Skip to content

Dumpster diving

The Browns Board
59 17 2.5k
  • hey you blamed pettine. i'll blame hue. you blamed farmer and i'll blame sushi and depoopa.

    who's right in the end when it all turns to shit anyway?

    that's why hiring these 'project' guys is insane. you have enuff money to build truck stops up and down and through the midwest but 'let's' be cautious and go with some kids and a dream.

    fuck that roll open up the bank roll for a proven GM and a proven HC and be done with it.

    "let's wait and see!" "it's exciting!" man, what are you 25 years old? when you hit my age after watching this shit show for the last 4 decades last thing i wanna hear is "wait and see!"

    been there. done that.

    @miktoxic said:

    hey you blamed pettine. i'll blame hue. you blamed farmer and i'll blame sushi and depoopa.

    who's right in the end when it all turns to shit anyway?

    that's why hiring these 'project' guys is insane. you have enuff money to build truck stops up and down and through the midwest but 'let's' be cautious and go with some kids and a dream.

    fuck that roll open up the bank roll for a proven GM and a proven HC and be done with it.

    "let's wait and see!" "it's exciting!" man, what are you 25 years old? when you hit my age after watching this shit show for the last 4 decades last thing i wanna hear is "wait and see!"

    been there. done that.

    I didn't blame anyone for us improving to 7-9 in 2014. No reason to during temporary progress. And, my final verdict on Pettine in January was it wasn't all his fault. I wrote a gigantic post explaining why a bigger pictured conclusion was necessary as well as crediting Mud for part of the about face.

    So how many regular season games have we got clobbered to justify your blaming of Hue prior to our first regular season game? You might want to get your underwear off before you power shoot...

    You know I enjoy the Hell out of you Mik but do you ever read why I said what I said before jumping all over it? Remember when I told you Roger Goodell would win the power struggle with Tom Brady? Did I fess up when I was wrong? And now that I was actually right, have you fessed up? I know you know what I'm talking about here because you had me LMAO 1 hour after I guaranteed Roger Goodfella wasn't going to lose a power struggle with any player.

  • when you hit my age after watching this shit show for the last 4 decades last thing i wanna hear is "wait and see!" Mik

    ********************************************************************

    only four decades? Pouty young-timer. I was an avid Browns fan since I was too young to remember.
    I went to a Browns game before I was born, and I am retired now. Get rid of the tic, Mik! Get out of the box, Tox !
    This is a profound different direction for the Browns - it's what a lot of folks have thought was needed for a long time.
    The past no longer defines the present.
  • Released names that caught my eye... off updated "wire": http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691151/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trimming-to-53-players

    TBH, not even sure why on some, but some memory somewhere (hopefully good) was stirred. Not going to vet them further than whether their position matches an area of strength for the releasing team because by the time I did, it'll all be over. I've bolded the ones I think pass this test.

    AZ : CB Harlan Miller

    BLT: C Matt Skura

    BUF: LB Kroy Biermann, CB Mario Butler, RB Dan Herron, LB Manny Lawson, OT Chris Martin, G Cyril Richardson, LB Max Valles

    CAR: G David Yankey

    CHI: DE Ego Ferguson

    CIN: OT Aaron Epps

    DNV: RB Ronnie Hillman

    DET: DT Caraun Reid

    HOU: OG Karim Barton, WR Cecil Shorts III

    IND:

    JAX: LB Jordan Tripp

    KC : OL Reid Fragel

    LA : DE Ian Seau

    MIA: G Jamil Douglas

    MN : G Willie Beavers

    NE : RB Tyler Gaffney, OL Chris Barker

    NO : C Jack Allen, T Khalif Barnes

    NYG: OL Ryan Seymour, DT Louis Nix, CB Leon McFadden, CB Michael Hunter

    NYJ: TE Jace Amaro, CB Dee Milliner, RB Antone Smith, FB Tommy Bohanon, G Craig Watts, LB Trevor Reilly, LB Taiwan Jones

    OAK: LB John Lotulelei, DE Greg Townsend Jr.

    PHI: S Ed Reynolds - intrigues me as a hybrid LS/S player

    PTG: LB Travis Feeney

    SD : OLB Ben Gardner, FB Chris Swain

    SEA: G Jahri Evans

    TB : LB Luke Rhodes

    TN : OL Jeremiah Poutasi, OL Will Poehls, LB Curtis Grant, CB Kalan Reed, LB Justin Staples

    WSH: LB Lynden Trail

  • I'm wih Larry on this.. I'm sick of being asked to be patient after one shit show to the next.. sorry if that doesnt jive with any of you folks here.. but I'm not here to kiss anyones ass just because they believe a would be bean counter and a "Anal-Littiks" guy from baseball is gonna turn it around.. I'm in My early 50's.. I'm getting sick of the same old song and dance year in and year out... I'm not up there with Larry and Mike yet.. but not far behind... I'm sick of being asked to... "wait"

  • it....is......not....the.....same......old.............song...........and............dance.

