Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • Until season's end, I'm firmly in the "win a game dear god, buddha, allah, superman, please let us win a damn game" camp.

  • He reminds me more of Miami's Tannehill with athletic ability and a bit of WR speed when flushed. Similar size/build too.

  • Until season's end, I'm firmly in the "win a game dear god, buddha, allah, superman, please let us win a damn game" camp.

    @gftchris said:

    Until season's end, I'm firmly in the "win a game dear god, buddha, allah, superman, please let us win a damn game" camp.

    I'm in your camp! And a sweep against the stool boys would make this season feel so much better

  • I agree with some of the other posters in that I don't want ANYTHING to do with Kizer at this point in time. I've watched him play in several big games, and I sure didn't come away with thinking, "Boy, I need THAT guy with the first overall pick in the entire draft!" Could he have some massive upside? Sure he could. But if I draft someone #1 overall, I want MORE than just "upside" and terrific physical features.

    Mitch is by far from perfect, but his flaws seem to be more fixable than others. Mainly what I've seen and read is that he isn't consistent with his footwork, and he can get lazy with some of his throws. To me, that can be nixed rather quickly. What he does WELL is much harder to teach, and that appears to be processing information, scanning the field, and hitting receivers where they can make a play with the ball. You ever see Carolina play? They have a little white guy named Switzer or something, and he plays the slot WR for them. He has outstanding chemistry with Mitch, and I think Switzer would be worth a late round pick...if only to help Mitch and give him someone he knows.

    You can say that it's "way too early" to begin talking about this stuff, but it's mid November already. The writing is on the wall as far as where we'll be picking in the draft, and I don't think there's any harm in checking out who will be available to us. Sashi Brown recently gave a nice interview to local Browns beat writers, and while he didn't get into specifics, he did say that Cody Kessler will be given a chance to compete. He further said that Cody has played well considering the tough spot he was in, and he has a lot of growth in him. I think that's one thing I forgot about. Cody is far from a finished product, and what if he continues to grow? How much growth can Cody have with an entire offseason as the presumed starter? Minicamps, OTA's, training camp...as the STARTER...getting all the reps. It's worth thinking about it.

  • Is it too soon to start forming "camps"?

    @wargograw said:

    Is it too soon to start forming "camps"?

    Never too soon. Camp Allen is taking applications.

  • Allen is definitely in my "I'd be perfectly happy with that pick" group. At this time, that group is Garrett, Allen, and Mitch. Go watch the highlights from those three. Yo!

    I think my biggest fear regarding the draft us trading out of the number one pick. I can see another team going head over heels for one of those three players and offering up the farm. I don't think I want to trade...regardless of the offer. I think we need the type of player that CAN come with being drafted that high.

  • Allen is definitely in my "I'd be perfectly happy with that pick" group. At this time, that group is Garrett, Allen, and Mitch. Go watch the highlights from those three. Yo!

    I think my biggest fear regarding the draft us trading out of the number one pick. I can see another team going head over heels for one of those three players and offering up the farm. I don't think I want to trade...regardless of the offer. I think we need the type of player that CAN come with being drafted that high.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Allen is definitely in my "I'd be perfectly happy with that pick" group. At this time, that group is Garrett, Allen, and Mitch. Go watch the highlights from those three. Yo!

    I think my biggest fear regarding the draft us trading out of the number one pick. I can see another team going head over heels for one of those three players and offering up the farm. I don't think I want to trade...regardless of the offer. I think we need the type of player that CAN come with being drafted that high.

    Given that you'd be happy with any one of those three guys, would you be unhappy if we traded back to #3, picked up whichever one is left, and came out with an extra second round pick, for example?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Allen is definitely in my "I'd be perfectly happy with that pick" group. At this time, that group is Garrett, Allen, and Mitch. Go watch the highlights from those three. Yo!

    I think my biggest fear regarding the draft us trading out of the number one pick. I can see another team going head over heels for one of those three players and offering up the farm. I don't think I want to trade...regardless of the offer. I think we need the type of player that CAN come with being drafted that high.

    Given that you'd be happy with any one of those three guys, would you be unhappy if we traded back to #3, picked up whichever one is left, and came out with an extra second round pick, for example?

    @gftchris said:

    Given that you'd be happy with any one of those three guys, would you be unhappy if we traded back to #3, picked up whichever one is left, and came out with an extra second round pick, for example?

    Or trade up and take two of the top three. We do need playmakers and have the picks to trade up.

  • @gftchris said:

    Given that you'd be happy with any one of those three guys, would you be unhappy if we traded back to #3, picked up whichever one is left, and came out with an extra second round pick, for example?

    Or trade up and take two of the top three. We do need playmakers and have the picks to trade up.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Or trade up and take two of the top three. We do need playmakers and have the picks to trade up.

    No no. We have way too many holes on the roster to think about trading up.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Or trade up and take two of the top three. We do need playmakers and have the picks to trade up.

