***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***
-
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-football-cle-phi-grades-carson-wentz-stars-nfl-debut/
PFF rundown of top performers for each team. In shocking news, Bitonio, Thomas and Greco were among the top O guys, Davis & Kirksey on top on the D - along with an apparently improved Danny Shelton.
===================================
In exchange for stockpiling resources at other positions, the Browns were committed to rolling with a re-tread at quarterback. The Hue Jackson-RG III partnership could still flourish, but the first test proved a failure. Two long completions aside – both more to do with receivers at the catch point than RG III’s location – the Browns struggled to move the football. Even discounting the four dropped passes and a throwaway, Cleveland’s new quarterback was accurate on just 12 of 21 attempts. He failed to notice an Eagles’ linebacker lurking underneath on a crucial red-zone turnover, with the Browns down just a field goal. Jordan Hicks diverted the flight, and Rodney McLeod sealed the takeaway with a diving grab. Cleveland, and RG III, never recovered.
Top offensive grades:
LG Joel Bitonio, 81.1
RG John Greco, 77.0
LT Joe Thomas, 76.3
WR Terrelle Pryor, 75.5
HB Isaiah Crowell, 72.9Veteran lineman run the show
Although not quite at his usual elite level, Joe Thomas still stood out as one of the Browns’ top performers. He loves to get his hands dirty in the run game, earning a 78.8 grade in that facet of play. Thomas did give up a rare sack to Connor Barwin, but emerged from the rest of the game largely unscathed. Additional physicality is provided from the interior by guards John Greco and Joel Bitonio. Each also earned a grade of 78 during their run blocking assignments, generating vertical movement at the line of scrimmage. Together, they could form the backbone of an outstanding.
Top defensive grades:
Chris Kirksey, 83.2
Demario Davis, 78.9
Jordan Poyer, 76.4
Joe Haden, 75.9
Danny Shelton, 72.7Interior should be improved
New pair of inside linebackers Demario Davis and Chris Kirksey made a strong start to their career as a tandem. They were both aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage, nullifying any potential yardage after contact. The pair finished with four stops apiece, limiting the Eagles’ run game considerably. In coverage, they allowed only four catches from six targets for 24 yards. The apparent improvement of Danny Shelton is also encouraging. He was highly disruptive in his 42 snaps, even if he wasn’t always able to finish plays. As well as the new haul of rookies, the development of draftees from previous season will also be key.
-
Zombo said:
Manziel, Dwayne Bowe, Justin Gilbert ... Pettine, Farmer and the worst draft selections of all time ... that was a hard team to stomach, I can't blame anyone for not liking that team.
We rebooted a miserable 3-13 team ... sure losing is hard to stomach ... but what were you guys expecting the first year??
I love watching a young guy like Carl Nassib ... we nailed a pick ... and a third rounder!
Coleman looks to have great skills ... Kindred, Oggie, Schoebert ... football players!
We replaced a bunch of sacks of shits and pussies like Mingo and Gilbert with young productive guys. Or did you enjoy rooting for old slow outside linebackers that couldn't get to the QB anymore?
We NEEDED to go scorched earth. Finally we have a real plan, from the beginning, and I am going to enjoy every second of it .. I can't wait to see them line up Sunday and see who emerges this week.
Finally, we have a coach who is not just here to be here, but is on an effing mission.
I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.
Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.
Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.
Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.
Lotta ranting with no basis... and really not much disagreement.
I am being plenty patient. If you can find where I have bitched about the dismissal of any players, please point it out to me. Ditto for me being for anything short of the blow up we did. I'm being so patient I don't even feel the need to blow 9-7 smoke up my own ass.
What I am not doing is blindly investing any emotion in a rebuild on which the jury is not only out, but has taken the year off.
Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...
I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...
As I told you a while ago...
@tour2ma said:
Will a Phoenix rise from the ashes? I, too, will be looking for signs of it.
But as for "the train"... think I'll walk on ahead to the next station. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for it to catch up to me.
Been nearly two weeks. I've had a nice walk.
And your train is still sitting in the station...
You do know you're not supposed to use the train's shitter while it's in the station.
Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...
I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...
And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.
-
Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...
I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...
And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.
And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.
Do you want them to take a QB just for the sake of it though? Hackenburg, Barkley, Geno Smith, lots of guys have looked good until and into their final year but not cut it in the pros. Others have come on strong in their final year and gone on to be at least serviceable QBs in the NFL.
If there's a guy there that they like, I don't doubt they'll take him, FWIW.
-
Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...
I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...
And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.
And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.
As it stands I see no sure fire franchise QB. Yet..
