Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Dolphins Game Day Thread

The Browns Board
674 56 18.1k
  • @d-bone said:

    True we got the stop, but the end result of kicking saw them having 2 offensive possessions and us only 1....... analytics says no bueno.

    I do not think that word means what you think it means

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I do not think that word means what you think it means

    What word?

  • @d-bone said:

    The defense is getting better each week, and today the o line (by subtraction) got better too.

    Kess looked more like a 3 year vet with some of his throw a ways, but still looked like a rook starting his first ever game at times too.. overall, I thought he did well, and he must have, because he's the first Browns' QB to finish the game in tact this year.

    RBs looked really good (see the o- line comment above).

    STs is obviously the gay pink elephant in the room, and are the big reason we're 0-3 instead of 2-1.

    Hue did a great job today with the offense........ still don't like the choice to kick it in OT (they got 2 processions we got 1)

    I agree with all this. Especially the part about the ST's. How has Tabor lasted through all these different coaches?

    @browns149 said:

    I agree with all this. Especially the part about the ST's. How has Tabor lasted through all these different coaches?

    They look like they get penalized on almost every single return every single year. Our place kicking continues to lose close games every time inclusive of occasions they had the game winning kick opportunity like today and Ratbird game 2 in 2015.

  • Ha!

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I do not think that word means what you think it means

    What word?

    @d-bone said:

    What word?

    Analytics

  • @bbedward said:

    Kicking on the overtime flip made no difference to the outcome since our defense got the stop

    True we got the stop, but the end result of kicking saw them having 2 offensive possessions and us only 1....... analytics says no bueno.

    @d-bone said:

    them having 2 offensive possessions and us only 1....... analytics says no bueno.

    our 1, cost us in penalized field position backwards

  • @d-bone said:

    What word?

    Analytics

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Analytics

    Possibly, not really sure anyone knows what it means..... I thought you were talking about bueno, and being from SoCal, I'm familiar with a little Mexican vernacular.

  • Kessler played good for his first start. Now teams have film on him and will adjust. Still he played much better than I expected him to. Outside of that it's hard to take much away from this game. We still lost to a garbage 0-2 team

    @johnny-fingers-farmer said:

    Kessler played good for his first start. Now teams have film on him and can adjust. Still he played much better than I expected him to. Outside of that it's hard to take much away from this game. We still lost to a garbage 0-2 team

    you are exactly correct. dolphins stink. they are going nowhere. this game,..just another way this team continues to lose. If it is not a blocked field goal returned for a td, its 3 missed fg's...the ol still has discipline issues as it's had forever, special teams ...yikes ..paztor completely turned the momentum around with his poor play. I guess there were no real kickers out there to be had..Oh well...that's the way it goes, it is what it is...

  • @d-bone said:

    them having 2 offensive possessions and us only 1....... analytics says no bueno.

    our 1, cost us in penalized field position backwards

    @gumby73 said:

    our 1, cost us in penalized field position backwards

    Yep, they flipped field position on us, and our youth showed itself at a bad time.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Analytics

    Possibly, not really sure anyone knows what it means..... I thought you were talking about bueno, and being from SoCal, I'm familiar with a little Mexican vernacular.

    @d-bone said:

    Possibly, not really sure anyone knows what it means..... I thought you were talking about bueno, and being from SoCal, I'm familiar with a little Mexican vernacular.

    Haha nope.

    I was being facetious anyway. I think common sense would also say it's no bueno. We have a kicker who's missed twice and an offense that's been pretty decent, why give them the ball?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Analytics

    Possibly, not really sure anyone knows what it means..... I thought you were talking about bueno, and being from SoCal, I'm familiar with a little Mexican vernacular.

    @d-bone said:

    Possibly, not really sure anyone knows what it means..... I thought you were talking about bueno, and being from SoCal, I'm familiar with a little Mexican vernacular.

    Analytics...... Don't take a 6'5" 247 lbs Qb with the 2nd pick in the draft
  • @bbedward said:

    I think it was a dumb call but not the reason we lost regardless.

    We lost solely because we couldn't make field goals. Can't miss 3 FGs inside the 50

    Oh, definitely agree on that, no doubt...... Just hope Hue looks back at his kick decision and does some soul searching.

    @d-bone said:

    Oh, definitely agree on that, no doubt...... Just hope Hue looks back at his kick decision and does some soul searching.

    If we had a good kicker he would not have to do any soul searching. can't miss 3 fg's like that. He played the percentage and got burned. if we had a mediocre kicker, we win this game, but this guy fucking stinks. i'm sure he will be gone anyway....

  • @d-bone said:

    Possibly, not really sure anyone knows what it means..... I thought you were talking about bueno, and being from SoCal, I'm familiar with a little Mexican vernacular.

    Haha nope.

    I was being facetious anyway. I think common sense would also say it's no bueno. We have a kicker who's missed twice and an offense that's been pretty decent, why give them the ball?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Haha nope.

