Skip to content

Kokinis got schooled

The Browns Board
144 32 8.3k
  • @solon16 said:

    compared to what NE got...and the other trades...kokinis got schooled especially in regard to Sanchez trade...a second rounder and a saftey& two backups? The Rookie showed his colors today...we got a 6th for tampa movin up to 17...short changed...a 6th for phily movin up to 19....Ne gets a 5th for baltimore to move up to 23.... schooled!!!

    Would you rather have Maclin, Rey, (massaqua) and rashard johnson??/ i sure as hell would

    Solon, I agree with you 100%, We just got taken to school today, and this leads me to believe that Mangini is running everything with this team and Kokinis is just a figurehead..

    Our biggest need was pass rusher and we got none, we needed a running back and we got none, a center and 2 wide receivers and a converted DE is not what I would have expected.

    Tell me how many 2nd day picks make NFL rosters or any type of impact, we got a bunch of 6th round picks....whoooooooooo, if we are expected to build this team into a winner with a bunch of 2nd day picks we are in BIG TROUBLE

    For the people who think we were smart to pass on Rey, just remember when Rey is playing in the Pro bowl what we could have had

    This team still has no identity on defense, we have no linebackers who you can say are better than average, and don't tell me about all the tackles D'Qwell makes, the playmakers in a 3-4 are the LB's and who do we have at linebacker, Wimbley=BUST, Old Man Barton, Unproven=Hall.

    This draft was TERRIBLE

    @sony-reed said:

    Solon, I agree with you 100%, We just got taken to school today, and this leads me to believe that Mangini is running everything with this team and Kokinis is just a figurehead..

    Our biggest need was pass rusher and we got none, we needed a running back and we got none, a center and 2 wide receivers and a converted DE is not what I would have expected.

    Tell me how many 2nd day picks make NFL rosters or any type of impact, we got a bunch of 6th round picks....whoooooooooo, if we are expected to build this team into a winner with a bunch of 2nd day picks we are in BIG TROUBLE

    For the people who think we were smart to pass on Rey, just remember when Rey is playing in the Pro bowl what we could have had

    This team still has no identity on defense, we have no linebackers who you can say are better than average, and don't tell me about all the tackles D'Qwell makes, the playmakers in a 3-4 are the LB's and who do we have at linebacker, Wimbley=BUST, Old Man Barton, Unproven=Hall.

    This draft was TERRIBLE

    Terrible!!!

  • @ballpeen said:

    Some people have tunnel vision and can't or refuse to see outside the box.

    I think some people get ticked when the professional evaluators view players and needs differently then they do.

    Rey is a good example. All year long people bought in to the hype and envisioned the next Ray Lewis, yet when the rubber met the road, he was the last starting USC backer selected.

    Why is that???

    The answer is in the first words of this post.

    you were saying?

    @solon16 said:

    you were saying?

    is it possible to unbump ? his bump posts aren't even relevant.

  • As someone who knows the three players received from the Jets well....I can tell you that you got two bona fide starters and a legitimate backup QB in addition to the second round pick. THEY FLEECED THE JETS not the other way around.

    All of these guys have character to bring to a locker room that's in need of it.

    Alex Mack is intelligent and tough as they come. Maualuga has serious off the field issues. Get over it. No wonder he went to Cincy.

    By the way....Jennings is still on the board in the fourth....so second would be a reach.

    For a team that only had four draft picks...they've parlayed them into four starters. Well done Mr. Kokinis.

    @earl34 said:

    As someone who knows the three players received from the Jets well....I can tell you that you got two bona fide starters and a legitimate backup QB in addition to the second round pick. THEY FLEECED THE JETS not the other way around.

    All of these guys have character to bring to a locker room that's in need of it.

    Alex Mack is intelligent and tough as they come. Maualuga has serious off the field issues. Get over it. No wonder he went to Cincy.

    By the way....Jennings is still on the board in the fourth....so second would be a reach.

    For a team that only had four draft picks...they've parlayed them into four starters. Well done Mr. Kokinis.

    wrong

  • @sony-reed said:

    Solon, I agree with you 100%, We just got taken to school today, and this leads me to believe that Mangini is running everything with this team and Kokinis is just a figurehead..

    Our biggest need was pass rusher and we got none, we needed a running back and we got none, a center and 2 wide receivers and a converted DE is not what I would have expected.

