Carson Wentz
-
Just when you think it can't be any worse, Carson Wentz destroys the Steelers and basically looks all-universe in the process.
I mean...
Just when you think it can't be any worse, Carson Wentz destroys the Steelers and basically looks all-universe in the process.
I mean...
We don't have fucking Carson Wentz, so let it go. Jesus.
What we do have is a 3rd round pick who in 3 weeks went from not even sniffing the field to starting, on the road, and was one weiner-ass kicker from winning the game. That same QB led a team to over 400 yards of offense. There's a lot to be positive about, crying over spilled milk is a waste of time.
-
Jrb for prezzy.
-
Just when you think it can't be any worse, Carson Wentz destroys the Steelers and basically looks all-universe in the process.
I mean...
We don't have fucking Carson Wentz, so let it go. Jesus.
What we do have is a 3rd round pick who in 3 weeks went from not even sniffing the field to starting, on the road, and was one weiner-ass kicker from winning the game. That same QB led a team to over 400 yards of offense. There's a lot to be positive about, crying over spilled milk is a waste of time.
We don't have fucking Carson Wentz, so let it go. Jesus.
What we do have is a 3rd round pick who in 3 weeks went from not even sniffing the field to starting, on the road, and was one weiner-ass kicker from winning the game. That same QB led a team to over 400 yards of offense. There's a lot to be positive about, crying over spilled milk is a waste of time.
uhhh.............. that's what this forum is about........opinions. there is always history being spewed here (cuz that's all this franchise has), so complaining about something that happened 5 months ago should be of no surprise.
and believe me, put the film up of cody kessler next to that of carson wentz and it's not even close. and the positives aren't swinging kessler's way. wentz looks like the second coming of marino in arm strength and young in mobility whilst being able to read defenses like a pro. all in a prototypical franchise qb body.
when kessler is shining shoes at the bus terminal, i'm sure he'll take homage knowing that there were some dopes on a forum that thought he was going to be the saviour in cleveland.
-
We don't have fucking Carson Wentz, so let it go. Jesus.
What we do have is a 3rd round pick who in 3 weeks went from not even sniffing the field to starting, on the road, and was one weiner-ass kicker from winning the game. That same QB led a team to over 400 yards of offense. There's a lot to be positive about, crying over spilled milk is a waste of time.
uhhh.............. that's what this forum is about........opinions. there is always history being spewed here (cuz that's all this franchise has), so complaining about something that happened 5 months ago should be of no surprise.
and believe me, put the film up of cody kessler next to that of carson wentz and it's not even close. and the positives aren't swinging kessler's way. wentz looks like the second coming of marino in arm strength and young in mobility whilst being able to read defenses like a pro. all in a prototypical franchise qb body.
when kessler is shining shoes at the bus terminal, i'm sure he'll take homage knowing that there were some dopes on a forum that thought he was going to be the saviour in cleveland.
uhhh.............. that's what this forum is about........opinions. there is always history being spewed here (cuz that's all this franchise has), so complaining about something that happened 5 months ago should be of no surprise.
and believe me, put the film up of cody kessler next to that of carson wentz and it's not even close. and the positives aren't swinging kessler's way. wentz looks like the second coming of marino in arm strength and young in mobility whilst being able to read defenses like a pro. all in a prototypical franchise qb body.
when kessler is shining shoes at the bus terminal, i'm sure he'll take homage knowing that there were some dopes on a forum that thought he was going to be the saviour in cleveland.
Heh, he's one inch taller than our last midget and two steps slower. Nothing wrong with this plan.
-
uhhh.............. that's what this forum is about........opinions. there is always history being spewed here (cuz that's all this franchise has), so complaining about something that happened 5 months ago should be of no surprise.
and believe me, put the film up of cody kessler next to that of carson wentz and it's not even close. and the positives aren't swinging kessler's way. wentz looks like the second coming of marino in arm strength and young in mobility whilst being able to read defenses like a pro. all in a prototypical franchise qb body.
when kessler is shining shoes at the bus terminal, i'm sure he'll take homage knowing that there were some dopes on a forum that thought he was going to be the saviour in cleveland.
