Skip to content

Hue Jackon Became Too Focused on RG3

The Browns Board
99 27 3.1k
  • I think the value of RG3 (free agent, low investment, boom or bust) was better than the value of Wentz (2nd overall pick, boom or bust).

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @gftchris said:

    I think the value of RG3 (free agent, low investment, boom or bust) was better than the value of Wentz (2nd overall pick, boom or bust).

    Exactly. Why is this so hard to get?

  • So the "realists" trust PFF on Kessler but not when it comes to giving us the highest grade in the draft or saying we have some solid young talent. Word.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @wargograw said:

    So the "realists" trust PFF on Kessler but not when it comes to giving us the highest grade in the draft or saying we have some solid young talent. Word.

    "We hate analytics and these numbers dorks....unless they are confirming my negative opinions!"

  • Zombo said:

    Gee I was just SO wrong. What was I thinking? Hue's going to be another Tony Dungy. Nassib? DROY. Kessler will be another Drew Brees. Happy now? Man, I'm done, with a capital D.

    So sorry I was raining on the happiness train. I have plenty of other things I could do other than waste a lot of time on the Board.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares
    #27

    @hoorta said:

    Gee I was just SO wrong. What was I thinking? Hue's going to be another Tony Dungy. Nassib? DROY. Kessler will be another Drew Brees. Happy now? Man, I'm done, with a capital D.

    So sorry I was raining on the happiness train. I have plenty of other things I could do other than waste a lot of time on the Board.

    So if your old lady keeps nagging you about past problems in the current, you just sit and indulge her in bringing up that stuff or do you desperately wish she would let it go?

    Because the people moping and bitching in the current won't let it go even though it is a totally different regime using a different approach.

    I would rather not rehash the time I boned a girl while we were on a break 15 years ago, Susies of the Brownsboard.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Yep, Josh must be the answer. He won't ever hit the same age wall that Peyton did and the career loser thing will be history.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I'm getting confused. Last week we needed to "trust Hue" that Kessler needed to be inactivated because he "wasn't ready" for the NFL, but this week we need to "trust Hue" that he is fully ready to be the backup for a fragile McCown?

    OK seems to be a sound plan to me. 😳

  • @hoorta said:

    Gee I was just SO wrong. What was I thinking? Hue's going to be another Tony Dungy. Nassib? DROY. Kessler will be another Drew Brees. Happy now? Man, I'm done, with a capital D.

    So sorry I was raining on the happiness train. I have plenty of other things I could do other than waste a lot of time on the Board.

    So if your old lady keeps nagging you about past problems in the current, you just sit and indulge her in bringing up that stuff or do you desperately wish she would let it go?

    Because the people moping and bitching in the current won't let it go even though it is a totally different regime using a different approach.

    I would rather not rehash the time I boned a girl while we were on a break 15 years ago, Susies of the Brownsboard.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @logicisforsquares said:

    So if your old lady keeps nagging you about past problems in the current, you just sit and indulge her in bringing up that stuff or do you desperately wish she would let it go?

    Because the people moping and bitching in the current won't let it go even though it is a totally different regime using a different approach.

    I would rather not rehash the time I boned a girl while we were on a break 15 years ago, Susies of the Brownsboard.

    Hoorta learned if he wants more attention when he posts, he needs to be a drama queen while pretending he's been saved prior to sharing he needs half a vineyard to dull the pain the Browns cause him on Sundays.

    I guess the other theory is maybe there's a Sorority Herald looking for someone with enough pms to write about what just started to go wrong with the Cleveland Browns for the very first time in 2016. Stay tuned...

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #31

    The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

  • The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares
    #32

    @mudfly said:

    The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

    There are very few people here who say that they know for absolute certainty it will work. However, lots of folks are already crying about the decisions made as if they know this regime is clueless and their plan won't work.

    Reading too much of either side is painful. We just happen to have one side of the wagon loaded up with soothsayers who absolutely know this won't work and cry about it all day.

    Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.

  • @mudfly said:

    The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

    There are very few people here who say that they know for absolute certainty it will work. However, lots of folks are already crying about the decisions made as if they know this regime is clueless and their plan won't work.

    Reading too much of either side is painful. We just happen to have one side of the wagon loaded up with soothsayers who absolutely know this won't work and cry about it all day.

    Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @logicisforsquares said:

    There are very few people here who say that they know for absolute certainty it will work. However, lots of folks are already crying about the decisions made as if they know this regime is clueless and their plan won't work.

    Reading too much of either side is painful. We just happen to have one side of the wagon loaded up with soothsayers who absolutely know this won't work and cry about it all day.

    Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.

    So therefore................................? 😛

  • Zombo said:

    Gee I was just SO wrong. What was I thinking? Hue's going to be another Tony Dungy. Nassib? DROY. Kessler will be another Drew Brees. Happy now? Man, I'm done, with a capital D.

    So sorry I was raining on the happiness train. I have plenty of other things I could do other than waste a lot of time on the Board.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @hoorta said:

    Gee I was just SO wrong. What was I thinking? Hue's going to be another Tony Dungy. Nassib? DROY. Kessler will be another Drew Brees. Happy now? Man, I'm done, with a capital D.

    So sorry I was raining on the happiness train. I have plenty of other things I could do other than waste a lot of time on the Board.

    He could be Tony Dungy.

    How bout Jimmy Johnson? If you'll recall, he took over a floundering 3-13 team and blew it up. He went 1-15 the first year, and I'm sure there was a lot of bitching and moaning, but he had a plan and he stuck to it.

    1-15, 7-9, 11-5, Super Bowl.

    And he did it through the draft. Traded Herschel Walker for a boatload of draft picks, just like the boatload we have accumulated. We have incredible ammunition in next year's draft.

    You can be the Cowboy fan that was crying about the previous regime and laughing at the young Cowboys being overmatched every week, and I can be the guy saying "finally" ... we're going to build through the draft and let the young guys play ... not fill their positions with stopgaps ... get rid of anybody who won't be part of the solution in three years and get draft picks for them.

    It takes guts to do it this way, but at least they are committed.

    I don't know if Hue will be Jimmy Johnson ... but wouldn't it be great?

    I don't know if Carl Nassib will be DROY, but getting nominated for DROW your first week is a start. Something to grab on to.

    I don't know if Cody Kessler will be any good. But can we wait until he throws an NFL pass before we start ravaging his corpse? Our guys liked him enough to take him in the third round and that is intriguing to me. Just like Coleman, Oggie, Nassib, Scobert, Kindred, etc are intriguing to me. I'm giving them a chance. Maybe four years from now I am watching these youngsters in the Super Bowl. With all of those youngsters coming in next year ... I'm pretty sure I am going to root for those guys too.

    You are welcome to your opinions that is what the board is for. But responding to every one of my posts, even when I'm not in a conversation with you, with your negative take is feeling a lot like trolling. I don't take kindly to trolls. Bite me and I bite back. I defend my Brownies.

    No reason why we can't coexist ... but if you jump on my posts you're going to deal with the angry elf. That's how this works.

    Zombo

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Ive not heard anyone reasonable say "it absolutely wont work"....or that the FO should be canned....etc.....yet I keep seeing accusations that is what we are saying....

    So....You can say "I like what I see" and thats great.....BUT, when I say "I dont like what I see".....Im a crybaby negative asshole who has no way to know that.....

    Both myself and Horta are on record as saying we will wait and see....we WANT them to do well....we HOPE they are great.....and this all gets ignored and twisted into "we are rooting for the Browns to fail....we're not giving the FO a chance.....we want them fired....etc....

    Hey, everyone critiques everything that happens....we critique the draft, the roster, each player and each game...yet, a negative critique is "baaaaaad", but a positive critique is being a good fan...

    I know you keep saying Ill give it 3 years....wont form an opinion till 3 years....etc.....personally, I dont need 3 years to form an opinion. Can my opinion change?....of course....its not carved in stone.....and there is nothing wrong with commenting on players, their performances, moves made by the team, etc....it's what we do....

    You say "stop crying"....and I say stop crying about crying.....we all have opinions and have a right to voice em...

    That is what I see here.....

  • Ive not heard anyone reasonable say "it absolutely wont work"....or that the FO should be canned....etc.....yet I keep seeing accusations that is what we are saying....

    So....You can say "I like what I see" and thats great.....BUT, when I say "I dont like what I see".....Im a crybaby negative asshole who has no way to know that.....

