Skip to content

Heisman Trophy watch

College Football Forum
66 8 3.2k
  • More impressions on Heisman watch after week....6? This past weekend anyway.

    Lamar Jackson idle

    JT Barrett did not have a good day passing..only 1 TD but did have 137 rush yards and another TD.

    Watson 266 yards passing, 4 TDs vs. Boston College.

    But a couple of new faces have emerged: Jake Browning Washington QB 6 TD passes, 2 more running in UW's hammering of Oregon.

    Trevor Knight Texas A&M QB. Aggies are 6-0 and Knight just accounted for 300+ yards and 5 scores vs. Tennessee.

    Those could be the top 5 right now.

    I know that Harbaugh want to insert Peppers into the Heisman race by letting run the ball. But that is being gimmicky....while it seems that his main talent....that of a DB is diminishing. He had all of two tackles and not much else on defense (not that Rutgers gave them any sort of reason to play well.)

    @the-gipper said:

    I know that Harbaugh want to insert Peppers into the Heisman race by letting run the ball. But that is being gimmicky....while it seems that his main talent....that of a DB is diminishing. He had all of two tackles and not much else on defense (not that Rutgers gave them any sort of reason to play well.)

    Again, he isn't playing a true DB role on defense. He is playing LB. And either way, nothing is diminishing. You're looking at box scores and have no idea what you're talking about. He didn't play the entire second half because there was no reason to. There really wasn't much to do in the 1st half either...

    I'm sure part of Harbaugh wants to help Peppers in the Heisman. But at the same time using Peppers on offense is a legitimate game strategy that has worked well. It is a package that utilizes the talent we have on this team.

  • Gorsh, Mickey - please refer back to my mentioning that Peppers is better at non defensive things than he is being a complete defensive player.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Gorsh, Mickey - please refer back to my mentioning that Peppers is better at non defensive things than he is being a complete defensive player.

    Gorsh... is this based on the Rutgers game? If so you can check your "I watch and understand Michigan football" bag at the door...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Refer back to my mentioning that he needs to be better at his defensive position than those other things if he wants to be a high draft choice in the NFL.

    He needs to play safety and return punts. Not play pattycake on offense.

    I'm agreeing with you. Merely pointing out my opinion aligning with yours in hopes that Woody is still lurking.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm agreeing with you. Merely pointing out my opinion aligning with yours in hopes that Woody is still lurking.

    If it makes you feel any better, I have some level of respect for your opinion. I have pretty much 0 respect for Gipper's opinion on issues like this beccause he has been repeatedly shown to not know what he is talking about in the past.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Gorsh, Mickey - please refer back to my mentioning that Peppers is better at non defensive things than he is being a complete defensive player.

    Refer back to my mentioning that he needs to be better at his defensive position than those other things if he wants to be a high draft choice in the NFL.

    He needs to play safety and return punts. Not play pattycake on offense.

    @the-gipper said:

    Refer back to my mentioning that he needs to be better at his defensive position than those other things if he wants to be a high draft choice in the NFL.

    He needs to play safety and return punts. Not play pattycake on offense.

    Yeah? That's what he has to do to be a high draft pick? I mean, the analysts disagree with you... but hey... you must know best.

    "Play pattycake"? What are you talking about? Are we not allowed to utilize one of the best athletes in the country on offense?

  • As of last weeks games (updated 10/10), here is ESPN Heisman Watch List:

    1) Lamar Jackson

    2) Deshaun Watson

    3) J.T. Barrett

    4) Jake Browning

    5) Jabrill Peppers

  • @the-gipper said:

    I know that Harbaugh want to insert Peppers into the Heisman race by letting run the ball. But that is being gimmicky....while it seems that his main talent....that of a DB is diminishing. He had all of two tackles and not much else on defense (not that Rutgers gave them any sort of reason to play well.)

    Again, he isn't playing a true DB role on defense. He is playing LB. And either way, nothing is diminishing. You're looking at box scores and have no idea what you're talking about. He didn't play the entire second half because there was no reason to. There really wasn't much to do in the 1st half either...

