Skip to content

The 2016 "Sunday Ticket" Deal Thread

The Browns Board
61 21 2.7k
  • For $50 you can have an open invitation to my house (good Sunday's only)... free water...

  • Yeah, h... I hear you. I'm on the fence...

    In the 90's I used to do the Sports bar thing at the but a Browns majority of attendees gave us the big screen and sound every week. Made some friends there including Ernie, who had us all to his house for the last game of '95. The group did not survive the lay

    Aside: It was Ernie who had an original Paul Brown game plan book in his possession, a hardbound journal with tendency notes from film study, match up notes and more. We all handled it like it was an original, Gutenberg Bible.

    Later I flew solo at the Time Out #2 in Pasadena, TX. Close captioning sufficed... especially since it's not like we garner the best broadcast duos in the biz... but I missed a group setting. If I want to drive an hour each way there's a six-person, BrownsBacker branch registered in a small town south of me.

    With taxes and fees my DTV is a tad over $130/mo... but that includes HBO. Of that what cheeses me the most? I have a DVR/receiver and they charge $10/mo for the Receiver and $10/mo for the DVR... two charges for one box. And only one TV is in the house. I do have HBO.

    Sunday Ticket is great. As much as I love Browns games, I also love being able to choose my late game, which the Cowboys tend to dominate in my area. (Have I mentioned recently that I hate the Cowboys?) Having alternatives really paid off last year when they were bad. Watched a number of Raider games.

    Comradeship? These days that's via the Tavern. I wonder if the Bar has Wifi?

    @tour2ma said:

    Close captioning sufficed...

    ... but Oh for the individual table speakers at Damon's...

    Used to love that place... screens big and bigger... better than decent food and beer selection... and satellite Trivia to boot...

  • Just checked and there is a Pub 5 minutes from me with plenty of screens.... enough to show every game. Been a while since I did the Sports bar thing.. and it's not "free" when you clear the tab, but still a cheaper alternative.

    Sunday Ticket is now hanging by a thread...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's very, very easy to find high quality options online if you know where to look.

    Nowhere that gives your computer AIDS, either.

    I stopped paying for DTV a few years ago. Haven't missed a Browns game since. Even cast it to my TV with very little to no noticeable loss in quality.

    ... and that thread is now being assaulted... lol... you tech savvy youngin', you...

    May I assume you are willing to share?

    @tour2ma said:

    Just checked and there is a Pub 5 minutes from me with plenty of screens.... enough to show every game. Been a while since I did the Sports bar thing.. and it's not "free" when you clear the tab, but still a cheaper alternative.

    Sunday Ticket is now hanging by a thread...

    ... and that thread is now being assaulted... lol... you tech savvy youngin', you...

    May I assume you are willing to share?

    Sure thing. It changes week to week, for obvious reasons, but I'll DM you when the preseason rolls around let you know where I find it.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Just checked and there is a Pub 5 minutes from me with plenty of screens.... enough to show every game. Been a while since I did the Sports bar thing.. and it's not "free" when you clear the tab, but still a cheaper alternative.

    Sunday Ticket is now hanging by a thread...

    ... and that thread is now being assaulted... lol... you tech savvy youngin', you...

    May I assume you are willing to share?

    Sure thing. It changes week to week, for obvious reasons, but I'll DM you when the preseason rolls around let you know where I find it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Sure thing. It changes week to week, for obvious reasons, but I'll DM you when the preseason rolls around let you know where I find it.

    There's better which TCPO can allude to, but if you type in "reddit nfl streams" it will take you to some okay to above average feeds consistently too.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Sure thing. It changes week to week, for obvious reasons, but I'll DM you when the preseason rolls around let you know where I find it.

    There's better which TCPO can allude to, but if you type in "reddit nfl streams" it will take you to some okay to above average feeds consistently too.

    @jrb12711 said:

    There's better which TCPO can allude to, but if you type in "reddit nfl streams" it will take you to some okay to above average feeds consistently too.

    Hit the nail on the head there.

    r/nflstreams is normally where I begin my research. They do a good job.

  • I dropped the ticket a few years ago.

    I've........been.........streaming...........it...........in.........stop..........action.........since...........then.......

    Great.......fun.........

    -------------------

    The first year I had NFL Rewind (1 team = $29.99, the Browns of coursre). I could see the game the next day. So..........I'd...............Stream..........on............Sunday........

    And usually be too pissed to even watch it on Monday.

    They did away with Rewind and brought in Game Day or something at a much higher price.

  • Well I tried t do it through the chat line but all they could tell me was that I was going to be automatically renewed. But even though I asked 3 times they would or could not tell me what I was going to have to pay per month. They finally gave me the call in number with the proper extension to ask that question. I had to leave right away so I did not have a chance to call during normal work hours. Guess I will try Monday.

  • Pay or don't watch. You guys all poor or what? Have Obummer pay your bill.

  • Pay or don't watch. You guys all poor or what? Have Obummer pay your bill.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Pay or don't watch. You guys all poor or what? Have Obummer pay your bill.