    Both myself and Horta are on record as saying we will wait and see....we WANT them to do well....we HOPE they are great.....and this all gets ignored and twisted into "we are rooting for the Browns to fail....we're not giving the FO a chance.....we want them fired....etc....

    Hey, everyone critiques everything that happens....we critique the draft, the roster, each player and each game...yet, a negative critique is "baaaaaad", but a positive critique is being a good fan...

    I know you keep saying Ill give it 3 years....wont form an opinion till 3 years....etc.....personally, I dont need 3 years to form an opinion. Can my opinion change?....of course....its not carved in stone.....and there is nothing wrong with commenting on players, their performances, moves made by the team, etc....it's what we do....

    You say "stop crying"....and I say stop crying about crying.....we all have opinions and have a right to voice em...

    That is what I see here.....

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @mudfly said:

    Ive not heard anyone reasonable say "it absolutely wont work"....or that the FO should be canned....etc.....yet I keep seeing accusations that is what we are saying....

    So....You can say "I like what I see" and thats great.....BUT, when I say "I dont like what I see".....Im a crybaby negative asshole who has no way to know that.....

    Both myself and Horta are on record as saying we will wait and see....we WANT them to do well....we HOPE they are great.....and this all gets ignored and twisted into "we are rooting for the Browns to fail....we're not giving the FO a chance.....we want them fired....etc....

    Hey, everyone critiques everything that happens....we critique the draft, the roster, each player and each game...yet, a negative critique is "baaaaaad", but a positive critique is being a good fan...

    I know you keep saying Ill give it 3 years....wont form an opinion till 3 years....etc.....personally, I dont need 3 years to form an opinion. Can my opinion change?....of course....its not carved in stone.....and there is nothing wrong with commenting on players, their performances, moves made by the team, etc....it's what we do....

    You say "stop crying"....and I say stop crying about crying.....we all have opinions and have a right to voice em...

    That is what I see here.....

    You have a right to an opinion as does everyone else who is sick of hearing boohooing. That doesn't mean that someone can't be critical of choices made. However, menstruating over past regimes and projecting on to the new one will get people bagging on the bleeder.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Until we have a definitive idea of what we have in these rookies, I won't have too many opinions yay or nay. If the rookies stink at the end of the year then I will question the front office and the coaches in charge of developing them.

  • Ive not heard anyone reasonable say "it absolutely wont work"....or that the FO should be canned....etc.....yet I keep seeing accusations that is what we are saying....

    So....You can say "I like what I see" and thats great.....BUT, when I say "I dont like what I see".....Im a crybaby negative asshole who has no way to know that.....

    Both myself and Horta are on record as saying we will wait and see....we WANT them to do well....we HOPE they are great.....and this all gets ignored and twisted into "we are rooting for the Browns to fail....we're not giving the FO a chance.....we want them fired....etc....

    Hey, everyone critiques everything that happens....we critique the draft, the roster, each player and each game...yet, a negative critique is "baaaaaad", but a positive critique is being a good fan...

    I know you keep saying Ill give it 3 years....wont form an opinion till 3 years....etc.....personally, I dont need 3 years to form an opinion. Can my opinion change?....of course....its not carved in stone.....and there is nothing wrong with commenting on players, their performances, moves made by the team, etc....it's what we do....

    You say "stop crying"....and I say stop crying about crying.....we all have opinions and have a right to voice em...

    That is what I see here.....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #38

    @mudfly said:

    Ive not heard anyone reasonable say "it absolutely wont work"....or that the FO should be canned....etc.....yet I keep seeing accusations that is what we are saying....

    So....You can say "I like what I see" and thats great.....BUT, when I say "I dont like what I see".....Im a crybaby negative asshole who has no way to know that.....

    Both myself and Horta are on record as saying we will wait and see....we WANT them to do well....we HOPE they are great.....and this all gets ignored and twisted into "we are rooting for the Browns to fail....we're not giving the FO a chance.....we want them fired....etc....

    Hey, everyone critiques everything that happens....we critique the draft, the roster, each player and each game...yet, a negative critique is "baaaaaad", but a positive critique is being a good fan...

    I know you keep saying Ill give it 3 years....wont form an opinion till 3 years....etc.....personally, I dont need 3 years to form an opinion. Can my opinion change?....of course....its not carved in stone.....and there is nothing wrong with commenting on players, their performances, moves made by the team, etc....it's what we do....