Heh, he's one inch taller than our last midget and two steps slower. Nothing wrong with this plan.
Heh, he's one inch taller than our last midget and two steps slower. Nothing wrong with this plan.
But I'll bet Kessler isn't in Las Vegas right now.

-
Heh, he's one inch taller than our last midget and two steps slower. Nothing wrong with this plan.
But I'll bet Kessler isn't in Las Vegas right now.

But I'll bet Kessler isn't in Las Vegas right now.

A few more hits through our porous line may change all that. Just give it time.

-
We don't have fucking Carson Wentz, so let it go. Jesus.
What we do have is a 3rd round pick who in 3 weeks went from not even sniffing the field to starting, on the road, and was one weiner-ass kicker from winning the game. That same QB led a team to over 400 yards of offense. There's a lot to be positive about, crying over spilled milk is a waste of time.
uhhh.............. that's what this forum is about........opinions. there is always history being spewed here (cuz that's all this franchise has), so complaining about something that happened 5 months ago should be of no surprise.
and believe me, put the film up of cody kessler next to that of carson wentz and it's not even close. and the positives aren't swinging kessler's way. wentz looks like the second coming of marino in arm strength and young in mobility whilst being able to read defenses like a pro. all in a prototypical franchise qb body.
when kessler is shining shoes at the bus terminal, i'm sure he'll take homage knowing that there were some dopes on a forum that thought he was going to be the saviour in cleveland.
-
It's not crying over spilled milk, it's pointing out how our new front office may have completely screwed our franchise over for ANOTHER ten years. Kessler fought his ass off, but in my opinion, he doesn't have the athletic ability to make it as a starter. Think of it THIS way...who would you compare him to in the NFL today that is successful? And I mean TODAY'S NFL. Don't say Joe Montana or something like that. The game is different now.
To be fair, just because a player doesn't compare to successful players, it doesn't mean that he CAN'T thrive, but I do think it's worth mentioning. Kessler looked extremely slow, and his arm didn't look great. Maybe he can overcome these things, but I just don't think so. It's probably safe to say that we're picking a QB at the top of next year's draft, and let's hope to hell that he works out.
Hey, I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But if I was a betting man, I'd put money on Cody being a backup at best.
-
I have said it 2 years back. That Manziel pick set us back 4-5 years. We are in year 3 of that mess.
-
I remember all the wannabe NFL scouts in here saying he wasn't NFL ready, he comes from North Dakota State, blah blah blah. He's the real deal without a doubt. The Browns have proven once again what a shitty team they are picking talent, no matter who is in the front office it seems.
I remember all the wannabe NFL scouts in here saying he wasn't NFL ready, he comes from North Dakota State, blah blah blah. He's the real deal without a doubt. The Browns have proven once again what a shitty team they are picking talent, no matter who is in the front office it seems.
I was as skeptical as any regarding Wenz, but have to admit that he looks solid and the game/speed are not too much for him..... Let's see how he does now that he's put enough on tape for DCs to figure out how to stop him.
If he continues to look like a mini Big Ben, then yea, it's safe to say that the Browns swung and missed, but we're not there quite yet.
-
He's not a top 20 QB. I trust in Sashi.
-
I remember all the wannabe NFL scouts in here saying he wasn't NFL ready, he comes from North Dakota State, blah blah blah. He's the real deal without a doubt. The Browns have proven once again what a shitty team they are picking talent, no matter who is in the front office it seems.
I was as skeptical as any regarding Wenz, but have to admit that he looks solid and the game/speed are not too much for him..... Let's see how he does now that he's put enough on tape for DCs to figure out how to stop him.
If he continues to look like a mini Big Ben, then yea, it's safe to say that the Browns swung and missed, but we're not there quite yet.
I was as skeptical as any regarding Wenz, but have to admit that he looks solid and the game/speed are not too much for him..... Let's see how he does now that he's put enough on tape for DCs to figure out how to stop him.
If he continues to look like a mini Big Ben, then yea, it's safe to say that the Browns swung and missed, but we're not there quite yet.
Maybe not, but after watching him dismantle Pitt I'd have to say he's well on his way down the home run path for Philly (and a strikeout for the Browns).
