Skip to content

Where to start.....

The Browns Board
127 28 3.8k
  • Wow Mud, weren't you on my case last year when I started pointing out how putrid this team was?

    I didn't think it possible, but this version is even worse.

    Of course, when you let what little talent you had walk (C, RG, S, etc.), then it's to be expected.

    Could only stomach a half last night (they actually showed it here), saw some shots where Hue looked Pissed, and like WTF was he doing here.

    Yeah, Koolaids long gone . . . I think they're keeping for themselves this year, they're going to need it.

    @jafbf said:

    Wow Mud, weren't you on my case last year when I started pointing out how putrid this team was?

    I didn't think it possible, but this version is even worse.

    You ain't seen nothing yet.
  • I think for one it's absolutely pathetic that Jimmy thinks he can pay as little as possible and get superbowl quality talent. We did have the #2 pick and we utterly fucked it up. We traded down to 15 and took coleman, but honestly do you think he's an AJ green or Beckham? He might pan out to be a legit WR2, but christ, what about our Oline..... Meanwhile indy snags ryan kelly, and we have cam erving. Not saying Cam can't turn into a great player eventually, but our QB will get killed this season. Let's give Hue 7 years, at that point do you think we'll have a superbowl quality team? Jimmy wants to pay as little as possible and make as much money as possible. It's good to be optimistic about Hue, but he's proved JACK shit to us so far, so lets not put all of our blind faith in him. And what about our quality of players compared to lets say the Seahawks two years ago.... They're in a different fucking world. We're like Grambling State vs. an NFL team if we played them with what we have. Especially without Gordon, our shitty Oline, and Horton back.

    I'm going to hope for the best but expect the worst.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Is one of those supposed to be a "Macro"??? Cause you know... two micros do not a macro make.

    Just for the record... define "some".

    More than 3 🙂

    @one-post said:

    More than 3 🙂

    Vegas has the over/under for the season at 4.5 so I guess that "more than 3" makes you just another negative Nancy. HA!! 😁

  • I'm surprised no one has said anything about how poor our punt coverage was, truly atrocious. It's like the left side needed no containment because maybe they will just run to our right for us. Amazing.

    This team reminds me of what Tampa Bay looked like its first seasons as a franchise. You know the one McKay talked about:

    "You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is 'no.'" -- on why coaching an expansion team is a religious experience

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm surprised no one has said anything about how poor our punt coverage was, truly atrocious. It's like the left side needed no containment because maybe they will just run to our right for us. Amazing.

    This team reminds me of what Tampa Bay looked like its first seasons as a franchise. You know the one McKay talked about:

    "You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is 'no.'" -- on why coaching an expansion team is a religious experience

    Funny you mentioned that, when I saw it live I just thought oh yeah high school football starts this week because that's how bad it looked.

    Hey young team, maybe they'll come around by week ____ . (pick a number)

    Oh didn't McKay say when asked about his team's execution that he was in favor of it?

    And the old Tampa Bay team is why we have better new team pool rules now.

    GO BROWNS, we still love ya'. 😉

  • @one-post said:

    More than 3 🙂

    Vegas has the over/under for the season at 4.5 so I guess that "more than 3" makes you just another negative Nancy. HA!! 😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Vegas has the over/under for the season at 4.5 so I guess that "more than 3" makes you just another negative Nancy. HA!! 😁

    Whatever. Lol! Trying to remain positive and I will. Can't believe you pussys get babyfied over a preseason game. Jeez
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Vegas has the over/under for the season at 4.5 so I guess that "more than 3" makes you just another negative Nancy. HA!! 😁

    Whatever. Lol! Trying to remain positive and I will. Can't believe you pussys get babyfied over a preseason game. Jeez

    "One said:

    Whatever. Lol! Trying to remain positive and I will. Can't believe you pussys get babyfied over a preseason game. Jeez

    Actually in the FWIW catagory they've lost 3 of 3 and in one they were slight favorites. Reason for some concern? We'll see soon enough.

  • "One said:

    Whatever. Lol! Trying to remain positive and I will. Can't believe you pussys get babyfied over a preseason game. Jeez

    Actually in the FWIW catagory they've lost 3 of 3 and in one they were slight favorites. Reason for some concern? We'll see soon enough.

    @mjp28 said:

    Actually in the FWIW catagory they've lost 3 of 3 and in one they were slight favorites. Reason for some concern? We'll see soon enough.

    I'm totally aware of you guys knowing more than I. But however it's only the preseason is my point. Plenty of teams have issues to iron out besides us.
  • @mjp28 said:

    Actually in the FWIW catagory they've lost 3 of 3 and in one they were slight favorites. Reason for some concern? We'll see soon enough.

    I'm totally aware of you guys knowing more than I. But however it's only the preseason is my point. Plenty of teams have issues to iron out besides us.

    "One said:

    I'm totally aware of you guys knowing more than I. But however it's only the preseason is my point. Plenty of teams have issues to iron out besides us.

    Actually everyone who watches any game is entitled to their own ideas on how their team looks.

    I like many of you have been watching the Browns and the NFL for a long time now and hope some good stuff comes from one of these draft classes, a few diamonds in the rough maybe? Anything?

