Draft Talk
-
I think IF:
We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...
SF then goes defense as well with Allen...
Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...
We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...
If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..
I think IF:
We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...
SF then goes defense as well with Allen...
Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...
We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...
If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..
You'll see any number of those QB needy teams that passed at the top of the first trading up into the backend to get ahead of us and get that fifth year option. Another year of (relatively) cheap franchise QB is a powerful reason to trade up and take him at 32 instead of 33 as well.
-
Not really, 8 bazillion doesn't exist.
Not really, 8 bazillion doesn't exist.
Only in Bazil.

-
Not really, 8 bazillion doesn't exist.
Only in Bazil.

Only in Bazil.

Haha
-
The guys on the radio show indicated they would be extremely happy with Myles Garrett at one, and either Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker at 12. The general feeling at this time is that neither safety will be available at 12, but it's SO EARLY. I'm not a draft historian, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of two safeties that went in the top 11 of the draft. The biggest issue with this approach is that it obviously doesn't address the 500 pound gorilla...AKA...the QB. Would I love to have a potential stud pass rusher, and possibly best player in the draft? Hell yes. Would I also like a potential play maker in the secondary? God yes, especially in a passing league. But...who the hell is throwing the ball?!
-
http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftsafeties.php
2006 - Huff (7) and Whitner (8)
1991 - Turner (2) and Richard (9)
I'm not a draft historian, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of two safeties that went in the top 11 of the draft.
-
Again, you have not been paying attention to the NFL much the last 20 years. In only 2 seasons in the last 20 did a QB not go in the Top 5. In about half those years 2 QBs went in the top 5.
One service identified the fact of the Top 6 teams in this draft, the #1 need for 4 of them is a QB
Watson and Trubisky WILL both go very high....unless one of them gets into a traffic accident and has an arm or leg amputated.
Its just an historical fact.
I've said I think a qb goes top 5, but I also think this is a week class and it will show during the draft. You are correct, historically things happen a certain way, but that doesn't mean it will happen that way when you have a weak class like that, espessially when you have a strong class of edge rushers and DL.
I've said I think a qb goes top 5, but I also think this is a week class and it will show during the draft. You are correct, historically things happen a certain way, but that doesn't mean it will happen that way when you have a weak class like that, espessially when you have a strong class of edge rushers and DL.
Except....that you are wrong....this is not that weak of a class of QBs.....at least not the top 2. Trub. and Watson will go Top 5...and they may deserve to do so (far more, in my opinion than Goff and Wentz deserved to go Top 5)
Not only that, I would wager a Margarita that at least 1 other QB goes in round one. Kizer or Kaaya likely.
And...having a strong class of edge rushers...if that is what you think, is all the more reason to wait on one. We can get a good one at #12. Perhaps even as good as at the top. I am of the opinion that the Barnett or Williams may be the equal or better than Garrett/Allen.
-
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)
Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB
Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, FB
Okay but what I'm looking for is what do you think? If I could pull this draft off(the one just posted above), would you think that we have a better team? In my opinion I would think that it would. I mean look at this roster...
QB- Trubisky
RB- Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey
FB- Stevenson
OL- Thomas, Bito, Elf, Greco, Blahblah?
TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve
WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer
DL- Hall, Bryant, Shelton, Nassib
OLB- Garrett, Kirksey, Collins, Ogbah
CB- Haden, Taylor, Body-count, Elder
S- Hooker, Evans, Kindred, Campbell/Poyer
K- Carlson
What do you think? I think that it would work! And with a team like that, if it works as it should, wouldn't need much attention or upgrading the following year. Drafting is just one aspect, DEVELOPING and RETAINING the developed talent is just as important. But I would think that with our draft capital that we could make it work and it would be an exciting team to watch grow together.
*oh yeah...
To make it work, because I don't think Trubisky will last till the second either, we could do something we never do and use next years capital this year to acquire all the parts. Then next draft we would have like a second rounder or something and we could pick up the future RT or LT.
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)
Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB
Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, FB
Okay but what I'm looking for is what do you think? If I could pull this draft off(the one just posted above), would you think that we have a better team? In my opinion I would think that it would. I mean look at this roster...
QB- Trubisky
RB- Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey
FB- Stevenson
OL- Thomas, Bito, Elf, Greco, Blahblah?
TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve
WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer
DL- Hall, Bryant, Shelton, Nassib
OLB- Garrett, Kirksey, Collins, Ogbah
CB- Haden, Taylor, Body-count, Elder
S- Hooker, Evans, Kindred, Campbell/Poyer
K- Carlson
What do you think? I think that it would work! And with a team like that, if it works as it should, wouldn't need much attention or upgrading the following year. DraYearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate*2003CaliforniaPac-10SOQB1321534961.629038.38.8195146.6*2004CaliforniaPac-10JRQB1220931666.125668.18.5248154.3CareerCalifornia42466563.854698.28.64313150.3fting is just one aspect, DEVELOPING and RETAINING the developed talent is just as important. But I would think that with our draft capital that we could make it work and it would be an exciting team to watch grow together.
*oh yeah...
To make it work, because I don't think Trubisky will last till the second either, we could do something we never do and use next years capital this year to acquire all the parts. Then next draft we would have like a second rounder or something and we could pick up the future RT or LT.
I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.
-
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)
Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB
Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, FB
