Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • Not a top pick, but there is a guy named JT Barrett on a central Ohio team that is having a pretty good year.

  • Not a top pick, but there is a guy named JT Barrett on a central Ohio team that is having a pretty good year.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not a top pick, but there is a guy named JT Barrett on a central Ohio team that is having a pretty good year.

    The next great Browns receiver?

  • I watched the VT/UNC game. Trubisky looked pretty atrocious.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I watched the VT/UNC game. Trubisky looked pretty atrocious.

    Rain in a spread offense. He'll be aight.

  • Oh, I want to keep a close watch on this kid. According to this article... Trubisky has not thrown an interception

    this season yet. He may be the Carson Wentz of the next draft. I'm impressed.

    http://www.todayspigskin.com/nfl-draft/getting-know-tar-heels-qb-mitch-trubisky-nfl-draft-prospect/

  • LOLLOL

    I just saw this. Seriously, this is funny as hell. OMG, this is great. I seriously didn't see this before my previous post.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667967-matt-millers-week-5-nfl-scouting-notebook-a-new-qb-rising-up-qb-draft-boards#

    5. QB Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina

    It's impossible to watch North Carolina junior Mitch Trubisky move around in the pocket and make gunslinger-type throws and not think you're seeing a smaller Carson Wentz. Or at least that's what I thought after reviewing three 2016 games and then a mashup of his 2015 snaps.

    Trubisky, at 6'3" and 220 pounds, doesn't have Wentz's size, but he makes similar plays in and out of the pocket, allowing his 4.6 speed to set up plays for his arm and legs. And like Wentz, Trubisky is playing mistake-free football (13 TDs, 0 INTs this year) while attacking down the field on a regular rate in the Tar Heels offense.

  • LOLLOL

    I just saw this. Seriously, this is funny as hell. OMG, this is great. I seriously didn't see this before my previous post.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667967-matt-millers-week-5-nfl-scouting-notebook-a-new-qb-rising-up-qb-draft-boards#

    5. QB Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina

    It's impossible to watch North Carolina junior Mitch Trubisky move around in the pocket and make gunslinger-type throws and not think you're seeing a smaller Carson Wentz. Or at least that's what I thought after reviewing three 2016 games and then a mashup of his 2015 snaps.

    Trubisky, at 6'3" and 220 pounds, doesn't have Wentz's size, but he makes similar plays in and out of the pocket, allowing his 4.6 speed to set up plays for his arm and legs. And like Wentz, Trubisky is playing mistake-free football (13 TDs, 0 INTs this year) while attacking down the field on a regular rate in the Tar Heels offense.

    @calfoxwc said:

    LOLLOL

    I just saw this. Seriously, this is funny as hell. OMG, this is great. I seriously didn't see this before my previous post.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667967-matt-millers-week-5-nfl-scouting-notebook-a-new-qb-rising-up-qb-draft-boards#

    5. QB Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina

    It's impossible to watch North Carolina junior Mitch Trubisky move around in the pocket and make gunslinger-type throws and not think you're seeing a smaller Carson Wentz. Or at least that's what I thought after reviewing three 2016 games and then a mashup of his 2015 snaps.

    Trubisky, at 6'3" and 220 pounds, doesn't have Wentz's size, but he makes similar plays in and out of the pocket, allowing his 4.6 speed to set up plays for his arm and legs. And like Wentz, Trubisky is playing mistake-free football (13 TDs, 0 INTs this year) while attacking down the field on a regular rate in the Tar Heels offense.

    He's a similar prospect in that he has some brilliant moves but then there's a bunch of other aspects to his game that are questionable.

    He's intriguing, but his game last week was pretty awful. Granted, it was in a hurricane. I do like him, though.

  • "Granted, it was in a hurricane" - a somewhat mitigating factor, I guess...!

  • @mld-woody said:

    Mason Cole is a very good center, but I don't think he's leaving.

    This came from I think CBS Sports, and they had him listed as a probable draftee next year. But, sure, half the guys that are drafted probably have the option to stay in school.

    @the-gipper said:

    This came from I think CBS Sports, and they had him listed as a probable draftee next year. But, sure, half the guys that are drafted probably have the option to stay in school.

    I realize he's draft eligible, I just don't think he's leaving.

