Skip to content

Hue Jackon Became Too Focused on RG3

The Browns Board
99 27 3.1k
  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #13

    We've been through multiple regimes with multiple staffing changes - yet there's been leaks every year.

    What's the one constant?

    Chris Tabor. He's the leak. Fire his ass.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Per a theory proposed by one member of this board, Hue's sole interest was in having a black QB on board. And he did not like Goff/Wentz because neither of them were black...and wanted to wait for next year for Watson.

    I am not sure that I buy that....but it was a theory proposed.

    It seems to me that is Hue wanted only black QBs, he would not have taken Kessler over Brisset or Prescott.

    LOL, that's definitely not the case. but I spoke with someone who saw every Cody Kessler game a few days ago, and they said they believed he'd be "nothing special" as an NFL QB.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @stillmotion said:

    LOL, that's definitely not the case. but I spoke with someone who saw every Cody Kessler game a few days ago, and they said they believed he'd be "nothing special" as an NFL QB.

    He hasn't shown anything special yet. But then, I suspect that a lot of the same was said about Brian Sipe.

  • @hoorta said:

    ^^^^ Pretty much nailed it Chris. As I've said elsewhere, what did Hue see in Griffin that he didn't see in Wentz? Unless he was overruled by a FO enamored about amassing future draft picks. That would be a very bad start to organizational chemistry.

    5) Assuming this season sucks as bad as predicted, we had better draft one of the Ds next year Watson or Kiser.

    Per a theory proposed by one member of this board, Hue's sole interest was in having a black QB on board. And he did not like Goff/Wentz because neither of them were black...and wanted to wait for next year for Watson.

    I am not sure that I buy that....but it was a theory proposed.

    It seems to me that is Hue wanted only black QBs, he would not have taken Kessler over Brisset or Prescott.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @the-gipper said:

    Per a theory proposed by one member of this board, Hue's sole interest was in having a black QB on board. And he did not like Goff/Wentz because neither of them were black...and wanted to wait for next year for Watson.

    I am not sure that I buy that....but it was a theory proposed.

    It seems to me that is Hue wanted only black QBs, he would not have taken Kessler over Brisset or Prescott.

    Oh brother.

    The guy that brought Carson Palmer to Oakland and Cody Kessler to Cleveland and made stars out of Joe Flacco and And Dalton must have a black QB as starter ... lol.

    Griffin was a former #2 overall pick that was cheap and available, and once LA traded up to get Hue's boy Goff (white as the driven snow) we traded out on Wentz to gamble on RG3 for a year, knowing we would be a major player in the 2017 draft with a very young team and two first rounders.

    Here, is our latest QB hire, Hogan is usually an Irish name, but you better check his lineage for sure:

    201512565f2cb18cab8.JPG

    Just wondering if we are choosing starters on the color of their skin on the other side of the ball too, because our Black GM, Black HC and Black DC just made starters out of third round pick Carl Nassib and 4th round pick Joe Schobert ... somebody better tell them they are white.

    Zombo

  • With Kessler, I'm hoping he can at least develop in to a solid backup who has a lot of experience in Hue's system and will be riding the pine in Cleveland for the next 15 years behind Peyton Montana or Tom Marino or whatever our future HoF QB's name is.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @gftchris said:

    With Kessler, I'm hoping he can at least develop in to a solid backup who has a lot of experience in Hue's system and will be riding the pine in Cleveland for the next 15 years behind Peyton Montana or Tom Marino or whatever our future HoF QB's name is.

    Deshaun Watson

  • @hoorta said:

    ^^^^ Pretty much nailed it Chris. As I've said elsewhere, what did Hue see in Griffin that he didn't see in Wentz? Unless he was overruled by a FO enamored about amassing future draft picks. That would be a very bad start to organizational chemistry.

    5) Assuming this season sucks as bad as predicted, we had better draft one of the Ds next year Watson or Kiser.

    Per a theory proposed by one member of this board, Hue's sole interest was in having a black QB on board. And he did not like Goff/Wentz because neither of them were black...and wanted to wait for next year for Watson.

    I am not sure that I buy that....but it was a theory proposed.

    It seems to me that is Hue wanted only black QBs, he would not have taken Kessler over Brisset or Prescott.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-gipper said:

    Per a theory proposed by one member of this board, Hue's sole interest was in having a black QB on board. And he did not like Goff/Wentz because neither of them were black...and wanted to wait for next year for Watson.

    I am not sure that I buy that....but it was a theory proposed.

    It seems to me that is Hue wanted only black QBs, he would not have taken Kessler over Brisset or Prescott.

    Right. Because we have a bunch of racist fucks on this board

  • I don't think it's as huge of a deal as people are making it out to be. If Wentz ends up being the real deal QB, that's the "holy shit, we fucked up" history note.