    I'm sure part of Harbaugh wants to help Peppers in the Heisman. But at the same time using Peppers on offense is a legitimate game strategy that has worked well. It is a package that utilizes the talent we have on this team.

    @mld-woody said:

    Again, he isn't playing a true DB role on defense. He is playing LB. And either way, nothing is diminishing. You're looking at box scores and have no idea what you're talking about. He didn't play the entire second half because there was no reason to. There really wasn't much to do in the 1st half either...

    I'm sure part of Harbaugh wants to help Peppers in the Heisman. But at the same time using Peppers on offense is a legitimate game strategy that has worked well. It is a package that utilizes the talent we have on this team.

    Again, my only interest in the guy is if he could be a potential Browns choice. Browns need DBs badly.....if he is as good as he has been hyped to be in the beginning this season, I may want him.. But he ain't no NFL LB....just too light. He needs to play safety. His NFL career will be at safety. I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan or what he does at Michigan...playing in offensive packages.

    Doing all that gimmickry may help Michigan somewhat right now....but it does not help his pro prospects. Being the best DB he can be and returning punts is where his NFL future lies. YOU may be entertained by all the rest of that stupid shit he is doing.....and whether or not it helps that team is debatable (they have been hammering opponents....so no need there).

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm agreeing with you. Merely pointing out my opinion aligning with yours in hopes that Woody is still lurking.

    If it makes you feel any better, I have some level of respect for your opinion. I have pretty much 0 respect for Gipper's opinion on issues like this beccause he has been repeatedly shown to not know what he is talking about in the past.

    @mld-woody said:

    If it makes you feel any better, I have some level of respect for your opinion. I have pretty much 0 respect for Gipper's opinion on issues like this beccause he has been repeatedly shown to not know what he is talking about in the past.

    And I have less respect for your opinion: because: A. you are as stupid a fan of Michigan as Steeler fans are stupid for that team. B. I am thousands of times more knowledgeable than you on every aspect of football.....except being a TUN lap licker. C. I am just innately more experienced and more intelligent than you on these subjects.

    You have tunnel vision when it comes to your team. That's it. That is all you know. How can anyone who is only focused on one single aspect of this sport inure any respect.

    I will be glad to have any independent person test us on any aspect of this. ..except Michigan football (of which I may in fact know as much or more than you do anyway.....at least historically).

    I mean, face it....if it were not for the Ohioans associated with the Michigan program, they would be like, Indiana.

    Schembechler: Ohioan

    Moeller: Ohioan

    Harbaugh: Ohioan

    Woodson: Ohioan

    Des Howard: Ohioan

    If you took all the players that have made the All American lists throughout history....I suggest that likely over 50% were from Ohio.

    Look at yourself.....you are a feckless fuck that is also from Ohio.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Refer back to my mentioning that he needs to be better at his defensive position than those other things if he wants to be a high draft choice in the NFL.

    He needs to play safety and return punts. Not play pattycake on offense.

    Yeah? That's what he has to do to be a high draft pick? I mean, the analysts disagree with you... but hey... you must know best.

    "Play pattycake"? What are you talking about? Are we not allowed to utilize one of the best athletes in the country on offense?

    @mld-woody said:

    Yeah? That's what he has to do to be a high draft pick? I mean, the analysts disagree with you... but hey... you must know best.

    "Play pattycake"? What are you talking about? Are we not allowed to utilize one of the best athletes in the country on offense?

    So? you think NFL scouts are all over Peppers over his ability to play RB? or WR? Keep thinking Butch. (for this reason alone, I rest my case)

    And do I think that they should not utilize him on offense? They can if they want....there is nothing prohibiting that. But more and more it is still a gimmick for them to do so. I don't think they need him AT ALL on offense to win most of their games.

    I mean...unless you are conceding that the talent you have on offense is so lax such that you have to get a defensive guy to play there. If that is the case...then I can only presume that Harbaugh is doing a piss poor job of recruiting offensive talent. Is that the case you are making now? Seems to be.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Again, he isn't playing a true DB role on defense. He is playing LB. And either way, nothing is diminishing. You're looking at box scores and have no idea what you're talking about. He didn't play the entire second half because there was no reason to. There really wasn't much to do in the 1st half either...

