Draft Talk
-
And I am a defense first guy so I understand your choice, but just come from a different perspective, especially when one looks like a 3 season no brainer and the other with 1 season question marks.
Or...is your pespective: "I am an Aggie guy, and I want the Aggie guy to go #1"?
Don't get me wrong, he may be a great choice. And this defense needs a guy like that. But I think the team needs a franchise QB. This team needs a resurrection ....and only a QB, I believe can work that miracle.
Or...is your pespective: "I am an Aggie guy, and I want the Aggie guy to go #1"?
Don't get me wrong, he may be a great choice. And this defense needs a guy like that. But I think the team needs a franchise QB. This team needs a resurrection ....and only a QB, I believe can work that miracle.
No honestly my perspective is that this defense can't get off the field because we have no pass rush. He is uniquely talented with a combination of speed, quickness, size and sure tackling. The less the D is out there, the more the O has shots to score and the less they have to overcome on the scoreboard. Simple math for me. Great D's create scoring opportunities. Ours could be if we could just pressure QBs into mistakes/sacks.
PS-don't take my word for it. Just go check all the draft sites and see why they think he is the best player in the draft this year and why they think the Browns need him.
-
The draft people also thought clowney would have the sack record by now. In fact Mack didn't climb up their boards until after the combine despite his wicked stupid tape which clearly showed he was at least at clowneys level
-
Allen is currently listed at 265. That aint 5 tech material. Not in my defense. My 5 looks like justin smith. Would love to see 4 man fronts with allen as the strong side DE and maybe orchard on the other side as the speed rush. Heck we couldveven use collins as the weak side rusher
Allen is currently listed at 265. That aint 5 tech material. Not in my defense. My 5 looks like justin smith. Would love to see 4 man fronts with allen as the strong side DE and maybe orchard on the other side as the speed rush. Heck we couldveven use collins as the weak side rusher
Cool but this isn't your defense and I'm failing to see how Allen is too s small for 'your' 5tech (shaded outside the tackle to be clear) but you say you want him as a SDE...
-
WOULD you like this 1ST RD OF draft?
-
Allen is way bigger than 265. Maybe 290.
-
The draft people also thought clowney would have the sack record by now. In fact Mack didn't climb up their boards until after the combine despite his wicked stupid tape which clearly showed he was at least at clowneys level
The draft people also thought clowney would have the sack record by now. In fact Mack didn't climb up their boards until after the combine despite his wicked stupid tape which clearly showed he was at least at clowneys level
This is the first year Clowney has not been injured. Apples and Oranges.
-
I would be shocked if Allen is 290.
-
Allen is currently listed at 265. That aint 5 tech material. Not in my defense. My 5 looks like justin smith. Would love to see 4 man fronts with allen as the strong side DE and maybe orchard on the other side as the speed rush. Heck we couldveven use collins as the weak side rusher
Cool but this isn't your defense and I'm failing to see how Allen is too s small for 'your' 5tech (shaded outside the tackle to be clear) but you say you want him as a SDE...
Cool but this isn't your defense and I'm failing to see how Allen is too s small for 'your' 5tech (shaded outside the tackle to be clear) but you say you want him as a SDE...
In what 3-4 do 5 techs spend most of their time in the 9? Maybe a couple times a game but for the most part they spend the game occupying gurd and tackle as best they can so the olb'ers can get home. Aldon and justin were the prototype 5tech olb'er pair. I know houston gets jj out there when they can and he just obliterated tackles outside shoulders trimming the edge.
If jj was on our team and i was DC, him and dez would our DE's in the base 4-3. Those two and shelton/meder on the inside would be the sickest 4 man front in football.
-
Allen is currently listed at 265. That aint 5 tech material. Not in my defense. My 5 looks like justin smith. Would love to see 4 man fronts with allen as the strong side DE and maybe orchard on the other side as the speed rush. Heck we couldveven use collins as the weak side rusher
Allen is currently listed at 265. That aint 5 tech material. Not in my defense. My 5 looks like justin smith. Would love to see 4 man fronts with allen as the strong side DE and maybe orchard on the other side as the speed rush. Heck we couldveven use collins as the weak side rusher
Allen is way bigger than 265. Maybe 290.
I would be shocked if Allen is 290.
Allen gets listed at 293lbs, btw.
-
265 was Allen's weight his senior year of high school according to Rivals.com.
-
Allen is currently listed at 265. That aint 5 tech material. Not in my defense. My 5 looks like justin smith. Would love to see 4 man fronts with allen as the strong side DE and maybe orchard on the other side as the speed rush. Heck we couldveven use collins as the weak side rusher
Allen is way bigger than 265. Maybe 290.
I would be shocked if Allen is 290.
Allen gets listed at 293lbs, btw.
-
Why bother when they will take Trubisky #1?
Because they won't?
Show me the list of those who said last year, "Can't wait for Trubisky to come out!"
I think it was TCPO or tia that first cautioned us to beware the fast rising QB in the draft, e.g., Tannehill, Bortles, Locker. They're sucked up by the QB void as much as they're rocketed by ability. Mitch looks primed to be the 2017 addition to the list.
Contrast the risers with those that started at least their final year atop the heap and stuck there: Winston, Mariotta, Luck, even RG3, Newton...
But just a cautionary note... as I said, I still have work to do.
