Skip to content

Tribe puts up 14 in the 2nd

The Tribe Board
32 11 2.1k
  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    They did well. In a round robin type tourney they went 4-0 for the weekend. Beat two teams from Illinois, Youngstown Ursaline and Loudonville.

    In the first poll her high school team is ranked #1 in the state in Div. III.

    Thanks for asking Bean. That was nice. Here is a pic of her. I couldn't be more proud.

    She's a switch hitting centerfielder. Bats in the two hole.

    C70.jpg

    Enjoy this while you can Crow ... Blink your eyes and it's over

    Best of luck to her this season

    GO TRIBE - They scored more touchdowns in one inning than the Brownies did in six games

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @brownb499 said:

    GO TRIBE - They scored more touchdowns in one inning than the Brownies did in six games

    LMAO

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #22

    this was awesome and i hope to god they roll them again today. go tribe

  • this was awesome and i hope to god they roll them again today. go tribe

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    this was awesome and i hope to god they roll them again today. go tribe

    That would be sweet to see Pavano get back on track and beat the Yankee's. He did talk shit about them after signing with the Indians. But he's going up against Burnett, he has a .90 WHIP. We'll see?

  • @beanpot said:

    BTW, how'd your daughter do in the tourney?

    Beanpot

    They did well. In a round robin type tourney they went 4-0 for the weekend. Beat two teams from Illinois, Youngstown Ursaline and Loudonville.

    In the first poll her high school team is ranked #1 in the state in Div. III.

    Thanks for asking Bean. That was nice. Here is a pic of her. I couldn't be more proud.

    She's a switch hitting centerfielder. Bats in the two hole.

    C70.jpg

    B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    They did well. In a round robin type tourney they went 4-0 for the weekend. Beat two teams from Illinois, Youngstown Ursaline and Loudonville.

    In the first poll her high school team is ranked #1 in the state in Div. III.

    Thanks for asking Bean. That was nice. Here is a pic of her. I couldn't be more proud.

    She's a switch hitting centerfielder. Bats in the two hole.

    C70.jpg

    So very cool! Do us a favor and keep us updated on her season if you wouldn't mind. Stan, the guy who built this place, is very into high school sports (me too!) and it's always great to have a rooting interest.

    Thanks again for sharing.

    Beanpot

  • Living in Rangerville too long has me pretty accustomed to this. At least it let me focus on the Cavs (I hate not being there for a Cleveland title run) and being that it was in the new stadium was definitely sweet. But I don't think the bats needed a spark. They were slumping and had some tough breaks with RISP, but this still should be one of the best offenses in the league. The season still comes down to Lee, Fausto and one of the bottom three playing some good, reliable baseball. Luckily, it's starting to look like they can do it.

    Toss in the fact that playoff hockey is in full swing and this day has been nothing short of fantastic.

    Glad to hear it, I swear this is the best hockey's been since Gretzky retired. The lockout couldn't have had worse timing, I think Crosby, Ovechkin and the like are doing to the league what the 2003 draft class did to the NBA...now people just have to care.

    B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @cimo. said:

    Glad to hear it, I swear this is the best hockey's been since Gretzky retired. The lockout couldn't have had worse timing, I think Crosby, Ovechkin and the like are doing to the league what the 2003 draft class did to the NBA...now people just have to care.

    I couldn't agree more and the 2003 NBA draft is a perfect comparison. So much young talent in the game now and it really does come down to getting people to care about it. Here in Tampa, people cared quite a bit before the lockout. Many were event fans rather than hockey fans but they cared. Now, not so much.

    Beanpot

  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    They did well. In a round robin type tourney they went 4-0 for the weekend. Beat two teams from Illinois, Youngstown Ursaline and Loudonville.

    In the first poll her high school team is ranked #1 in the state in Div. III.

    Thanks for asking Bean. That was nice. Here is a pic of her. I couldn't be more proud.

    She's a switch hitting centerfielder. Bats in the two hole.

    C70.jpg

    So very cool! Do us a favor and keep us updated on her season if you wouldn't mind. Stan, the guy who built this place, is very into high school sports (me too!) and it's always great to have a rooting interest.

    Thanks again for sharing.

    Beanpot

    Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @beanpot said:

    So very cool! Do us a favor and keep us updated on her season if you wouldn't mind. Stan, the guy who built this place, is very into high school sports (me too!) and it's always great to have a rooting interest.

    Thanks again for sharing.

    Beanpot

    I will do that....I'm really humbled that you'd ask or care.

  • Living in Rangerville too long has me pretty accustomed to this. At least it let me focus on the Cavs (I hate not being there for a Cleveland title run) and being that it was in the new stadium was definitely sweet. But I don't think the bats needed a spark. They were slumping and had some tough breaks with RISP, but this still should be one of the best offenses in the league. The season still comes down to Lee, Fausto and one of the bottom three playing some good, reliable baseball. Luckily, it's starting to look like they can do it.

    Toss in the fact that playoff hockey is in full swing and this day has been nothing short of fantastic.

    Glad to hear it, I swear this is the best hockey's been since Gretzky retired. The lockout couldn't have had worse timing, I think Crosby, Ovechkin and the like are doing to the league what the 2003 draft class did to the NBA...now people just have to care.

    B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @cimo. said:

    Glad to hear it, I swear this is the best hockey's been since Gretzky retired. The lockout couldn't have had worse timing, I think Crosby, Ovechkin and the like are doing to the league what the 2003 draft class did to the NBA...now people just have to care.

    Terrific game seven in Washington. I was listening to the Caps feed on the way home and the announcers continually talked about the shot total after two periods. Unreal that there were only two lead changes in that entire series. Now on to period three in New Jersey!

    Beanpot

  • C CIMO. wrote on last edited by
    #28

    So glad the Capitals pulled that one out, what an exciting team. Semin or Green alone would make just about any team worth watching, but putting them on the same team as the most captivating athlete since Jordan...I love it, the rest of that team isn't half bad either. I'm hoping for a Detroit-Washington finals.

  • B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #29

    And on to planet Stahl. We're simply living on it.

    Beanpot

  • C CIMO. wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Poor Marty. What a finish.

  • B Beanpot wrote on last edited by Beanpot
    #31

    Jesus, this has been everything you could possibly hope for and more. I'm pulling for the B's just cuz. The whole "original 6" thing and I think they're the better team. Plus I've got a soft spot for Hartford.

    Also hoping the Wings close things out tonight or in game 7.

    As for game sevens, holy crap is tomorrow night going to be delicious. I was listening to some sort of sports radio this morning and the host (may well have been Patrick) mentioned that for all of the national love given to the Celtics/Bulls series, the Pens/Caps series has been even better. A-freaking-men to that.

    My loyalties for the final four, whomever they may be, remain with the greatest sweater in the history of sports - the wonderful creation of Irene Castle and everyone wearing the Indian head.

    Beanpot

  • B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #32

    B's did their part. Game seven in Boston - holy decibels!

    Beanpot