    Tell me how many 2nd day picks make NFL rosters or any type of impact, we got a bunch of 6th round picks....whoooooooooo, if we are expected to build this team into a winner with a bunch of 2nd day picks we are in BIG TROUBLE

    For the people who think we were smart to pass on Rey, just remember when Rey is playing in the Pro bowl what we could have had

    This team still has no identity on defense, we have no linebackers who you can say are better than average, and don't tell me about all the tackles D'Qwell makes, the playmakers in a 3-4 are the LB's and who do we have at linebacker, Wimbley=BUST, Old Man Barton, Unproven=Hall.

    This draft was TERRIBLE

    Since when do you work for the Browns and know their biggest need? When did ManKok fill you in on their plans for the team and what they perceive as the biggest needs of the team? Once again, another whiney little bitch because they didn't pick who you liked and you refuse to even wait and see what gets put on the field.

    @nebbrownsfan said:

    Since when do you work for the Browns and know their biggest need? When did ManKok fill you in on their plans for the team and what they perceive as the biggest needs of the team? Once again, another whiney little bitch because they didn't pick who you liked and you refuse to even wait and see what gets put on the field.

    I have seen....hmmm, my third eye....hey neb...wrong!

  • @nebbrownsfan said:

    Since when do you work for the Browns and know their biggest need? When did ManKok fill you in on their plans for the team and what they perceive as the biggest needs of the team? Once again, another whiney little bitch because they didn't pick who you liked and you refuse to even wait and see what gets put on the field.

    I have seen....hmmm, my third eye....hey neb...wrong!

    @solon16 said:

    I have seen....hmmm, my third eye....hey neb...wrong!

    Bored today??

    Is rey having a good year? I don't pat attention to other teams players all that much.

    At any rate, good if he is.

  • @solon16 said:

    I have seen....hmmm, my third eye....hey neb...wrong!

    Bored today??

    Is rey having a good year? I don't pat attention to other teams players all that much.

    At any rate, good if he is.

    @ballpeen said:

    Bored today??

    Is rey having a good year? I don't pat attention to other teams players all that much.

    At any rate, good if he is.

    Yes.... i thought kokinis was a numbskull and i think the draft sucked when it happened...

  • @ballpeen said:

    Bored today??

    Is rey having a good year? I don't pat attention to other teams players all that much.

    At any rate, good if he is.

    Yes.... i thought kokinis was a numbskull and i think the draft sucked when it happened...

    @solon16 said:

    Yes.... i thought kokinis was a numbskull and i think the draft sucked when it happened...

    Kokinis is a numbskull, but our draft did not suck. It actually was pretty good, seeing as how we had limited picks to begin with.

  • @solon16 said:

    Yes.... i thought kokinis was a numbskull and i think the draft sucked when it happened...

    Kokinis is a numbskull, but our draft did not suck. It actually was pretty good, seeing as how we had limited picks to begin with.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Kokinis is a numbskull, but our draft did not suck. It actually was pretty good, seeing as how we had limited picks to begin with.

    sorry for you....

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Kokinis is a numbskull, but our draft did not suck. It actually was pretty good, seeing as how we had limited picks to begin with.

    sorry for you....

    @solon16 said:

    sorry for you....

    Sorry for me? I don't understand why. Essentially everybody I've seen has agreed that our draft was pretty good. Sure, it could have been better. But what if we had gone for Maualuga and then he turned out to be the world's biggest shithead? Then you'd be chastising EM for reaching for him, even though his stock dropped significantly. You aren't going to be happy no matter what. I've said it once before and I will say it again- You are nothing but a douchebag who completely resents differing opinions. Maybe you should be our HC, since you are so well-qualified. I'm sure we won't go wrong there.

  • @solon16 said:

    sorry for you....

