is it. Who would be that 5th best guy....if you buy that the Pro Bowlers above make the grade in the top 5:
(if Joe Haden were up to form, I would say him...but he is not up to form)
Burfict?
Weddle?
Once upon a time you might of said Timmons of the Steelers...but now? (hell...you might have said James Harrison) How about Heyward?
Any other defensive standouts in the AFCN? (It actually seems like there is a dearth of real top notch defenders in this division now)
-
So he's wrong on the pro bowl attendance side and the production side.
I'd go Eifert as well
Eifert a much better blocker too.
-
Yes, there is...
Barn maximized what he has for one full season.
Eifert is the better athlete and it showed in a healthy, 2015 season.
Both need to wash, rinse and repeat.
Greatness at other positions creates competition for touches. Barn 79 receptions; Tyler 52.
**********************************
So, Eifert stayed healthy, and that eans he's a better athlete?
really now.
Tyler Eifert injury update, recovery timetable and who steps up - Cincy ...
www.cincyjungle.com/.../tyler-eifert-injury-update-recovery-timetable-w...
May 25, 2016 - The Bengals were hit with a bombshell Tuesday when word came out that Tyler Eifert's ankle injury from the Pro Bowl would require surgery.
Tyler Eifert undergoing ankle surgery, expected to undergo 3 month ...
www.cincyjungle.com/.../tyler-eifert-undergoing-ankle-surgery-expected...
May 24, 2016 - The surgery is reportedly on the ankle that Eifert injured in the 2016 Pro Bowl, which was thought to be minor at the time, yet apparently was ...
-
Eifert played only one game in 2014. Only 39 receptions in 2013.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8408/tyler-eifert
RECEIVING
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2015 Cincinnati Bengals 13 52 615 11.8 47.3 31 13 8 0 38 0
2014 Cincinnati Bengals 1 3 37 12.3 37.0 20 0 1 0 2 0
2013 Cincinnati Bengals 15 39 445 11.4 29.7 61 2 5 2 19 0
TOTAL 29 94 1,097 11.7 37.8 61 15 14 2 59 0
Golly, looks like Eifert only maximized what he has for one full season.
that's with more talent around him.
So, the Bengals had more talent around Eifert, and they also had
HUE JACKSON as their offensive coordinator.
Oh, lookie - who is the excellent head coach of the Browns now?
It's just silly to say Eifert was the better TE because of touchdowns.
It's a team game.
-
Eifert probably is the better athlete, I suppose.
Barnidge had more touches because he didn't have
a solid wr cast around him, and still had great numbers.
-
So? No one disputes my list of top AFCN Defensive players?
Actually....I think the AFCN is going to be a weaker division this year. Unlike some who think the AFCN could get as many as 3 teams in, I think we will just get the one.
As noted....I think there is a dearth of talent on defense. Neither Baltimore nor Pittsburgh have the kind of defenses they both had just a few years ago. Cinci's defense is the best....but I can't say that that is a great...or even really good defense. It is a B or B- defense.
The Browns, of course, (as always it seems) are in flux. Injuries to veterans and so many young unproven players.
The offenses in this division are ahead of the defenses.....but defense wins championships.....ask the Broncos.
-
You would probably put CJ Mosely near the top of the list.
-
So? No one disputes my list of top AFCN Defensive players?
Actually....I think the AFCN is going to be a weaker division this year. Unlike some who think the AFCN could get as many as 3 teams in, I think we will just get the one.
As noted....I think there is a dearth of talent on defense. Neither Baltimore nor Pittsburgh have the kind of defenses they both had just a few years ago. Cinci's defense is the best....but I can't say that that is a great...or even really good defense. It is a B or B- defense.
The Browns, of course, (as always it seems) are in flux. Injuries to veterans and so many young unproven players.
The offenses in this division are ahead of the defenses.....but defense wins championships.....ask the Broncos.
So? No one disputes my list of top AFCN Defensive players?
Actually....I think the AFCN is going to be a weaker division this year. Unlike some who think the AFCN could get as many as 3 teams in, I think we will just get the one.
As noted....I think there is a dearth of talent on defense. Neither Baltimore nor Pittsburgh have the kind of defenses they both had just a few years ago. Cinci's defense is the best....but I can't say that that is a great...or even really good defense. It is a B or B- defense.
The Browns, of course, (as always it seems) are in flux. Injuries to veterans and so many young unproven players.
The offenses in this division are ahead of the defenses.....but defense wins championships.....ask the Broncos.
Drop the Pro Bowl attendees cause the best don't play there anymore? They "so call recover". Pitts defense is gett-able now due to coaching, but have talent. But you better score, cause they are.. Don't forget Ray Malanuga & Cinny added Dansby. Again, Cinny is loaded on defense but could be offensively challenged starting with no H. Jackson..