    I'm sure part of Harbaugh wants to help Peppers in the Heisman. But at the same time using Peppers on offense is a legitimate game strategy that has worked well. It is a package that utilizes the talent we have on this team.

    Again, my only interest in the guy is if he could be a potential Browns choice. Browns need DBs badly.....if he is as good as he has been hyped to be in the beginning this season, I may want him.. But he ain't no NFL LB....just too light. He needs to play safety. His NFL career will be at safety. I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan or what he does at Michigan...playing in offensive packages.

    Doing all that gimmickry may help Michigan somewhat right now....but it does not help his pro prospects. Being the best DB he can be and returning punts is where his NFL future lies. YOU may be entertained by all the rest of that stupid shit he is doing.....and whether or not it helps that team is debatable (they have been hammering opponents....so no need there).

    @the-gipper said:

    Again, my only interest in the guy is if he could be a potential Browns choice. Browns need DBs badly.....if he is as good as he has been hyped to be in the beginning this season, I may want him.. But he ain't no NFL LB....just too light. He needs to play safety. His NFL career will be at safety. I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan or what he does at Michigan...playing in offensive packages.

    Doing all that gimmickry may help Michigan somewhat right now....but it does not help his pro prospects. Being the best DB he can be and returning punts is where his NFL future lies. YOU may be entertained by all the rest of that stupid shit he is doing.....and whether or not it helps that team is debatable (they have been hammering opponents....so no need there).

    Ugh

    Interesting that is all you're concerned about, because you've been going on about a lot more in this thread. A thread about the Heisman...

    I gave an example of an NFL LB with a similar background. He's probably a safety, but it's not as far fetched as you're making it seem.

    You aren't saying anything groundbreaking with the Safety and PR take. There might be some NFL OCs out there that would give him an offensive package or two though.

    Yes I am entertained by it. And yes it helps Michigan. Again I follow the team much more closely than you do. Ir definitely helps.

  • @mld-woody said:

    If it makes you feel any better, I have some level of respect for your opinion. I have pretty much 0 respect for Gipper's opinion on issues like this beccause he has been repeatedly shown to not know what he is talking about in the past.

    And I have less respect for your opinion: because: A. you are as stupid a fan of Michigan as Steeler fans are stupid for that team. B. I am thousands of times more knowledgeable than you on every aspect of football.....except being a TUN lap licker. C. I am just innately more experienced and more intelligent than you on these subjects.

    You have tunnel vision when it comes to your team. That's it. That is all you know. How can anyone who is only focused on one single aspect of this sport inure any respect.

    I will be glad to have any independent person test us on any aspect of this. ..except Michigan football (of which I may in fact know as much or more than you do anyway.....at least historically).

    I mean, face it....if it were not for the Ohioans associated with the Michigan program, they would be like, Indiana.

    Schembechler: Ohioan

    Moeller: Ohioan

    Harbaugh: Ohioan

    Woodson: Ohioan

    Des Howard: Ohioan

    If you took all the players that have made the All American lists throughout history....I suggest that likely over 50% were from Ohio.

    Look at yourself.....you are a feckless fuck that is also from Ohio.

    @the-gipper said:

    And I have less respect for your opinion: because: A. you are as stupid a fan of Michigan as Steeler fans are stupid for that team. B. I am thousands of times more knowledgeable than you on every aspect of football.....except being a TUN lap licker. C. I am just innately more experienced and more intelligent than you on these subjects.

    You have tunnel vision when it comes to your team. That's it. That is all you know. How can anyone who is only focused on one single aspect of this sport inure any respect.

    I will be glad to have any independent person test us on any aspect of this. ..except Michigan football (of which I may in fact know as much or more than you do anyway.....at least historically).

    I mean, face it....if it were not for the Ohioans associated with the Michigan program, they would be like, Indiana.

    Schembechler: Ohioan

    Moeller: Ohioan

    Harbaugh: Ohioan

    Woodson: Ohioan

    Des Howard: Ohioan

    If you took all the players that have made the All American lists throughout history....I suggest that likely over 50% were from Ohio.

