Skip to content

The 2016 "Sunday Ticket" Deal Thread

The Browns Board
61 21 2.7k
  • Can you guys on here, share where you stream the Browns game. I'm out on the Left Coast and don't really want to get "The Ticket". And the nearest Browns Backer bar is about 2 hours away in San Fran.

  • Can you guys on here, share where you stream the Browns game. I'm out on the Left Coast and don't really want to get "The Ticket". And the nearest Browns Backer bar is about 2 hours away in San Fran.

    @5150k9 said:

    Can you guys on here, share where you stream the Browns game. I'm out on the Left Coast and don't really want to get "The Ticket". And the nearest Browns Backer bar is about 2 hours away in San Fran.

    I have now found a Browns Backer Bar very near to my house. I don't drink alcohol and drive, but I'm sure they would sell me a coke or two.

    Dog House Drinkery Dog Park
    3800 CR 175
    Leander TX 78641
  • @5150k9 said:

    Can you guys on here, share where you stream the Browns game. I'm out on the Left Coast and don't really want to get "The Ticket". And the nearest Browns Backer bar is about 2 hours away in San Fran.

    I have now found a Browns Backer Bar very near to my house. I don't drink alcohol and drive, but I'm sure they would sell me a coke or two.

    Dog House Drinkery Dog Park
    3800 CR 175
    Leander TX 78641

    @texasag1969 said:

    I have now found a Browns Backer Bar very near to my house. I don't drink alcohol and drive, but I'm sure they would sell me a coke or two.

    Dog House Drinkery Dog Park
    3800 CR 175
    Leander TX 78641

    Just north of Austin, no?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I have now found a Browns Backer Bar very near to my house. I don't drink alcohol and drive, but I'm sure they would sell me a coke or two.

    Dog House Drinkery Dog Park
    3800 CR 175
    Leander TX 78641

    Just north of Austin, no?

    @the-gipper said:

    Just north of Austin, no?

    Yes it is. I live about 10 miles from that location.

  • Where I live I have to stream most of the Browns games, Now when you do stream you do open ur network up to being attacked but nothing to bad because I been doing it for 3 years from the same lap top but the VIPBOX or STREAM2WATCH work fine if you know how to close out the adds, (has to be in order) But now just this year I use REDDIT and it will bring up a list of streams with the best on top and now on REDDIT people are putting up You tube streams, so what your best bet is to Google "NFL streams reddit"

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I have now found a Browns Backer Bar very near to my house. I don't drink alcohol and drive, but I'm sure they would sell me a coke or two.

    Dog House Drinkery Dog Park
    3800 CR 175
    Leander TX 78641

    Just north of Austin, no?

    @the-gipper said:

    Just north of Austin, no?

    You think they'd mind if I showed up with my #2 jersey on. LOL! 😆

    Maybe If I used a magic marker crossing out "MANZIEL" and putting in my "write in" candidate for the Browns "D. HENRY" 😁

    They both share a Heisman and a #2.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Just north of Austin, no?

    You think they'd mind if I showed up with my #2 jersey on. LOL! 😆

    Maybe If I used a magic marker crossing out "MANZIEL" and putting in my "write in" candidate for the Browns "D. HENRY" 😁

    They both share a Heisman and a #2.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You think they'd mind if I showed up with my #2 jersey on. LOL! 😆

    You are more likely to get shit for that from Longhorn fans than from Browns fans.

    Maybe If I used a magic marker crossing out "MANZIEL" and putting in my "write in" candidate for the Browns "D. HENRY" 😁

    They both share a Heisman and a #2.

    And they don't bogart their joints, my friend, do they?

  • I'm just curious.. Does T/warner carry NFL network yet?.. Im moving next month..and Im looking at various internet/tv packages

  • Ok-new deal for old customers with direct TV. Add HBO/Cinemax for 3 months @ $15/month and you get free Sunday Ticket Max (not just regular) for free. You can cancel HBO/Cinemax at the end of the 3 months and keep the Sunday Ticket Max for free.

    Now that's the deal I was waiting for.

  • For those that just got hit with the extra $45 on this month's bill:

    Just called and got on the line with a Bengals fan of all people. Hemmed and hawwed about how my bill was more than I'm used to and it's a little rich for my cost and he said hold on, let me see what I can do.

    First off, I'm not on a contract. I'm year 3 of my original 2 year plan so I'm just month to month at this point. He came back and offered a $50/month credit for 12 months ($600 value) plus a guaranteed discounted (maybe free) Sunday Ticket next year if I agreed to re-up for a 1 year contract. So if you are not under contract but know you want DirecTV for the next year, that's a killer deal.