-
Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...
I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...
And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.
And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.
Nope... no assurances whatsoever... but this is a different FO, so there are also no assurances that they will repeat the errors past FOs.
This is the type of "glass half-full/half-empty" issue I think Z may have been getting at... Personally, I see half a glass of water.
-
Zombo said:
Manziel, Dwayne Bowe, Justin Gilbert ... Pettine, Farmer and the worst draft selections of all time ... that was a hard team to stomach, I can't blame anyone for not liking that team.
We rebooted a miserable 3-13 team ... sure losing is hard to stomach ... but what were you guys expecting the first year??
I love watching a young guy like Carl Nassib ... we nailed a pick ... and a third rounder!
Coleman looks to have great skills ... Kindred, Oggie, Schoebert ... football players!
We replaced a bunch of sacks of shits and pussies like Mingo and Gilbert with young productive guys. Or did you enjoy rooting for old slow outside linebackers that couldn't get to the QB anymore?
We NEEDED to go scorched earth. Finally we have a real plan, from the beginning, and I am going to enjoy every second of it .. I can't wait to see them line up Sunday and see who emerges this week.
Finally, we have a coach who is not just here to be here, but is on an effing mission.
I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.
Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.
Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.
Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.
Lotta ranting with no basis... and really not much disagreement.
I am being plenty patient. If you can find where I have bitched about the dismissal of any players, please point it out to me. Ditto for me being for anything short of the blow up we did. I'm being so patient I don't even feel the need to blow 9-7 smoke up my own ass.
What I am not doing is blindly investing any emotion in a rebuild on which the jury is not only out, but has taken the year off.
Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...
I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...
As I told you a while ago...
@tour2ma said:
Will a Phoenix rise from the ashes? I, too, will be looking for signs of it.
But as for "the train"... think I'll walk on ahead to the next station. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for it to catch up to me.
Been nearly two weeks. I've had a nice walk.
And your train is still sitting in the station...
You do know you're not supposed to use the train's shitter while it's in the station.
Lotta ranting with no basis... and really not much disagreement.
I am being plenty patient. If you can find where I have bitched about the dismissal of any players, please point it out to me. Ditto for me being for anything short of the blow up we did. I'm being so patient I don't even feel the need to blow 9-7 smoke up my own ass.
What I am not doing is blindly investing any emotion in a rebuild on which the jury is not only out, but has taken the year off.
Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...
I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...
As I told you a while ago...
Been nearly two weeks. I've had a nice walk.
And your train is still sitting in the station...
You do know you're not supposed to use the train's shitter while it's in the station.
While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you. I am ranting at negativity in general. There was a time for that. The train HAS left the station. I'm sure you guys will be jumping on at Sixandten Crossing or Sevenandnine Station, I've decided to enjoy it from the beginning and you're all just going to have deal with me loving what we've got.
Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.
Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ... Calfox in the kitchen car baking cookies, War in the caboose working on a time machine ... the shitter got dumped in western PA on our way back from Philly.
Zombo
-
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-football-cle-phi-grades-carson-wentz-stars-nfl-debut/
PFF rundown of top performers for each team. In shocking news, Bitonio, Thomas and Greco were among the top O guys, Davis & Kirksey on top on the D - along with an apparently improved Danny Shelton.
===================================
In exchange for stockpiling resources at other positions, the Browns were committed to rolling with a re-tread at quarterback. The Hue Jackson-RG III partnership could still flourish, but the first test proved a failure. Two long completions aside – both more to do with receivers at the catch point than RG III’s location – the Browns struggled to move the football. Even discounting the four dropped passes and a throwaway, Cleveland’s new quarterback was accurate on just 12 of 21 attempts. He failed to notice an Eagles’ linebacker lurking underneath on a crucial red-zone turnover, with the Browns down just a field goal. Jordan Hicks diverted the flight, and Rodney McLeod sealed the takeaway with a diving grab. Cleveland, and RG III, never recovered.
Top offensive grades:
LG Joel Bitonio, 81.1
RG John Greco, 77.0
LT Joe Thomas, 76.3
WR Terrelle Pryor, 75.5
HB Isaiah Crowell, 72.9Veteran lineman run the show
Although not quite at his usual elite level, Joe Thomas still stood out as one of the Browns’ top performers. He loves to get his hands dirty in the run game, earning a 78.8 grade in that facet of play. Thomas did give up a rare sack to Connor Barwin, but emerged from the rest of the game largely unscathed. Additional physicality is provided from the interior by guards John Greco and Joel Bitonio. Each also earned a grade of 78 during their run blocking assignments, generating vertical movement at the line of scrimmage. Together, they could form the backbone of an outstanding.
