Skip to content

One thing you are looking forward to in 2016-2017 season

The Browns Board
75 29 2.7k
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #6

    the inevitable reboot at seasons end...

  • ErnieCamacho84E ErnieCamacho84 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I'm looking forward to the half dozen (or so) wins this team is going to pull out of their asses and/or have handed to them.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Watching a team grow up before our eyes so that by the end of the season, regardless of W-L record, we see a real NFL team transform into a viable franchise for years to come. And I want us to be good enough that we use the coming picks for a few true stars to add to that team instead of a lot of later round picks.

  • the inevitable reboot at seasons end...

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @nickers said:

    the inevitable reboot at seasons end...

    Take your midol.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #10
    1. Road tripping to Miami!
    Getting 2016 over with so we know where we are and what we need.Working on and debating the 2017 Draft.Attending the 2017 Draft in Philly!
    1. Road tripping to Miami!
    Getting 2016 over with so we know where we are and what we need.Working on and debating the 2017 Draft.Attending the 2017 Draft in Philly!
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tour2ma said:

    Attending the 2017 Draft in Philly!

    you do that and i am THERE! woo hoo!!

  • @tinythinker said:

    There are lots of reasons to follow a team: You grew up in or moved to a particular city. Family tradition. Habit (i.e. you've been a fan so long it's just part of you). And so on.

    Whether the Browns go 0-16 or manage 5-11 as yet another rebuilding process gets underway, what are you looking forward to most?

    • Tailgating/attending a game with friends?
    • Talking crap about opposing teams on forums like this?
    • Seeing which picks and trades are working out?
    • Making fun of/complaining about FO missteps? NOPE
    • Being part of a community of fans that stick together through decades of lean times?
    • Something else? I'm looking forward to seeing a team grow & improve as the season wears on. While I'm not too optimistic about the won/loss record, I'm happy we have a few potential playmakers on O, and some young & hungry LBs on D.

    At one week away from Week One of the regular season, what is bringing you back again for another ride on the roller-coaster?

    Well, when you're addicted since 1970, it's a no brainer to look forward to another season. On another note, i like the schedule this year.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @bob806 said:

    @tinythinker said:

    There are lots of reasons to follow a team: You grew up in or moved to a particular city. Family tradition. Habit (i.e. you've been a fan so long it's just part of you). And so on.

    Whether the Browns go 0-16 or manage 5-11 as yet another rebuilding process gets underway, what are you looking forward to most?

    • Tailgating/attending a game with friends?
    • Talking crap about opposing teams on forums like this?
    • Seeing which picks and trades are working out?
    • Making fun of/complaining about FO missteps? NOPE
    • Being part of a community of fans that stick together through decades of lean times?
    • Something else? I'm looking forward to seeing a team grow & improve as the season wears on. While I'm not too optimistic about the won/loss record, I'm happy we have a few potential playmakers on O, and some young & hungry LBs on D.

    At one week away from Week One of the regular season, what is bringing you back again for another ride on the roller-coaster?

    Well, when you're addicted since 1970, it's a no brainer to look forward to another season. On another note, i like the schedule this year.

    Bob,

    I agree with all you said, except that I've been addicted to the Browns since 1956. That said, our passion & loyalty appear to be on the same page.

    Mike

  • @bob806 said:

    @tinythinker said:

    There are lots of reasons to follow a team: You grew up in or moved to a particular city. Family tradition. Habit (i.e. you've been a fan so long it's just part of you). And so on.

    Whether the Browns go 0-16 or manage 5-11 as yet another rebuilding process gets underway, what are you looking forward to most?

    • Tailgating/attending a game with friends?
    • Talking crap about opposing teams on forums like this?
    • Seeing which picks and trades are working out?
    • Making fun of/complaining about FO missteps? NOPE
    • Being part of a community of fans that stick together through decades of lean times?
    • Something else? I'm looking forward to seeing a team grow & improve as the season wears on. While I'm not too optimistic about the won/loss record, I'm happy we have a few potential playmakers on O, and some young & hungry LBs on D.

    At one week away from Week One of the regular season, what is bringing you back again for another ride on the roller-coaster?

    Well, when you're addicted since 1970, it's a no brainer to look forward to another season. On another note, i like the schedule this year.

    Bob,

    I agree with all you said, except that I've been addicted to the Browns since 1956. That said, our passion & loyalty appear to be on the same page.