  • it....is......not....the.....same......old.............song...........and............dance.

    @calfoxwc said:

    it....is......not....the.....same......old.............song...........and............dance.

    yes

    it

    is!

  • Released names that caught my eye... off updated "wire": http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691151/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trimming-to-53-players

    TBH, not even sure why on some, but some memory somewhere (hopefully good) was stirred. Not going to vet them further than whether their position matches an area of strength for the releasing team because by the time I did, it'll all be over. I've bolded the ones I think pass this test.

    AZ : CB Harlan Miller

    BLT: C Matt Skura

    BUF: LB Kroy Biermann, CB Mario Butler, RB Dan Herron, LB Manny Lawson, OT Chris Martin, G Cyril Richardson, LB Max Valles

    CAR: G David Yankey

    CHI: DE Ego Ferguson

    CIN: OT Aaron Epps

    DNV: RB Ronnie Hillman

    DET: DT Caraun Reid

    HOU: OG Karim Barton, WR Cecil Shorts III

    IND:

    JAX: LB Jordan Tripp

    KC : OL Reid Fragel

    LA : DE Ian Seau

    MIA: G Jamil Douglas

    MN : G Willie Beavers

    NE : RB Tyler Gaffney, OL Chris Barker

    NO : C Jack Allen, T Khalif Barnes

    NYG: OL Ryan Seymour, DT Louis Nix, CB Leon McFadden, CB Michael Hunter

    NYJ: TE Jace Amaro, CB Dee Milliner, RB Antone Smith, FB Tommy Bohanon, G Craig Watts, LB Trevor Reilly, LB Taiwan Jones

    OAK: LB John Lotulelei, DE Greg Townsend Jr.

    PHI: S Ed Reynolds - intrigues me as a hybrid LS/S player

    PTG: LB Travis Feeney

    SD : OLB Ben Gardner, FB Chris Swain

    SEA: G Jahri Evans

    TB : LB Luke Rhodes

    TN : OL Jeremiah Poutasi, OL Will Poehls, LB Curtis Grant, CB Kalan Reed, LB Justin Staples

    WSH: LB Lynden Trail

    @tour2ma said:

    Released names that caught my eye... off updated "wire": http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691151/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trimming-to-53-players

    TBH, not even sure why on some, but some memory somewhere (hopefully good) was stirred. Not going to vet them further than whether their position matches an area of strength for the releasing team because by the time I did, it'll all be over. I've bolded the ones I think pass this test.

    AZ : CB Harlan Miller

    BUF: LB Kroy Biermann, CB Mario Butler, LB Max Valles

    CIN: OT Aaron Epps

    JAX: LB Jordan Tripp

    KC : OL Reid Fragel

    LA : DE Ian Seau

    NYJ: TE Jace Amaro, CB Dee Milliner,

    OAK: LB John Lotulelei, DE Greg Townsend Jr. ***Trade for both***

    PHI: S Ed Reynolds - intrigues me as a hybrid LS/S player

    PTG: LB Travis Feeney

    SEA: G Jahri Evans

    TN : OL Jeremiah Poutasi,

    Combo of any of them would suit me Tour. Some rooks can fall to PS

  • Offensive linemen off the trash heap, even if they are just depth, would be nice.

  • it....is......not....the.....same......old.............song...........and............dance.

    @calfoxwc said:

    it....is......not....the.....same......old.............song...........and............dance.

    Agree... and I know dancing...

  • it....is......not....the.....same......old.............song...........and............dance.

    @calfoxwc said:

    it....is......not....the.....same......old.............song...........and............dance.

    PROVE IT !!! Before I jump on The Happy Train.

    The season starts in a week. I'll try hard to not upset the sunshine pumpers in the meantime.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    it....is......not....the.....same......old.............song...........and............dance.

    PROVE IT !!! Before I jump on The Happy Train.

    The season starts in a week. I'll try hard to not upset the sunshine pumpers in the meantime.

    @hoorta said:

    PROVE IT !!! Before I jump on The Happy Train.

    The season starts in a week. I'll try hard to not upset the sunshine pumpers in the meantime.

    Well you can embrace the alternative of moping and being a giant cry baby. You have company around here.

