Skip to content

TSN LOVES Alex Mack

The Browns Board
11 8 1.1k
  • TSN ranks Alex Mack as the #1 Center of this draft and projected for round 1.

    SKILL SET

    BEST INTANGIBLES

    Alex Mack - CaliforniaMack is actually the best in all of these categories (best intangibles, best run-blocker & best pass blocker), standing head and shoulders above the class; his quickness and excellent blocking technique are superior.

    More:

    "At the Senior Bowl, Mack was dominant and showed why he has a real shot at being a first round pick. While this year's class of Ceters is deep, there is a significant drop-off between Mack and the rest of the group."

    In Lindy's Draft Guide he's the 2nd ranked Center but hailed as the Prototype for run blocking with this written about him: "Big enough for a potential move to guard. Mack likes to get under the pads of his man, put him on the ground and look for the next defender to hit."

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    While Fraley was scrappy and gave it a valiant effort, let's face it - Philly upgraded him 3 years ago. Maybe I'm being a HOMER but we couldn't have problem solved this position any better than getting the #1 guy.

    - Tom F.

  • You know, I like O-line.

    In the last two years, we've drafted Thomas, signed Steinbach, and now Mack in the middle.

    It'll help Quinn, thus it'll help BE and the new guys, and Jamal should have a better year with this line.

  • You know, I like O-line.

    In the last two years, we've drafted Thomas, signed Steinbach, and now Mack in the middle.

    It'll help Quinn, thus it'll help BE and the new guys, and Jamal should have a better year with this line.

    @oconrecon said:

    You know, I like O-line.

    In the last two years, we've drafted Thomas, signed Steinbach, and now Mack in the middle.

    It'll help Quinn, thus it'll help BE and the new guys, and Jamal should have a better year with this line.

    and the stole him from the Steelers. Mack and Wood were both gone when Pitts. went to pick. The kid is a beast and can play guard. He will be able to handle those NTs in our division.

  • You know, I like O-line.

    In the last two years, we've drafted Thomas, signed Steinbach, and now Mack in the middle.

    It'll help Quinn, thus it'll help BE and the new guys, and Jamal should have a better year with this line.

    @oconrecon said:

    You know, I like O-line.

    In the last two years, we've drafted Thomas, signed Steinbach, and now Mack in the middle.

    It'll help Quinn, thus it'll help BE and the new guys, and Jamal should have a better year with this line.

    Good point! It also sets up the following players competing for 2 starting spots on the Right side:

    Tucker, St Clair, Hadnot, Womack and possibly even Fraley.

    I LIKE the Jets players we got in exchange for the trade with NY. We got 2 proven players with starting experience and a backup QB as we added another pick. You could sense Sanchez was going to be the trigger point of a nice trade for somebody in this draft. Understanding we had holes to fill across the board, this REALLY worked out well for us.

    Mack won the Draddy Award, which is college football's academic version of the Heisman Trophy. Since your Center is usually responsible for all the oline calls - you want that kind of intelligence at that position.

    We needed WRs and landed 2 in the 2nd round. We also got a pass rusher so they We head into day 2 with 4 more picks.

    - Tom F.

  • TSN ranks Alex Mack as the #1 Center of this draft and projected for round 1.

    SKILL SET

    BEST INTANGIBLES

    Alex Mack - CaliforniaMack is actually the best in all of these categories (best intangibles, best run-blocker & best pass blocker), standing head and shoulders above the class; his quickness and excellent blocking technique are superior.

    More:

    "At the Senior Bowl, Mack was dominant and showed why he has a real shot at being a first round pick. While this year's class of Ceters is deep, there is a significant drop-off between Mack and the rest of the group."

    In Lindy's Draft Guide he's the 2nd ranked Center but hailed as the Prototype for run blocking with this written about him: "Big enough for a potential move to guard. Mack likes to get under the pads of his man, put him on the ground and look for the next defender to hit."

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    While Fraley was scrappy and gave it a valiant effort, let's face it - Philly upgraded him 3 years ago. Maybe I'm being a HOMER but we couldn't have problem solved this position any better than getting the #1 guy.

    - Tom F.

    @flugel said:

    TSN ranks Alex Mack as the #1 Center of this draft and projected for round 1.

    SKILL SET

    BEST INTANGIBLES

    Alex Mack - CaliforniaMack is actually the best in all of these categories (best intangibles, best run-blocker & best pass blocker), standing head and shoulders above the class; his quickness and excellent blocking technique are superior.

    More:

    "At the Senior Bowl, Mack was dominant and showed why he has a real shot at being a first round pick. While this year's class of Ceters is deep, there is a significant drop-off between Mack and the rest of the group."

    In Lindy's Draft Guide he's the 2nd ranked Center but hailed as the Prototype for run blocking with this written about him: "Big enough for a potential move to guard. Mack likes to get under the pads of his man, put him on the ground and look for the next defender to hit."

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    While Fraley was scrappy and gave it a valiant effort, let's face it - Philly upgraded him 3 years ago. Maybe I'm being a HOMER but we couldn't have problem solved this position any better than getting the #1 guy.

    - Tom F.

    I think they realized they needed to upgrade the position and knew that Wood and Mack might be gone at #36. So, I think they made a super pick. The guy is a stud and I don't care what big name was still on the board.

  • I wanted Mac or Woods because Hank was just getting manhandled out there. Center was a hole, Hadnot simply wasnot and it was a great pickup.

    We walked away with the top rated center in the draft and 2 new targets for the starting qb (and if anyone starts screaming DA I'm going to laugh my ass off on this one).

    I'm still a little queezy about the right side but I can live with it.

  • I wanted Mac or Woods because Hank was just getting manhandled out there. Center was a hole, Hadnot simply wasnot and it was a great pickup.

    We walked away with the top rated center in the draft and 2 new targets for the starting qb (and if anyone starts screaming DA I'm going to laugh my ass off on this one).

    I'm still a little queezy about the right side but I can live with it.

    @tobalaz said:

    I wanted Mac or Woods because Hank was just getting manhandled out there. Center was a hole, Hadnot simply wasnot and it was a great pickup.

    We walked away with the top rated center in the draft and 2 new targets for the starting qb (and if anyone starts screaming DA I'm going to laugh my ass off on this one).

    I'm still a little queezy about the right side but I can live with it.

    Plus a starting Safety and a DE

  • I like the pick but it needs a complement. Not much reason for a run blocking mauler if you have no run game. If we get a new running back to put behind him, I'll feel much better. Massaquoi just didn't make sense.

  • I like the pick but it needs a complement. Not much reason for a run blocking mauler if you have no run game. If we get a new running back to put behind him, I'll feel much better. Massaquoi just didn't make sense.

    @cimo. said:

    I like the pick but it needs a complement. Not much reason for a run blocking mauler if you have no run game. If we get a new running back to put behind him, I'll feel much better. Massaquoi just didn't make sense.

    I agree, but it is a 2 way street. Pretty average backs can look pretty darn good with big holes to run through.

    We still have today...we may still be able to get some fresh legs if you don't think the guys we have can run through a gap.

  • tough day for a good guy in Hank. But this will help DA and Jamal get back on track. Can't fault the pick.

  • tough day for a good guy in Hank. But this will help DA and Jamal get back on track. Can't fault the pick.

    @lumbergh said:

    tough day for a good guy in Hank. But this will help DA and Jamal get back on track. Can't fault the pick.

    DA? Did we get a running back? or are you talking about the backup QB?