  • Not a top pick, but there is a guy named JT Barrett on a central Ohio team that is having a pretty good year.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not a top pick, but there is a guy named JT Barrett on a central Ohio team that is having a pretty good year.

    Did you take last Saturday off?

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    Anybody see this Mitch Trubisky QB? Tony grossi said something about him being a sleeper qb the other day and he just had a huge game against a ranked opponent he's also a local kid from Mentor,OH

    This the guy I REALLY like. Just watched him beat my Seminoles, and he's unflappable. Additionally, his childhood dream is to play QB for the Cleveland Browns, AND his nickname is "Mr. Biscuit." How well does that go with the Dawg Pound?? Hahahaha.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This the guy I REALLY like. Just watched him beat my Seminoles, and he's unflappable. Additionally, his childhood dream is to play QB for the Cleveland Browns, AND his nickname is "Mr. Biscuit." How well does that go with the Dawg Pound?? Hahahaha.

    You had me at Mr. Biscuit
  • @cainedesoulis said:

    Anybody see this Mitch Trubisky QB? Tony grossi said something about him being a sleeper qb the other day and he just had a huge game against a ranked opponent he's also a local kid from Mentor,OH

    This the guy I REALLY like. Just watched him beat my Seminoles, and he's unflappable. Additionally, his childhood dream is to play QB for the Cleveland Browns, AND his nickname is "Mr. Biscuit." How well does that go with the Dawg Pound?? Hahahaha.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This the guy I REALLY like. Just watched him beat my Seminoles, and he's unflappable. Additionally, his childhood dream is to play QB for the Cleveland Browns, AND his nickname is "Mr. Biscuit." How well does that go with the Dawg Pound?? Hahahaha.

    Personal

    His nickname is “Mr. Biscuit” • If he could choose an NFL team to play for, it would be the Cleveland Browns • His dream job is a head football coach at a university • His New Year’s resolution was to call his family more often • Favorite TV show is “How I Met Your Mother” • Wears No. 10 because it was his father’s high school number • Favorite off-day activity is golfing or watching movies • The people who had the biggest impact on his life are Dave and Jeanne Trubisky, his parents • Exercise and sport science major • Birthday is August 20.

    That is pretty cool.

  • i think Kizer had a similar day 9-26 and an INT. Hurricanes are not the best thing for QB's lol have to give them both passes

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This the guy I REALLY like. Just watched him beat my Seminoles, and he's unflappable. Additionally, his childhood dream is to play QB for the Cleveland Browns, AND his nickname is "Mr. Biscuit." How well does that go with the Dawg Pound?? Hahahaha.

    Personal

    His nickname is “Mr. Biscuit” • If he could choose an NFL team to play for, it would be the Cleveland Browns • His dream job is a head football coach at a university • His New Year’s resolution was to call his family more often • Favorite TV show is “How I Met Your Mother” • Wears No. 10 because it was his father’s high school number • Favorite off-day activity is golfing or watching movies • The people who had the biggest impact on his life are Dave and Jeanne Trubisky, his parents • Exercise and sport science major • Birthday is August 20.

    That is pretty cool.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Personal

    His nickname is Mr. Biscuit If he could choose an NFL team to play for, it would be the Cleveland Browns His dream job is a head football coach at a university His New Years resolution was to call his family more often Favorite TV show is How I Met Your Mother Wears No. 10 because it was his fathers high school number Favorite off-day activity is golfing or watching movies The people who had the biggest impact on his life are Dave and Jeanne Trubisky, his parents Exercise and sport science major Birthday is August 20.

    That is pretty cool.

    How I Met Your Mother?

    Well, he's off my board now.....

  • LOLLOL

    I just saw this. Seriously, this is funny as hell. OMG, this is great. I seriously didn't see this before my previous post.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667967-matt-millers-week-5-nfl-scouting-notebook-a-new-qb-rising-up-qb-draft-boards#

    5. QB Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina

    It's impossible to watch North Carolina junior Mitch Trubisky move around in the pocket and make gunslinger-type throws and not think you're seeing a smaller Carson Wentz. Or at least that's what I thought after reviewing three 2016 games and then a mashup of his 2015 snaps.