    Sorry for me? I don't understand why. Essentially everybody I've seen has agreed that our draft was pretty good. Sure, it could have been better. But what if we had gone for Maualuga and then he turned out to be the world's biggest shithead? Then you'd be chastising EM for reaching for him, even though his stock dropped significantly. You aren't going to be happy no matter what. I've said it once before and I will say it again- You are nothing but a douchebag who completely resents differing opinions. Maybe you should be our HC, since you are so well-qualified. I'm sure we won't go wrong there.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Sorry for me? I don't understand why. Essentially everybody I've seen has agreed that our draft was pretty good. Sure, it could have been better. But what if we had gone for Maualuga and then he turned out to be the world's biggest shithead? Then you'd be chastising EM for reaching for him, even though his stock dropped significantly. You aren't going to be happy no matter what. I've said it once before and I will say it again- You are nothing but a douchebag who completely resents differing opinions. Maybe you should be our HC, since you are so well-qualified. I'm sure we won't go wrong there.

    wow...nice with the name calling...good to speak with you too. we have bombed 10 str8 years on the draft....this year zero difference...never ever take a center in the first round...he may be great but onother huge mistake. I see nothing, absolutely nothing about our second rounders to say it isn't a complete busted draft. I hope I'm wrong....doubt it highly

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Sorry for me? I don't understand why. Essentially everybody I've seen has agreed that our draft was pretty good. Sure, it could have been better. But what if we had gone for Maualuga and then he turned out to be the world's biggest shithead? Then you'd be chastising EM for reaching for him, even though his stock dropped significantly. You aren't going to be happy no matter what. I've said it once before and I will say it again- You are nothing but a douchebag who completely resents differing opinions. Maybe you should be our HC, since you are so well-qualified. I'm sure we won't go wrong there.

    wow...nice with the name calling...good to speak with you too. we have bombed 10 str8 years on the draft....this year zero difference...never ever take a center in the first round...he may be great but onother huge mistake. I see nothing, absolutely nothing about our second rounders to say it isn't a complete busted draft. I hope I'm wrong....doubt it highly

    @solon16 said:

    wow...nice with the name calling...good to speak with you too. we have bombed 10 str8 years on the draft....this year zero difference...never ever take a center in the first round...he may be great but onother huge mistake. I see nothing, absolutely nothing about our second rounders to say it isn't a complete busted draft. I hope I'm wrong....doubt it highly

    Why would you never take a center in the first round, if he's got first round talent. By all accounts, Pittsburgh was ready to nab him, so I'm glad we got him first. Look at Nick Mangold, he was so great they were considering him for ROY. Centers almost never get ROY, so that should show how great he was. He made the Pro Bowl last year, and will probably continue to do so for the next 8-10 years, barring injury. Jeff Faine, another Pro Bowler selected in the first round. Damien Woody, another Pro Bowler that was drafted in the first round. I grow sick and tired of people saying you can't draft so and so in the first round. If their talent is good enough, and you need that position, and you feel your marginal benefit outweighs the marginal cost, go for it. Now we have somebody to face Haloti Ngata and Casey Hampton for the next couple of years.

  • @solon16 said:

    wow...nice with the name calling...good to speak with you too. we have bombed 10 str8 years on the draft....this year zero difference...never ever take a center in the first round...he may be great but onother huge mistake. I see nothing, absolutely nothing about our second rounders to say it isn't a complete busted draft. I hope I'm wrong....doubt it highly

    Why would you never take a center in the first round, if he's got first round talent. By all accounts, Pittsburgh was ready to nab him, so I'm glad we got him first. Look at Nick Mangold, he was so great they were considering him for ROY. Centers almost never get ROY, so that should show how great he was. He made the Pro Bowl last year, and will probably continue to do so for the next 8-10 years, barring injury. Jeff Faine, another Pro Bowler selected in the first round. Damien Woody, another Pro Bowler that was drafted in the first round. I grow sick and tired of people saying you can't draft so and so in the first round. If their talent is good enough, and you need that position, and you feel your marginal benefit outweighs the marginal cost, go for it. Now we have somebody to face Haloti Ngata and Casey Hampton for the next couple of years.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why would you never take a center in the first round, if he's got first round talent. By all accounts, Pittsburgh was ready to nab him, so I'm glad we got him first. Look at Nick Mangold, he was so great they were considering him for ROY. Centers almost never get ROY, so that should show how great he was. He made the Pro Bowl last year, and will probably continue to do so for the next 8-10 years, barring injury. Jeff Faine, another Pro Bowler selected in the first round. Damien Woody, another Pro Bowler that was drafted in the first round. I grow sick and tired of people saying you can't draft so and so in the first round. If their talent is good enough, and you need that position, and you feel your marginal benefit outweighs the marginal cost, go for it. Now we have somebody to face Haloti Ngata and Casey Hampton for the next couple of years.