Allen is way bigger than 265. Maybe 290.
Easily... just have to look at him to see that his Wikipedia weight is off by a mile.
And, yes, tia... meant Shelton at NT. And Bryant's torn pec is not the most career debilitating injury... I feel good about his return to form.
-
This pretty much confirms what I thought about Pasztor.
Gil Brandt tweeted. . .
Most total pressures + sacks allowed (through Wk 11)
Barksdale 34.5
C.Clark 34.5
Pasztor 33.5
Castonzo 31
Reiff 31
Ogbuehi 30.5
Free 30
-
This pretty much confirms what I thought about Pasztor.
Gil Brandt tweeted. . .
Most total pressures + sacks allowed (through Wk 11)
Barksdale 34.5
C.Clark 34.5
Pasztor 33.5
Castonzo 31
Reiff 31
Ogbuehi 30.5
Free 30
This pretty much confirms what I thought about Pasztor.
Gil Brandt tweeted. . .
Most total pressures + sacks allowed (through Wk 11)
Barksdale 34.5
C.Clark 34.5
Pasztor 33.5
Castonzo 31
Reiff 31
Ogbuehi 30.5
Free 30
But PFF said Pasztor is good.
Haha
-
Why bother when they will take Trubisky #1?
Because they won't?
Show me the list of those who said last year, "Can't wait for Trubisky to come out!"
I think it was TCPO or tia that first cautioned us to beware the fast rising QB in the draft, e.g., Tannehill, Bortles, Locker. They're sucked up by the QB void as much as they're rocketed by ability. Mitch looks primed to be the 2017 addition to the list.
Contrast the risers with those that started at least their final year atop the heap and stuck there: Winston, Mariotta, Luck, even RG3, Newton...
But just a cautionary note... as I said, I still have work to do.
Allen is way bigger than 265. Maybe 290.
Easily... just have to look at him to see that his Wikipedia weight is off by a mile.
And, yes, tia... meant Shelton at NT. And Bryant's torn pec is not the most career debilitating injury... I feel good about his return to form.
Because they won't?
Show me the list of those who said last year, "Can't wait for Trubisky to come out!"
I think it was TCPO or tia that first cautioned us to beware the fast rising QB in the draft, e.g., Tannehill, Bortles, Locker. They're sucked up by the QB void as much as they're rocketed by ability. Mitch looks primed to be the 2017 addition to the list.
Contrast the risers with those that started at least their final year atop the heap and stuck there: Winston, Mariotta, Luck, even RG3, Newton...
But just a cautionary note... as I said, I still have work to do.
Easily... just have to look at him to see that his Wikipedia weight is off by a mile.
And, yes, tia... meant Shelton at NT. And Bryant's torn pec is not the most career debilitating injury... I feel good about his return to form.
I'll even admit, I like some of what I see about Mitch. But there is so much more that can be revealed.
One year starters are almost always a giant concern and require doing beyond your due diligence on them.
-
Ok my mistake, espn had him at 290. That 265 was the first link when u google him. Still, 6'3 285-290 is my ideal DE. .
-
Because they won't?
Show me the list of those who said last year, "Can't wait for Trubisky to come out!"
I think it was TCPO or tia that first cautioned us to beware the fast rising QB in the draft, e.g., Tannehill, Bortles, Locker. They're sucked up by the QB void as much as they're rocketed by ability. Mitch looks primed to be the 2017 addition to the list.
Contrast the risers with those that started at least their final year atop the heap and stuck there: Winston, Mariotta, Luck, even RG3, Newton...
But just a cautionary note... as I said, I still have work to do.
Easily... just have to look at him to see that his Wikipedia weight is off by a mile.
And, yes, tia... meant Shelton at NT. And Bryant's torn pec is not the most career debilitating injury... I feel good about his return to form.
I'll even admit, I like some of what I see about Mitch. But there is so much more that can be revealed.
One year starters are almost always a giant concern and require doing beyond your due diligence on them.
I'll even admit, I like some of what I see about Mitch. But there is so much more that can be revealed.
One year starters are almost always a giant concern and require doing beyond your due diligence on them.
I agree as well. I like Mitch at this point more than I did a Wentz last year at the same point.
The one year start doesn't bother me as much because I believe in mental acuity more than anything else...and that doesn't always come from experience. Some players just have it.
Does Mitch? We'll see.
-
I'll even admit, I like some of what I see about Mitch. But there is so much more that can be revealed.
One year starters are almost always a giant concern and require doing beyond your due diligence on them.
I agree as well. I like Mitch at this point more than I did a Wentz last year at the same point.
The one year start doesn't bother me as much because I believe in mental acuity more than anything else...and that doesn't always come from experience. Some players just have it.
Does Mitch? We'll see.
I agree as well. I like Mitch at this point more than I did a Wentz last year at the same point.
The one year start doesn't bother me as much because I believe in mental acuity more than anything else...and that doesn't always come from experience. Some players just have it.
Does Mitch? We'll see.
General rule of thumb, I'm a fan of small(er) school QB's. They tend to not have elite talent around them so if they're good then you know how much of it is individual skill raising the game of players around them.
I liked Wentz a little more because of his size and work under center.
But we agree, more to be seen.
-
No way in hell we take a QB with the first pick, and I hope we don't with the Eagles pick
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login