Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)

    Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB

    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, FB

    Okay but what I'm looking for is what do you think? If I could pull this draft off(the one just posted above), would you think that we have a better team? In my opinion I would think that it would. I mean look at this roster...

    QB- Trubisky

    RB- Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey

    FB- Stevenson

    OL- Thomas, Bito, Elf, Greco, Blahblah?

    TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve

    WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer

    DL- Hall, Bryant, Shelton, Nassib

    OLB- Garrett, Kirksey, Collins, Ogbah

    CB- Haden, Taylor, Body-count, Elder

    S- Hooker, Evans, Kindred, Campbell/Poyer

    K- Carlson

    What do you think? I think that it would work! And with a team like that, if it works as it should, wouldn't need much attention or upgrading the following year. Drafting is just one aspect, DEVELOPING and RETAINING the developed talent is just as important. But I would think that with our draft capital that we could make it work and it would be an exciting team to watch grow together.

    *oh yeah...

    To make it work, because I don't think Trubisky will last till the second either, we could do something we never do and use next years capital this year to acquire all the parts. Then next draft we would have like a second rounder or something and we could pick up the future RT or LT.

    @poeticg said:

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)

    Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB

    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, FB

    Okay but what I'm looking for is what do you think? If I could pull this draft off(the one just posted above), would you think that we have a better team? In my opinion I would think that it would. I mean look at this roster...

    QB- Trubisky

    RB- Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey

    FB- Stevenson

    OL- Thomas, Bito, Elf, Greco, Blahblah?

    TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve

    WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer

    DL- Hall, Bryant, Shelton, Nassib

    OLB- Garrett, Kirksey, Collins, Ogbah

    CB- Haden, Taylor, Body-count, Elder

    S- Hooker, Evans, Kindred, Campbell/Poyer

    K- Carlson

    What do you think? I think that it would work! And with a team like that, if it works as it should, wouldn't need much attention or upgrading the following year. DraYearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate*2003CaliforniaPac-10SOQB1321534961.629038.38.8195146.6*2004CaliforniaPac-10JRQB1220931666.125668.18.5248154.3CareerCalifornia42466563.854698.28.64313150.3fting is just one aspect, DEVELOPING and RETAINING the developed talent is just as important. But I would think that with our draft capital that we could make it work and it would be an exciting team to watch grow together.

    *oh yeah...

    To make it work, because I don't think Trubisky will last till the second either, we could do something we never do and use next years capital this year to acquire all the parts. Then next draft we would have like a second rounder or something and we could pick up the future RT or LT.

    I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.

  • @poeticg said:

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)

    Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB

    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, FB

    Okay but what I'm looking for is what do you think? If I could pull this draft off(the one just posted above), would you think that we have a better team? In my opinion I would think that it would. I mean look at this roster...

    QB- Trubisky

    RB- Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey

    FB- Stevenson

    OL- Thomas, Bito, Elf, Greco, Blahblah?

    TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve

    WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer

    DL- Hall, Bryant, Shelton, Nassib

    OLB- Garrett, Kirksey, Collins, Ogbah

    CB- Haden, Taylor, Body-count, Elder

    S- Hooker, Evans, Kindred, Campbell/Poyer

    K- Carlson

    What do you think? I think that it would work! And with a team like that, if it works as it should, wouldn't need much attention or upgrading the following year. DraYearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate*2003CaliforniaPac-10SOQB1321534961.629038.38.8195146.6*2004CaliforniaPac-10JRQB1220931666.125668.18.5248154.3CareerCalifornia42466563.854698.28.64313150.3fting is just one aspect, DEVELOPING and RETAINING the developed talent is just as important. But I would think that with our draft capital that we could make it work and it would be an exciting team to watch grow together.

    *oh yeah...

    To make it work, because I don't think Trubisky will last till the second either, we could do something we never do and use next years capital this year to acquire all the parts. Then next draft we would have like a second rounder or something and we could pick up the future RT or LT.

    I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.

    I think they were meaningless from day 1. But to post 4000 different ones is just weird.

  • @poeticg said:

    I think IF:

    We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...

    SF then goes defense as well with Allen...

    Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...

    We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...