    Awesome...we have someone to block opposing nt's in the afc north(woohoo).... we have 4 Td's this year. no skill positions worth crap....again!

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why would you never take a center in the first round, if he's got first round talent. By all accounts, Pittsburgh was ready to nab him, so I'm glad we got him first. Look at Nick Mangold, he was so great they were considering him for ROY. Centers almost never get ROY, so that should show how great he was. He made the Pro Bowl last year, and will probably continue to do so for the next 8-10 years, barring injury. Jeff Faine, another Pro Bowler selected in the first round. Damien Woody, another Pro Bowler that was drafted in the first round. I grow sick and tired of people saying you can't draft so and so in the first round. If their talent is good enough, and you need that position, and you feel your marginal benefit outweighs the marginal cost, go for it. Now we have somebody to face Haloti Ngata and Casey Hampton for the next couple of years.

    Awesome...we have someone to block opposing nt's in the afc north(woohoo).... we have 4 Td's this year. no skill positions worth crap....again!

    @solon16 said:

    Awesome...we have someone to block opposing nt's in the afc north(woohoo).... we have 4 Td's this year. no skill positions worth crap....again!

    Well, given that the AFC North is well-known for it's stifling defense, I'd say that's a pretty great thing to have. If that doesn't prove anything, how about Casey Hampton is a 4 time Pro Bowl NT with 258 tackles and 5.5 sacks in his 9 year career and Haloti has 94 tackles, 4 sacks, and an INT in two years and is considered to be one of the best defensive lineman in the NFL. The fact that you are downplaying the tremendous defense of the AFC North just proves that you honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

  • @solon16 said:

    Awesome...we have someone to block opposing nt's in the afc north(woohoo).... we have 4 Td's this year. no skill positions worth crap....again!

    Well, given that the AFC North is well-known for it's stifling defense, I'd say that's a pretty great thing to have. If that doesn't prove anything, how about Casey Hampton is a 4 time Pro Bowl NT with 258 tackles and 5.5 sacks in his 9 year career and Haloti has 94 tackles, 4 sacks, and an INT in two years and is considered to be one of the best defensive lineman in the NFL. The fact that you are downplaying the tremendous defense of the AFC North just proves that you honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well, given that the AFC North is well-known for it's stifling defense, I'd say that's a pretty great thing to have. If that doesn't prove anything, how about Casey Hampton is a 4 time Pro Bowl NT with 258 tackles and 5.5 sacks in his 9 year career and Haloti has 94 tackles, 4 sacks, and an INT in two years and is considered to be one of the best defensive lineman in the NFL. The fact that you are downplaying the tremendous defense of the AFC North just proves that you honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

    wow...shaun rogers is better than either...so what? Both ravens and steelersand bengals have playmakers on offense....we have zero! all three have good runners, Qb's ...we have neither. You want to pick a fight with me by calling me names...that makes you a d-bag. But i know football.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Sorry for me? I don't understand why. Essentially everybody I've seen has agreed that our draft was pretty good. Sure, it could have been better. But what if we had gone for Maualuga and then he turned out to be the world's biggest shithead? Then you'd be chastising EM for reaching for him, even though his stock dropped significantly. You aren't going to be happy no matter what. I've said it once before and I will say it again- You are nothing but a douchebag who completely resents differing opinions. Maybe you should be our HC, since you are so well-qualified. I'm sure we won't go wrong there.

    wow...nice with the name calling...good to speak with you too. we have bombed 10 str8 years on the draft....this year zero difference...never ever take a center in the first round...he may be great but onother huge mistake. I see nothing, absolutely nothing about our second rounders to say it isn't a complete busted draft. I hope I'm wrong....doubt it highly

    @solon16 said:

    wow...nice with the name calling...good to speak with you too. we have bombed 10 str8 years on the draft....this year zero difference...never ever take a center in the first round...he may be great but onother huge mistake. I see nothing, absolutely nothing about our second rounders to say it isn't a complete busted draft. I hope I'm wrong....doubt it highly

    Solon, you will never win arguing with some people here,we have zero players on offense and we passed up offensive playmakers to trade down to select a center, we got out of this draft a receiver who can't get separation (Robiske) a college defensive end moved to lb, a raw rookie Massaquoi trying to be a number 1 receiver and a center and folks are calling this a great draft.

