Draft Talk
-
Ugh. Noah Brown came out.. He's really talented but he will probably fall to round 3.. if he's there, Browns should take him.. He would have been a rd1 in the 2018 draft
-
Watched some cutups on Tim Williams.
Allen jumps off the screen next to him and further convinces me he's our pick. Saw him more than I did poor Timmy. Game changing ability on the interior. Violent and heavy hands like a street fight.
Watched some cutups on Tim Williams.
Allen jumps off the screen next to him and further convinces me he's our pick. Saw him more than I did poor Timmy. Game changing ability on the interior. Violent and heavy hands like a street fight.
Starting to doubt your edge evals now. You don't like Garrett. Or Barnett. Or Williams. Starting to sound like Gipper zeroing in on your guy.
-
Watched some cutups on Tim Williams.
Allen jumps off the screen next to him and further convinces me he's our pick. Saw him more than I did poor Timmy. Game changing ability on the interior. Violent and heavy hands like a street fight.
Starting to doubt your edge evals now. You don't like Garrett. Or Barnett. Or Williams. Starting to sound like Gipper zeroing in on your guy.
Starting to doubt your edge evals now. You don't like Garrett. Or Barnett. Or Williams. Starting to sound like Gipper zeroing in on your guy.
Wasn't aware I ever said I didnt like Garrett or Williams...?
-
Starting to doubt your edge evals now. You don't like Garrett. Or Barnett. Or Williams. Starting to sound like Gipper zeroing in on your guy.
Wasn't aware I ever said I didnt like Garrett or Williams...?
-
-
Twas not I.
Barnett perhaps is what you remember.
Speaking of which, I went back and looked at Barnett on film yesterday against Florida (which is said to be the game he had the greatest impact in).
I found Barnett was used a lot like Kam Wimbley was back in the Micky Andrews Wide 9 alignment at Florida State (which is merely lining him up where the TE is or would be). Outside of a couple guys, a lot of the Florida State edge rushers were busts in the NFL. Kam had a nice rookie year with us but I don't think he ever reached the best football ahead thing after his rookie year. He stayed in the league a while, which is more than I can say for a lot of FSU edge rushers before/after him. Another thing about the Wide 9 alignment was it placed him a lot closer to the flats in case there were any quick throws to the RBs. The NFL didn't make it that easy. Once teams started to see he was a good pass rusher, they began to challenge the flats or run right at him to the extent we never gave him a second contract (as someone we deemed a first round talent ahead of where Haloti Ngata was taken)
Anyway, in the Florida game youtube I found for Barnett (about 3:54 into an 8 minute video) - it shows him lining up over the TE or way out where one would be lined up when there was only an OT on his side of the formation so he could sprint right around the tackle that had real difficulty getting into position to block him. I strongly advise people researching prospects to make sure they see what the majority of sacks and/or tackles for losses are coming against in terms of formation and quality of opponents. Here's a link of what I'm talking about - again pay particular attention to how wide they like to line him up about 3 minutes and 54seconds into the 8 minute video. https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=Derek+Barnett+youtube+video+vrs+Florida#id=2&vid=6eb47c508f2c523500c0fc22d6083c75&action=click
-
The big thing that jumped off the screen to me was Barnett's first step... or in this case, lack of.
He plays extremely heavy footed, doesn't have the burst to threaten the edge. His hands are not as heavy and as violent as you'd like your pass rusher to be, he also has a tendency to get into the tackle and dance
with him as opposed to trying to work by or around him. Watched 5 cutups and can't think of many moments I was impressed.
Shane Ray and Bosa were the last DE's I watched that had the motor which immediately stands out.
-
The big thing that jumped off the screen to me was Barnett's first step... or in this case, lack of.
He plays extremely heavy footed, doesn't have the burst to threaten the edge. His hands are not as heavy and as violent as you'd like your pass rusher to be, he also has a tendency to get into the tackle and dance
with him as opposed to trying to work by or around him. Watched 5 cutups and can't think of many moments I was impressed.
Shane Ray and Bosa were the last DE's I watched that had the motor which immediately stands out.
The big thing that jumped off the screen to me was Barnett's first step... or in this case, lack of.
He plays extremely heavy footed, doesn't have the burst to threaten the edge. His hands are not as heavy and as violent as you'd like your pass rusher to be, he also has a tendency to get into the tackle and dance
with him as opposed to trying to work by or around him. Watched 5 cutups and can't think of many moments I was impressed.
Shane Ray and Bosa were the last DE's I watched that had the motor which immediately stands out.
Yeah, film doesn't lie about a guy. I went back and added a link to show how UT schemed him against Florida in a wide 9 alignment (whether there was a TE or not). The goal was to keep him away from the OT or far enough to where the OT would struggle to pass pro him effectively. I'm more impressed with the scheme than Barnett. Not that 2 sacks and some tackles for losses was a bad day per say. You just have to ask/project how he'd do when NFL teams want him lining up over the tackle or on his outside shoulder.
-
You just called him poor Timmy. And not like "poor timmy's wife cheated on him again," or "poor Timmy can't even afford a pack of gum." I see no common usage of the word poor in your post except suggesting he's not very good.