Top defensive grades:
Chris Kirksey, 83.2
Demario Davis, 78.9
Jordan Poyer, 76.4
Joe Haden, 75.9
Danny Shelton, 72.7Interior should be improved
New pair of inside linebackers Demario Davis and Chris Kirksey made a strong start to their career as a tandem. They were both aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage, nullifying any potential yardage after contact. The pair finished with four stops apiece, limiting the Eagles’ run game considerably. In coverage, they allowed only four catches from six targets for 24 yards. The apparent improvement of Danny Shelton is also encouraging. He was highly disruptive in his 42 snaps, even if he wasn’t always able to finish plays. As well as the new haul of rookies, the development of draftees from previous season will also be key.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-football-cle-phi-grades-carson-wentz-stars-nfl-debut/
PFF rundown of top performers for each team. In shocking news, Bitonio, Thomas and Greco were among the top O guys, Davis & Kirksey on top on the D - along with an apparently improved Danny Shelton.
===================================
In exchange for stockpiling resources at other positions, the Browns were committed to rolling with a re-tread at quarterback. The Hue Jackson-RG III partnership could still flourish, but the first test proved a failure. Two long completions aside – both more to do with receivers at the catch point than RG III’s location – the Browns struggled to move the football. Even discounting the four dropped passes and a throwaway, Cleveland’s new quarterback was accurate on just 12 of 21 attempts. He failed to notice an Eagles’ linebacker lurking underneath on a crucial red-zone turnover, with the Browns down just a field goal. Jordan Hicks diverted the flight, and Rodney McLeod sealed the takeaway with a diving grab. Cleveland, and RG III, never recovered.
Top offensive grades:
LG Joel Bitonio, 81.1
RG John Greco, 77.0
LT Joe Thomas, 76.3
WR Terrelle Pryor, 75.5
HB Isaiah Crowell, 72.9
Veteran lineman run the show
Although not quite at his usual elite level, Joe Thomas still stood out as one of the Browns’ top performers. He loves to get his hands dirty in the run game, earning a 78.8 grade in that facet of play. Thomas did give up a rare sack to Connor Barwin, but emerged from the rest of the game largely unscathed. Additional physicality is provided from the interior by guards John Greco and Joel Bitonio. Each also earned a grade of 78 during their run blocking assignments, generating vertical movement at the line of scrimmage. Together, they could form the backbone of an outstanding.
Top defensive grades:
Chris Kirksey, 83.2
Demario Davis, 78.9
Jordan Poyer, 76.4
Joe Haden, 75.9
Danny Shelton, 72.7
Interior should be improved
New pair of inside linebackers Demario Davis and Chris Kirksey made a strong start to their career as a tandem. They were both aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage, nullifying any potential yardage after contact. The pair finished with four stops apiece, limiting the Eagles’ run game considerably. In coverage, they allowed only four catches from six targets for 24 yards. The apparent improvement of Danny Shelton is also encouraging. He was highly disruptive in his 42 snaps, even if he wasn’t always able to finish plays. As well as the new haul of rookies, the development of draftees from previous season will also be key.
I was impressed with Kirksey. He was a Farmer pick, right? Or Lombardi? Either way ... they nailed him. Pettine never really took his training wheels off though, substituting him all the time .. he's a full time player, does everything well.
Zombo
-
Lotta ranting with no basis... and really not much disagreement.
I am being plenty patient. If you can find where I have bitched about the dismissal of any players, please point it out to me. Ditto for me being for anything short of the blow up we did. I'm being so patient I don't even feel the need to blow 9-7 smoke up my own ass.
What I am not doing is blindly investing any emotion in a rebuild on which the jury is not only out, but has taken the year off.
Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...
I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...
As I told you a while ago...
Been nearly two weeks. I've had a nice walk.
And your train is still sitting in the station...
You do know you're not supposed to use the train's shitter while it's in the station.
While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you. I am ranting at negativity in general. There was a time for that. The train HAS left the station. I'm sure you guys will be jumping on at Sixandten Crossing or Sevenandnine Station, I've decided to enjoy it from the beginning and you're all just going to have deal with me loving what we've got.
Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.
Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ... Calfox in the kitchen car baking cookies, War in the caboose working on a time machine ... the shitter got dumped in western PA on our way back from Philly.
Zombo
Zombo said:
While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you. I am ranting at negativity in general. There was a time for that. The train HAS left the station. I'm sure you guys will be jumping on at Sixandten Crossing or Sevenandnine Station, I've decided to enjoy it from the beginning and you're all just going to have deal with me loving what we've got.
Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.
Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ... Calfox in the kitchen car baking cookies, War in the caboose working on a time machine ... the shitter got dumped in western PA on our way back from Philly.
Zombo
The bar car on this train is extremely well stocked. I may stay on this train all offseason.
-
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-football-cle-phi-grades-carson-wentz-stars-nfl-debut/
PFF rundown of top performers for each team. In shocking news, Bitonio, Thomas and Greco were among the top O guys, Davis & Kirksey on top on the D - along with an apparently improved Danny Shelton.
===================================
In exchange for stockpiling resources at other positions, the Browns were committed to rolling with a re-tread at quarterback. The Hue Jackson-RG III partnership could still flourish, but the first test proved a failure. Two long completions aside – both more to do with receivers at the catch point than RG III’s location – the Browns struggled to move the football. Even discounting the four dropped passes and a throwaway, Cleveland’s new quarterback was accurate on just 12 of 21 attempts. He failed to notice an Eagles’ linebacker lurking underneath on a crucial red-zone turnover, with the Browns down just a field goal. Jordan Hicks diverted the flight, and Rodney McLeod sealed the takeaway with a diving grab. Cleveland, and RG III, never recovered.
Top offensive grades:
LG Joel Bitonio, 81.1
RG John Greco, 77.0
LT Joe Thomas, 76.3
WR Terrelle Pryor, 75.5
HB Isaiah Crowell, 72.9
Veteran lineman run the show
Although not quite at his usual elite level, Joe Thomas still stood out as one of the Browns’ top performers. He loves to get his hands dirty in the run game, earning a 78.8 grade in that facet of play. Thomas did give up a rare sack to Connor Barwin, but emerged from the rest of the game largely unscathed. Additional physicality is provided from the interior by guards John Greco and Joel Bitonio. Each also earned a grade of 78 during their run blocking assignments, generating vertical movement at the line of scrimmage. Together, they could form the backbone of an outstanding.
Top defensive grades:
Chris Kirksey, 83.2
Demario Davis, 78.9
Jordan Poyer, 76.4
Joe Haden, 75.9
Danny Shelton, 72.7
Interior should be improved
New pair of inside linebackers Demario Davis and Chris Kirksey made a strong start to their career as a tandem. They were both aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage, nullifying any potential yardage after contact. The pair finished with four stops apiece, limiting the Eagles’ run game considerably. In coverage, they allowed only four catches from six targets for 24 yards. The apparent improvement of Danny Shelton is also encouraging. He was highly disruptive in his 42 snaps, even if he wasn’t always able to finish plays. As well as the new haul of rookies, the development of draftees from previous season will also be key.
I was impressed with Kirksey. He was a Farmer pick, right? Or Lombardi? Either way ... they nailed him. Pettine never really took his training wheels off though, substituting him all the time .. he's a full time player, does everything well.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I was impressed with Kirksey. He was a Farmer pick, right? Or Lombardi? Either way ... they nailed him. Pettine never really took his tarining wheels off thosugh, substituting him all the time .. he's a full time player, does everything well.
Zombo
Farmer. That draft gave us Bitonio & Kirksey - And Manziel, Gilbert, West and Desir.
-
Zombo said:
While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you. I am ranting at negativity in general. There was a time for that. The train HAS left the station. I'm sure you guys will be jumping on at Sixandten Crossing or Sevenandnine Station, I've decided to enjoy it from the beginning and you're all just going to have deal with me loving what we've got.
Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.
Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ... Calfox in the kitchen car baking cookies, War in the caboose working on a time machine ... the shitter got dumped in western PA on our way back from Philly.
Zombo
The bar car on this train is extremely well stocked. I may stay on this train all offseason.
-
Zombo said:
I was impressed with Kirksey. He was a Farmer pick, right? Or Lombardi? Either way ... they nailed him. Pettine never really took his tarining wheels off thosugh, substituting him all the time .. he's a full time player, does everything well.
Zombo
Farmer. That draft gave us Bitonio & Kirksey - And Manziel, Gilbert, West and Desir.
Farmer. That draft gave us Bitonio & Kirksey - And Manziel, Gilbert, West and Desir.
Farmer. That draft gave us Bitonio & Kirksey - And Manziel, Gilbert, West and Desir.
We have hired the unemployed Farmer to be the censor on the love train.
Only happy thoughts.
We get a good dose of West on Sunday, don't we?
I'm sure that will work out well for us.
Zombo
-
It did last time. 3 carries for 10 yards and a fumble when he was a Titan.
