Draft Talk
-
@ghoolie said:
The kid from Syracuse will be the next Joe Montana.
On the 2017 draft. I finally have figured out the Browns draft logic. Think about it. The Browns traded down when they gave up Modell for Lerner. They just got into the habit of trading down to get shit.
6-3 207 2016 stats 64.8% comp. with 15 TD 7 INT 2678 yds 138.2 Rat. 4-8 w/l record What do you see that tells you he is Montana other than having better college stats (excluding Monana's 9-3 1978 w/l record) this past year and about the same size? Now granted when Syracuse HC Dino Babers was OC @ A&M I used to joke that he carried his playbook in a matchbook cover. He was relieved of those duties mid-season by Slocum. He got better learning from Art Briles @ Baylor.
6-3 207 2016 stats 64.8% comp. with 15 TD 7 INT 2678 yds 138.2 Rat. 4-8 w/l record What do you see that tells you he is Montana other than having better college stats (excluding Monana's 9-3 1978 w/l record) this past year and about the same size? Now granted when Syracuse HC Dino Babers was OC @ A&M I used to joke that he carried his playbook in a matchbook cover. He was relieved of those duties mid-season by Slocum. He got better learning from Art Briles @ Baylor.
Your mistake is attempting to have a semi intelligent dialogue with a 60 year old Internet troll.
-
6-3 207 2016 stats 64.8% comp. with 15 TD 7 INT 2678 yds 138.2 Rat. 4-8 w/l record What do you see that tells you he is Montana other than having better college stats (excluding Monana's 9-3 1978 w/l record) this past year and about the same size? Now granted when Syracuse HC Dino Babers was OC @ A&M I used to joke that he carried his playbook in a matchbook cover. He was relieved of those duties mid-season by Slocum. He got better learning from Art Briles @ Baylor.
Your mistake is attempting to have a semi intelligent dialogue with a 60 year old Internet troll.
Your mistake is attempting to have a semi intelligent dialogue with a 60 year old Internet troll.
But surely he can also recommend some fat-assed OLs off that team too.

-
@ghoolie said:
The kid from Syracuse will be the next Joe Montana.
On the 2017 draft. I finally have figured out the Browns draft logic. Think about it. The Browns traded down when they gave up Modell for Lerner. They just got into the habit of trading down to get shit.
I wish the league would have forced Modell to sell the team to Al Lerner.
WSS
-
#1 and #2 ?????

From an Aggie Board: "Big Mystery ??? what Cleveland will do. Hope they leave Myles alone."

-
So Elflein has played himself into a day 3 pick.. if he's the answer, the Browns don't need to be the question.
Pocic at the top of round 3? I don't like those odds.. he could be over-drafted even at 3/1. Never great when you hear a center isn't very good at run-block.
-
Well this is getting a little bit convoluted but I'd say it's still gambling no matter who I'm playing in poker. I suck at poker. I was great in Euchre in college but mostly with my old partner whom I haven't seen in decades. We didn't cheat nor did we renege just had a parallel style of play. Entered a big tournament and were eliminated in the first round.No... I'd argue it's not. Gambling is the ignoring of the certainty gap between your assessment of the risk-reward and what in fact the risk-reward truly is.
Here's a scenario for your consideration... You sit down at a table with the reigning WSOP champion for 12 hours of Heads-Up Texas Hold 'Em. Which of you is gambling?
Assessments can be wrong, but they have to be honest ones unfettered by need, importance. The more the other factors are allowed to creep into the evaluation, the more likely it is to be wrong. Those other factors need to be merged later in the process.
There's no doubt these factors close gaps and elevate QBs above higher rated players. A look at the NFL grades show this every year. In 2016 Goff and Wentz went 1-2 with 6.5's, then Bosa 6.7, Zeke 7.0, Ramsey 6.8, Stanley 6.5, Buckner 7.2. Not until 13 was the draft's highest graded player, Tunsil 7.6, picked, but he had late "issues" emerge.
Here's the full draft: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round
And here's my point... NFL graders have no stake in any team so "need" is a non-factor. And they don't weigh positions for their importance. They are impartial, dispassionate assessors of talent... as are PFF and Walter's and numerous other evaluation sites. We can all agree or disagree with any given assessment either individually or juxtaposed with another player, but any discussion in on talent for their position alone. And this happens within each team's FO.
Ultimately though the other factors do come in and so it likely did when we saw two QBs rise to the top of the 2016 class. I believe we each had different horses in that race... and so far mine looks like a nag... but the race is not over. One thing both our horses have in common is that so far both were out-delivered by others who came after them.
I think I might have forgotten the point but I guess all I'm saying is that the odds are better but the consensus best player in the draft will be more successful then reaching down ten spots and drafting that lower value guyat number one.
WSS
Well this is getting a little bit convoluted but I'd say it's still gambling no matter who I'm playing in poker. I suck at poker. I was great in Euchre in college but mostly with my old partner whom I haven't seen in decades. We didn't cheat nor did we renege just had a parallel style of play. Entered a big tournament and were eliminated in the first round.
I think I might have forgotten the point but I guess all I'm saying is that the odds are better but the consensus best player in the draft will be more successful then reaching down ten spots and drafting that lower value guyat number one.
The point was that you'd be gambling... the WSOP Champ would not be. How that pertained to anything is now a relic of the past.
So I guess that us two of us that are lost... lol... Cheers...
-
Well this is getting a little bit convoluted but I'd say it's still gambling no matter who I'm playing in poker. I suck at poker. I was great in Euchre in college but mostly with my old partner whom I haven't seen in decades. We didn't cheat nor did we renege just had a parallel style of play. Entered a big tournament and were eliminated in the first round.
I think I might have forgotten the point but I guess all I'm saying is that the odds are better but the consensus best player in the draft will be more successful then reaching down ten spots and drafting that lower value guyat number one.
The point was that you'd be gambling... the WSOP Champ would not be. How that pertained to anything is now a relic of the past.
So I guess that us two of us that are lost... lol... Cheers...
The point was that you'd be gambling... the WSOP Champ would not be. How that pertained to anything is now a relic of the past.
So I guess that us two of us that are lost... lol... Cheers...