    Look at yourself.....you are a feckless fuck that is also from Ohio.

    That post is a greatest hits of your bullshit.

    The bias isn't on my end. It's on yours. As an OSU fan. I say much less ridiculous things on here than some of the osilu fans here do.

    You aren't infinitely more times knowledgeable. Like past arguments, you have anecdotal evidence and evidence that's decades old. Look at past "debates", like where you wanted to tell me Miami of Ohio is as good of a school as Michigan. I mean come on. I can throw all of these rankings at you and you'd just ignore them.

    I get that great Michigan football people are from Ohio. I'm from Ohio. I don't care. You bring this shit up all of the time and each time it means nothing.

    You aren't the end all be all on th subject because of longevity and history. The fact you watched a Michigan game in the 70s means nothing in this argument. The fact you know a kid that went to Akron's engineering school doesn't make it a better school.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Yeah? That's what he has to do to be a high draft pick? I mean, the analysts disagree with you... but hey... you must know best.

    "Play pattycake"? What are you talking about? Are we not allowed to utilize one of the best athletes in the country on offense?

    So? you think NFL scouts are all over Peppers over his ability to play RB? or WR? Keep thinking Butch. (for this reason alone, I rest my case)

    And do I think that they should not utilize him on offense? They can if they want....there is nothing prohibiting that. But more and more it is still a gimmick for them to do so. I don't think they need him AT ALL on offense to win most of their games.

    I mean...unless you are conceding that the talent you have on offense is so lax such that you have to get a defensive guy to play there. If that is the case...then I can only presume that Harbaugh is doing a piss poor job of recruiting offensive talent. Is that the case you are making now? Seems to be.

    @the-gipper said:

    So? you think NFL scouts are all over Peppers over his ability to play RB? or WR? Keep thinking Butch. (for this reason alone, I rest my case)

    And do I think that they should not utilize him on offense? They can if they want....there is nothing prohibiting that. But more and more it is still a gimmick for them to do so. I don't think they need him AT ALL on offense to win most of their games.

    I mean...unless you are conceding that the talent you have on offense is so lax such that you have to get a defensive guy to play there. If that is the case...then I can only presume that Harbaugh is doing a piss poor job of recruiting offensive talent. Is that the case you are making now? Seems to be.

    When the fuck did I say his time on offense would make a bog difference to NFL Scouts? I was commenting on the phrase "patty cake" to describe his role on offense. Are you paying attention here or just winging it as you go?

    You can think what you want. Your opinion carries a lot less weight when you don't really watch or follow the team, and claim you knowledge from 30 years ago as reasons why you're right. It has made a a difference in close games. It is a headache for DCs. It got us free yards against Wisconsin. It does help, whether or not you see it.

    Oh god. Now our offensive players are bad Harbaugh can't recruit. Do 5 minutes of research and learn a thing or two. Shit. Can you not wrap your head around why we might want to use one of the best athletes in the country on offense, to utilize all of his skills?

    I remember why I don't do these back and forths now. You repeatedly show you have no idea what you're talking about, but you'll never see it...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again, my only interest in the guy is if he could be a potential Browns choice. Browns need DBs badly.....if he is as good as he has been hyped to be in the beginning this season, I may want him.. But he ain't no NFL LB....just too light. He needs to play safety. His NFL career will be at safety. I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan or what he does at Michigan...playing in offensive packages.

    Doing all that gimmickry may help Michigan somewhat right now....but it does not help his pro prospects. Being the best DB he can be and returning punts is where his NFL future lies. YOU may be entertained by all the rest of that stupid shit he is doing.....and whether or not it helps that team is debatable (they have been hammering opponents....so no need there).

    Ugh

    Interesting that is all you're concerned about, because you've been going on about a lot more in this thread. A thread about the Heisman...

    I gave an example of an NFL LB with a similar background. He's probably a safety, but it's not as far fetched as you're making it seem.

    You aren't saying anything groundbreaking with the Safety and PR take. There might be some NFL OCs out there that would give him an offensive package or two though.

    Yes I am entertained by it. And yes it helps Michigan. Again I follow the team much more closely than you do. Ir definitely helps.

