Skip to content

Bosa

The Browns Board
147 35 4.9k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That's true but what should Bosa REALLY have to negotiate for? He wants what everyone else has gotten - nothing more, nothing less.

    He's 21 years old, say he sits out this entire year and gets redrafted next year. He'd still likely get at least 10 years out of his career. Personally, I'd rather 10 years with a franchise I wanted to play for than 11 years with a franchise that is just a pile of shit garbage.

    But it's not like he's not getting all of that money. It's 400k in interest....you'd seriously throw away one year of your career over essentially pocket change when you're getting 14 million? And you won't get that same signing bonus next year. Sit out a year and he's not going in the top 3 in next years draft.

    @mark-o said:

    But it's not like he's not getting all of that money. It's 400k in interest....you'd seriously throw away one year of your career over essentially pocket change when you're getting 14 million? And you won't get that same signing bonus next year. Sit out a year and he's not going in the top 3 in next years draft.

    I think it is also over the issue of offset language, is it not?

  • Either or, Gip...

    Both boil down to guaranteed amount.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That's true but what should Bosa REALLY have to negotiate for? He wants what everyone else has gotten - nothing more, nothing less.

    He's 21 years old, say he sits out this entire year and gets redrafted next year. He'd still likely get at least 10 years out of his career. Personally, I'd rather 10 years with a franchise I wanted to play for than 11 years with a franchise that is just a pile of shit garbage.

    But it's not like he's not getting all of that money. It's 400k in interest....you'd seriously throw away one year of your career over essentially pocket change when you're getting 14 million? And you won't get that same signing bonus next year. Sit out a year and he's not going in the top 3 in next years draft.

    @mark-o said:

    But it's not like he's not getting all of that money. It's 400k in interest....you'd seriously throw away one year of your career over essentially pocket change when you're getting 14 million? And you won't get that same signing bonus next year. Sit out a year and he's not going in the top 3 in next years draft.

    To me, its no longer about money. It's principle. Your employer is trying to lowball you from the moment you walk in the door - why would you stay there? There's 31 other employers that you can work for. Take your year, keep working out, and go to a different employer.

    Plus I fucking hate the Chargers.

  • @mark-o said:

    But it's not like he's not getting all of that money. It's 400k in interest....you'd seriously throw away one year of your career over essentially pocket change when you're getting 14 million? And you won't get that same signing bonus next year. Sit out a year and he's not going in the top 3 in next years draft.

    To me, its no longer about money. It's principle. Your employer is trying to lowball you from the moment you walk in the door - why would you stay there? There's 31 other employers that you can work for. Take your year, keep working out, and go to a different employer.

    Plus I fucking hate the Chargers.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    To me, its no longer about money. It's principle. Your employer is trying to lowball you from the moment you walk in the door - why would you stay there? There's 31 other employers that you can work for. Take your year, keep working out, and go to a different employer.

    Plus I fucking hate the Chargers.

    ^^^this

  • Bosa really isnt in the wrong here when u look into this. We'll see how the year goes but if our olb'ers dont work out why not take a look at bosa if he re enters the draft?

  • @mark-o said:

    But it's not like he's not getting all of that money. It's 400k in interest....you'd seriously throw away one year of your career over essentially pocket change when you're getting 14 million? And you won't get that same signing bonus next year. Sit out a year and he's not going in the top 3 in next years draft.

    To me, its no longer about money. It's principle. Your employer is trying to lowball you from the moment you walk in the door - why would you stay there? There's 31 other employers that you can work for. Take your year, keep working out, and go to a different employer.

    Plus I fucking hate the Chargers.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    To me, its no longer about money. It's principle. Your employer is trying to lowball you from the moment you walk in the door - why would you stay there? There's 31 other employers that you can work for. Take your year, keep working out, and go to a different employer.

    Agree...

    What does the likely crop of edge rushers look like for 2017? Will Joey's draft status actually be hurt that much?

  • @mark-o said:

    But it's not like he's not getting all of that money. It's 400k in interest....you'd seriously throw away one year of your career over essentially pocket change when you're getting 14 million? And you won't get that same signing bonus next year. Sit out a year and he's not going in the top 3 in next years draft.

    To me, its no longer about money. It's principle. Your employer is trying to lowball you from the moment you walk in the door - why would you stay there? There's 31 other employers that you can work for. Take your year, keep working out, and go to a different employer.

    Plus I fucking hate the Chargers.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    To me, its no longer about money. It's principle. Your employer is trying to lowball you from the moment you walk in the door - why would you stay there? There's 31 other employers that you can work for. Take your year, keep working out, and go to a different employer.

    Plus I fucking hate the Chargers.

    I always kind of like the Chargers....and I certainly don't want to see them move from SD.

    But they do have the reputation as a chintzy, disputatious organization. That is why Eli...and his dad, wanted nothing to do with them.

