Skip to content

Davis Webb

The Browns Board
138 28 5.1k
  • @londonbrown said:

    He's looking at the ball as it comes out of his hand??? I've never seen that before...

    The only excuse I can think of is it "slipped" as he threw it. Appears to be raining given the parkas in the stands.

    post-2853-0-39666900-1488996191_thumb.jpg

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    Im not sure you are very good at differentiating between college QB and Pro QB Aggie. Watsons very much a system QB and his stats would indicate as such. He played on the best offense and best defense team. He did not elevate the position he mearly maintained.

    Mahomes took webb's job because of mobility and webb had an injury. Mobility like his is a gimmick in the nfl anyway. Don't get me wrong i actually like mahomes better as a prospect than watson or kizer but he does not have the arm talent or size of webb nor does he have the pocket presence. Hell webb is actually bigger than kizer.

    I do evaluate one thing that I think often gets left out when it comes to QBs. And all the great ones have it. The will to take their team for the win regardless of the odds against it. Last year I and at least Tour identified Prescott as having "it". This year I think Watson has "it". The rest he can learn on the job. But at the core there has to be that need to win that supersedes all else. I watched Watson demonstrate it while the others all failed in key games at crunch time. You either have that or you don't.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I do evaluate one thing that I think often gets left out when it comes to QBs. And all the great ones have it. The will to take their team for the win regardless of the odds against it. Last year I and at least Tour identified Prescott as having "it". This year I think Watson has "it". The rest he can learn on the job. But at the core there has to be that need to win that supersedes all else. I watched Watson demonstrate it while the others all failed in key games at crunch time. You either have that or you don't.

    Hate to say it Ag. Clemson won the National Championship on an uncalled pick play- that they ran for the second time. Shame on 'Bama for not adjusting. That said, Watson did do well at the combine, but I still have my doubts- on accuracy. You either have that, or you don't. Chucking up floaters in the same area code as Mike Williams? Shades of Manziel doing the same thing with Mike Evans.

    Regarding Trubs- Yeah, the NC State game was bad. But you forget he was a failed 2 point conversion away from tying Stanford in the Bowl game? One of the prettiest 2 minute drives I've ever seen. MHO? He's probably as clutch as Watson- but had far less surrounding talent.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I do evaluate one thing that I think often gets left out when it comes to QBs. And all the great ones have it. The will to take their team for the win regardless of the odds against it. Last year I and at least Tour identified Prescott as having "it". This year I think Watson has "it". The rest he can learn on the job. But at the core there has to be that need to win that supersedes all else. I watched Watson demonstrate it while the others all failed in key games at crunch time. You either have that or you don't.

    Hate to say it Ag. Clemson won the National Championship on an uncalled pick play- that they ran for the second time. Shame on 'Bama for not adjusting. That said, Watson did do well at the combine, but I still have my doubts- on accuracy. You either have that, or you don't. Chucking up floaters in the same area code as Mike Williams? Shades of Manziel doing the same thing with Mike Evans.

    Regarding Trubs- Yeah, the NC State game was bad. But you forget he was a failed 2 point conversion away from tying Stanford in the Bowl game? One of the prettiest 2 minute drives I've ever seen. MHO? He's probably as clutch as Watson- but had far less surrounding talent.

    @hoorta said:

    Hate to say it Ag. Clemson won the National Championship on an uncalled pick play- that they ran for the second time. Shame on 'Bama for not adjusting. That said, Watson did do well at the combine, but I still have my doubts- on accuracy. You either have that, or you don't. Chucking up floaters in the same area code as Mike Williams? Shades of Manziel doing the same thing with Mike Evans.

    Regarding Trubs- Yeah, the NC State game was bad. But you forget he was a failed 2 point conversion away from tying Stanford in the Bowl game? One of the prettiest 2 minute drives I've ever seen. MHO? He's probably as clutch as Watson- but had far less surrounding talent.