    @mld-woody said:

    Ugh

    Interesting that is all you're concerned about, because you've been going on about a lot more in this thread. A thread about the Heisman...

    Yes.....an award that a defensive player will not win. Nor do I think that a gimmicky player will win. A quarterback will win.

    I gave an example of an NFL LB with a similar background. He's probably a safety, but it's not as far fetched as you're making it seem.

    Who? Refresh my memory.

    You aren't saying anything groundbreaking with the Safety and PR take. There might be some NFL OCs out there that would give him an offensive package or two though.

    At the objection of the NFL teams DC. Put him where he will be playing in the pros. Safety and punt return.

    Yes I am entertained by it. And yes it helps Michigan. Again I follow the team much more closely than you do. Ir definitely helps.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And I have less respect for your opinion: because: A. you are as stupid a fan of Michigan as Steeler fans are stupid for that team. B. I am thousands of times more knowledgeable than you on every aspect of football.....except being a TUN lap licker. C. I am just innately more experienced and more intelligent than you on these subjects.

    You have tunnel vision when it comes to your team. That's it. That is all you know. How can anyone who is only focused on one single aspect of this sport inure any respect.

    I will be glad to have any independent person test us on any aspect of this. ..except Michigan football (of which I may in fact know as much or more than you do anyway.....at least historically).

    I mean, face it....if it were not for the Ohioans associated with the Michigan program, they would be like, Indiana.

    Schembechler: Ohioan

    Moeller: Ohioan

    Harbaugh: Ohioan

    Woodson: Ohioan

    Des Howard: Ohioan

    If you took all the players that have made the All American lists throughout history....I suggest that likely over 50% were from Ohio.

    Look at yourself.....you are a feckless fuck that is also from Ohio.

    That post is a greatest hits of your bullshit.

    The bias isn't on my end. It's on yours. As an OSU fan. I say much less ridiculous things on here than some of the osilu fans here do.

    You aren't infinitely more times knowledgeable. Like past arguments, you have anecdotal evidence and evidence that's decades old. Look at past "debates", like where you wanted to tell me Miami of Ohio is as good of a school as Michigan. I mean come on. I can throw all of these rankings at you and you'd just ignore them.

    I get that great Michigan football people are from Ohio. I'm from Ohio. I don't care. You bring this shit up all of the time and each time it means nothing.

    You aren't the end all be all on th subject because of longevity and history. The fact you watched a Michigan game in the 70s means nothing in this argument. The fact you know a kid that went to Akron's engineering school doesn't make it a better school.

    @mld-woody said:

    That post is a greatest hits of your bullshit.

    You ain't seen shit. This doesn't even come close.

    The bias isn't on my end.

    Maybe not....but the stupid is on your end.

    It's on yours. As an OSU fan. I say much less ridiculous things on here than some of the osilu fans here do.

    I may be biased toward OSU....but it doesn't apply here....in talking about Peppers pro prospects. Look...I am fine with ex-Michigan players joining the Browns if they play well....that is all I want out them.

    You aren't infinitely more times knowledgeable.

    OK.....my knowledge vs. yours isn't infinitely more. There is a finite end to it. Let's just say that it is exponentionally larger.

    Like past arguments, you have anecdotal evidence and evidence that's decades old. Look at past "debates",

    Decades worth of evidence.....from decades ago to now.

    like where you wanted to tell me Miami of Ohio is as good of a school as Michigan. I mean come on. I can throw all of these rankings at you and you'd just ignore them.

    I don't know if I said Miami, Oh. I know I said Kenyon and Oberlin...and others and may have included Miami Oh. in there. And it is just an opinion. In many opinions....that may be the case.

    But one thing we can say: Ohio State is better at football than Michigan, now. (It was not between like 1880 and 1920....I will give you that morsel)

    I get that great Michigan football people are from Ohio. I'm from Ohio. I don't care. You bring this shit up all of the time and each time it means nothing.

    It means that Ohio is Michigan's Daddy.

    You aren't the end all be all on th subject because of longevity and history. The fact you watched a Michigan game in the 70s means nothing in this argument.

    Lets see: 2015 Final Score was like 42-13....THAT does mean something.