    Good luck!

  • I got the Sunday ticket and the "Max" upgrade for 6 payments of $40 ($240). I didn't have the energy to argue any more and I could feel myself getting very angry. I'll be calling back in a couple weeks to get it knocked down a few more bucks. I'm just tired of this nonsense, but whatever. It's a lot of money, but I absolutely love my Sundays...and I just got a 4k tv, so I get to see us suck very clearly, LOL.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I got the Sunday ticket and the "Max" upgrade for 6 payments of $40 ($240). I didn't have the energy to argue any more and I could feel myself getting very angry. I'll be calling back in a couple weeks to get it knocked down a few more bucks. I'm just tired of this nonsense, but whatever. It's a lot of money, but I absolutely love my Sundays...and I just got a 4k tv, so I get to see us suck very clearly, LOL.

    Oh I just found out the Short Cuts on ST Max aren't on the receiver anymore. 😡 I'm online now with a rep- it "only" took them 20 minutes to figure it out how to stream it. Yeah- I want to watch it on a computer screen or smartphone, instead of the 55" in the Man Cave. NOT!!!

  • I feel your pain...

    DTV had a major glitch yesterday. Local affiliates picked up both the Browns (CBS) and Texans (FOX). As a result the 700 series Sunday ticket channels for both those games were "blacked out", which is normal.

    What was not normal was that the local channels (which I get thru DTV) were also "blacked out". Only could follow our game as one of the tiny sections of the 8-game mix channel 702.

    Missed the entire first half of our game speaking first to a dweeb who only wanted to read to me from the DTV book until he finally dropped my call attempting to transfer me to Tech Support. Called back and got thru to Tech support with a dude who actually knew what he was doing and remotely "reprogrammed" my receiver.

    Can't say I enjoyed the 2nd half, but I did get to watch it.

  • I feel your pain...

    DTV had a major glitch yesterday. Local affiliates picked up both the Browns (CBS) and Texans (FOX). As a result the 700 series Sunday ticket channels for both those games were "blacked out", which is normal.

    What was not normal was that the local channels (which I get thru DTV) were also "blacked out". Only could follow our game as one of the tiny sections of the 8-game mix channel 702.

    Missed the entire first half of our game speaking first to a dweeb who only wanted to read to me from the DTV book until he finally dropped my call attempting to transfer me to Tech Support. Called back and got thru to Tech support with a dude who actually knew what he was doing and remotely "reprogrammed" my receiver.

    Can't say I enjoyed the 2nd half, but I did get to watch it.

    @tour2ma said:

    I feel your pain...

    DTV had a major glitch yesterday. Local affiliates picked up both the Browns (CBS) and Texans (FOX). As a result the 700 series Sunday ticket channels for both those games were "blacked out", which is normal.

    What was not normal was that the local channels (which I get thru DTV) were also "blacked out". Only could follow our game as one of the tiny sections of the 8-game mix channel 702.

    Missed the entire first half of our game speaking first to a dweeb who only wanted to read to me from the DTV book until he finally dropped my call attempting to transfer me to Tech Support. Called back and got thru to Tech support with a dude who actually knew what he was doing and remotely "reprogrammed" my receiver.

    Can't say I enjoyed the 2nd half, but I did get to watch it.

    Yeah- after further research- Direct pulled Short Cuts off of DVR service and made it app only- without any notice. To say I'm POed would be an understatement. It's the sole reason I went with the Max package. They're going to get a pretty nasty call in the AM.

    This is typical of the sort of s**t I'm accustomed to when AT&T takes over a company- and proceeds to ruin it. Only a matter of time until they ruin Direct.

  • I think I have a solve.... slingtv

    you can try it free for a week and add as many sports channels as you want.

    its legit, check it out.

  • Just crazy I had that online chat with them at 0800 this morning and they had a deal.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Just crazy I had that online chat with them at 0800 this morning and they had a deal.

    I do this type of conversation with Sirius annually. I get a deal every year. You have to shop for the right CSR. If you get nowhere hang up and call back. You will always find one who fees like the defender of the people instead of an agent of the company 😉
  • I got a letter from AT&T a couple weeks ago stating, "Because you're a long time, loyal AT&T subscriber...yada-yada...we're offering you NFL Sunday Ticket Max for $99." So I've been watching since Kessler got the starting job. No-more-stop-action-streaming.