  • he wants everything up front cuz he knows either

    1): he's gonna lay down or 2): he's gonna bust worse that mandarich.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    To me, its no longer about money. It's principle. Your employer is trying to lowball you from the moment you walk in the door - why would you stay there? There's 31 other employers that you can work for. Take your year, keep working out, and go to a different employer.

    Agree...

    What does the likely crop of edge rushers look like for 2017? Will Joey's draft status actually be hurt that much?

    @tour2ma said:

    What does the likely crop of edge rushers look like for 2017? Will Joey's draft status actually be hurt that much?

    After scanning a couple sites, it looks like TAMU's Miles Garrett is about it for the consensus 1st round as of now.

    PFF does additionally mention a Tennessee kid, Derek Barnett.

    Rivals mentions both and adds a couple more... in one of the more confusingly laid out articles I've seen in a long time.

  • he wants everything up front cuz he knows either

    1): he's gonna lay down or 2): he's gonna bust worse that mandarich.

    @miktoxic said:

    he wants everything up front cuz he knows either

    1): he's gonna lay down or 2): he's gonna bust worse that mandarich.

    U watched ohio st play while he was there right? So you saw that he didnt rely solely on his strength to get to the qb, right? Could you give the kid some credit for having an advanced skillset that was considered nfl quality before he even declared? I mean we just cut a guy that we made millions to for 4 years that doesnt have a fraction of bosa's pass rush toolset.

  • @tour2ma said:

    What does the likely crop of edge rushers look like for 2017? Will Joey's draft status actually be hurt that much?

    After scanning a couple sites, it looks like TAMU's Miles Garrett is about it for the consensus 1st round as of now.

    PFF does additionally mention a Tennessee kid, Derek Barnett.

    Rivals mentions both and adds a couple more... in one of the more confusingly laid out articles I've seen in a long time.

    @tour2ma said:

    After scanning a couple sites, it looks like TAMU's Miles Garrett is about it for the consensus 1st round as of now.

    PFF does additionally mention a Tennessee kid, Derek Barnett.

    Rivals mentions both and adds a couple more... in one of the more confusingly laid out articles I've seen in a long time.

    He's the only one I know of right now. I figured I'd give it at least two weeks into the NFL regular season before I started getting excited for the draft. What can I say...Hue and RG3 are making me a little more optimistic than years past.

  • He has signed his deal

  • signed

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joey-bosa-ends-ugly-stalemate-with-chargers-signs-four-year-deal/

    Maybe now the thread should be closed.

    It seems that the Chargers got the offset language, but Bosa got the upfront bonus.

  • Damn, oh well

  • Maybe he had a little talk with Michael Crabtree.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Tell you what Gipper you can ride that train forever. If asshole behavior doesn't bother you that's your choice pal.

    He can hold out and wait for next year's draft for all I give a shit.

    I also don't give a shit if the Chargers pay him a king's ransom and he sucks.

    (or goes to the hall of fame for that matter)

    WSS

    We have had our share of assholes on the Browns, behaviorily. Honestly, as far as Browns players are concerned, I am only concerned that they play well.

    The better they play, the less of an asshole they are, fair to say?

    @the-gipper said:

    We have had our share of assholes on the Browns, behaviorily. Honestly, as far as Browns players are concerned, I am only concerned that they play well.

    The better they play, the less of an asshole they are, fair to say?

    Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.

    Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.

    Like my boy Brady Quinn.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    We have had our share of assholes on the Browns, behaviorily. Honestly, as far as Browns players are concerned, I am only concerned that they play well.

    The better they play, the less of an asshole they are, fair to say?

    Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.

    Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.

    Like my boy Brady Quinn.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.

    Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.

    Like my boy Brady Quinn.

    WSS

    If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.

    Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).

    And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.

    So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.

    I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)

  • @westside-steve said:

    Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.

    Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.

    Like my boy Brady Quinn.

    WSS

    If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.

    Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).

    And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.

    So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.

    I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)

    @the-gipper said:

    If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.

    Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).

    And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.

    So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.

    I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)

    I think you're severely overestimating the percentage of people who believe Bosa will be worth the #3 pick.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.

    Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.

    Like my boy Brady Quinn.

    WSS

    If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.

    Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).

    And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.

    So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.

    I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it.

    For some reason the term "hedge fund" springs to mind.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.

    Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).

    And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.

    So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.

    I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)

    I think you're severely overestimating the percentage of people who believe Bosa will be worth the #3 pick.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think you're severely overestimating the percentage of people who believe Bosa will be worth the #3 pick.

    You mean if he had gone back into the draft....where would he have landed next year?

    We don't have to find out.

    Besides....the answer to who thinks Bosa is worthy of being the #3 pick. Everyone....because he WAS the #3 pick.

    The question is not if he is worthy of the pick.....the question is will he live up to that pick.