    The fact you know a kid that went to Akron's engineering school doesn't make it a better school.

    The fact that I know that you went to Michigan's engineering school does not make it a better school either.

    OK, the only thing I can go on is by what I see. And the only thing that I have to go on on that subject is my interaction with each of you.....and lets just say this....if we take the small sample size of one kid from each school, so far, Michigan is sucking hind tit.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Ugh

    Interesting that is all you're concerned about, because you've been going on about a lot more in this thread. A thread about the Heisman...

    Yes.....an award that a defensive player will not win. Nor do I think that a gimmicky player will win. A quarterback will win.

    I gave an example of an NFL LB with a similar background. He's probably a safety, but it's not as far fetched as you're making it seem.

    Who? Refresh my memory.

    You aren't saying anything groundbreaking with the Safety and PR take. There might be some NFL OCs out there that would give him an offensive package or two though.

    At the objection of the NFL teams DC. Put him where he will be playing in the pros. Safety and punt return.

    Yes I am entertained by it. And yes it helps Michigan. Again I follow the team much more closely than you do. Ir definitely helps.

    @the-gipper said:

    @mld-woody said:

    Ugh

    Interesting that is all you're concerned about, because you've been going on about a lot more in this thread. A thread about the Heisman...

    Yes.....an award that a defensive player will not win. Nor do I think that a gimmicky player will win. A quarterback will win.

    I gave an example of an NFL LB with a similar background. He's probably a safety, but it's not as far fetched as you're making it seem.

    Who? Refresh my memory.

    You aren't saying anything groundbreaking with the Safety and PR take. There might be some NFL OCs out there that would give him an offensive package or two though.

    At the objection of the NFL teams DC. Put him where he will be playing in the pros. Safety and punt return.

    Yes I am entertained by it. And yes it helps Michigan. Again I follow the team much more closely than you do. Ir definitely helps.

    A defensive player has won it in the past. But ya, a QB will most likely win it.

    Deone Bucannon. I posted about him earlier....

  • @mld-woody said:

    That post is a greatest hits of your bullshit.

    You ain't seen shit. This doesn't even come close.

    The bias isn't on my end.

    Maybe not....but the stupid is on your end.

    It's on yours. As an OSU fan. I say much less ridiculous things on here than some of the osilu fans here do.

    I may be biased toward OSU....but it doesn't apply here....in talking about Peppers pro prospects. Look...I am fine with ex-Michigan players joining the Browns if they play well....that is all I want out them.

    You aren't infinitely more times knowledgeable.

    OK.....my knowledge vs. yours isn't infinitely more. There is a finite end to it. Let's just say that it is exponentionally larger.

    Like past arguments, you have anecdotal evidence and evidence that's decades old. Look at past "debates",

    Decades worth of evidence.....from decades ago to now.

    like where you wanted to tell me Miami of Ohio is as good of a school as Michigan. I mean come on. I can throw all of these rankings at you and you'd just ignore them.

    I don't know if I said Miami, Oh. I know I said Kenyon and Oberlin...and others and may have included Miami Oh. in there. And it is just an opinion. In many opinions....that may be the case.

    But one thing we can say: Ohio State is better at football than Michigan, now. (It was not between like 1880 and 1920....I will give you that morsel)

    I get that great Michigan football people are from Ohio. I'm from Ohio. I don't care. You bring this shit up all of the time and each time it means nothing.

    It means that Ohio is Michigan's Daddy.

    You aren't the end all be all on th subject because of longevity and history. The fact you watched a Michigan game in the 70s means nothing in this argument.

    Lets see: 2015 Final Score was like 42-13....THAT does mean something.

    The fact you know a kid that went to Akron's engineering school doesn't make it a better school.

    The fact that I know that you went to Michigan's engineering school does not make it a better school either.

    OK, the only thing I can go on is by what I see. And the only thing that I have to go on on that subject is my interaction with each of you.....and lets just say this....if we take the small sample size of one kid from each school, so far, Michigan is sucking hind tit.

    @the-gipper said:

    @mld-woody said:

    You aren't the end all be all on th subject because of longevity and history. The fact you watched a Michigan game in the 70s means nothing in this argument.