    Another thing they do play preseason slightly different than many years ago, good luck you (we) fantasy league guys. One more play nobody week then it's for real.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm surprised no one has said anything about how poor our punt coverage was, truly atrocious. It's like the left side needed no containment because maybe they will just run to our right for us. Amazing.

    This team reminds me of what Tampa Bay looked like its first seasons as a franchise. You know the one McKay talked about:

    "You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is 'no.'" -- on why coaching an expansion team is a religious experience

    Funny you mentioned that, when I saw it live I just thought oh yeah high school football starts this week because that's how bad it looked.

    Hey young team, maybe they'll come around by week ____ . (pick a number)

    Oh didn't McKay say when asked about his team's execution that he was in favor of it?

    And the old Tampa Bay team is why we have better new team pool rules now.

    GO BROWNS, we still love ya'. 😉

    @mjp28 said:

    Funny you mentioned that, when I saw it live I just thought oh yeah high school football starts this week because that's how bad it looked.

    Hey young team, maybe they'll come around by week ____ . (pick a number)

    Oh didn't McKay say when asked about his team's execution that he was in favor of it?

    And the old Tampa Bay team is why we have better new team pool rules now.

    GO BROWNS, we still love ya'. 😉

    Funny you mentioned high school ball as I contemplated going to a HS game but instead talked myself into watching this shitshow we call the browns. Missed a really good game with that bad decision.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Funny you mentioned that, when I saw it live I just thought oh yeah high school football starts this week because that's how bad it looked.

    Hey young team, maybe they'll come around by week ____ . (pick a number)

    Oh didn't McKay say when asked about his team's execution that he was in favor of it?

    And the old Tampa Bay team is why we have better new team pool rules now.

    GO BROWNS, we still love ya'. 😉

    Funny you mentioned high school ball as I contemplated going to a HS game but instead talked myself into watching this shitshow we call the browns. Missed a really good game with that bad decision.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Funny you mentioned high school ball as I contemplated going to a HS game but instead talked myself into watching this shitshow we call the browns. Missed a really good game with that bad decision.

    Yeah my old high school team had a televised game vs an old rival....I chose the BROWNS and TRIBE, well the TRIBE won 12-1. (Two TVs, yeah I'm a sick bastard.)

    And the high school game was Postponed after one quarter and finished the next day. So you win some and lose some.

  • Well the Titans play the Raiders at 8pm est tonight on CBS regular tv, so we have a chance to see what two other bad teams of 2-3 years ago have been up to to change their fortunes. Should be quite educational to our FO if any Havaad grads there had a lick o' sense.

  • OH POOR DALLAS, Tony Romo out 8-10 weeks, see why you let starters sit....if you can.

    Thank goodness we draft tomorrow.

  • Mud right on the money. I love stockpiling draft picks to take Corey Coleman 15th. None of the WRs drafted look very good, for goodness sake Pryor is being touted as #2 after Gordon. The whole organization stinks but the seats will be filled and the jerseys will be purchased, rinse and repeat. I wish the NFL would just take the franchise over an appoint someone to run it like the NBA has done with the 76ers.

  • Well the Titans play the Raiders at 8pm est tonight on CBS regular tv, so we have a chance to see what two other bad teams of 2-3 years ago have been up to to change their fortunes. Should be quite educational to our FO if any Havaad grads there had a lick o' sense.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well the Titans play the Raiders at 8pm est tonight on CBS regular tv, so we have a chance to see what two other bad teams of 2-3 years ago have been up to to change their fortunes. Should be quite educational to our FO if any Havaad grads there had a lick o' sense.

    Raiders 8-8 this year

  • All Pettine and Oneil's fault. Give Hue at least until he is 12-36 to realize Lombardi couldn't win without talent in today's NFL.

  • Browns and Raiders will both be .500 or better, Titans will struggle.

    Z

  • Browns and Raiders will both be .500 or better, Titans will struggle.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Browns and Raiders will both be .500 or better, Titans will struggle.

    Z

    If they Browns win 8 or more games hell will have officially frozen over.

  • Zombo said:

    Browns and Raiders will both be .500 or better, Titans will struggle.

    Z

    If they Browns win 8 or more games hell will have officially frozen over.

    @baconhound said:

    If they Browns win 8 or more games hell will have officially frozen over.

    Have them throw some ice skates in your casket.

    Z

  • @mjp28 said:

    . Remember too how many fans wanted him gone, be careful what you wish for sometimes.

    I said this over and over and over again....last season....when EVERYONE was SCREAMING for a reset.....

    Now ....the wish has been granted.....

    @mudfly said:

    I said this over and over and over again....last season....when EVERYONE was SCREAMING for a reset.....

    Now ....the wish has been granted.....

    Yeah because they were on the cusp of something great last year right?

  • @mudfly said:

    I said this over and over and over again....last season....when EVERYONE was SCREAMING for a reset.....

    Now ....the wish has been granted.....

    Yeah because they were on the cusp of something great last year right?

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Yeah because they were on the cusp of something great last year right?

    Absolutely not but the problem wasn't coaching. All the "coach's fault" critics will be singing the same tune this year or will be dishonest with their critique because this Browns team is less talented than last, never thought that could happen.