-
Lotta ranting with no basis... and really not much disagreement.
I am being plenty patient. If you can find where I have bitched about the dismissal of any players, please point it out to me. Ditto for me being for anything short of the blow up we did. I'm being so patient I don't even feel the need to blow 9-7 smoke up my own ass.
What I am not doing is blindly investing any emotion in a rebuild on which the jury is not only out, but has taken the year off.
Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...
I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...
As I told you a while ago...
Been nearly two weeks. I've had a nice walk.
And your train is still sitting in the station...
You do know you're not supposed to use the train's shitter while it's in the station.
While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you. I am ranting at negativity in general. There was a time for that. The train HAS left the station. I'm sure you guys will be jumping on at Sixandten Crossing or Sevenandnine Station, I've decided to enjoy it from the beginning and you're all just going to have deal with me loving what we've got.
Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.
Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ... Calfox in the kitchen car baking cookies, War in the caboose working on a time machine ... the shitter got dumped in western PA on our way back from Philly.
Zombo
Zombo said:
- While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you.
- Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.
- Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ...
- For the record, I got that, but since it was my quote that served as your springboard...
- Not worried... just restating the facts of Nassib that I am already on record saying.
- If true, since you haven't passed me (or run over me), then you must be on the wrong track...

-
Zombo said:
I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.
Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.
Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.
Go Browns. Let's see these young guys smack some Ravens around.
Zombo
The past is past- and Ray has been Farmed out, as was Phil Savage and a host of other losers. Just saw one of the guys that The Hoorta was screaming we should take (Ladainian Tomlinson) got nominated for the HOF. (He's not the only potential HOFer that was still on the board when we drafted either.) If they had listened to my sage drafting acumen, we wouldn't have had to deal with the Quinn Fags, Wee-Dones, or Johnny Juicers either. Yes Mr. Zombo that's why the Browns have continued to suck- they have drafted like shit, and drafted shit. Like Jeremiah Pharms arrested for robbery before he ever made it to training camp, and the very forgettable Beau Bell. Mohamed Massive Drop, Brian Slowbiski, Davie Veikune, the list is almost endless. But I'm seeing faint signs of hope from this draft class. Judgement reserved.


I know we're going to be good, maybe even really good, come 2018 season. I'm not bitching about how bad we're going to be this year- just being realistic, and sort of laughing through the growing pains. I've resigned myself to the Dumpster Dive for one of the Ds. No sense getting upset or losing sleep over it.To put it in Ghoolie terms- I'm sort of worried about our Fatass Samoan Danny. He's not looking like a dominant first round pick right now.
The past is past- and Ray has been Farmed out, as was Phil Savage and a host of other losers. Just saw one of the guys that The Hoorta was screaming we should take (Ladainian Tomlinson) got nominated for the HOF. (He's not the only potential HOFer that was still on the board when we drafted either.) If they had listened to my sage drafting acumen, we wouldn't have had to deal with the Quinn Fags, Wee-Dones, or Johnny Juicers either. Yes Mr. Zombo that's why the Browns have continued to suck- they have drafted like shit, and drafted shit. Like Jeremiah Pharms arrested for robbery before he ever made it to training camp, and the very forgettable Beau Bell. Mohamed Massive Drop, Brian Slowbiski, Davie Veikune, the list is almost endless. But I'm seeing faint signs of hope from this draft class. Judgement reserved.


I know we're going to be good, maybe even really good, come 2018 season. I'm not bitching about how bad we're going to be this year- just being realistic, and sort of laughing through the growing pains. I've resigned myself to the Dumpster Dive for one of the Ds. No sense getting upset or losing sleep over it.To put it in Ghoolie terms- I'm sort of worried about our Fatass Samoan Danny. He's not looking like a dominant first round pick right now.
Nurse Ratched wants to know if you want some cheese with that whine Cheswick.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=Cheswick+wants+his+cigarettes+youtube+video#id=2&vid=97ae47183f643562cebcc62bfc30959c&action=view
-
Lotta ranting with no basis... and really not much disagreement.
I am being plenty patient. If you can find where I have bitched about the dismissal of any players, please point it out to me. Ditto for me being for anything short of the blow up we did. I'm being so patient I don't even feel the need to blow 9-7 smoke up my own ass.
What I am not doing is blindly investing any emotion in a rebuild on which the jury is not only out, but has taken the year off.
Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...
I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...
As I told you a while ago...
Been nearly two weeks. I've had a nice walk.
And your train is still sitting in the station...
You do know you're not supposed to use the train's shitter while it's in the station.
