Draft Talk
-
Like I said in the other thread. The top player in a weak draft class.
You're addressing the position for the sake of it at that point.
Would you take Aaron Donald, or Blake Bortles??
-
MKC tweeted. . .
#Browns Brown on Pryor and Collins: "Our plan on both of those players is to try to extend them without using the (franchise) tag''
-
Like I said in the other thread. The top player in a weak draft class.
You're addressing the position for the sake of it at that point.
Would you take Aaron Donald, or Blake Bortles??
-
-
75% of that highlight tape is Fournette running through massive holes
75% of that highlight tape is Fournette running through massive holes
Trent Richardson part 2.
-
Fournette's injury issues eliminate him from early 1st consideration here...
If we took the players that fall at #1, #14/15 and #33 I'd be semi-happy...
- 1. Allen (DE/DT) - BAMA
- 12. Thomas (DE)
- 33. Kizer (QB)
Thomas is a good player, but I can't see dounbling down at DE this high.
So that #12 pick may be a tad problematic, but someone will fall to us should Trubs jump up... please be Foster... please be Foster...
If no one does fall, then a modest trade down can still land us a quality CB or maybe OLB Tim Williams.
-
Fournette's injury issues eliminate him from early 1st consideration here...
If we took the players that fall at #1, #14/15 and #33 I'd be semi-happy...
- 1. Allen (DE/DT) - BAMA
- 12. Thomas (DE)
- 33. Kizer (QB)
Thomas is a good player, but I can't see dounbling down at DE this high.
So that #12 pick may be a tad problematic, but someone will fall to us should Trubs jump up... please be Foster... please be Foster...
If no one does fall, then a modest trade down can still land us a quality CB or maybe OLB Tim Williams.
Fournette's injury issues eliminate him from early 1st consideration here...
If we took the players that fall at #1, #14/15 and #33 I'd be semi-happy...
- 1. Allen (DE/DT) - BAMA
- 12. Thomas (DE)
- 33. Kizer (QB)
Thomas is a good player, but I can't see dounbling down at DE this high.
So that #12 pick may be a tad problematic, but someone will fall to us should Trubs jump up... please be Foster... please be Foster...
If no one does fall, then a modest trade down can still land us a quality CB or maybe OLB Tim Williams.
I have a feeling Malik Hooker will end up showing around that #12 spot, which would be lovely.
-
Yeah, no kidding about Hooker. He'd fill a huge need, and I heard someone say he's the best pure free safety prospect since Ed Reid. The problem with picking Hooker is...who do we get to be our damn QB? Can we really pass on Garrett? Do we really want another second or third round rookie QB prospect? Ugh....
-
Yeah, no kidding about Hooker. He'd fill a huge need, and I heard someone say he's the best pure free safety prospect since Ed Reid. The problem with picking Hooker is...who do we get to be our damn QB? Can we really pass on Garrett? Do we really want another second or third round rookie QB prospect? Ugh....
Yeah, no kidding about Hooker. He'd fill a huge need, and I heard someone say he's the best pure free safety prospect since Ed Reid. The problem with picking Hooker is...who do we get to be our damn QB? Can we really pass on Garrett? Do we really want another second or third round rookie QB prospect? Ugh....
If we don't take a QB with one of our first rounders, there's no point taking a QB to be honest.
But imagine a draft looking like Myles Garrett, Malik Hooker, Adoree' Jackson, Pat Elflein...I could live with it.
-
It's kinda fun having #1 and #12.

-
Hooker entering the picture helps push Foster down...
... but I would not mind Hooker being the pick.QB-wise... I really like Kizer at #33.
-
Notre Dame Homer?
Far from it, Sir Kilts-a-Lot. I have never been a fan of the Domers... just like Kizer's chances enough to spend the 33 on him.
-
Word is that Josh Allen QB from Wyoming may be declaring. From what I watched of him, he has the physical tools but is another project.
-
Notre Dame Homer?
Far from it, Sir Kilts-a-Lot. I have never been a fan of the Domers... just like Kizer's chances enough to spend the 33 on him.
Far from it, Sir Kilts-a-Lot. I have never been a fan of the Domers... just like Kizer's chances enough to spend the 33 on him.
Kizer is going to make 31 teams upset they passed on him, IMO. Not a ND fan in the least, save for the fact that I'm Catholic so I have to be.
His flaws are manageable and his strengths are franchise-material. There is something to be said for a guy who can drop dimes anywhere on the field while under pressure, which there is no denying Kizer can do. It's working out the kinks in the rest of his game that's the concern. Perfect pick for #33.
-
Far from it, Sir Kilts-a-Lot. I have never been a fan of the Domers... just like Kizer's chances enough to spend the 33 on him.
Kizer is going to make 31 teams upset they passed on him, IMO. Not a ND fan in the least, save for the fact that I'm Catholic so I have to be.
His flaws are manageable and his strengths are franchise-material. There is something to be said for a guy who can drop dimes anywhere on the field while under pressure, which there is no denying Kizer can do. It's working out the kinks in the rest of his game that's the concern. Perfect pick for #33.
Kizer is going to make 31 teams upset they passed on him, IMO. Not a ND fan in the least, save for the fact that I'm Catholic so I have to be.
His flaws are manageable and his strengths are franchise-material. There is something to be said for a guy who can drop dimes anywhere on the field while under pressure, which there is no denying Kizer can do. It's working out the kinks in the rest of his game that's the concern. Perfect pick for #33.
Do you think he will last till 33?
-
Kizer is going to make 31 teams upset they passed on him, IMO. Not a ND fan in the least, save for the fact that I'm Catholic so I have to be.
His flaws are manageable and his strengths are franchise-material. There is something to be said for a guy who can drop dimes anywhere on the field while under pressure, which there is no denying Kizer can do. It's working out the kinks in the rest of his game that's the concern. Perfect pick for #33.
Do you think he will last till 33?
Do you think he will last till 33?
I don't think so, but it sure would be nice. The Browns picking up 2 difference makers on defense in the first, and a prospect like Kizer at the top of the second would be titties.
-
Kizer is going to make 31 teams upset they passed on him, IMO. Not a ND fan in the least, save for the fact that I'm Catholic so I have to be.
His flaws are manageable and his strengths are franchise-material. There is something to be said for a guy who can drop dimes anywhere on the field while under pressure, which there is no denying Kizer can do. It's working out the kinks in the rest of his game that's the concern. Perfect pick for #33.
Do you think he will last till 33?
Do you think he will last till 33?
I don't. I could see a team like Arizona trading out to #20 or later and nabbing him there. Especially if Peppers or another top 5 guy slides down to 11 and a team like NY or Oakland thinks they are one playmaker away from making a run.
Kizer would fit in pretty well in an Arians offense.
-
Yeah, no kidding about Hooker. He'd fill a huge need, and I heard someone say he's the best pure free safety prospect since Ed Reid. The problem with picking Hooker is...who do we get to be our damn QB? Can we really pass on Garrett? Do we really want another second or third round rookie QB prospect? Ugh....
If we don't take a QB with one of our first rounders, there's no point taking a QB to be honest.
But imagine a draft looking like Myles Garrett, Malik Hooker, Adoree' Jackson, Pat Elflein...I could live with it.
-
Yeah, no kidding about Hooker. He'd fill a huge need, and I heard someone say he's the best pure free safety prospect since Ed Reid. The problem with picking Hooker is...who do we get to be our damn QB? Can we really pass on Garrett? Do we really want another second or third round rookie QB prospect? Ugh....
If we don't take a QB with one of our first rounders, there's no point taking a QB to be honest.
But imagine a draft looking like Myles Garrett, Malik Hooker, Adoree' Jackson, Pat Elflein...I could live with it.
If we don't take a QB with one of our first rounders, there's no point taking a QB to be honest.
But imagine a draft looking like Myles Garrett, Malik Hooker, Adoree' Jackson, Pat Elflein...I could live with it.
I wholeheartedly disagree - I think there's a number of talented project QB's that can be had in the second or third rounds that offer franchise potential if given time to sit.
I could very easily see us continuing with the RG3 experiment and having Kessler serve as backup while we groom a guy like Allen, Mahomes or Kizer (if he falls).
Allen would be my first choice if we go the route of project, as it would enable us to get difference makers with our first four picks. However, I still would prefer a Garrett/Trubisky 1/2 over anything else.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