    Also all this talk about we got 11 draft picks, do people actually realize that most of these 11 draft picks in 2010 are late round draft choices so tell me how are these draft picks taken in the 4th, 5th and 6 rounds going to offer much help to this team.

    We have a offense that looks like some pee wee football team, we have a inept offense that struggles to score 10 points a game and I see people hear saying lets draft defense in the first 3 rounds, guess what if you can't score points I don't care how good your defense is you won't win, no defense is going to shutout teams every week and in the AFC North you have Rothlisberger, Palmer and Flacco so you better be able to score some points because all 3 of those teams will score points

  • well you don't know football either...lol

  • @solon16 said:

    Awesome...we have someone to block opposing nt's in the afc north(woohoo).... we have 4 Td's this year. no skill positions worth crap....again!

    Well, given that the AFC North is well-known for it's stifling defense, I'd say that's a pretty great thing to have. If that doesn't prove anything, how about Casey Hampton is a 4 time Pro Bowl NT with 258 tackles and 5.5 sacks in his 9 year career and Haloti has 94 tackles, 4 sacks, and an INT in two years and is considered to be one of the best defensive lineman in the NFL. The fact that you are downplaying the tremendous defense of the AFC North just proves that you honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well, given that the AFC North is well-known for it's stifling defense, I'd say that's a pretty great thing to have. If that doesn't prove anything, how about Casey Hampton is a 4 time Pro Bowl NT with 258 tackles and 5.5 sacks in his 9 year career and Haloti has 94 tackles, 4 sacks, and an INT in two years and is considered to be one of the best defensive lineman in the NFL. The fact that you are downplaying the tremendous defense of the AFC North just proves that you honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

    recap for the football impaired....Justin Hartwig=6th round(pitt), Matt Birk=6th round(balt), Kyle cook= undrafted(cincy)...the three other teams in the afc north...rothlisberger,ward,mendenhall....flacco, rice, mcGahee...., palmer, ocho, benson.....

    FAIL!

  • quick look at past probowlers@ center...nick hardwick 3rd round (1 pro bowl), Olin kreutz 3rd round(7 probowls), Kevin Mawae ,2nd round drafted as guard,(6 probowls), Tom Nalen 7th round (4 pro bowls) matt birk 6th round(4probowls), Jeff christy 4th round(4 probowls)jeff saturdau 2 pro bowl(undrafted) on and on and on......STOOOPID to take in first round

    P.S. your Dad should have pulled out!

  • So what you're telling me is that we could have picked Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, and Rashard Mendenhall, or Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, and Willis McGahee, or Carson Palmer, Chad Ochocinco, and Cedric Benson with the pick that we used for Alex Mack? Well shit, I guess we did make a terrible decision.

    Your argument is stupid. Sure, we could have picked up any skill player in that pick, but a fat lot of good it does when your QB doesn't have enough time to even throw the ball. The line is the most important part of rebuilding an offense, and if you can't understand that, then there's really no point in this lame argument.

    EDIT: Oh, and nice line about my dad pulling out. That was very classy, and extremely clever. I can't believe I never thought of that one.

  • So what you're telling me is that we could have picked Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, and Rashard Mendenhall, or Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, and Willis McGahee, or Carson Palmer, Chad Ochocinco, and Cedric Benson with the pick that we used for Alex Mack? Well shit, I guess we did make a terrible decision.

    Your argument is stupid. Sure, we could have picked up any skill player in that pick, but a fat lot of good it does when your QB doesn't have enough time to even throw the ball. The line is the most important part of rebuilding an offense, and if you can't understand that, then there's really no point in this lame argument.

    EDIT: Oh, and nice line about my dad pulling out. That was very classy, and extremely clever. I can't believe I never thought of that one.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So what you're telling me is that we could have picked Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, and Rashard Mendenhall, or Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, and Willis McGahee, or Carson Palmer, Chad Ochocinco, and Cedric Benson with the pick that we used for Alex Mack? Well shit, I guess we did make a terrible decision.

    Your argument is stupid. Sure, we could have picked up any skill player in that pick, but a fat lot of good it does when your QB doesn't have enough time to even throw the ball. The line is the most important part of rebuilding an offense, and if you can't understand that, then there's really no point in this lame argument.

    EDIT: Oh, and nice line about my dad pulling out. That was very classy, and extremely clever. I can't believe I never thought of that one.

    you have a no clue what my argument is about...if that's your rebuttal...shortbus