    You say "stop crying"....and I say stop crying about crying.....we all have opinions and have a right to voice em...

    That is what I see here.....

    Just out of curiosity, who keeps calling you into this beside Hoorta? I don't see anyone calling you out. Nobody.

    Who here has asked Hoorta to predict an undefeated season here? Who here made him purchase game tickets while he wants to tell everyone he's not buying anything from this franchise? Nobody. You 2 guys are announcing accusations that aren't being said while you're complaining everyone is accusing both of you. Again, I don't see anyone calling you out Mud - while Hoorta is referring to all those that didn't join his sudden about-face a Sunshine Train. If anything, you've been crystal clear where you stand so there's less need to question you.

    All I know is I read a lot of conclusions from Hoorta from what he saw on the field in the preseason while I haven't read anybody announcing to others we should all expect flawless football this year or we're not real fans.

    Zombo merely asked if one already expects a rebuild type of disappointing season - why act more surprised than others when one sees what he predicted?

  • Ive not heard anyone reasonable say "it absolutely wont work"....or that the FO should be canned....etc.....yet I keep seeing accusations that is what we are saying....

    So....You can say "I like what I see" and thats great.....BUT, when I say "I dont like what I see".....Im a crybaby negative asshole who has no way to know that.....

    Both myself and Horta are on record as saying we will wait and see....we WANT them to do well....we HOPE they are great.....and this all gets ignored and twisted into "we are rooting for the Browns to fail....we're not giving the FO a chance.....we want them fired....etc....

    Hey, everyone critiques everything that happens....we critique the draft, the roster, each player and each game...yet, a negative critique is "baaaaaad", but a positive critique is being a good fan...

    I know you keep saying Ill give it 3 years....wont form an opinion till 3 years....etc.....personally, I dont need 3 years to form an opinion. Can my opinion change?....of course....its not carved in stone.....and there is nothing wrong with commenting on players, their performances, moves made by the team, etc....it's what we do....

    You say "stop crying"....and I say stop crying about crying.....we all have opinions and have a right to voice em...

    That is what I see here.....

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @mudfly said:

    Ive not heard anyone reasonable say "it absolutely wont work"....or that the FO should be canned....etc.....yet I keep seeing accusations that is what we are saying....

    So....You can say "I like what I see" and thats great.....BUT, when I say "I dont like what I see".....Im a crybaby negative asshole who has no way to know that.....

    Both myself and Horta are on record as saying we will wait and see....we WANT them to do well....we HOPE they are great.....and this all gets ignored and twisted into "we are rooting for the Browns to fail....we're not giving the FO a chance.....we want them fired....etc....

    Hey, everyone critiques everything that happens....we critique the draft, the roster, each player and each game...yet, a negative critique is "baaaaaad", but a positive critique is being a good fan...

    I know you keep saying Ill give it 3 years....wont form an opinion till 3 years....etc.....personally, I dont need 3 years to form an opinion. Can my opinion change?....of course....its not carved in stone.....and there is nothing wrong with commenting on players, their performances, moves made by the team, etc....it's what we do....

    You say "stop crying"....and I say stop crying about crying.....we all have opinions and have a right to voice em...

    That is what I see here.....

    I have no problem with you and Larry or anybody else. You are encouraged to share your opinions.

    I know Larry very well, and he is a longtime loyal Browns fan. I'm going to see him next week, we are going to break bread and watch the Miami game together. Tour too. (Poor Tour, he's probably thinking "What have I got myself into!).

    And Mud, you are one of my favorite posters, you snapped after last year, can't blame you, and now it is going to take a while for the Browns to build back your trust. You need to see some signs ... I get it, I really do.

    Maybe I just need to explain how I work, and how I have always worked: If you are over in thread A with an opposing opinion to mine, I pretty much leave it alone. If you come into my thread ... then we're going to talk. And if you start responding to all of my posts, regardless of which thread, just to be disagreeable with me ... I take the gloves off.

    You've stayed clear of me ... I respect your opinion. Larry kept snipping at me ... he gets my opinion explained to him in no uncertain terms.