    Yeah I was a bit upset with the poor no-calls by the Big 12 ref crew. However, he got them down there for the plays to occur so that has to be a part of the evaluation. We shall see how it all works out.

  • Watched some tape... not seeing a lot there.

  • That video made me cringe. Who is he trying to convince with all that autofelatio?

  • well, his ideal qb he emulates IS Tom Brady....

  • Davis Webb in the 3rd

    Let him and Kess battle it out

    16-0 BABY!!! WOOOT! SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!

  • Much prefer Peterman.

  • Much prefer Peterman.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Much prefer Peterman.

    Most pro ready in the draft but his arm is weaker than Kessler's

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    Much prefer Peterman.

    Most pro ready in the draft but his arm is weaker than Kessler's

    @londonbrown said:

    Most pro ready in the draft but his arm is weaker than Kessler's

    You think so? I didn't get the same sense from him.

    I'm sure there's a stat somewhere to back one of us up.

  • Much prefer Peterman.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Much prefer Peterman.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    You think so? I didn't get the same sense from him.

    I'm sure there's a stat somewhere to back one of us up.

    There was. NFL combine Kessler 55 mph, Peterman 53 mph. This got posted in the Watson undraftable thread. FWIW, a lot of scouts at the Clemson pro day said Watson didn't look lame arm either, though his 49 mph velocity was worse than Connor Shaw. According to the stats that got posted in the spreadsheet I couldn't find, the odds of being a successful NFL qb drop way off if you can't hit 55 mph. IIRC, the only successful qbs drafted since 2008 who couldn't hit that mark were Tyrod Taylor and Dak Prescott- and they both threw with arm issues.

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    Much prefer Peterman.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    You think so? I didn't get the same sense from him.

    I'm sure there's a stat somewhere to back one of us up.

    There was. NFL combine Kessler 55 mph, Peterman 53 mph. This got posted in the Watson undraftable thread. FWIW, a lot of scouts at the Clemson pro day said Watson didn't look lame arm either, though his 49 mph velocity was worse than Connor Shaw. According to the stats that got posted in the spreadsheet I couldn't find, the odds of being a successful NFL qb drop way off if you can't hit 55 mph. IIRC, the only successful qbs drafted since 2008 who couldn't hit that mark were Tyrod Taylor and Dak Prescott- and they both threw with arm issues.

    @hoorta said:

    There was. NFL combine Kessler 55 mph, Peterman 53 mph. This got posted in the Watson undraftable thread. FWIW, a lot of scouts at the Clemson pro day said Watson didn't look lame arm either, though his 49 mph velocity was worse than Connor Shaw. According to the stats that got posted in the spreadsheet I couldn't find, the odds of being a successful NFL qb drop way off if you can't hit 55 mph. IIRC, the only successful qbs drafted since 2008 who couldn't hit that mark were Tyrod Taylor and Dak Prescott- and they both threw with arm issues.

    Actually i saw some scouts saying they could see his arm limitations i'll post a link here in a second

    Deshaun Watson: Arm-strength concerns have followed Watson for the last two seasons on film and aren't going away after he was clocked at 49 miles per hour on the radar gun in Indianapolis. The pro day workout showed some of these same issues, according to a scout who was there. "He just doesn't have a big arm. That's not who he is. Closer to Alex Smith than Marcus Mariota."

    Matt Miller ~ Bleacher Report

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    Much prefer Peterman.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    You think so? I didn't get the same sense from him.

    I'm sure there's a stat somewhere to back one of us up.

    There was. NFL combine Kessler 55 mph, Peterman 53 mph. This got posted in the Watson undraftable thread. FWIW, a lot of scouts at the Clemson pro day said Watson didn't look lame arm either, though his 49 mph velocity was worse than Connor Shaw. According to the stats that got posted in the spreadsheet I couldn't find, the odds of being a successful NFL qb drop way off if you can't hit 55 mph. IIRC, the only successful qbs drafted since 2008 who couldn't hit that mark were Tyrod Taylor and Dak Prescott- and they both threw with arm issues.