    Lets see: 2015 Final Score was like 42-13....THAT does mean something.

    The fact you know a kid that went to Akron's engineering school doesn't make it a better school.

    The fact that I know that you went to Michigan's engineering school does not make it a better school either.

    OK, the only thing I can go on is by what I see. And the only thing that I have to go on on that subject is my interaction with each of you.....and lets just say this....if we take the small sample size of one kid from each school, so far, Michigan is sucking hind tit.

    The score of the game last year in the context of this conversation literally means nothing.

    The bolded part in red. THAT is exactly what the issue is. You base everything on your own anecdotal evidence. That means jack shit in a back and forth like this, especially when you don't even follow the team this player is on. The Engineering school thing is just the most blatant example of it, but you do this in literally every thread with a back and forth (and usually something Michigan related).

    "I'm old. I've been watching football forever. Therefore I am right. I know someone that goes to that school, and he's a good kid, so that school is amazing. I don't like Michigan, and back in the 70s they were so so. Therefore, Peppers isn't that great. I've been around a while so I am automatically right."

    You just really don't get it. I think that's what I am coming to learn here. You really don't understand why what you're saying has zero merit and means nothing.

  • @the-gipper said:

    @mld-woody said:

    You aren't the end all be all on th subject because of longevity and history. The fact you watched a Michigan game in the 70s means nothing in this argument.

    Lets see: 2015 Final Score was like 42-13....THAT does mean something.

    The fact you know a kid that went to Akron's engineering school doesn't make it a better school.

    The fact that I know that you went to Michigan's engineering school does not make it a better school either.

    OK, the only thing I can go on is by what I see. And the only thing that I have to go on on that subject is my interaction with each of you.....and lets just say this....if we take the small sample size of one kid from each school, so far, Michigan is sucking hind tit.

    The score of the game last year in the context of this conversation literally means nothing.

    The bolded part in red. THAT is exactly what the issue is. You base everything on your own anecdotal evidence. That means jack shit in a back and forth like this, especially when you don't even follow the team this player is on. The Engineering school thing is just the most blatant example of it, but you do this in literally every thread with a back and forth (and usually something Michigan related).

    "I'm old. I've been watching football forever. Therefore I am right. I know someone that goes to that school, and he's a good kid, so that school is amazing. I don't like Michigan, and back in the 70s they were so so. Therefore, Peppers isn't that great. I've been around a while so I am automatically right."

    You just really don't get it. I think that's what I am coming to learn here. You really don't understand why what you're saying has zero merit and means nothing.

    @mld-woody said:

    The score of the game last year in the context of this conversation literally means nothing.

    I don't think you have a clue what the context of this conversation is.

    You claim that I am OSU biased....and I say, certainly I am.....

    But then I produce something objective....non-biased as it relates to these schools......the score of last year's game.....and you dismiss it as not being the context of this conversation.

    It IS EXACTLY the subject of this, and many conversations involving you: Your inability to accept the fact that Ohio State is better than Michigan....and has been for some time.

    The bolded part in red. THAT is exactly what the issue is. You base everything on your own anecdotal evidence. That means jack shit in a back and forth like this, especially when you don't even follow the team this player is on. The Engineering school thing is just the most blatant example of it, but you do this in literally every thread with a back and forth (and usually something Michigan related).

    OK, we can just boil it down to a simple two word, objective statement: Michigan sucks (both football and academically)

    "I'm old. I've been watching football forever. Therefore I am right.

    It means I know more than you certainly. I do know more than you.

    And even respecting the teams right now, this year....you likely don't know more than me. You just know what you think you know about Michigan. You have tunnel vision/rose...or maize piss colored glasses on when it comes to them.

    I know someone that goes to that school, and he's a good kid, so that school is amazing.

    In this respect I am comparing the product: You from Michigan, he from Akron. And I am firm in the regard that Akron has put out a better product than Michigan has...at least in this instance.

    I don't like Michigan, and back in the 70s they were so so.