-
Big Ben (pretty obvious)
Antonio Brown (nobody can cover him)
Joe Thomas (enough said)
La'Veon Bell (hate to say it, but it's true. I know he's got suspension issues, but the guy is very talented)
Josh Gordon (he's in the league, for now, and he's stupidly talented)
I could have gone with multiple Bengals as well, including Eiffert and A.J. Green. In fact, a very solid argument could be made to replace Gordon with Green, but I'm supremely biased, hahaha. It hurt me to put that many Steelers on the list, but it's true. They have star power galore on their offense, and that's pretty obvious.
-
-
Big Ben (pretty obvious)
Antonio Brown (nobody can cover him)
Joe Thomas (enough said)
La'Veon Bell (hate to say it, but it's true. I know he's got suspension issues, but the guy is very talented)
Josh Gordon (he's in the league, for now, and he's stupidly talented)
I could have gone with multiple Bengals as well, including Eiffert and A.J. Green. In fact, a very solid argument could be made to replace Gordon with Green, but I'm supremely biased, hahaha. It hurt me to put that many Steelers on the list, but it's true. They have star power galore on their offense, and that's pretty obvious.
Big Ben (pretty obvious)
Antonio Brown (nobody can cover him)
Joe Thomas (enough said)
La'Veon Bell (hate to say it, but it's true. I know he's got suspension issues, but the guy is very talented)
Josh Gordon (he's in the league, for now, and he's stupidly talented)
I could have gone with multiple Bengals as well, including Eiffert and A.J. Green. In fact, a very solid argument could be made to replace Gordon with Green, but I'm supremely biased, hahaha. It hurt me to put that many Steelers on the list, but it's true. They have star power galore on their offense, and that's pretty obvious.
Exxcept they will be down one star player.
Plus, I asked this elsewhere......does anyone think that BR can last through this season unscathed by injury?
-
Sure.
Who really is the Browns Best defender right now?
Joe Haden.
-
Plus, I asked this elsewhere......does anyone think that BR can last through this season unscathed by injury? Gipper
*****************************************
Nope. The first time he throws an INT, or they lose a game,
he will be "injured".
The more serious question is, will all ladies around him go unscathed by him til the season is over?
-
It's probably Joe Haden, but obviously he comes with question marks. It's very difficult to gauge his effectiveness due to the vast injuries and incompetent coaching staff, but Haden can definitely play. Lord how we need this guy to be healthy, but as we all know, he's NOT healthy. I believe Haden vowed not to miss the first game of the season, but part of his problem last year was that he barely participated in training camp. He never fully found his rhythm, and he then he became injured.
I hope to hell that we don't have a repeat. How far along is the ankle? What kind of shape will he be in? Will he have lingering aspects of the surgery? When will he even be able to practice?
Lord we need this guy. Just take a look at our DB's....ugh. On the plus side, if our team can JUST get a little damn luck, the secondary could be vastly different from what most of us think it will be. Gilbert has the physical tools...can he be reached by a different staff? Is he just a lost cause? If....(and it's a HUGE if), but IF he can truly play and be a competent starting DB, we are much better off than we think.
-
-
Based upon on-field performance and not relatively baseless projections... have to say Haden.
What other alternatives are there?
Des "Lost-for-the-Season" Bryant?
Paul "I-had-one-great-year" Kruger?
Better pray the whole is greater than the sum of our parts...
Based upon on-field performance and not relatively baseless projections... have to say Haden.
What other alternatives are there?
Des "Lost-for-the-Season" Bryant?
Paul "I-had-one-great-year" Kruger?
Better pray the whole is greater than the sum of our parts...
Yep. I feel we could be like Jacksonville were last year - a lot of fun to watch on O, capable of putting up a lot of points, but with basically not much on D. A lot of potential that needs to be realised. If Shelton holds the line, Orchard and Ogbah can live up to their college numbers, if Haden and Williams can play at their previously pro bowl level, if Davis/Kirksey works out as a run stuffing/coverage duo, and if poyer/campbell step up in the middle of it all, it could be great. But not all of that will happen. Hopefully two or three of those things happen at least, or it could be a very long year.
-
Who really is the Browns Best defender right now?
Ha!....sadly, there are no stand out players....and, I think, we cut the best one(Dansby).....
So, if healthy, it would have to be Haden, who is the only pro-bowl caliber defender on our roster....
But, my dark horse for best player "this year" is gonna be Orchard.....
-
One plays for the Browns and is currently in our good graces. Therefore he is the best.
Remember when Jordan Cameron was walking into Canton, look how quickly that changed.
"The Cleveland Browns, elevating mediocre talent to superstar status since 99"
-
One plays for the Browns and is currently in our good graces. Therefore he is the best.
Remember when Jordan Cameron was walking into Canton, look how quickly that changed.
"The Cleveland Browns, elevating mediocre talent to superstar status since 99"
Remember when Jordan Cameron was walking into Canton, look how quickly that changed.
"The Cleveland Browns, elevating mediocre talent to superstar status since 99"
Cameron was Pro Bowl talent....if not HOF talent.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login