  • @hoorta said:

    PROVE IT !!! Before I jump on The Happy Train.

    The season starts in a week. I'll try hard to not upset the sunshine pumpers in the meantime.

    Well you can embrace the alternative of moping and being a giant cry baby. You have company around here.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Well you can embrace the alternative of moping and being a giant cry baby. You have company around here.

    I don't mope, & I don't cry. I'm way past that stage. Way too many losses in the last ten years to get upset when the Browns lose. I'm numb to the losses. This is a very young team, with a lot of rookies and an entirely new system. The preseason was a disorganized mess.

    When I see signs of progress maybe I might get excited again. As was said above- just because we're trying something off the wall doesn't necessarily mean it's going to work. I mean really- some guys are going to get all warm and fuzzy seeing Ogbah and Nassib play well when we lose by 20? Yeah- I get it's going to take time, and I get we're probably going to lose a lot of games this year- screw moral victories.

  • @hoorta said:

    PROVE IT !!! Before I jump on The Happy Train.

    The season starts in a week. I'll try hard to not upset the sunshine pumpers in the meantime.

    Well you can embrace the alternative of moping and being a giant cry baby. You have company around here.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Well you can embrace the alternative of moping and being a giant cry baby. You have company around here.

    Problem is that anybody that isnt on the happy delusional train is considered a moper, whiner or cry baby.....IE: If you have any opinion outside of ....'the Browns, Hue & Shashi are GREAT!".....then you are a cry baby...

    Sheesh....

    It's just as tiring reading all the overt optimism about the same shit every single year and "all the stars" we just drafted and how "this time" it's being done right....... with very little "honest" criticism or negative critiques, even when fully merited....

    If we all just get on the happy train and pretend everything is being done perfectly, wouldn't every discussion just be a bunch of "this is great"....yep....I agree....me too....yep....Great it is!.....yessir!....yep....you are so right....yep,,,,,I agree 100%.....^^^this^^^.....

    Blech....we need some honesty, just for the discussion, if nothing else....

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Well you can embrace the alternative of moping and being a giant cry baby. You have company around here.

    I don't mope, & I don't cry. I'm way past that stage. Way too many losses in the last ten years to get upset when the Browns lose. I'm numb to the losses. This is a very young team, with a lot of rookies and an entirely new system. The preseason was a disorganized mess.

    When I see signs of progress maybe I might get excited again. As was said above- just because we're trying something off the wall doesn't necessarily mean it's going to work. I mean really- some guys are going to get all warm and fuzzy seeing Ogbah and Nassib play well when we lose by 20? Yeah- I get it's going to take time, and I get we're probably going to lose a lot of games this year- screw moral victories.

    @hoorta said:

    I don't mope, & I don't cry. I'm way past that stage. Way too many losses in the last ten years to get upset when the Browns lose. I'm numb to the losses. This is a very young team, with a lot of rookies and an entirely new system. The preseason was a disorganized mess.

    What was disorganized about evaluating who stays and who sprays? Did you disagree with a lot of the cuts or something?

  • I'm with Larry on this.. I'm not getting excited until I'm given a reason.. the old addage.. "Prove it"

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Well you can embrace the alternative of moping and being a giant cry baby. You have company around here.

    Problem is that anybody that isnt on the happy delusional train is considered a moper, whiner or cry baby.....IE: If you have any opinion outside of ....'the Browns, Hue & Shashi are GREAT!".....then you are a cry baby...

    Sheesh....

    It's just as tiring reading all the overt optimism about the same shit every single year and "all the stars" we just drafted and how "this time" it's being done right....... with very little "honest" criticism or negative critiques, even when fully merited....

    If we all just get on the happy train and pretend everything is being done perfectly, wouldn't every discussion just be a bunch of "this is great"....yep....I agree....me too....yep....Great it is!.....yessir!....yep....you are so right....yep,,,,,I agree 100%.....^^^this^^^.....

    Blech....we need some honesty, just for the discussion, if nothing else....

    @mudfly said:

    Problem is that anybody that isnt on the happy delusional train is considered a moper, whiner or cry baby.....IE: If you have any opinion outside of ....'the Browns, Hue & Shashi are GREAT!".....then you are a cry baby...

    Sheesh....

    It's just as tiring reading all the overt optimism about the same shit every single year and "all the stars" we just drafted and how "this time" it's being done right....... with very little "honest" criticism or negative critiques, even when fully merited....

    If we all just get on the happy train and pretend everything is being done perfectly, wouldn't every discussion just be a bunch of "this is great"....yep....I agree....me too....yep....Great it is!.....yessir!....yep....you are so right....yep,,,,,I agree 100%.....^^^this^^^.....