If that's not the case, then just tell us what your take is. "Allen's really good" doesn't count.
-
@ghoolie said:
Turbisky.
There is no option at #1. Any other move is the move of an asshole organization. ANy other discussion is the measure of an asshole fan.
Turbisky.
Would you rather Trubisky or Lynch?
-
@ghoolie said:
Turbisky.
There is no option at #1. Any other move is the move of an asshole organization. ANy other discussion is the measure of an asshole fan.
Turbisky.
Would you rather Trubisky or Lynch?
-
or turbisky?
He must be the #1 talent in this draft and I missed him. Because surely they aren't talking about Trubisky.
-
Here is a mock for this year....
http://www.thenfldraftinsider.com/nfldraftinsider-2017-nfl-mock-draft/
If they pass on foster in favor of an RG3 clone, I'll lose my shit.
If they pass on foster in favor of an RG3 clone, I'll lose my shit.
Per the theory put forth by WSS.....Hue will push for the AfAm QB above all else.
Though.....lets do look at this, for all of you slobbering over the list of Alabama defenders:
DeShaun Watson put up almost 500 yards of total offense and 40 points on this Alabama defense last year.
So, some consideration has to be given to that.
-
Watched some cutups on Tim Williams.
Allen jumps off the screen next to him and further convinces me he's our pick. Saw him more than I did poor Timmy. Game changing ability on the interior. Violent and heavy hands like a street fight.
Starting to doubt your edge evals now. You don't like Garrett. Or Barnett. Or Williams. Starting to sound like Gipper zeroing in on your guy.
Starting to doubt your edge evals now. You don't like Garrett. Or Barnett. Or Williams. Starting to sound like Gipper zeroing in on your guy.
I think perhaps what he is saying is that he doesn't see anything that distinquishes one from the other....and that be it Garrett/Barnett/Williams, getting any one of them may be satisfactory.
-
Twas not I.
Barnett perhaps is what you remember.
Speaking of which, I went back and looked at Barnett on film yesterday against Florida (which is said to be the game he had the greatest impact in).
I found Barnett was used a lot like Kam Wimbley was back in the Micky Andrews Wide 9 alignment at Florida State (which is merely lining him up where the TE is or would be). Outside of a couple guys, a lot of the Florida State edge rushers were busts in the NFL. Kam had a nice rookie year with us but I don't think he ever reached the best football ahead thing after his rookie year. He stayed in the league a while, which is more than I can say for a lot of FSU edge rushers before/after him. Another thing about the Wide 9 alignment was it placed him a lot closer to the flats in case there were any quick throws to the RBs. The NFL didn't make it that easy. Once teams started to see he was a good pass rusher, they began to challenge the flats or run right at him to the extent we never gave him a second contract (as someone we deemed a first round talent ahead of where Haloti Ngata was taken)
Anyway, in the Florida game youtube I found for Barnett (about 3:54 into an 8 minute video) - it shows him lining up over the TE or way out where one would be lined up when there was only an OT on his side of the formation so he could sprint right around the tackle that had real difficulty getting into position to block him. I strongly advise people researching prospects to make sure they see what the majority of sacks and/or tackles for losses are coming against in terms of formation and quality of opponents. Here's a link of what I'm talking about - again pay particular attention to how wide they like to line him up about 3 minutes and 54seconds into the 8 minute video. https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=Derek+Barnett+youtube+video+vrs+Florida#id=2&vid=6eb47c508f2c523500c0fc22d6083c75&action=click
Speaking of which, I went back and looked at Barnett on film yesterday against Florida (which is said to be the game he had the greatest impact in).
I found Barnett was used a lot like Kam Wimbley was back in the Micky Andrews Wide 9 alignment at Florida State (which is merely lining him up where the TE is or would be). Outside of a couple guys, a lot of the Florida State edge rushers were busts in the NFL. Kam had a nice rookie year with us but I don't think he ever reached the best football ahead thing after his rookie year. He stayed in the league a while, which is more than I can say for a lot of FSU edge rushers before/after him. Another thing about the Wide 9 alignment was it placed him a lot closer to the flats in case there were any quick throws to the RBs. The NFL didn't make it that easy. Once teams started to see he was a good pass rusher, they began to challenge the flats or run right at him to the extent we never gave him a second contract (as someone we deemed a first round talent ahead of where Haloti Ngata was taken)
Anyway, in the Florida game youtube I found for Barnett (about 3:54 into an 8 minute video) - it shows him lining up over the TE or way out where one would be lined up when there was only an OT on his side of the formation so he could sprint right around the tackle that had real difficulty getting into position to block him. I strongly advise people researching prospects to make sure they see what the majority of sacks and/or tackles for losses are coming against in terms of formation and quality of opponents. Here's a link of what I'm talking about - again pay particular attention to how wide they like to line him up about 3 minutes and 54seconds into the 8 minute video. https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=Derek+Barnett+youtube+video+vrs+Florida#id=2&vid=6eb47c508f2c523500c0fc22d6083c75&action=click
Goody. Let's draft another Kam Wimbley.
-
If they pass on foster in favor of an RG3 clone, I'll lose my shit.