    That's all. In the end, we are all just one big fucked-up family with crazy Uncle Ghoolie in the corner restrained in a straight jacket with foam coming out of his mouth. I'm cool with everybody ... except the Steeler fans. And I still have my eye on that "Tex" guy.

    But if someone wants to dance... I'll dance.

    Zombo

  • @mudfly said:

    Ive not heard anyone reasonable say "it absolutely wont work"....or that the FO should be canned....etc.....yet I keep seeing accusations that is what we are saying....

    So....You can say "I like what I see" and thats great.....BUT, when I say "I dont like what I see".....Im a crybaby negative asshole who has no way to know that.....

    Both myself and Horta are on record as saying we will wait and see....we WANT them to do well....we HOPE they are great.....and this all gets ignored and twisted into "we are rooting for the Browns to fail....we're not giving the FO a chance.....we want them fired....etc....

    Hey, everyone critiques everything that happens....we critique the draft, the roster, each player and each game...yet, a negative critique is "baaaaaad", but a positive critique is being a good fan...

    I know you keep saying Ill give it 3 years....wont form an opinion till 3 years....etc.....personally, I dont need 3 years to form an opinion. Can my opinion change?....of course....its not carved in stone.....and there is nothing wrong with commenting on players, their performances, moves made by the team, etc....it's what we do....

    You say "stop crying"....and I say stop crying about crying.....we all have opinions and have a right to voice em...

    That is what I see here.....

    I have no problem with you and Larry or anybody else. You are encouraged to share your opinions.

    I know Larry very well, and he is a longtime loyal Browns fan. I'm going to see him next week, we are going to break bread and watch the Miami game together. Tour too. (Poor Tour, he's probably thinking "What have I got myself into!).

    And Mud, you are one of my favorite posters, you snapped after last year, can't blame you, and now it is going to take a while for the Browns to build back your trust. You need to see some signs ... I get it, I really do.

    Maybe I just need to explain how I work, and how I have always worked: If you are over in thread A with an opposing opinion to mine, I pretty much leave it alone. If you come into my thread ... then we're going to talk. And if you start responding to all of my posts, regardless of which thread, just to be disagreeable with me ... I take the gloves off.

    You've stayed clear of me ... I respect your opinion. Larry kept snipping at me ... he gets my opinion explained to him in no uncertain terms.

    That's all. In the end, we are all just one big fucked-up family with crazy Uncle Ghoolie in the corner restrained in a straight jacket with foam coming out of his mouth. I'm cool with everybody ... except the Steeler fans. And I still have my eye on that "Tex" guy.

    But if someone wants to dance... I'll dance.

    Zombo

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Zombo said:

    if you start responding to all of my posts, regardless of which thread, just to be disagreeable with me ... I take the gloves off.

    You've stayed clear of me ... I respect your opinion. Larry kept snipping at me ... he gets my opinion explained to him in no uncertain terms.

    Zombo

    Much better said than I did - but totally agree with 100% of it on my behalf as well. I'm not calling out Mud - Hoorta keeps attaching his name like people are calling out Mud. The 2 guys came from very different positions before Larry has come to pretend there's only a small nucleus of fans thinking they're better off with a wait and see first. Did any of Hoorta's preseason summaries look anything close to he's on a wait and see first mode? They looked pretty conclusive to me and others.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #41

    shoulda kept butch davis. shoulda kept mangini. shoulda kept pettine.

    yeah. i said it.

    isn't it amazing that someone will 'cry' for a regime to be fired because they personally don't like them, the new regime get's hired, the people that liked the last call it a dumb move and say the new regime will suck. all of a sudden the people that like the new regime say 'stop crying'. sounds like talking out the sides of their faces to me.

    hue jackson is the second coming of the great white whale (holmgren), except hue is black. (oops better not use the word black......eh?).

  • @the-gipper said:

    Per a theory proposed by one member of this board, Hue's sole interest was in having a black QB on board. And he did not like Goff/Wentz because neither of them were black...and wanted to wait for next year for Watson.

    I am not sure that I buy that....but it was a theory proposed.

    It seems to me that is Hue wanted only black QBs, he would not have taken Kessler over Brisset or Prescott.

    Oh brother.

    The guy that brought Carson Palmer to Oakland and Cody Kessler to Cleveland and made stars out of Joe Flacco and And Dalton must have a black QB as starter ... lol.