While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you. I am ranting at negativity in general. There was a time for that. The train HAS left the station. I'm sure you guys will be jumping on at Sixandten Crossing or Sevenandnine Station, I've decided to enjoy it from the beginning and you're all just going to have deal with me loving what we've got.
Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.
Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ... Calfox in the kitchen car baking cookies, War in the caboose working on a time machine ... the shitter got dumped in western PA on our way back from Philly.
Zombo
Zombo said:
While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you. I am ranting at negativity in general. There was a time for that. The train HAS left the station. I'm sure you guys will be jumping on at Sixandten Crossing or Sevenandnine Station, I've decided to enjoy it from the beginning and you're all just going to have deal with me loving what we've got.
Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.
Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ... Calfox in the kitchen car baking cookies, War in the caboose working on a time machine ... the shitter got dumped in western PA on our way back from Philly.
Zombo
I'll give you a live report Sunday night on what the team looked like.
The bar car on this train is extremely well stocked. I may stay on this train all offseason.
If the football is lousy- the booze is good.
Nurse Ratched wants to know if you want some cheese with that whine Cheswick.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=Cheswick+wants+his+cigarettes+youtube+video#id=2&vid=97ae47183f643562cebcc62bfc30959c&action=view
Aw- all hurtsies when I'm just stating facts? The past may have nothing to do with the current incarnation of Browns coaching staff and Front Office- but it has everything to do with my attitude towards it. I've seen way too many reboots to get excited and emotionally involved- until I see definite progress. Just because a couple of the new guys looked good week one doesn't cut it. In case you didn't notice- we got our asses kicked last Sunday by a a completely green rookie quarterback.
-
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-football-cle-phi-grades-carson-wentz-stars-nfl-debut/
PFF rundown of top performers for each team. In shocking news, Bitonio, Thomas and Greco were among the top O guys, Davis & Kirksey on top on the D - along with an apparently improved Danny Shelton.
===================================
In exchange for stockpiling resources at other positions, the Browns were committed to rolling with a re-tread at quarterback. The Hue Jackson-RG III partnership could still flourish, but the first test proved a failure. Two long completions aside – both more to do with receivers at the catch point than RG III’s location – the Browns struggled to move the football. Even discounting the four dropped passes and a throwaway, Cleveland’s new quarterback was accurate on just 12 of 21 attempts. He failed to notice an Eagles’ linebacker lurking underneath on a crucial red-zone turnover, with the Browns down just a field goal. Jordan Hicks diverted the flight, and Rodney McLeod sealed the takeaway with a diving grab. Cleveland, and RG III, never recovered.
Top offensive grades:
LG Joel Bitonio, 81.1
RG John Greco, 77.0
LT Joe Thomas, 76.3
WR Terrelle Pryor, 75.5
HB Isaiah Crowell, 72.9Veteran lineman run the show
Although not quite at his usual elite level, Joe Thomas still stood out as one of the Browns’ top performers. He loves to get his hands dirty in the run game, earning a 78.8 grade in that facet of play. Thomas did give up a rare sack to Connor Barwin, but emerged from the rest of the game largely unscathed. Additional physicality is provided from the interior by guards John Greco and Joel Bitonio. Each also earned a grade of 78 during their run blocking assignments, generating vertical movement at the line of scrimmage. Together, they could form the backbone of an outstanding.
Top defensive grades:
Chris Kirksey, 83.2
Demario Davis, 78.9
Jordan Poyer, 76.4
Joe Haden, 75.9
Danny Shelton, 72.7Interior should be improved
New pair of inside linebackers Demario Davis and Chris Kirksey made a strong start to their career as a tandem. They were both aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage, nullifying any potential yardage after contact. The pair finished with four stops apiece, limiting the Eagles’ run game considerably. In coverage, they allowed only four catches from six targets for 24 yards. The apparent improvement of Danny Shelton is also encouraging. He was highly disruptive in his 42 snaps, even if he wasn’t always able to finish plays. As well as the new haul of rookies, the development of draftees from previous season will also be key.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-football-cle-phi-grades-carson-wentz-stars-nfl-debut/
PFF rundown of top performers for each team. In shocking news, Bitonio, Thomas and Greco were among the top O guys, Davis & Kirksey on top on the D - along with an apparently improved Danny Shelton.
