Draft Talk
-
Mitch Trubinsky looks like the real deal if he declares.
Take him at #1 and give him an oline
Mitch Trubinsky looks like the real deal if he declares.
Take him at #1 and give him an oline
He would have to be seriously considered....even if Kessler seems to be doing OK.
CBS has him now ranked as the #1 QB prospect.....#7 overall.
-
Mr. Biscuit, AKA Mitch Trubinsky, is by far my favorite candidate, but I don't want to draft a QB that early. I think we have our QB, and we don't need him. Let's build the REST of our team up with the vast number of quality picks we have. Two first rounders, two EARLY second rounders...
-
Well if this FO sees Kessler as the guy, then go defensive end and then Oline.
If not,
Take Mitch and let em throw the hitch!
-
So I was watching the Washington-Utah game and one of Utah's WR stuck out to me. I'm not sure what his prospects are and, after looking at his stats, I'm assuming he has had some injury troubles but the dude definitely looked the part today. His name is Tim Patrick. I know WR isn't a big need after our draft last year but the dude is 6'5, seemed like a smooth athlete, and made some plays. It might just be the body type but he reminded me of Plaxico Burress.
With that said, I am by no means a scout and this is the first time I've spent a lot of time watching Utah play so it could be a one off but he seems like an under the radar type to keep an eye on.
Myles Gaskin, the RB for Washington, killed it today as well but he's only a Sophomore. If he plays like he did today on a consistent basis, I have a feeling he'll be going high next year.
Oh and if Brile's is still helping out, we need to let him go immediately if only because he raised a son who thinks it's a good idea to run 2 consecutive QB keepers down by 1 with 45 seconds left, starting on your own 20, on the road.
-
http://www.news-herald.com/article/HR/20161027/SPORTS/161029471
Summing it up Mel Kiper ranks Mitch as the best NCAA qb in the country and TOP QB prospect
-
http://www.news-herald.com/article/HR/20161027/SPORTS/161029471
Summing it up Mel Kiper ranks Mitch as the best NCAA qb in the country and TOP QB prospect
http://www.news-herald.com/article/HR/20161027/SPORTS/161029471
Summing it up Mel Kiper ranks Mitch as the best NCAA qb in the country and TOP QB prospect
He also thought Jamarcus Russell was the best QB prospect at one point. I will wait to see what is said after the prospects are dissected by every draft expert before jumping for joy over anyone of them.
-
So lets look at the draft order. Here's the rules.............http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/rules/
At the moment we have only two serious candidates in competition (!?) for #1 overall. Bears and 49's have 1 win each. I am going to assume the Panthers with their one win will eliminate themselves because they are too talented not to do so without intentionally losing out. The Bears play the 49's Dec. 4 so one of those two will have two wins and unless a miracle happens with the Browns winning two, that team is eliminated. We play neither of those teams ourselves so that is a wash. So IF, a huge IF, the Browns should tie the other loser of those two with one win each, who has the greatest strength of schedule between us and the other two "competitors"? The rules state "Overall ties are then broken by strength of schedule, which is a calculation of the combined record of all of a team's opponents in that year, with divisional opponents counting twice."
We all know this is where we are headed this year. There has not been enough improvement in play or game day coaching to think otherwise thus far. And quite frankly without a win over the Jets this weekend, we are the "winners" of the draft order game.
EDIT: At them moment our division above us is 10-11, 49s 10-8-2 and the Bears 13-6. Since that is the largest factor, we need to root for the 49's to beat the Bears if nothing changes between now and Dec. 4th, even if we beat someone.
Our division will be shitty. It could be won by a 9-7 team. 10-6 would be a stretch. Balt/Pitt are .500 teams. The Bengals who are probably the most talented are still the Bengals and certain to overachieve.
Browns will not "win" any strength of schedule battles.
Our division will be shitty. It could be won by a 9-7 team. 10-6 would be a stretch. Balt/Pitt are .500 teams. The Bengals who are probably the most talented are still the Bengals and certain to overachieve.
Browns will not "win" any strength of schedule battles.
Actually Gip that is exactly how you "win" the strength of schedule battle. The shittier your division the higher you get to pick because you tied with someone for the same # of wins while playing crappier teams.
So back to my point. Winning today does not move us out of the #1 overall pick. Jets are also a shitty team, so we don't get a lot of credit for the win there either. Make sense? \
BTW Garrett was in a boot for that injured leg and did not play this week against N.M.St. He has been playing on that bad wheel since the 1st Q of the Arkansas game after a low cheap shot by their 6'10" LOT. This is the second game he did not play in, S.Car. being the other.