    Griffin was a former #2 overall pick that was cheap and available, and once LA traded up to get Hue's boy Goff (white as the driven snow) we traded out on Wentz to gamble on RG3 for a year, knowing we would be a major player in the 2017 draft with a very young team and two first rounders.

    Here, is our latest QB hire, Hogan is usually an Irish name, but you better check his lineage for sure:

    201512565f2cb18cab8.JPG

    Just wondering if we are choosing starters on the color of their skin on the other side of the ball too, because our Black GM, Black HC and Black DC just made starters out of third round pick Carl Nassib and 4th round pick Joe Schobert ... somebody better tell them they are white.

    Zombo

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Zombo said:

    Oh brother.

    The guy that brought Carson Palmer to Oakland and Cody Kessler to Cleveland and made stars out of Joe Flacco and And Dalton must have a black QB as starter ... lol.

    Griffin was a former #2 overall pick that was cheap and available, and once LA traded up to get Hue's boy Goff (white as the driven snow) we traded out on Wentz to gamble on RG3 for a year, knowing we would be a major player in the 2017 draft with a very young team and two first rounders.

    Here, is our latest QB hire, Hogan is usually an Irish name, but you better check his lineage for sure:

    201512565f2cb18cab8.JPG

    Just wondering if we are choosing starters on the color of their skin on the other side of the ball too, because our Black GM, Black HC and Black DC just made starters out of third round pick Carl Nassib and 4th round pick Joe Schobert ... somebody better tell them they are white.

    Zombo

    I know, I said that it was not my theory...just a theory I heard propounded.

  • The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @mudfly said:

    The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

    I admit it. I am coming out of the closet. I am a Drama Queen.

  • @mudfly said:

    The real problem is that anyone who has an opinion opposing yours is a drama queen, wants attention, etc etc....

    And there are a bunch of folks here who dont want you to post your opinion, unless it matches their opinion....

    So, post a matching opinion and no one says anything....but post an opposing opinion and get attacked....o

    Posting your opinion is not being a drama queen....BUT CONSTANTLY GOING AFTER FOLKS WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS IS...so, I think Horta has every right to voice his opinion without all you guys jumping him for it....

    So, instead of calling him names and chopping him at the knees, why dont you look in the mirror and realize that it's not drama till you make it such, by trying to silence opinions you dont like...

    Somehow, people here can EASILY see the greatness that is 5 years away.....YET, the same people claim its premature and not possible for us to see anything bad now, because it's too soon....so, how does that work???

    My opinion(a word I like ....a LOT)...opinion////

    There are very few people here who say that they know for absolute certainty it will work. However, lots of folks are already crying about the decisions made as if they know this regime is clueless and their plan won't work.

    Reading too much of either side is painful. We just happen to have one side of the wagon loaded up with soothsayers who absolutely know this won't work and cry about it all day.

    Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @logicisforsquares said:

    There are very few people here who say that they know for absolute certainty it will work. However, lots of folks are already crying about the decisions made as if they know this regime is clueless and their plan won't work.

    Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.

    Funny thing is that is not where hoorta started... and it's really not where he is. In defending his skepticism he has been cast in a negative light. And there are others in hoorta's boat as well. Your "tally" of where folks stand says as much.

    I'll add that I disagree with your tally in a couple ways.

    • First: The scale is not as simple as one end or the other. There's a whole continuum of views from totally negative to totally positive.
    • Second: The true count at the two extremes is not lopsided to the negative, but rather it is essentially equal. The bulk of the forum is actually somewhere in the middle, skeptics awaiting data.

    @mudfly said:

    Both myself and Horta are on record as saying we will wait and see....we WANT them to do well....we HOPE they are great.....and this all gets ignored and twisted into "we are rooting for the Browns to fail....we're not giving the FO a chance.....we want them fired....etc....

    Or to summarize: "If you ain't with us, then you're against us." Some folks simply can't handle more than binary options...

    Zombo said:

    I know Larry very well, and he is a longtime loyal Browns fan. I'm going to see him next week, we are going to break bread and watch the Miami game together. Tour too. (Poor Tour, he's probably thinking "What have I got myself into!).

    lol... I have to admit that I was thinking of packing my old, Indians' batting helmet...