    If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..

    You'll see any number of those QB needy teams that passed at the top of the first trading up into the backend to get ahead of us and get that fifth year option. Another year of (relatively) cheap franchise QB is a powerful reason to trade up and take him at 32 instead of 33 as well.

    @gftchris said:

    You'll see any number of those QB needy teams that passed at the top of the first trading up into the backend to get ahead of us and get that fifth year option. Another year of (relatively) cheap franchise QB is a powerful reason to trade up and take him at 32 instead of 33 as well.

    Precisely.

  • The guys on the radio show indicated they would be extremely happy with Myles Garrett at one, and either Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker at 12. The general feeling at this time is that neither safety will be available at 12, but it's SO EARLY. I'm not a draft historian, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of two safeties that went in the top 11 of the draft. The biggest issue with this approach is that it obviously doesn't address the 500 pound gorilla...AKA...the QB. Would I love to have a potential stud pass rusher, and possibly best player in the draft? Hell yes. Would I also like a potential play maker in the secondary? God yes, especially in a passing league. But...who the hell is throwing the ball?!

    @jiggins7919 said:

    The guys on the radio show indicated they would be extremely happy with Myles Garrett at one, and either Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker at 12. The general feeling at this time is that neither safety will be available at 12, but it's SO EARLY. I'm not a draft historian, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of two safeties that went in the top 11 of the draft. The biggest issue with this approach is that it obviously doesn't address the 500 pound gorilla...AKA...the QB. Would I love to have a potential stud pass rusher, and possibly best player in the draft? Hell yes. Would I also like a potential play maker in the secondary? God yes, especially in a passing league. But...who the hell is throwing the ball?!

    Have you not been listening to a word that has been said on this board?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.

    I think they were meaningless from day 1. But to post 4000 different ones is just weird.

    @mark-o said:

    I think they were meaningless from day 1. But to post 4000 different ones is just weird.

    Precisely.

  • @poeticg said:

    I think IF:

    We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...

    SF then goes defense as well with Allen...

    Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...

    We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...

    If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..

    There's also a chance I wake up tomorrow morning with 8 bazillion dollars in the bank.

    Gotta love opinion policing... 😎

    @mark-o said:

    There's also a chance I wake up tomorrow morning with 8 bazillion dollars in the bank.

    Russian fairies could make it happen...

    If Trubs starts falling we can always arrest his fall at #22!

  • On a radio station here this morning they were asking what the Browns should do with their first picks in rounds 1. 2 and 3.....this guy said Myles Garrett should be first then at 12 one of the Gators CB's if available, then an OT and safety in round 2 and said we should draft Miami Hurricane's QB in round 3

  • Watched some cutups on Tim Williams.

    Allen jumps off the screen next to him and further convinces me he's our pick. Saw him more than I did poor Timmy. Game changing ability on the interior. Violent and heavy hands like a street fight.

  • I love it when another player distracts me from scouting the player I'm trying to focus on.... but generally it's an unknown and not a stud I am already aware of.

  • I love it when another player distracts me from scouting the player I'm trying to focus on.... but generally it's an unknown and not a stud I am already aware of.

    @tour2ma said:

    I love it when another player distracts me from scouting the player I'm trying to focus on.... but generally it's an unknown and not a stud I am already aware of.

    I felt the same way when I was watching the playoff game to see mostly Allen and Foster just jumps off the screen all over the field. Damn they have some players in the defense.

  • Edge rush draft...

    Your score is: 11033 (GRADE: A)
    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 19 (T.B.): Tim Williams, OLB/DE, Alabama (A)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16 (BALT): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 18: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (A)
    Round 2 Pick 19 (T.B.): Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana (A)
    Round 3 Pick 1: Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 25 (N.E.): Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 13 (ARI): Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 20 (N.E.): Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 32: Lorenzo Jerome, FS, Saint Francis (PA) (B+)
    Round 6 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
  • @darren15 said:

    Here is a mock for this year....

    http://www.thenfldraftinsider.com/nfldraftinsider-2017-nfl-mock-draft/

    If they pass on foster in favor of an RG3 clone, I'll lose my shit.