Okay but what I'm looking for is what do you think? If I could pull this draft off(the one just posted above), would you think that we have a better team? In my opinion I would think that it would. I mean look at this roster...
QB- Trubisky
RB- Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey
FB- Stevenson
OL- Thomas, Bito, Elf, Greco, Blahblah?
TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve
WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer
DL- Hall, Bryant, Shelton, Nassib
OLB- Garrett, Kirksey, Collins, Ogbah
CB- Haden, Taylor, Body-count, Elder
S- Hooker, Evans, Kindred, Campbell/Poyer
K- Carlson
What do you think? I think that it would work! And with a team like that, if it works as it should, wouldn't need much attention or upgrading the following year. DraYearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate*2003CaliforniaPac-10SOQB1321534961.629038.38.8195146.6*2004CaliforniaPac-10JRQB1220931666.125668.18.5248154.3CareerCalifornia42466563.854698.28.64313150.3fting is just one aspect, DEVELOPING and RETAINING the developed talent is just as important. But I would think that with our draft capital that we could make it work and it would be an exciting team to watch grow together.
*oh yeah...
To make it work, because I don't think Trubisky will last till the second either, we could do something we never do and use next years capital this year to acquire all the parts. Then next draft we would have like a second rounder or something and we could pick up the future RT or LT.
I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.
I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.
I think they were meaningless from day 1. But to post 4000 different ones is just weird.
-
I think IF:
We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...
SF then goes defense as well with Allen...
Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...
We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...
If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..
You'll see any number of those QB needy teams that passed at the top of the first trading up into the backend to get ahead of us and get that fifth year option. Another year of (relatively) cheap franchise QB is a powerful reason to trade up and take him at 32 instead of 33 as well.
You'll see any number of those QB needy teams that passed at the top of the first trading up into the backend to get ahead of us and get that fifth year option. Another year of (relatively) cheap franchise QB is a powerful reason to trade up and take him at 32 instead of 33 as well.
Precisely.
-
The guys on the radio show indicated they would be extremely happy with Myles Garrett at one, and either Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker at 12. The general feeling at this time is that neither safety will be available at 12, but it's SO EARLY. I'm not a draft historian, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of two safeties that went in the top 11 of the draft. The biggest issue with this approach is that it obviously doesn't address the 500 pound gorilla...AKA...the QB. Would I love to have a potential stud pass rusher, and possibly best player in the draft? Hell yes. Would I also like a potential play maker in the secondary? God yes, especially in a passing league. But...who the hell is throwing the ball?!
The guys on the radio show indicated they would be extremely happy with Myles Garrett at one, and either Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker at 12. The general feeling at this time is that neither safety will be available at 12, but it's SO EARLY. I'm not a draft historian, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of two safeties that went in the top 11 of the draft. The biggest issue with this approach is that it obviously doesn't address the 500 pound gorilla...AKA...the QB. Would I love to have a potential stud pass rusher, and possibly best player in the draft? Hell yes. Would I also like a potential play maker in the secondary? God yes, especially in a passing league. But...who the hell is throwing the ball?!
Have you not been listening to a word that has been said on this board?
-
I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.
I think they were meaningless from day 1. But to post 4000 different ones is just weird.
-
I think IF:
We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...
SF then goes defense as well with Allen...
Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...
We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...
If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..
There's also a chance I wake up tomorrow morning with 8 bazillion dollars in the bank.
-
On a radio station here this morning they were asking what the Browns should do with their first picks in rounds 1. 2 and 3.....this guy said Myles Garrett should be first then at 12 one of the Gators CB's if available, then an OT and safety in round 2 and said we should draft Miami Hurricane's QB in round 3
-
Watched some cutups on Tim Williams.
Allen jumps off the screen next to him and further convinces me he's our pick. Saw him more than I did poor Timmy. Game changing ability on the interior. Violent and heavy hands like a street fight.
-
Here is a mock for this year....
http://www.thenfldraftinsider.com/nfldraftinsider-2017-nfl-mock-draft/
-
I love it when another player distracts me from scouting the player I'm trying to focus on.... but generally it's an unknown and not a stud I am already aware of.
I love it when another player distracts me from scouting the player I'm trying to focus on.... but generally it's an unknown and not a stud I am already aware of.
I felt the same way when I was watching the playoff game to see mostly Allen and Foster just jumps off the screen all over the field. Damn they have some players in the defense.
-
Edge rush draft...
Your score is: 11033 (GRADE: A)Your Picks:Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)Round 1 Pick 19 (T.B.): Tim Williams, OLB/DE, Alabama (A)Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A)Round 2 Pick 16 (BALT): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)Round 2 Pick 18: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (A)Round 2 Pick 19 (T.B.): Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana (A)Round 3 Pick 1: Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State (A-)Round 4 Pick 25 (N.E.): Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida (A+)Round 5 Pick 13 (ARI): Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A+)Round 5 Pick 20 (N.E.): Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU (A+)Round 5 Pick 32: Lorenzo Jerome, FS, Saint Francis (PA) (B+)Round 6 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+) -
Here is a mock for this year....
http://www.thenfldraftinsider.com/nfldraftinsider-2017-nfl-mock-draft/
Here is a mock for this year....
http://www.thenfldraftinsider.com/nfldraftinsider-2017-nfl-mock-draft/
If they pass on foster in favor of an RG3 clone, I'll lose my shit.
-
Ugh. Noah Brown came out.. He's really talented but he will probably fall to round 3.. if he's there, Browns should take him.. He would have been a rd1 in the 2018 draft
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