-
http://www.news-herald.com/article/HR/20161027/SPORTS/161029471
Summing it up Mel Kiper ranks Mitch as the best NCAA qb in the country and TOP QB prospect
http://www.news-herald.com/article/HR/20161027/SPORTS/161029471
Summing it up Mel Kiper ranks Mitch as the best NCAA qb in the country and TOP QB prospect
Gumby Grippe Jr. here in NC. Mitch is proving to be another one hit wonder redshirt jr. Mitch completed 43-44 passes last 2 seasons. He's working behind one of the best OL in the ACC this season. Scouts will most likely prefer a "prove it again season" as a Senior season. But, there is that, Who is Carson Wentz to Mitch. His pre draft evaluation will be full of guys like Kiper. Only my opinion but, I think Mitch should stay to prove he's not like another 1 hit wonder like a guy named Deshawn Watson..
-
Our division will be shitty. It could be won by a 9-7 team. 10-6 would be a stretch. Balt/Pitt are .500 teams. The Bengals who are probably the most talented are still the Bengals and certain to overachieve.
Browns will not "win" any strength of schedule battles.
Actually Gip that is exactly how you "win" the strength of schedule battle. The shittier your division the higher you get to pick because you tied with someone for the same # of wins while playing crappier teams.
So back to my point. Winning today does not move us out of the #1 overall pick. Jets are also a shitty team, so we don't get a lot of credit for the win there either. Make sense? \
BTW Garrett was in a boot for that injured leg and did not play this week against N.M.St. He has been playing on that bad wheel since the 1st Q of the Arkansas game after a low cheap shot by their 6'10" LOT. This is the second game he did not play in, S.Car. being the other.
Actually Gip that is exactly how you "win" the strength of schedule battle. The shittier your division the higher you get to pick because you tied with someone for the same # of wins while playing crappier teams.
So back to my point. Winning today does not move us out of the #1 overall pick. Jets are also a shitty team, so we don't get a lot of credit for the win there either. Make sense? \
BTW Garrett was in a boot for that injured leg and did not play this week against N.M.St. He has been playing on that bad wheel since the 1st Q of the Arkansas game after a low cheap shot by their 6'10" LOT. This is the second game he did not play in, S.Car. being the other.
OK, I see. If teams are tied for draft positioning, it is actually the team with the "weaker" strength of schedule that will get the higher pick.
Right now, the AFCN has Pitt/Balt at 4-4, Cinci at 3-4-1. LIke I said, a shitty division....so, yes, the Browns will "lose" any strength of schedule matchup, thus winning any higher draft pick.
-
Oh-oh... Gip's back.
Here come a couple dozen dead threads back to life...

Welcome back, Gip...
-
Watching cutups from Watson right now.
First impressions - another athletic, capabale armed QB whose eyes aren't the fastest and tends to lock onto his first read. That was just after watching the Auburn game and seeing a front 7 give him some pressure.
-
I think Mitch has the most upside of the QB's currently. I like garrett but the more i watch the more i am reminded of mingo
-
I'm honestly thinking a center is about the only gaping hole on offense. The rest of the guys are capable enough to get the job done when all healthy. I have no idea who we could draft to play there, but I'm guessing there's someone. In fact, maybe a veteran FA would be a better way to go - not having to worry about a very young guy in Kessler making all the calls along with a rookie center. Just a thought.
-
Reiter was playing well before blowing out a wheel. So we would at least have decent depth at center if we drafted a kid.
-
Reiter was playing well before blowing out a wheel. So we would at least have decent depth at center if we drafted a kid.
Reiter was playing well before blowing out a wheel. So we would at least have decent depth at center if we drafted a kid.
True. And I would dearly love to see Reiter in a full season, because one game isn't enough to judge a player on.
-
One of next year's second-round picks absolutely HAS to be the C to replace Erving. Erving isn't NFL-caliber.
-
I think Mitch has the most upside of the QB's currently. I like garrett but the more i watch the more i am reminded of mingo
I think Mitch has the most upside of the QB's currently. I like garrett but the more i watch the more i am reminded of mingo
Reminded of Mingo? Eh...I don't see that really. Would you care to elaborate more? Garrett is like 6'5 and 265 (I think), AND he's stout against the run. I will admit that Garrett is NOT having the statistical type of season he wanted, but I'm guessing that's due to injury and other teams preparing for him.
The only QB I would consider with our first pick is Mitch, and it's NOT even close. I realize he didn't pull it out on Thursday, but I REALLY like his game. And don't undervalue the importance of him WANTING to play for Cleveland. I actually think that carries some level of importance. Additionally, having a QB with the nickname of "Mr. Biscuit" playing in the Dawg Pound...well...that just makes too much sense, right?

Give me the Biscuit, and nobody gets hurt.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login