Even though I'm a shitty poker player and even though the champ would have a better chance the cards still have to be dealt.
So when are you coming up for a beer?
WSS
-
Beer? Now I want poker as well...
Hard to say when, Steve... not seeing a visit for a Browns game this season.
And barring some major construction activity I've not yet heard of, I don't see a mid-west "Coaster Tour" this summer.
If I do attend the Draft in Philly, still pending, then I might slide in for a couple days just to stay in touch with the area.
-
The D comes first draft ...
Your score is: 11335 (GRADE: A)Your Picks:Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State (A)Round 1 Pick 12: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A+)Round 2 Pick 1: Jabrill Peppers, SS/SS, Michigan (A+)Round 2 Pick 7 (NYJ): Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State (A-)Round 2 Pick 20: Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn (A)Round 3 Pick 1: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A)Round 4 Pick 1: Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (A)Round 5 Pick 32: Stacy Coley, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A+)Round 6 Pick 1: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (A+)Your Future Picks:2018 Round 1 Pick2018 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)2019 Round 1 Pick -
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/report-nfl-teams-concerned-alabama-olb-tim-williams
Tim Williams is being compared to Randy Gregory. Not good.
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/report-nfl-teams-concerned-alabama-olb-tim-williams
Tim Williams is being compared to Randy Gregory. Not good.
Because of his play......which would be fine.....or because of his off field stuff?
-
@ghoolie said:
The kid from Syracuse will be the next Joe Montana.
On the 2017 draft. I finally have figured out the Browns draft logic. Think about it. The Browns traded down when they gave up Modell for Lerner. They just got into the habit of trading down to get shit.
I wish the league would have forced Modell to sell the team to Al Lerner.
WSS
I wish the league would have forced Modell to sell the team to Al Lerner.
WSS
It took them like another 3 years only to realize they should have done that.
-
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/report-nfl-teams-concerned-alabama-olb-tim-williams
Tim Williams is being compared to Randy Gregory. Not good.
Because of his play......which would be fine.....or because of his off field stuff?
Because of his play......which would be fine.....or because of his off field stuff?
Repeatedly failed piss tests. Gregory is suspended currently for just that reason.
-
A gun charge mixed in as well.
-
Because of his play......which would be fine.....or because of his off field stuff?
Repeatedly failed piss tests. Gregory is suspended currently for just that reason.
Repeatedly failed piss tests. Gregory is suspended currently for just that reason.
OK, then. Say hello to Derek Barnett at #12?
-
Repeatedly failed piss tests. Gregory is suspended currently for just that reason.
OK, then. Say hello to Derek Barnett at #12?
OK, then. Say hello to Derek Barnett at #12?
NOPE.
-
OK, then. Say hello to Derek Barnett at #12?
NOPE.
-
Your score is: 10562 (GRADE: B+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State (A)
Round 1 Pick 12: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 15 (PHI): Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 1 Pick 29 (G.B.): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 4 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (

Round 2 Pick 22 (MIA): DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (SEA): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1: Desmond King, FS, Iowa (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A+)
Round 4 Pick 4 (CHI): Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (B+)
Round 4 Pick 23 (OAK): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (

Round 4 Pick 28 (G.B.): Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (B-)
Round 5 Pick 3 (CHI): Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 3 (CHI): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A+)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick
Back at it! I drafted this just a couple minutes ago. Gotta watch a movie with the family then maybe I'll try again! But this was a good run...
-
Again? Give it a freeking rest PG.
Back at it! I drafted this just a couple minutes ago. Gotta watch a movie with the family then maybe I'll try again! But this was a good run.
Please don't. You are boring us to tears.
How about actually talking about some of the players you would like to draft.
-
Again? Give it a freeking rest PG.
Back at it! I drafted this just a couple minutes ago. Gotta watch a movie with the family then maybe I'll try again! But this was a good run.
Please don't. You are boring us to tears.
How about actually talking about some of the players you would like to draft.
Again? Give it a freeking rest PG.
Back at it! I drafted this just a couple minutes ago. Gotta watch a movie with the family then maybe I'll try again! But this was a good run.
Please don't. You are boring us to tears.
How about actually talking about some of the players you would like to draft.
4 first round draft picks? Jesus H. Christ...you're becoming as boring as Ghoolie with this nonsense.
-
Why not?
Serious lack of explosion, questionable hand usage to keep lineman from getting into his pads, no counter move. Just not impressive as a pass rusher, basically.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login