    No no. We have way too many holes on the roster to think about trading up.

    @londonbrown said:

    No no. We have way too many holes on the roster to think about trading up.

    OK, same old same old.

  • @gftchris said:

    Given that you'd be happy with any one of those three guys, would you be unhappy if we traded back to #3, picked up whichever one is left, and came out with an extra second round pick, for example?

    Or trade up and take two of the top three. We do need playmakers and have the picks to trade up.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Or trade up and take two of the top three. We do need playmakers and have the picks to trade up.

    From mid teens to #3 is going to cost a first round pick and then some.

    But moving back to 3 - you or nay?

  • So if we were to take playmakers, one O and one D and a couple of decent FAs I bet we win more and sooner.

  • It seems as if Hue is not sold on Kessler..

    Honestly, the Browns need to cut RGKnee,

    Draft Mitch at #1

    BPA with their pick from Philly

    Go defense and Oline the rest of the way.

    Sign a veteran safety like Eric Berry to sure up the secondary

    Give Kess the reigns next year and see if he is the guy.

    Let Mitch sit for a year even if Kess struggles.

    We might only be a 4-6 win team next season. Time will tell.

    Drafting quality players and signing quality FAs should be Sashi and DePodesta's top priorities!

  • So draft a QB #1 overall, then let the other QB 'see if he's the guy'? What if he's the guy? Then you have a #1 overall pick waiting around doing nothing. Better to draft the best player in the draft, then give Kessler a year to see if he's the guy with a better team around him. If not, then you can look at QBs in 2018.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Or trade up and take two of the top three. We do need playmakers and have the picks to trade up.

    From mid teens to #3 is going to cost a first round pick and then some.

    But moving back to 3 - you or nay?

    @gftchris said:

    From mid teens to #3 is going to cost a first round pick and then some.

    But moving back to 3 - you or nay?

    You still get 2 of the top three. BUT, they have to be hits. And that's been our biggest fail.
  • And you can look at the stupid cowfags and see how they fucked up by using high draft picks on linemen. Once again, best line = best team

  • So draft a QB #1 overall, then let the other QB 'see if he's the guy'? What if he's the guy? Then you have a #1 overall pick waiting around doing nothing. Better to draft the best player in the draft, then give Kessler a year to see if he's the guy with a better team around him. If not, then you can look at QBs in 2018.

    @gftchris said:

    So draft a QB #1 overall, then let the other QB 'see if he's the guy'? What if he's the guy? Then you have a #1 overall pick waiting around doing nothing. Better to draft the best player in the draft, then give Kessler a year to see if he's the guy with a better team around him. If not, then you can look at QBs in 2018.

    Well how can we be so sure?

    It may swing in our favor if we bring in Mitch and he impresses the coaching staff.

    Why wait until 2018? Cleveland needs to solve this QB mess they have put themselves into.

  • And you can look at the stupid cowfags and see how they fucked up by using high draft picks on linemen. Once again, best line = best team

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    And you can look at the stupid cowfags and see how they fucked up by using high draft picks on linemen. Once again, best line = best team

    I'm on board with the middle-out

  • I think the O line will get better as they play together as a unit. Cam should end up working the gate at Blossom. They need playmakers tho to win. I don't have the time to watch and follow all the draft eligible players so I won't get into who should be drafted. Pryor can be a playmaker but has no help...ala Cribbs. A badass LB to team with Collins and a Gronk type TE could go a long ways with improving the W L record

  • only an idiot is posting football in the early hours of the morning, and...

    eh... never mind.

    Seriously, I am not impressed with Kizer - his arm is impressive, but overall, he seems to be

    a one read qb.

    Trubisky, sometimes he scans the entire field, seems to have terrific sense in the pocket,

    can improvise on the move, and most of the time - very accurately, even when his footwork

    takes him backwards, sideways, etc to avoid a rush.... can get rid of the ball quick...

    It's way early, but he may very well be the guy for the Browns. I love the clip of the Pitt game -

    they won it on the quarterbacking of Trubisky in the last seconds. Just a whole LOT of great qualities.

    Pitt game

    @calfoxwc said:

    only an idiot is posting football in the early hours of the morning, and...

    eh... never mind.

    Seriously, I am not impressed with Kizer - his arm is impressive, but overall, he seems to be

    a one read qb.

    Trubisky, sometimes he scans the entire field, seems to have terrific sense in the pocket,

    can improvise on the move, and most of the time - very accurately, even when his footwork

    takes him backwards, sideways, etc to avoid a rush.... can get rid of the ball quick...

    It's way early, but he may very well be the guy for the Browns. I love the clip of the Pitt game -

    they won it on the quarterbacking of Trubisky in the last seconds. Just a whole LOT of great qualities.

    Pitt game

    Quick release. Strong arm. Accurate long, plus soft touch on shorter passes.

    He WILL get a serious look for #1 overall.

    Though, guess what....IMO it will be the SF 49ers that will have that pick.