    @hoorta said:

    There was. NFL combine Kessler 55 mph, Peterman 53 mph. This got posted in the Watson undraftable thread. FWIW, a lot of scouts at the Clemson pro day said Watson didn't look lame arm either, though his 49 mph velocity was worse than Connor Shaw. According to the stats that got posted in the spreadsheet I couldn't find, the odds of being a successful NFL qb drop way off if you can't hit 55 mph. IIRC, the only successful qbs drafted since 2008 who couldn't hit that mark were Tyrod Taylor and Dak Prescott- and they both threw with arm issues.

    Well if there is a cut-off, there's a cut-off and I'll concede the point. There was some debate in that very thread however as to the validity of those measurements.

    There's also another thing I read where he completed something like 45% of his long passes... That doesn't speak to arm strength, but it does suggest an ability to get long throws to where his receivers can get to them.

  • @hoorta said:

    There was. NFL combine Kessler 55 mph, Peterman 53 mph. This got posted in the Watson undraftable thread. FWIW, a lot of scouts at the Clemson pro day said Watson didn't look lame arm either, though his 49 mph velocity was worse than Connor Shaw. According to the stats that got posted in the spreadsheet I couldn't find, the odds of being a successful NFL qb drop way off if you can't hit 55 mph. IIRC, the only successful qbs drafted since 2008 who couldn't hit that mark were Tyrod Taylor and Dak Prescott- and they both threw with arm issues.

    Well if there is a cut-off, there's a cut-off and I'll concede the point. There was some debate in that very thread however as to the validity of those measurements.

    There's also another thing I read where he completed something like 45% of his long passes... That doesn't speak to arm strength, but it does suggest an ability to get long throws to where his receivers can get to them.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Well if there is a cut-off, there's a cut-off and I'll concede the point. There was some debate in that very thread however as to the validity of those measurements.

    There's also another thing I read where he completed something like 45% of his long passes... That doesn't speak to arm strength, but it does suggest an ability to get long throws to where his receivers can get to them.

    I agree with this perspective all the way.......this whole MPH thing is "suddenly" a vital stat, when it never mattered before???

    I think it's BS......either you can make the throws or you cant.......timing, anticipation, ability to read D's all take the lead in important traits for successful QB's.....not mph

  • Far from a QB guru. but I think it gunna take a Gun in our Division. Every Stadium sits beside a lake or River with possible elements & Winds. Ben,Flacco & Red Rifle our not bean bag tossers. Webb's arm motion looks like to me if allowed time he could drive the ball into a receiver..

  • Far from a QB guru. but I think it gunna take a Gun in our Division. Every Stadium sits beside a lake or River with possible elements & Winds. Ben,Flacco & Red Rifle our not bean bag tossers. Webb's arm motion looks like to me if allowed time he could drive the ball into a receiver..

    @gumby73 said:

    Far from a QB guru. but I think it gunna take a Gun in our Division. Every Stadium sits beside a lake or River with possible elements & Winds. Ben,Flacco & Red Rifle our not bean bag tossers. Webb's arm motion looks like to me if allowed time he could drive the ball into a receiver..

    We need a mailman....get it delivered.....on time.....wind rain snow......

  • @gumby73 said:

    Far from a QB guru. but I think it gunna take a Gun in our Division. Every Stadium sits beside a lake or River with possible elements & Winds. Ben,Flacco & Red Rifle our not bean bag tossers. Webb's arm motion looks like to me if allowed time he could drive the ball into a receiver..

    We need a mailman....get it delivered.....on time.....wind rain snow......

    @mudfly said:

    We need a mailman....get it delivered.....on time.....wind rain snow......

    Problem with Webb, He sometime reminds me of our old #3. Throws it hard, but were just not sure where it is going..A Perfect Mailman 😁

  • Or his brain turns to goose shit under pressure.