-
Unlike Dak who has Eeke, Dez, Witten and best OL in the NFL, Wentz has to work with below-average support and the eagles scored the most points so far.
I mean, other than Wentz, I am not sure I would exchange any eagles offensive player with ours. Maybe Spiroles?
-
He's not a top 20 QB. I trust in Sashi.
He's not a top 20 QB. I trust in Sashi.
That's just such a fucked up comment. Its like multiple negative comments in one.
-
Yes, the Manziel pick really hurt us. At the end of his playing days with us, I felt that he was making some improvement reading the field and making plays. I believe he still struggled in the red zone (as we always do), but you could see the talent when he played. We always clung to the hope he would figure it out, but I think most of us knew he would never be a long term solution. That pick hurt us, and continues to do so.
-
It's not crying over spilled milk, it's pointing out how our new front office may have completely screwed our franchise over for ANOTHER ten years. Kessler fought his ass off, but in my opinion, he doesn't have the athletic ability to make it as a starter. Think of it THIS way...who would you compare him to in the NFL today that is successful? And I mean TODAY'S NFL. Don't say Joe Montana or something like that. The game is different now.
To be fair, just because a player doesn't compare to successful players, it doesn't mean that he CAN'T thrive, but I do think it's worth mentioning. Kessler looked extremely slow, and his arm didn't look great. Maybe he can overcome these things, but I just don't think so. It's probably safe to say that we're picking a QB at the top of next year's draft, and let's hope to hell that he works out.
Hey, I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But if I was a betting man, I'd put money on Cody being a backup at best.
It's not crying over spilled milk, it's pointing out how our new front office may have completely screwed our franchise over for ANOTHER ten years. Kessler fought his ass off, but in my opinion, he doesn't have the athletic ability to make it as a starter. Think of it THIS way...who would you compare him to in the NFL today that is successful? And I mean TODAY'S NFL. Don't say Joe Montana or something like that. The game is different now.
To be fair, just because a player doesn't compare to successful players, it doesn't mean that he CAN'T thrive, but I do think it's worth mentioning. Kessler looked extremely slow, and his arm didn't look great. Maybe he can overcome these things, but I just don't think so. It's probably safe to say that we're picking a QB at the top of next year's draft, and let's hope to hell that he works out.
Hey, I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But if I was a betting man, I'd put money on Cody being a backup at best.
Here's everything in a nutshell.
1) Carson Wentz looks very good, and we could have drafted him.
2) We did not draft him, but drafted a guy in Coleman instead who looks impressive. Hopefully the hand comes back fine, but he certainly has shown promise.
3) We drafted a guy in Cody Kessler who all along was supposed to be the guy to develop for a while. Because the Browns are cursed, he gets thrown to the wolves, on the road, and looks good. Not Wentz good, but "for a third round dude who wasn't supposed to really play this year" type of good. We will certainly see how that manifests over the next several weeks.
4) That same Kessler dude put up 400 yards of offense-not a bad day would you say?
We very well might have missed on Wentz, I'm not arguing with you that. BUT, I don't understand how you guys can't see that the guys we did draft, for arguably the first time in Browns history, actually appear to have talent across the board. We have rookies in their first starts making pick-6's. We have 3rd string rookie QB's putting up impressive offensive stats. We developed a guy in TP who was left for dead.
Point is, I'm very impressed so far with the strategy of the team and the players. They are going to suck this year, but that's the whole point.
-
It's not crying over spilled milk, it's pointing out how our new front office may have completely screwed our franchise over for ANOTHER ten years. Kessler fought his ass off, but in my opinion, he doesn't have the athletic ability to make it as a starter. Think of it THIS way...who would you compare him to in the NFL today that is successful? And I mean TODAY'S NFL. Don't say Joe Montana or something like that. The game is different now.
To be fair, just because a player doesn't compare to successful players, it doesn't mean that he CAN'T thrive, but I do think it's worth mentioning. Kessler looked extremely slow, and his arm didn't look great. Maybe he can overcome these things, but I just don't think so. It's probably safe to say that we're picking a QB at the top of next year's draft, and let's hope to hell that he works out.