Per the theory put forth by WSS.....Hue will push for the AfAm QB above all else.
Though.....lets do look at this, for all of you slobbering over the list of Alabama defenders:
DeShaun Watson put up almost 500 yards of total offense and 40 points on this Alabama defense last year.
So, some consideration has to be given to that.
Per the theory put forth by WSS.....Hue will push for the AfAm QB above all else.
Though.....lets do look at this, for all of you slobbering over the list of Alabama defenders:
DeShaun Watson put up almost 500 yards of total offense and 40 points on this Alabama defense last year.
So, some consideration has to be given to that.
Most college coaches would pick Watson to QB their squad.
If the Cleveland University Browns get a chance to pick him up, it's a no brainer.
Edit: to be fair, the Cleveland University Browns wouldn't even need him if they picked Manziel or Weeden or RG3.
-
Per the theory put forth by WSS.....Hue will push for the AfAm QB above all else.
Though.....lets do look at this, for all of you slobbering over the list of Alabama defenders:
DeShaun Watson put up almost 500 yards of total offense and 40 points on this Alabama defense last year.
So, some consideration has to be given to that.
Most college coaches would pick Watson to QB their squad.
If the Cleveland University Browns get a chance to pick him up, it's a no brainer.
Edit: to be fair, the Cleveland University Browns wouldn't even need him if they picked Manziel or Weeden or RG3.
Most college coaches would pick Watson to QB their squad.
If the Cleveland University Browns get a chance to pick him up, it's a no brainer.
Edit: to be fair, the Cleveland University Browns wouldn't even need him if they picked Manziel or Weeden or RG3.
It is the Cleveland State University Vikings, thank you (one of my alma maters).....and they don't even have a football team. Never have, and I don't know why. Money I guess.

-
If they pass on foster in favor of an RG3 clone, I'll lose my shit.
Per the theory put forth by WSS.....Hue will push for the AfAm QB above all else.
Though.....lets do look at this, for all of you slobbering over the list of Alabama defenders:
DeShaun Watson put up almost 500 yards of total offense and 40 points on this Alabama defense last year.
So, some consideration has to be given to that.
Per the theory put forth by WSS.....Hue will push for the AfAm QB above all else.
Though.....lets do look at this, for all of you slobbering over the list of Alabama defenders:
DeShaun Watson put up almost 500 yards of total offense and 40 points on this Alabama defense last year.
So, some consideration has to be given to that.
Two things.
1. Hue already got his "dream" QBs in Kessler & RG III so he doesn't get anymore-defense's turn.
2. This ain't last year's Bama D by a longshot. Lot of underclassmen on it who are far better than the ones who left. Hell Tony Brown is a second string Jr. DB who was 5***** coming out of Texas and considered then to be the best athlete in the state. He comes in now as the nickel back or if someone is hurt or needs a break. There are 4 sophs and 2 Jrs. starting on their defense, one of the best I have ever seen at the college level. The Browns could play them all and be in most games we play all season.
-
Per the theory put forth by WSS.....Hue will push for the AfAm QB above all else.
Though.....lets do look at this, for all of you slobbering over the list of Alabama defenders:
DeShaun Watson put up almost 500 yards of total offense and 40 points on this Alabama defense last year.
So, some consideration has to be given to that.
Two things.
1. Hue already got his "dream" QBs in Kessler & RG III so he doesn't get anymore-defense's turn.
2. This ain't last year's Bama D by a longshot. Lot of underclassmen on it who are far better than the ones who left. Hell Tony Brown is a second string Jr. DB who was 5***** coming out of Texas and considered then to be the best athlete in the state. He comes in now as the nickel back or if someone is hurt or needs a break. There are 4 sophs and 2 Jrs. starting on their defense, one of the best I have ever seen at the college level. The Browns could play them all and be in most games we play all season.
Two things.
1. Hue already got his "dream" QBs in Kessler & RG III so he doesn't get anymore-defense's turn.

2. This ain't last year's Bama D by a longshot. Lot of underclassmen on it who are far better than the ones who left. Hell Tony Brown is a second string Jr. DB who was 5***** coming out of Texas and considered then to be the best athlete in the state. He comes in now as the nickel back or if someone is hurt or needs a break. There are 4 sophs and 2 Jrs. starting on their defense, one of the best I have ever seen at the college level. The Browns could play them all and be in most games we play all season.
And how does this keep Alabama from boring the life out of me?
-
Two things.
1. Hue already got his "dream" QBs in Kessler & RG III so he doesn't get anymore-defense's turn.

2. This ain't last year's Bama D by a longshot. Lot of underclassmen on it who are far better than the ones who left. Hell Tony Brown is a second string Jr. DB who was 5***** coming out of Texas and considered then to be the best athlete in the state. He comes in now as the nickel back or if someone is hurt or needs a break. There are 4 sophs and 2 Jrs. starting on their defense, one of the best I have ever seen at the college level. The Browns could play them all and be in most games we play all season.
And how does this keep Alabama from boring the life out of me?
And how does this keep Alabama from boring the life out of me?
Because you don't appreciate great Defense. Not my fault that bores you.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login