The 2016 "Sunday Ticket" Deal Thread
-
i am adept at locating streams, but about once a year i come up empty. i am not on here consistently but if it's after kickoff and you still don't have an outlet to watch hit me up and i may be able to help.
-
in fact i believe there's an UFC i am about to get all "unamerican" on right now...
-
Pay or don't watch. You guys all poor or what? Have Obummer pay your bill.
Pay or don't watch. You guys all poor or what? Have Obummer pay your bill.
DHBF- is it un-American to go shopping around for a better price? LOL, Vote for Hillary- only if she's promising every household free Directv, with Sunday Ticket. HAHAHAHA.
Nah- I'm not poor, but if you want to talk about a monopoly- look no farther than the NFL. They've crushed every competitor that's come along. The very American and free market thing that should be done- is sell Sunday Ticket rights to around 5 competing corporations, and let them war it out as to who can offer the cheapest price on that commodity. OMG- could you imagine if individual teams revolted (look no farther than Jerry Jones and the Cowboys) started their own networks, like the Yankees and MLB with the YES Network?
The NFL is corrupt as Hillary. Essentially they're accepting a $1.5 billion dollar bribe every year from Directv for "protection" of their exclusive turf.
-
Hey dish has nfl network back. That's something.
-
I dropped the Sunday Ticket long ago for a couple reasons- A) new customers were getting a better rate than existing customers, and
it just wasn't worth the price anymore, particularly since after I got home from the stadium, I didn't feel I was getting my money's worth watching from 530pm-6pm to 730 pm on the late games.I shell out more moneyt going to the local bar when the Browns are on the road, but at least I'm in company of lots of Browns fans, it helps ease the pain. Screaming at my living room tv alone doesn't cut it anymore
...and shopping/negotiating for a better deal isn't unAmerican, unless you're a Republican against collective bargaining....
-
As many already know, I live in Tallahassee, FL and just about HAVE to get the ticket to watch our beloved (frustrating?) team. In my younger days, I would just go to the Browns Backers bar and drink beer and eat chicken wings. I absolutely LOVED it, and you wouldn't believe the size of the Browns Backers club here in Tally! However, now that I have a family, going to the bar every weekend for 5 hours and spending $50 bucks (and coming home drunk, LOL) isn't going to happen. My wife is cool...but she ain't THAT cool!
No, I will have to pony up for the ticket, and I appreciate this thread. I am going to call today and I will update you guys. What REALLY pisses me off is the fact Direct TV had a special where "new customers get the ticket for free". I've been a paying customer (don't ask what my bill is...yeesh) for 7 years, and I can't get the same deal as a new client that hasn't paid one cent? Does that make sense?
Stay tuned, calling today.
-
Saw this article, don't know if it really offers any earth-shattering, but check it out.
http://www.chipsmoneytips.com/2016/08/get-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-free-2016/
-
Saw this article, don't know if it really offers any earth-shattering, but check it out.
http://www.chipsmoneytips.com/2016/08/get-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-free-2016/
Saw this article, don't know if it really offers any earth-shattering, but check it out.
http://www.chipsmoneytips.com/2016/08/get-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-free-2016/
This article definitely goes back to what I was referring to earlier. They hear the song and dance about cancelling service all the time and know it's usually a bluff. If you play hardball and say "please give me someone who can disconnect my service as without NFL sunday ticket I do not want DirectTV" there's a STRONG possibility that next person will throw some discounts your way. Also, don't be a dick-be straight up and firm but polite. If they truly don't, just lie and say an emergency came up and you'll call back to cancel. They won't give a shit because they didn't lose a customer and in the end you're not losing anything but your time.
-
I did not try the "disconnect Direct TV" ploy, just the "do not renew my Sunday Ticket". The best they offered was 20% discount for "loyal customer" and $50 more for "Max" for the season.
I just told them not to renew me for any of it and will wait to see if a better offer comes in email at some point as the season draws near. If not then I will just surf the web for day after viewing for free.
-
I just canceled mine. Part of it is the money, most of it is I can watch the Browns suck streaming on my computer for free until week 7 when the season is over.
-
Its worth it for me to be able to watch not only the Browns on Sunday, but any other game that I want to watch from the comfort of my own home as opposed to spending the day away from home. Helps that my wife also is a football fan and enjoys watching all the games on Sundays.
-
Its worth it for me to be able to watch not only the Browns on Sunday, but any other game that I want to watch from the comfort of my own home as opposed to spending the day away from home. Helps that my wife also is a football fan and enjoys watching all the games on Sundays.
Its worth it for me to be able to watch not only the Browns on Sunday, but any other game that I want to watch from the comfort of my own home as opposed to spending the day away from home. Helps that my wife also is a football fan and enjoys watching all the games on Sundays.
Good lord. My wife absolutely hates it.
-
I just canceled mine. Part of it is the money, most of it is I can watch the Browns suck streaming on my computer for free until week 7 when the season is over.
I just canceled mine. Part of it is the money, most of it is I can watch the Browns suck streaming on my computer for free until week 7 when the season is over.
How do you do that? Please share the info.
-
I've decided that if the Browns continue with these kinds of stats throughout preseason http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400874764 , then I will call up direct tv and demand they pay me to take Sunday Ticket rather than the other way around.

Time of possession 20:16? Are you kiddin' me? I thought this was a 60 min. game.
-
I got the Sunday ticket and the "Max" upgrade for 6 payments of $40 ($240). I didn't have the energy to argue any more and I could feel myself getting very angry. I'll be calling back in a couple weeks to get it knocked down a few more bucks. I'm just tired of this nonsense, but whatever. It's a lot of money, but I absolutely love my Sundays...and I just got a 4k tv, so I get to see us suck very clearly, LOL.
-
Can you guys on here, share where you stream the Browns game. I'm out on the Left Coast and don't really want to get "The Ticket". And the nearest Browns Backer bar is about 2 hours away in San Fran.
Can you guys on here, share where you stream the Browns game. I'm out on the Left Coast and don't really want to get "The Ticket". And the nearest Browns Backer bar is about 2 hours away in San Fran.
I have now found a Browns Backer Bar very near to my house. I don't drink alcohol and drive, but I'm sure they would sell me a coke or two.
Dog House Drinkery Dog Park3800 CR 175Leander TX 78641 -
Can you guys on here, share where you stream the Browns game. I'm out on the Left Coast and don't really want to get "The Ticket". And the nearest Browns Backer bar is about 2 hours away in San Fran.
I have now found a Browns Backer Bar very near to my house. I don't drink alcohol and drive, but I'm sure they would sell me a coke or two.
Dog House Drinkery Dog Park3800 CR 175Leander TX 78641I have now found a Browns Backer Bar very near to my house. I don't drink alcohol and drive, but I'm sure they would sell me a coke or two.
Dog House Drinkery Dog Park3800 CR 175Leander TX 78641Just north of Austin, no?
-
I have now found a Browns Backer Bar very near to my house. I don't drink alcohol and drive, but I'm sure they would sell me a coke or two.
Dog House Drinkery Dog Park3800 CR 175Leander TX 78641Just north of Austin, no?
Just north of Austin, no?
Yes it is. I live about 10 miles from that location.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login