  • Ugh. Noah Brown came out.. He's really talented but he will probably fall to round 3.. if he's there, Browns should take him.. He would have been a rd1 in the 2018 draft

  • Watched some cutups on Tim Williams.

    Allen jumps off the screen next to him and further convinces me he's our pick. Saw him more than I did poor Timmy. Game changing ability on the interior. Violent and heavy hands like a street fight.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Watched some cutups on Tim Williams.

    Allen jumps off the screen next to him and further convinces me he's our pick. Saw him more than I did poor Timmy. Game changing ability on the interior. Violent and heavy hands like a street fight.

    Starting to doubt your edge evals now. You don't like Garrett. Or Barnett. Or Williams. Starting to sound like Gipper zeroing in on your guy.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Watched some cutups on Tim Williams.

    Allen jumps off the screen next to him and further convinces me he's our pick. Saw him more than I did poor Timmy. Game changing ability on the interior. Violent and heavy hands like a street fight.

    Starting to doubt your edge evals now. You don't like Garrett. Or Barnett. Or Williams. Starting to sound like Gipper zeroing in on your guy.

    @wargograw said:

    Starting to doubt your edge evals now. You don't like Garrett. Or Barnett. Or Williams. Starting to sound like Gipper zeroing in on your guy.

    Wasn't aware I ever said I didnt like Garrett or Williams...?

  • @wargograw said:

    Starting to doubt your edge evals now. You don't like Garrett. Or Barnett. Or Williams. Starting to sound like Gipper zeroing in on your guy.

    Wasn't aware I ever said I didnt like Garrett or Williams...?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Wasn't aware I ever said I didnt like Garrett or Williams...?

    I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you didn't like Williams. Maybe a month ago?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Wasn't aware I ever said I didnt like Garrett or Williams...?

    I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you didn't like Williams. Maybe a month ago?

    @gftchris said:

    I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you didn't like Williams. Maybe a month ago?

    Twas not I.

    Barnett perhaps is what you remember.

  • @gftchris said:

    I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you didn't like Williams. Maybe a month ago?

    Twas not I.

    Barnett perhaps is what you remember.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Twas not I.

    Barnett perhaps is what you remember.

    Speaking of which, I went back and looked at Barnett on film yesterday against Florida (which is said to be the game he had the greatest impact in).

    I found Barnett was used a lot like Kam Wimbley was back in the Micky Andrews Wide 9 alignment at Florida State (which is merely lining him up where the TE is or would be). Outside of a couple guys, a lot of the Florida State edge rushers were busts in the NFL. Kam had a nice rookie year with us but I don't think he ever reached the best football ahead thing after his rookie year. He stayed in the league a while, which is more than I can say for a lot of FSU edge rushers before/after him. Another thing about the Wide 9 alignment was it placed him a lot closer to the flats in case there were any quick throws to the RBs. The NFL didn't make it that easy. Once teams started to see he was a good pass rusher, they began to challenge the flats or run right at him to the extent we never gave him a second contract (as someone we deemed a first round talent ahead of where Haloti Ngata was taken)

    Anyway, in the Florida game youtube I found for Barnett (about 3:54 into an 8 minute video) - it shows him lining up over the TE or way out where one would be lined up when there was only an OT on his side of the formation so he could sprint right around the tackle that had real difficulty getting into position to block him. I strongly advise people researching prospects to make sure they see what the majority of sacks and/or tackles for losses are coming against in terms of formation and quality of opponents. Here's a link of what I'm talking about - again pay particular attention to how wide they like to line him up about 3 minutes and 54seconds into the 8 minute video. https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=Derek+Barnett+youtube+video+vrs+Florida#id=2&vid=6eb47c508f2c523500c0fc22d6083c75&action=click

  • The big thing that jumped off the screen to me was Barnett's first step... or in this case, lack of.

    He plays extremely heavy footed, doesn't have the burst to threaten the edge. His hands are not as heavy and as violent as you'd like your pass rusher to be, he also has a tendency to get into the tackle and dance

    with him as opposed to trying to work by or around him. Watched 5 cutups and can't think of many moments I was impressed.

    Shane Ray and Bosa were the last DE's I watched that had the motor which immediately stands out.