    We know what we have in McCown, and that's a decent, back-up level talent. It's not like this team was pining for more than 3-4 wins even with Josh, so Hue went with the "boom or bust" choice in RG3 over McCown. That obviously blew up in about the worst way possible but I don't blame him for going that route between the two. It's 100% clear now that while RG3 has talent at the position, he just will never get out of his own way. I'm sure Hue will see that too. But honestly, given the QB situation what did bringing in RG3 and hoping for a rebirth hurt? Nothing at all except MAYBE (this is where I don't buy it) some development of Kessler. Even IF that's true, we're talking about a very short period of time given how it's panned out.

    The scenario with Kessler is still unfolding so I'm not going to speculate on "good or bad" on that yet nor should anyone. As we know, it's pretty damn likely we're gonna see Kessler suit up so let's just see how that plays out on the field before saying it was stupid or not.

    T The User from Cleveland wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @jrb12711 said:

    I don't think it's as huge of a deal as people are making it out to be. If Wentz ends up being the real deal QB, that's the "holy shit, we fucked up" history note.

    Yeah, but the Browns have done the "holy shit, we fucked up" history note a million times.

  • T The User from Cleveland wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Lol, does anyone else remember when Hue said "it felt like the Earth moved beneath my feet" when referring to RG3's private workout. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000647379/article/hue-jackson-fell-in-love-with-robert-griffin-iii-at-private-workout

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #20

  • @the-gipper said:

    Per a theory proposed by one member of this board, Hue's sole interest was in having a black QB on board. And he did not like Goff/Wentz because neither of them were black...and wanted to wait for next year for Watson.

    I am not sure that I buy that....but it was a theory proposed.

    It seems to me that is Hue wanted only black QBs, he would not have taken Kessler over Brisset or Prescott.

    Oh brother.

    The guy that brought Carson Palmer to Oakland and Cody Kessler to Cleveland and made stars out of Joe Flacco and And Dalton must have a black QB as starter ... lol.

    Griffin was a former #2 overall pick that was cheap and available, and once LA traded up to get Hue's boy Goff (white as the driven snow) we traded out on Wentz to gamble on RG3 for a year, knowing we would be a major player in the 2017 draft with a very young team and two first rounders.

    Here, is our latest QB hire, Hogan is usually an Irish name, but you better check his lineage for sure:

    201512565f2cb18cab8.JPG

    Just wondering if we are choosing starters on the color of their skin on the other side of the ball too, because our Black GM, Black HC and Black DC just made starters out of third round pick Carl Nassib and 4th round pick Joe Schobert ... somebody better tell them they are white.

    Zombo

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Zombo said:

    Oh brother.

    The guy that brought Carson Palmer to Oakland and Cody Kessler to Cleveland and made stars out of Joe Flacco and And Dalton must have a black QB as starter ... lol.

    Griffin was a former #2 overall pick that was cheap and available, and once LA traded up to get Hue's boy Goff (white as the driven snow) we traded out on Wentz to gamble on RG3 for a year, knowing we would be a major player in the 2017 draft with a very young team and two first rounders.

    Here, is our latest QB hire, Hogan is usually an Irish name, but you better check his lineage for sure:

    Just wondering if we are choosing starters on the color of their skin on the other side of the ball too, because our Black GM, Black HC and Black DC just made starters out of third round pick Carl Nassib and 4th round pick Joe Schobert ... somebody better tell them they are white.

    Zombo

    Calculated gamble Z. Kessler? Ummm.... here's what PFF had to say. https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-cody-kessler-qb-usc/

    Yeah- the reaction when we drafted him was Cody who? The sarcasm in me says didn't Holmgren say pretty much the same thing about McCoy? Give me one of the Ds next year please. Golly gee- they're both black. Maybe Hue will have the earth move under his feet when he scouts them next spring. No guarantee Kiser will declare. And we always have those fast risers like Wentz. 🙂

  • Zombo said:

    Oh brother.

    The guy that brought Carson Palmer to Oakland and Cody Kessler to Cleveland and made stars out of Joe Flacco and And Dalton must have a black QB as starter ... lol.

    Griffin was a former #2 overall pick that was cheap and available, and once LA traded up to get Hue's boy Goff (white as the driven snow) we traded out on Wentz to gamble on RG3 for a year, knowing we would be a major player in the 2017 draft with a very young team and two first rounders.

    Here, is our latest QB hire, Hogan is usually an Irish name, but you better check his lineage for sure:

    Just wondering if we are choosing starters on the color of their skin on the other side of the ball too, because our Black GM, Black HC and Black DC just made starters out of third round pick Carl Nassib and 4th round pick Joe Schobert ... somebody better tell them they are white.