    Mike

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @canton-mike said:

    Bob,

    I agree with all you said, except that I've been addicted to the Browns since 1956. That said, our passion & loyalty appear to be on the same page.

    Mike

    Nice. Guys like you have pretty much seen it all. Glad you're sticking with 'em with basically 20+ years of tragedy.

    Well I am an eternal optimist even though the losing is tiring. Plus, I really do enjoy the tailgating.

    Looking forward to next Sunday for sure!!!

  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #14

    D. all the above?

    GO BROWNS!!! FOREVER!

    ????????????

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I wanna see improvement as the season goes on.

    I wanna see some OFFENSE.

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Interesting responses so far. Always good to see why people are passionate about and loyal toward something. I included the options listed as starters or prompts because that's mostly what I've seen here for the last few years (I wasn't registered at first, think I only started posting last year). It's fun to see the additional things people are looking forward to.

    I'll try another "Predictions four games in" thread next month. I know a lot of people like to predict the entire schedule before Game One but so many preseason predictions, even by the analysts, can flip fast once the regular season gets under way.

    1. Road tripping to Miami!
    Getting 2016 over with so we know where we are and what we need.Working on and debating the 2017 Draft.Attending the 2017 Draft in Philly!
    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #17

    @tour2ma said:

    1. Attending the 2017 Draft in Philly!

    One of the greatest collections of Renior is located in Philly. I haven't seen it yet so this is a bit of an enticing bonus should I go for the draft.

    http://www.barnesfoundation.org/collections/art-collection/artist/133/pierre-auguste-renoir?gclid=Cj0KEQjwjK--BRCzv-Wyu4OTosEBEiQAgFp5ONPrg7Eg7TnxzURBlhLGfZ_UH-o2NqLa4EHS_ZqyAGcaAjLk8P8HAQ

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Going 19-0

    Of course I reserve the right to adjust my expectations after the first qtr of the opener.

  • @bob806 said:

    @tinythinker said:

    There are lots of reasons to follow a team: You grew up in or moved to a particular city. Family tradition. Habit (i.e. you've been a fan so long it's just part of you). And so on.

    Whether the Browns go 0-16 or manage 5-11 as yet another rebuilding process gets underway, what are you looking forward to most?

    • Tailgating/attending a game with friends?
    • Talking crap about opposing teams on forums like this?
    • Seeing which picks and trades are working out?
    • Making fun of/complaining about FO missteps? NOPE
    • Being part of a community of fans that stick together through decades of lean times?
    • Something else? I'm looking forward to seeing a team grow & improve as the season wears on. While I'm not too optimistic about the won/loss record, I'm happy we have a few potential playmakers on O, and some young & hungry LBs on D.

    At one week away from Week One of the regular season, what is bringing you back again for another ride on the roller-coaster?

    Well, when you're addicted since 1970, it's a no brainer to look forward to another season. On another note, i like the schedule this year.

    Bob,

    I agree with all you said, except that I've been addicted to the Browns since 1956. That said, our passion & loyalty appear to be on the same page.

    Mike

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @canton-mike said:

    Bob,

    I agree with all you said, except that I've been addicted to the Browns since 1956. That said, our passion & loyalty appear to be on the same page.

    Mike

    Mike,

    You've got me by a few years I saw my first Indians game at the Ol' Muni in 1959 at age 8 still have the program and grew up during the great Jim Brown era, ahhh, nice era to enjoy sports in NE Ohio.

    Michael

  • Going 19-0

    Of course I reserve the right to adjust my expectations after the first qtr of the opener.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @topdawg31 said:

    Going 19-0

    .

    U got any more of those blue cap shrooms?

  • @topdawg31 said:

    Going 19-0

    .

    U got any more of those blue cap shrooms?

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @clevfan4life said:

    U got any more of those blue cap shrooms?

    Delirious wishful expectations, it's what we hang our hats on til the season begins.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Improvement

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I'm looking forward to watching a bunch of young players excited to prove themselves blending in and establishing chemistry with the veterans already here. I'm excited to turn this thing around feeling great we've already increased our draft volumes for 2017 and 2018.

    Game face on! Let's kickoff and kickass!

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #24

    well this is more for next year

    keeping the same coaching staff for this year hoping hortons D doesnt get burned

  • DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by
    #25

    DTBH returning to the Browns Board?