    And here....you don't even fucking know your own history. Michigan was not so so in the 70s, they were pretty much great....probably the greatest they have ever been in their history. They were great, Ohio State was great. Bo was great, Woody was great. They battle like demons against each other and often were ranked 1-2...or at least both in the Top 5 in the Nation.

    Therefore, Peppers isn't that great. I've been around a while so I am automatically right."

    Here we go again......I am the one that thought Peppers WAS supposed to be a great player....worthy of a Top 3-5 draft spot. YOU are the one that has doused the flames of his alleged excellence by saying that his coverage skills are suspect.

    So...I guess since I thought he could be a great player....and you thought he would not be so great then you say he will be a great player, I guess I shouldn't listen to a word you say....because you contradict yourself. Make up your mind.

    Maybe Z should give you the nickname Schizotron. You act just like the other guy.

    You just really don't get it.

    I get that you are an idiot.

    I think that's what I am coming to learn here.

    You are learning that you are an idiot? Congrats to catching on to what we all have known for a long time.

    You really don't understand why what you're saying has zero merit and means nothing.

    I understand perfectly: You are an idiot with comprehension deficiencies. So, naturally intelligent matters mean nothing to you.

  • You're either trolling or an idiot. This is getting ridiculous. Your insisting the score of game means something here, and that I apparently don't think OSU had been better at football than Michigan, just seals it.

    I can't deal with your ignorance any longer. You don't read past posts where I'm making a point about Bucannon. You think Michigan sucks academically.

    It is all getting too ridiculous. Your blatant OSU bias makes you incapable of having any reasonable conversation about Michigan. It's pathetic.

    I'm done with this for now. If someone else wants to discuss the Heisman, I'm down. I just cannot take your overwhelming ignorance any more.

  • You're either trolling or an idiot. This is getting ridiculous. Your insisting the score of game means something here, and that I apparently don't think OSU had been better at football than Michigan, just seals it.

    I can't deal with your ignorance any longer. You don't read past posts where I'm making a point about Bucannon. You think Michigan sucks academically.

    It is all getting too ridiculous. Your blatant OSU bias makes you incapable of having any reasonable conversation about Michigan. It's pathetic.

    I'm done with this for now. If someone else wants to discuss the Heisman, I'm down. I just cannot take your overwhelming ignorance any more.

    @mld-woody said:

    You're either trolling or an idiot. This is getting ridiculous. Your insisting the score of game means something here, and that I apparently don't think OSU had been better at football than Michigan, just seals it.

    Well....even if I am the troll...you are still the idiot.

    Do you even know what it is that you are arguing for or against?

    Instead of floundering around like a fish in the bottom of a boat....stop and think and figure out what point of argument it is that you are trying to make.

    When you figure out what you would like to be when you grow up. Let us know...and we will tell you if you have gotten there.

    I can't deal with your ignorance any longer.

    You have too much of your own to deal with.

    You don't read past posts where I'm making a point about Bucannon.

    I read them What did you want me to do, fawn over him? ....its just that you went into so many other directions you need a GPS to keep up with all the turns you make and all the side alleys you go down.

    You think Michigan sucks academically.

    See...you really are a fly with the wings pulled off. You make it all so absurdly simple to get your goat.

    It is all getting too ridiculous. Your blatant OSU bias makes you incapable of having any reasonable conversation about Michigan. It's pathetic.

    Why should we have any discussion about Michigan. I thought we concluded that discussion when we agreed that Michigan sucks. Or maybe you didn't agree...but it doesn't matter. (everyone knows it anyway)

    I'm done with this for now. If someone else wants to discuss the Heisman, I'm down. I just cannot take your overwhelming ignorance any more.

    What you mean is that you cannot take my overwhelming intellect, confidence, profuse knowledge in comparison. You can't take that I diminish you.

    As for the Heisman....I am the one that started this Heisman watch thread. I have been putting info on here about all the candidates. You, on the other hand, wanted this thread to disintegrate into another of your Michigan babble threads by only focusing on that one longshot from your school.

    The rest of us might actually like to discuss actual Heisman Trophy candidates, like Jackson/Watson/Barrett/Browning/Knight/ etc. etc. but we can't because you insist on interposing your views on some minor candidate simply because he goes to your school.