===================================
In exchange for stockpiling resources at other positions, the Browns were committed to rolling with a re-tread at quarterback. The Hue Jackson-RG III partnership could still flourish, but the first test proved a failure. Two long completions aside – both more to do with receivers at the catch point than RG III’s location – the Browns struggled to move the football. Even discounting the four dropped passes and a throwaway, Cleveland’s new quarterback was accurate on just 12 of 21 attempts. He failed to notice an Eagles’ linebacker lurking underneath on a crucial red-zone turnover, with the Browns down just a field goal. Jordan Hicks diverted the flight, and Rodney McLeod sealed the takeaway with a diving grab. Cleveland, and RG III, never recovered.
Top offensive grades:
LG Joel Bitonio, 81.1
RG John Greco, 77.0
LT Joe Thomas, 76.3
WR Terrelle Pryor, 75.5
HB Isaiah Crowell, 72.9
Veteran lineman run the show
Although not quite at his usual elite level, Joe Thomas still stood out as one of the Browns’ top performers. He loves to get his hands dirty in the run game, earning a 78.8 grade in that facet of play. Thomas did give up a rare sack to Connor Barwin, but emerged from the rest of the game largely unscathed. Additional physicality is provided from the interior by guards John Greco and Joel Bitonio. Each also earned a grade of 78 during their run blocking assignments, generating vertical movement at the line of scrimmage. Together, they could form the backbone of an outstanding.
Top defensive grades:
Chris Kirksey, 83.2
Demario Davis, 78.9
Jordan Poyer, 76.4
Joe Haden, 75.9
Danny Shelton, 72.7
Interior should be improved
New pair of inside linebackers Demario Davis and Chris Kirksey made a strong start to their career as a tandem. They were both aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage, nullifying any potential yardage after contact. The pair finished with four stops apiece, limiting the Eagles’ run game considerably. In coverage, they allowed only four catches from six targets for 24 yards. The apparent improvement of Danny Shelton is also encouraging. He was highly disruptive in his 42 snaps, even if he wasn’t always able to finish plays. As well as the new haul of rookies, the development of draftees from previous season will also be key.
Great read Chris!
We had the score as close as 13-10 in the 3rd quarter before1 bad shotgun snap ignited a 9 point swing. Later in the game when we were deep in our own territory, we HAD to go for it on 4th down. We didn't make it so Philly scored another TD against deflated sails. As these guys get used to working together - I see no reason that can't get better at handling adversity.
The only time I thought our defense was unacceptable was on Philly's first drive of the game. Then we saw more of Nassib, Ogbah and others. Kindred looks like a breath of fresh air putting anyone he touched on the ground. Love that kid! The only tackle I saw him miss was when he blitzed causing the QB to side-step him into one of Kindred's teammates for a sack. Imagine drafting a defensive player or 2 or 3 or 4 that can actually tackle somebody with the football after first identifying such an ability exists on film. Just out of curiosity, which one of our newcomers looked like he couldn't tackle?
I think these were all our brand new starters in the positions they played last week:
WR - Pryor
WR - Coleman
C - Erving
RT - Pasztor
QB - RG3
OLB - Schobert
ILB - Jones
SS - Campbell
Punter - Colquitt
Kicker - Murray
Newbies that rotated in with starters:
DE - Nassib
DE - Ogbah
S- Kindred
-
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-football-cle-phi-grades-carson-wentz-stars-nfl-debut/
PFF rundown of top performers for each team. In shocking news, Bitonio, Thomas and Greco were among the top O guys, Davis & Kirksey on top on the D - along with an apparently improved Danny Shelton.
===================================
In exchange for stockpiling resources at other positions, the Browns were committed to rolling with a re-tread at quarterback. The Hue Jackson-RG III partnership could still flourish, but the first test proved a failure. Two long completions aside – both more to do with receivers at the catch point than RG III’s location – the Browns struggled to move the football. Even discounting the four dropped passes and a throwaway, Cleveland’s new quarterback was accurate on just 12 of 21 attempts. He failed to notice an Eagles’ linebacker lurking underneath on a crucial red-zone turnover, with the Browns down just a field goal. Jordan Hicks diverted the flight, and Rodney McLeod sealed the takeaway with a diving grab. Cleveland, and RG III, never recovered.
Top offensive grades:
LG Joel Bitonio, 81.1
RG John Greco, 77.0
LT Joe Thomas, 76.3
WR Terrelle Pryor, 75.5
HB Isaiah Crowell, 72.9
Veteran lineman run the show
Although not quite at his usual elite level, Joe Thomas still stood out as one of the Browns’ top performers. He loves to get his hands dirty in the run game, earning a 78.8 grade in that facet of play. Thomas did give up a rare sack to Connor Barwin, but emerged from the rest of the game largely unscathed. Additional physicality is provided from the interior by guards John Greco and Joel Bitonio. Each also earned a grade of 78 during their run blocking assignments, generating vertical movement at the line of scrimmage. Together, they could form the backbone of an outstanding.