    Trubisky, at 6'3" and 220 pounds, doesn't have Wentz's size, but he makes similar plays in and out of the pocket, allowing his 4.6 speed to set up plays for his arm and legs. And like Wentz, Trubisky is playing mistake-free football (13 TDs, 0 INTs this year) while attacking down the field on a regular rate in the Tar Heels offense.

    @calfoxwc said:

    LOLLOL

    I just saw this. Seriously, this is funny as hell. OMG, this is great. I seriously didn't see this before my previous post.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667967-matt-millers-week-5-nfl-scouting-notebook-a-new-qb-rising-up-qb-draft-boards#

    5. QB Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina

    It's impossible to watch North Carolina junior Mitch Trubisky move around in the pocket and make gunslinger-type throws and not think you're seeing a smaller Carson Wentz. Or at least that's what I thought after reviewing three 2016 games and then a mashup of his 2015 snaps.

    Trubisky, at 6'3" and 220 pounds, doesn't have Wentz's size, but he makes similar plays in and out of the pocket, allowing his 4.6 speed to set up plays for his arm and legs. And like Wentz, Trubisky is playing mistake-free football (13 TDs, 0 INTs this year) while attacking down the field on a regular rate in the Tar Heels offense.

    Sounds more Favreish.

  • i would not be against picking him up and the bottom of the 1st top of the 2nd right now 🙂 after Garrett and maybe another Defensive player

  • PFF grades..

    1) Every Browns OL not playing the center position was one of the top performers. The other? Crow.

    LG Joel Bitonio, 80.3
    LT Joe Thomas, 79.0
    RT Austin Pasztor, 75.9
    RG John Greco, 68.6

    2) Every Browns DL was the top performer.. but the LB's stunk [again] in runD.

    DE Stephen Paea, 78.2
    NT Danny Shelton, 76.8
    NT Jamie Meder, 75.5
    DE Xavier Cooper, 74.3
    First round next year: QB followed by impact MLB or FS... Couldn't go too wrong with either Raekwon McMillan or Malik Hooker..

    @unsympathetic said:

    PFF grades..

    1) Every Browns OL not playing the center position was one of the top performers. The other? Crow.

    LG Joel Bitonio, 80.3

    LT Joe Thomas, 79.0

    RT Austin Pasztor, 75.9

    RG John Greco, 68.6

    First round next year: QB followed by impact MLB or FS... Couldn't go too wrong with either Raekwon McMillan or Malik Hooker..

    Blasphemy!!!!! We cant take any of THE Ohio State Universitys players! They are WAY to good to play for the Browns! LOL let them go to good teams. They ONLY accentuate good teams, OSU players cant make bad teams good.....HA!!!

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Personal

    His nickname is Mr. Biscuit If he could choose an NFL team to play for, it would be the Cleveland Browns His dream job is a head football coach at a university His New Years resolution was to call his family more often Favorite TV show is How I Met Your Mother Wears No. 10 because it was his fathers high school number Favorite off-day activity is golfing or watching movies The people who had the biggest impact on his life are Dave and Jeanne Trubisky, his parents Exercise and sport science major Birthday is August 20.

    That is pretty cool.

    How I Met Your Mother?

    Well, he's off my board now.....

    @taco918 said:

    How I Met Your Mother?

    Well, he's off my board now.....

    That is pretty egregious.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not a top pick, but there is a guy named JT Barrett on a central Ohio team that is having a pretty good year.

    Did you take last Saturday off?

    @mld-woody said:

    Did you take last Saturday off?

    Actually, yes, I did.

    Is one game a disqualifier? Certainly would thin the herd significantly.

  • No, of course it isn't. But I don't think we're really in the market for JT. How strongly is he even being looked at as an NFL QB?

  • i think Kizer had a similar day 9-26 and an INT. Hurricanes are not the best thing for QB's lol have to give them both passes

    @cainedesoulis said:

    i think Kizer had a similar day 9-26 and an INT. Hurricanes are not the best thing for QB's lol have to give them both passes

    Hate to rehash the past, but playing in a hurricane is what convinced me way back we should take- Ben Rothlisberger. 🙂 Can't remember the game or the team he played against, but I DO remember the wind was a constant 35 mph with 50 mph gusts, and he had something like a 85% completion rate.