    Blech....we need some honesty, just for the discussion, if nothing else....

    There is a fine line between having healthy skepticism (anyone here with a brain should) and just bagging on everything done by the new front office as if some previous GM for the Browns had done some stellar job.

    I am willing to see how it goes before deciding that every decision made now is the worst thing ever. You don't fall under that umbrella but a bunch of couch GMs here certainly dwell there.

  • For all the skeptics and even the Raw-Rawers, it's far too early to be either. Not one of you (either way) has any baseline whatsoever to bitch, cry or proclaim this FO/coaching staff/draft/team is the next dynasty...... I don't want to hear about 4 measly fucking pre-season games being any type of baseline, so don't bring it, cause it's bullshit.

    There has been a MASSIVE turnover in players from last year, with some of our heaviest dead weights playing somewhere else - and hell, the FO even got a lil' something for them besides the bucket of chicken that I thought they would get - so by the middle of the season we should all have a deeper baseline to go off of, and then the criers can start to whale, or hopefully for all our sakes, the Raw-Rawers will start to I told you so.

    But seriously, damn, the opener is less than a week away and we're currently undefeated, we should all be focused on where we are watching, and how loud were gonna cheer, and oh yea, fuck the Eagles and all that that implies, cuz after all, it's opening fucking day.

  • @hoorta said:

    I don't mope, & I don't cry. I'm way past that stage. Way too many losses in the last ten years to get upset when the Browns lose. I'm numb to the losses. This is a very young team, with a lot of rookies and an entirely new system. The preseason was a disorganized mess.

    What was disorganized about evaluating who stays and who sprays? Did you disagree with a lot of the cuts or something?

    @flugel said:

    What was disorganized about evaluating who stays and who sprays? Did you disagree with a lot of the cuts or something?

    Did you happen to watch the Chinese Fire drill we were running both on offense and defense trying to evaluate all that new talent? Now that it's regular season, every rookie were going to trot out there Sunday will miraculously be in the right position to make plays? Way too many dumb penalties.

    Regarding the cuts, I was mildly disappointed the Browns dropped Tuggle and Watson, but I don't watch coaches film either. I had no problems shipping out Mingo and Gilbert.

    I saw the same problems game after game in August. As was pointed out- it was our vanilla against their vanilla. Minimal or no pass rush. Sheldon damn near invisible. Run defense sucked. Cornerbacks out of position, and couldn't tackle worth a damn when they were. O-line resembled a sieve. RG III inaccurate short, held the ball too long, and was getting killed. (he won't last three games at that rate), and I loved McCown throwing passes 15 feet over the intended WR. Kessler looked really, really bad game 4. Will he improve? We'll see, but the 20\20 hindsight guys are 100% correct right now- he's a POS compared to Dak Prescott.

    So take to heart what Mud just said- just because some of us have very valid reasons for skepticism doesn't make us any less fans. We've heard it all before about NOW it's all going to be better with Savage, Holmgren, Lombardi, and Farmer running the show. Some of us are not here to sit around the campfire and sing kumbayah on how great it's going to be. As I posted in another thread, Sashi and Depodesta have proved one thing so far- they're very good at stockpiling future draft picks. If they can draft 4 future HOFers in 2017 (like the Steelers did one year back in the 70s) we might be on the right track for a change.

  • The good news is this George Atkinson guy looks like he had a hell of a preseason.....maybe a good add to the RB corps...

    had one opportunity to return a kick and took it 80+ yds to the house......and had.....

    19 rushes for 190 yds and 3 TD's....considering our best rusher had 79 yds and our whole team only scored 5 TD's???.....

  • The good news is this George Atkinson guy looks like he had a hell of a preseason.....maybe a good add to the RB corps...

    had one opportunity to return a kick and took it 80+ yds to the house......and had.....

    19 rushes for 190 yds and 3 TD's....considering our best rusher had 79 yds and our whole team only scored 5 TD's???.....

    @mudfly said:

    The good news is this George Atkinson guy looks like he had a hell of a preseason.....maybe a good add to the RB corps...

    had one opportunity to return a kick and took it 80+ yds to the house......and had.....

    19 rushes for 190 yds and 3 TD's....considering our best rusher had 79 yds and our whole team only scored 5 TD's???.....

    He looked as good as his stats Mud. I literally said out loud, "why can't our RBs run like this dude" .......... very stoked to see where this might go. He did drop a couple of EZ passes, including what would have been a TD, but he looked decisive and explosive.