Top defensive grades:
Chris Kirksey, 83.2
Demario Davis, 78.9
Jordan Poyer, 76.4
Joe Haden, 75.9
Danny Shelton, 72.7
Interior should be improved
New pair of inside linebackers Demario Davis and Chris Kirksey made a strong start to their career as a tandem. They were both aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage, nullifying any potential yardage after contact. The pair finished with four stops apiece, limiting the Eagles’ run game considerably. In coverage, they allowed only four catches from six targets for 24 yards. The apparent improvement of Danny Shelton is also encouraging. He was highly disruptive in his 42 snaps, even if he wasn’t always able to finish plays. As well as the new haul of rookies, the development of draftees from previous season will also be key.
Great read Chris!
We had the score as close as 13-10 in the 3rd quarter before1 bad shotgun snap ignited a 9 point swing. Later in the game when we were deep in our own territory, we HAD to go for it on 4th down. We didn't make it so Philly scored another TD against deflated sails. As these guys get used to working together - I see no reason that can't get better at handling adversity.
The only time I thought our defense was unacceptable was on Philly's first drive of the game. Then we saw more of Nassib, Ogbah and others. Kindred looks like a breath of fresh air putting anyone he touched on the ground. Love that kid! The only tackle I saw him miss was when he blitzed causing the QB to side-step him into one of Kindred's teammates for a sack. Imagine drafting a defensive player or 2 or 3 or 4 that can actually tackle somebody with the football after first identifying such an ability exists on film. Just out of curiosity, which one of our newcomers looked like he couldn't tackle?
I think these were all our brand new starters in the positions they played last week:
WR - Pryor
WR - Coleman
C - Erving
RT - Pasztor
QB - RG3
OLB - Schobert
ILB - Jones
SS - Campbell
Punter - Colquitt
Kicker - Murray
Newbies that rotated in with starters:
DE - Nassib
DE - Ogbah
S- Kindred
I think these were all our brand new starters in the positions they played last week:
WR - Pryor
WR - Coleman
C - Erving
RT - Pasztor
QB - RG3
OLB - Schobert
ILB - Jones
SS - Campbell
Punter - Colquitt
Kicker - Murray
Newbies that rotated in with starters:
DE - Nassib
DE - Ogbah
S- Kindred
If you want to say mistakes killed us- well OK. Not getting a first down in the first quarter- not very impressive. The advanced breakdown says Griffin stunk- but I didn't need that to realize it. Ha Erving thought the guy in the Browns jersey in the first row of the end zone was the guy he was snapping to.
-
Zombo said:
While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you. I am ranting at negativity in general. There was a time for that. The train HAS left the station. I'm sure you guys will be jumping on at Sixandten Crossing or Sevenandnine Station, I've decided to enjoy it from the beginning and you're all just going to have deal with me loving what we've got.
Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.
Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ... Calfox in the kitchen car baking cookies, War in the caboose working on a time machine ... the shitter got dumped in western PA on our way back from Philly.
Zombo
I'll give you a live report Sunday night on what the team looked like.
The bar car on this train is extremely well stocked. I may stay on this train all offseason.
If the football is lousy- the booze is good.
Nurse Ratched wants to know if you want some cheese with that whine Cheswick.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=Cheswick+wants+his+cigarettes+youtube+video#id=2&vid=97ae47183f643562cebcc62bfc30959c&action=view
Aw- all hurtsies when I'm just stating facts? The past may have nothing to do with the current incarnation of Browns coaching staff and Front Office- but it has everything to do with my attitude towards it. I've seen way too many reboots to get excited and emotionally involved- until I see definite progress. Just because a couple of the new guys looked good week one doesn't cut it. In case you didn't notice- we got our asses kicked last Sunday by a a completely green rookie quarterback.
-
And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.
Nope... no assurances whatsoever... but this is a different FO, so there are also no assurances that they will repeat the errors past FOs.
This is the type of "glass half-full/half-empty" issue I think Z may have been getting at... Personally, I see half a glass of water.
Nope... no assurances whatsoever... but this is a different FO, so there are also no assurances that they will repeat the errors past FOs.
This is the type of "glass half-full/half-empty" issue I think Z may have been getting at... Personally, I see half a glass of water.
Different FO? Last I looked 2016 was this FO. I was talking about trading out of Wentz, passing over Prescott and taking a 5-6 rounder like Kessler in round 3. That's on the current FO and I fear they will repeat that same process by trading out of likely an extremely good draft spot yet again.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login