    Zombo

    Calculated gamble Z. Kessler? Ummm.... here's what PFF had to say. https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-cody-kessler-qb-usc/

    Yeah- the reaction when we drafted him was Cody who? The sarcasm in me says didn't Holmgren say pretty much the same thing about McCoy? Give me one of the Ds next year please. Golly gee- they're both black. Maybe Hue will have the earth move under his feet when he scouts them next spring. No guarantee Kiser will declare. And we always have those fast risers like Wentz. 🙂

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @hoorta said:

    Calculated gamble Z. Kessler? Ummm.... here's what PFF had to say. https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-cody-kessler-qb-usc/

    Is that the same PFF that said Danny Shelton played well in our opener?

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Zombo said:

    Gee I was just SO wrong. What was I thinking? Hue's going to be another Tony Dungy. Nassib? DROY. Kessler will be another Drew Brees. Happy now? Man, I'm done, with a capital D.

    So sorry I was raining on the happiness train. I have plenty of other things I could do other than waste a lot of time on the Board.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #24

    So the "realists" trust PFF on Kessler but not when it comes to giving us the highest grade in the draft or saying we have some solid young talent. Word.

  • I think the value of RG3 (free agent, low investment, boom or bust) was better than the value of Wentz (2nd overall pick, boom or bust).

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @gftchris said:

    I think the value of RG3 (free agent, low investment, boom or bust) was better than the value of Wentz (2nd overall pick, boom or bust).

    Exactly. Why is this so hard to get?

  • So the "realists" trust PFF on Kessler but not when it comes to giving us the highest grade in the draft or saying we have some solid young talent. Word.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @wargograw said:

    So the "realists" trust PFF on Kessler but not when it comes to giving us the highest grade in the draft or saying we have some solid young talent. Word.

    "We hate analytics and these numbers dorks....unless they are confirming my negative opinions!"

  • Zombo said:

    Gee I was just SO wrong. What was I thinking? Hue's going to be another Tony Dungy. Nassib? DROY. Kessler will be another Drew Brees. Happy now? Man, I'm done, with a capital D.

    So sorry I was raining on the happiness train. I have plenty of other things I could do other than waste a lot of time on the Board.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares
    #27

    @hoorta said:

    Gee I was just SO wrong. What was I thinking? Hue's going to be another Tony Dungy. Nassib? DROY. Kessler will be another Drew Brees. Happy now? Man, I'm done, with a capital D.

    So sorry I was raining on the happiness train. I have plenty of other things I could do other than waste a lot of time on the Board.

    So if your old lady keeps nagging you about past problems in the current, you just sit and indulge her in bringing up that stuff or do you desperately wish she would let it go?

    Because the people moping and bitching in the current won't let it go even though it is a totally different regime using a different approach.

    I would rather not rehash the time I boned a girl while we were on a break 15 years ago, Susies of the Brownsboard.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Yep, Josh must be the answer. He won't ever hit the same age wall that Peyton did and the career loser thing will be history.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I'm getting confused. Last week we needed to "trust Hue" that Kessler needed to be inactivated because he "wasn't ready" for the NFL, but this week we need to "trust Hue" that he is fully ready to be the backup for a fragile McCown?

    OK seems to be a sound plan to me. 😳

  • @hoorta said:

    Gee I was just SO wrong. What was I thinking? Hue's going to be another Tony Dungy. Nassib? DROY. Kessler will be another Drew Brees. Happy now? Man, I'm done, with a capital D.

    So sorry I was raining on the happiness train. I have plenty of other things I could do other than waste a lot of time on the Board.

    So if your old lady keeps nagging you about past problems in the current, you just sit and indulge her in bringing up that stuff or do you desperately wish she would let it go?

    Because the people moping and bitching in the current won't let it go even though it is a totally different regime using a different approach.

    I would rather not rehash the time I boned a girl while we were on a break 15 years ago, Susies of the Brownsboard.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @logicisforsquares said:

    So if your old lady keeps nagging you about past problems in the current, you just sit and indulge her in bringing up that stuff or do you desperately wish she would let it go?

    Because the people moping and bitching in the current won't let it go even though it is a totally different regime using a different approach.

    I would rather not rehash the time I boned a girl while we were on a break 15 years ago, Susies of the Brownsboard.

    Hoorta learned if he wants more attention when he posts, he needs to be a drama queen while pretending he's been saved prior to sharing he needs half a vineyard to dull the pain the Browns cause him on Sundays.

    I guess the other theory is maybe there's a Sorority Herald looking for someone with enough pms to write about what just started to go wrong with the Cleveland Browns for the very first time in 2016. Stay tuned...

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #31

    The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

  • The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares
    #32

    @mudfly said:

    The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

    There are very few people here who say that they know for absolute certainty it will work. However, lots of folks are already crying about the decisions made as if they know this regime is clueless and their plan won't work.

    Reading too much of either side is painful. We just happen to have one side of the wagon loaded up with soothsayers who absolutely know this won't work and cry about it all day.

    Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.