    Well nosey, this was my problem.

    I was a DTV customer since '97. Over the past year I've been getting overcharged. It was auto pay out of my account and I would call and get it squared away right? Well they wouldn't do anything except credit me. That's fine the first five times. It never came down to the point of me being broke or even bouncing checks but it became a hassle. I watch where every dime I earn goes because I'm a fucking dork.

    I got a great deal with Dish Net my wife LOVES it. Me not so much. Now Dish has lost the contracts with Fox and NFL Network. I'm on a price lock and also have my internet bundled with it. I get all the channels and Internet for $102 a month. Really good deal. This year I'll go to my kids and watch the games I like hanging out over there anyway because they won't tell on me if I want to sneak a beer in.

  • Hmmmm... shopping for a better deal and negotiating is UnAmerican? Good to know...

  • i am adept at locating streams, but about once a year i come up empty. i am not on here consistently but if it's after kickoff and you still don't have an outlet to watch hit me up and i may be able to help.

  • in fact i believe there's an UFC i am about to get all "unamerican" on right now...

  • Pay or don't watch. You guys all poor or what? Have Obummer pay your bill.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Pay or don't watch. You guys all poor or what? Have Obummer pay your bill.

    DHBF- is it un-American to go shopping around for a better price? LOL, Vote for Hillary- only if she's promising every household free Directv, with Sunday Ticket. HAHAHAHA.

    Nah- I'm not poor, but if you want to talk about a monopoly- look no farther than the NFL. They've crushed every competitor that's come along. The very American and free market thing that should be done- is sell Sunday Ticket rights to around 5 competing corporations, and let them war it out as to who can offer the cheapest price on that commodity. OMG- could you imagine if individual teams revolted (look no farther than Jerry Jones and the Cowboys) started their own networks, like the Yankees and MLB with the YES Network?

    The NFL is corrupt as Hillary. Essentially they're accepting a $1.5 billion dollar bribe every year from Directv for "protection" of their exclusive turf.

  • Hey dish has nfl network back. That's something.

  • Hey dish has nfl network back. That's something.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Hey dish has nfl network back. That's something.

    There, you'll get to watch the Thursday night bone that they throw us every year.

  • I dropped the Sunday Ticket long ago for a couple reasons- A) new customers were getting a better rate than existing customers, and 😎 it just wasn't worth the price anymore, particularly since after I got home from the stadium, I didn't feel I was getting my money's worth watching from 530pm-6pm to 730 pm on the late games.

    I shell out more moneyt going to the local bar when the Browns are on the road, but at least I'm in company of lots of Browns fans, it helps ease the pain. Screaming at my living room tv alone doesn't cut it anymore

    ...and shopping/negotiating for a better deal isn't unAmerican, unless you're a Republican against collective bargaining....

  • As many already know, I live in Tallahassee, FL and just about HAVE to get the ticket to watch our beloved (frustrating?) team. In my younger days, I would just go to the Browns Backers bar and drink beer and eat chicken wings. I absolutely LOVED it, and you wouldn't believe the size of the Browns Backers club here in Tally! However, now that I have a family, going to the bar every weekend for 5 hours and spending $50 bucks (and coming home drunk, LOL) isn't going to happen. My wife is cool...but she ain't THAT cool!

    No, I will have to pony up for the ticket, and I appreciate this thread. I am going to call today and I will update you guys. What REALLY pisses me off is the fact Direct TV had a special where "new customers get the ticket for free". I've been a paying customer (don't ask what my bill is...yeesh) for 7 years, and I can't get the same deal as a new client that hasn't paid one cent? Does that make sense?

    Stay tuned, calling today.

  • Saw this article, don't know if it really offers any earth-shattering, but check it out.

    http://www.chipsmoneytips.com/2016/08/get-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-free-2016/

  • Saw this article, don't know if it really offers any earth-shattering, but check it out.

    http://www.chipsmoneytips.com/2016/08/get-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-free-2016/

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Saw this article, don't know if it really offers any earth-shattering, but check it out.

    http://www.chipsmoneytips.com/2016/08/get-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-free-2016/

    This article definitely goes back to what I was referring to earlier. They hear the song and dance about cancelling service all the time and know it's usually a bluff. If you play hardball and say "please give me someone who can disconnect my service as without NFL sunday ticket I do not want DirectTV" there's a STRONG possibility that next person will throw some discounts your way. Also, don't be a dick-be straight up and firm but polite. If they truly don't, just lie and say an emergency came up and you'll call back to cancel. They won't give a shit because they didn't lose a customer and in the end you're not losing anything but your time.

  • I did not try the "disconnect Direct TV" ploy, just the "do not renew my Sunday Ticket". The best they offered was 20% discount for "loyal customer" and $50 more for "Max" for the season.

    I just told them not to renew me for any of it and will wait to see if a better offer comes in email at some point as the season draws near. If not then I will just surf the web for day after viewing for free.