    I was being facetious anyway. I think common sense would also say it's no bueno. We have a kicker who's missed twice and an offense that's been pretty decent, why give them the ball?

    Exactly. Opening day I saw Del Rio go for 2 and the win on the road, and Hue could've (kinda/sorta) done the same thing on his opening drive if a 4th and 2 presented itself in the right area.

  • @d-bone said:

    Possibly, not really sure anyone knows what it means..... I thought you were talking about bueno, and being from SoCal, I'm familiar with a little Mexican vernacular.

    Haha nope.

    I was being facetious anyway. I think common sense would also say it's no bueno. We have a kicker who's missed twice and an offense that's been pretty decent, why give them the ball?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Haha nope.

    I was being facetious anyway. I think common sense would also say it's no bueno. We have a kicker who's missed twice and an offense that's been pretty decent, why give them the ball?

    Because BB did it? I did see some Sipe like passes from the kid. Looked like a wounded duck but ended up where they were supposed to. But to quote Josh Cribbs.... Damn, it seems like we almost always almost win...... And that's the real hurdle.
  • A win just gives us a lower draft choice.

    These last two games have been moral victories for us. Especially today with all the starters out and playing a third string rookie quarterback. There were plenty of mistakes from coaching to execution on the field. Lots of penalties but a lot of youngsters showing potential and fight. Poor field goal production but hey, the kicker was signed on Friday.

    What do we know after 3 games? On Offence: Running game is much better. Receivers of Pryor, Coleman, D. Johnson, Barnidge, (Gordon) etc. are dangerous. No QB, some issues on center-to-left Tackle and too many penalties. On Defence: Run Defence is much better with good line play and ILB tackles. No pass rush. We're still weak in the secondary. Special Teams: Mostly, we need to fix field goal percentage.

  • Not I; I see a team with mostly rookies and second year guys who are being coached up! Pryor, Crowell and Johnson all look like the real deal. If we had an offensive line we would have murdered Miami. We still should have creamed them and they know it! Paztor committing 5 costly penalties! There's no excuse for it! Not 5. Having no kicker is a front office gaffe. They had all off season to find a reliable kicker.

    Does anyone remember Sean Suisham from the Steelers who got hurt in the Hall of Fame Game 2015. I would give him a call; if he's not ready call someone else. But keep looking until you find a kicker.

  • Look at the bright side; The team played better than anyone expected and should have won. We can find a kicker, we can replace Paztor, and Ray Horton's defense is better than anything Jim O Neal brought.

    It's getting better even though Haden, Coleman, Nassib, et al were out. It was better than Mingo and Gilbert for real.

  • Not I; I see a team with mostly rookies and second year guys who are being coached up! Pryor, Crowell and Johnson all look like the real deal. If we had an offensive line we would have murdered Miami. We still should have creamed them and they know it! Paztor committing 5 costly penalties! There's no excuse for it! Not 5. Having no kicker is a front office gaffe. They had all off season to find a reliable kicker.

    Does anyone remember Sean Suisham from the Steelers who got hurt in the Hall of Fame Game 2015. I would give him a call; if he's not ready call someone else. But keep looking until you find a kicker.

    @opal312 said:

    Not I; I see a team with mostly rookies and second year guys who are being coached up.....

    Exactly what I see.

  • What I saw when I watched the game was an offense that is a QB and some 2 decent o linemen away from having a good offense. I saw a defense, despite its flaws and lack of playmakers, that is able to keep us in games. Everyone played hard. Kessler showed more smarts, guts, and ability than anyone thought he was gonna show. Hue has a team of rookies and street meat going out and playing their guys out and its obvious none of the players have given up yet.

  • @johnny-fingers-farmer said:

    Kessler played good for his first start. Now teams have film on him and can adjust. Still he played much better than I expected him to. Outside of that it's hard to take much away from this game. We still lost to a garbage 0-2 team

    you are exactly correct. dolphins stink. they are going nowhere. this game,..just another way this team continues to lose. If it is not a blocked field goal returned for a td, its 3 missed fg's...the ol still has discipline issues as it's had forever, special teams ...yikes ..paztor completely turned the momentum around with his poor play. I guess there were no real kickers out there to be had..Oh well...that's the way it goes, it is what it is...

    @browns52 said:

    you are exactly correct. dolphins stink. they are going nowhere. this game,..just another way this team continues to lose. If it is not a blocked field goal returned for a td, its 3 missed fg's...the ol still has discipline issues as it's had forever, special teams ...yikes ..paztor completely turned the momentum around with his poor play. I guess there were no real kickers out there to be had..Oh well...that's the way it goes, it is what it is...

    on a few of pastors holds that a saw if he had not brought down sue , he would have killed kessler

  • There's no such thing in moral victories. I'm a fan of foresight and the bigger picture, but 3 wins gets the first pick just the same as 0 wins does.

    This should have been a win.

    A culture shock is needed more than anything else. Hue is supposed to bring that. Hasn't happened yet - we're still shooting ourselves in the foot left and right.