Hey, I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But if I was a betting man, I'd put money on Cody being a backup at best.
Here's everything in a nutshell.
1) Carson Wentz looks very good, and we could have drafted him.
2) We did not draft him, but drafted a guy in Coleman instead who looks impressive. Hopefully the hand comes back fine, but he certainly has shown promise.
3) We drafted a guy in Cody Kessler who all along was supposed to be the guy to develop for a while. Because the Browns are cursed, he gets thrown to the wolves, on the road, and looks good. Not Wentz good, but "for a third round dude who wasn't supposed to really play this year" type of good. We will certainly see how that manifests over the next several weeks.
4) That same Kessler dude put up 400 yards of offense-not a bad day would you say?
We very well might have missed on Wentz, I'm not arguing with you that. BUT, I don't understand how you guys can't see that the guys we did draft, for arguably the first time in Browns history, actually appear to have talent across the board. We have rookies in their first starts making pick-6's. We have 3rd string rookie QB's putting up impressive offensive stats. We developed a guy in TP who was left for dead.
Point is, I'm very impressed so far with the strategy of the team and the players. They are going to suck this year, but that's the whole point.
Here's everything in a nutshell.
1) Carson Wentz looks very good, and we could have drafted him.
2) We did not draft him, but drafted a guy in Coleman instead who looks impressive. Hopefully the hand comes back fine, but he certainly has shown promise.
3) We drafted a guy in Cody Kessler who all along was supposed to be the guy to develop for a while. Because the Browns are cursed, he gets thrown to the wolves, on the road, and looks good. Not Wentz good, but "for a third round dude who wasn't supposed to really play this year" type of good. We will certainly see how that manifests over the next several weeks.
4) That same Kessler dude put up 400 yards of offense-not a bad day would you say?
We very well might have missed on Wentz, I'm not arguing with you that. BUT, I don't understand how you guys can't see that the guys we did draft, for arguably the first time in Browns history, actually appear to have talent across the board. We have rookies in their first starts making pick-6's. We have 3rd string rookie QB's putting up impressive offensive stats. We developed a guy in TP who was left for dead.
Point is, I'm very impressed so far with the strategy of the team and the players. They are going to suck this year, but that's the whole point.
#4 is in error. Here is what Kessler did.
GAME
COMP ATT YDS TDS INT RATING 9/25/2016 @ MIA
21 33 244 0 0 85.9
-
Here's everything in a nutshell.
1) Carson Wentz looks very good, and we could have drafted him.
2) We did not draft him, but drafted a guy in Coleman instead who looks impressive. Hopefully the hand comes back fine, but he certainly has shown promise.
3) We drafted a guy in Cody Kessler who all along was supposed to be the guy to develop for a while. Because the Browns are cursed, he gets thrown to the wolves, on the road, and looks good. Not Wentz good, but "for a third round dude who wasn't supposed to really play this year" type of good. We will certainly see how that manifests over the next several weeks.
4) That same Kessler dude put up 400 yards of offense-not a bad day would you say?
We very well might have missed on Wentz, I'm not arguing with you that. BUT, I don't understand how you guys can't see that the guys we did draft, for arguably the first time in Browns history, actually appear to have talent across the board. We have rookies in their first starts making pick-6's. We have 3rd string rookie QB's putting up impressive offensive stats. We developed a guy in TP who was left for dead.
Point is, I'm very impressed so far with the strategy of the team and the players. They are going to suck this year, but that's the whole point.
#4 is in error. Here is what Kessler did.
GAME
COMP ATT YDS TDS INT RATING 9/25/2016 @ MIA
21 33 244 0 0 85.9
#4 is in error. Here is what Kessler did.
GAME
COMP ATT YDS TDS INT RATING 9/25/2016 @ MIA
21 33 244 0 0 85.9
I believe he means the offense put up over 400 total yards during his first start.
Zombo
-
I wanted Goff OR Wentz and it didn't happen.
Just like I wished I was born a millionaire instead of so damned good looking

It's going to be a tough year as a Browns fan...but I'm used to it.
I'm going to enjoy watching some of these kids grow into some mighty fine football players.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
:lol: