Skip to content

Who takes the fall?

The Browns Board
370 53 11.8k
  • D Dawgs89 wrote on last edited by

    I think Hue gets fired if this team starts off next year in shambles. That would make it 4 coaches fired in a 6 year span. With only one ( 14 & 15 Pettine lasting two complete years). I realize this team needs stability. However going 0-20 is unacceptable on many levels.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    The inability of some of you to understand where this franchise is astounds me. The notion that "it's a job in the NFL someone will take it" doesn't work in cleveland. Yes, technically someone will take it...that someone, if we're lucky is a known D1 coach. Most likely some guy willing to coach a year in the NFL before he bolts back to college and collects a paycheck from the Browns for the next 5 years. Seriously, what is wrong with you guys? No one is happy with the job the staff has done with this team...but it's not like this was a playoff bound team that has underachieved. This happens every god damn fucking year....so many of us called it before the season started when there was this mass circle jerk going on that Hue fucking Jackson took the job. How many of you were like "see the Browns can still pull a good coach". Hue is our last chance. Fire him and the franchise might as well go somewhere else. The city doesn't deserve and NFL team if we're calling for a guys job before his first season is over and he was given a team decimated by a series of coaching changes the frequency of which i beleive has never been seen in the NFL ever.

    If you want Hue Jackson fired turn your Browns shit in and leave the board. I wanted changes next year like anybody else but Im consigned to the fact that next year might only be 2 to 3 win season too because we have sooooo much garbage on this team it's going to take years to root it all out and get decent talent. This franchise is just in rebuild so fucking accept it or we're gonna be shit forever.

  • D Dawgs89 wrote on last edited by

    Clevfan4life:

    I don't want Hue fired. I think he's a good coach. Haslam will pull the trigger next season if we start out 0-6 or 0-7. That's my opinion anyways

  • Clevfan4life:

    I don't want Hue fired. I think he's a good coach. Haslam will pull the trigger next season if we start out 0-6 or 0-7. That's my opinion anyways

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @dawgs89 said:

    Clevfan4life:

    I don't want Hue fired. I think he's a good coach. Haslam will pull the trigger next season if we start out 0-6 or 0-7. That's my opinion anyways

    on any other team that move would not be looked at as impulsive. On the Browns, you know how it will be looked at.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic

    I give hue until 2018. The FO experiment i'm more hard on. Next year's draft better include serious blue chip talent picks, busts or not. This picking foundation shit goes out the window after this year cuz we've only been picking foundation so much that this franchises's foundation has risen to the 5th floor.

    I don't think hue is a bad coach....although i think he's better suited as an OC. Horton OTOH bleh. OTJ training can only last so long before you realize the guy just doesn't have it, but a 16 game sample given the shit talent this FO has given him isn't fair. Tweak this, tweak that. Fine. If anyone is on the hot seat next year it's sashi and the ivy league boys.

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by CaineDeSoulis

    Im the opposite mic i'm harder on the coaching than i am FO. I'd give any FO atleast 2 years. I wanted to like hue jackson but he hasnt shown even basic competence as a HC. Just remember he was the head football knowledge guy in the draft room and for free agent acquisition. He has his chosen Number 1 TEAM CAPTAIN FRANCHISE QB. He has his guy RG3. Fair goes out the window when your chosen number 1 QB is a practice squad safety

    Jackson gets a free pass and everyone gets excited about it... Loser mentality

  • I give hue until 2018. The FO experiment i'm more hard on. Next year's draft better include serious blue chip talent picks, busts or not. This picking foundation shit goes out the window after this year cuz we've only been picking foundation so much that this franchises's foundation has risen to the 5th floor.

    I don't think hue is a bad coach....although i think he's better suited as an OC. Horton OTOH bleh. OTJ training can only last so long before you realize the guy just doesn't have it, but a 16 game sample given the shit talent this FO has given him isn't fair. Tweak this, tweak that. Fine. If anyone is on the hot seat next year it's sashi and the ivy league boys.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    I give hue until 2018. The FO experiment i'm more hard on. Next year's draft better include serious blue chip talent picks, busts or not. This picking foundation shit goes out the window after this year cuz we've only been picking foundation so much that this franchises's foundation has risen to the 5th floor.

    I don't think hue is a bad coach....although i think he's better suited as an OC. Horton OTOH bleh. OTJ training can only last so long before you realize the guy just doesn't have it, but a 16 game sample given the shit talent this FO has given him isn't fair. Tweak this, tweak that. Fine. If anyone is on the hot seat next year it's sashi and the ivy league boys.

    Exactly. Hue in his post game presser said Haslam, Sashi, and Depodesta totally support me. What that means is the FO now knows they gave Hue shit to work with. They can't expect him to polish the turd he was handed.

    They had damn better realize analyzing how Dallas went from the outhouse to the penthouse- you win games in the NFL with stud players. Hitting on one stud = 5 mediocre draft picks.

  • Im the opposite mic i'm harder on the coaching than i am FO. I'd give any FO atleast 2 years. I wanted to like hue jackson but he hasnt shown even basic competence as a HC. Just remember he was the head football knowledge guy in the draft room and for free agent acquisition. He has his chosen Number 1 TEAM CAPTAIN FRANCHISE QB. He has his guy RG3. Fair goes out the window when your chosen number 1 QB is a practice squad safety

    Jackson gets a free pass and everyone gets excited about it... Loser mentality

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Im the opposite mic i'm harder on the coaching than i am FO. I'd give any FO atleast 2 years. I wanted to like hue jackson but he hasnt shown even basic competence as a HC. Just remember he was the head football knowledge guy in the draft room and for free agent acquisition. He has his chosen Number 1 TEAM CAPTAIN FRANCHISE QB. He has his guy RG3. Fair goes out the window when your chosen number 1 QB is a practice squad safety

    Jackson gets a free pass and everyone gets excited about it... Loser mentality

    The fuck are you babbling about? It's well understood that the draft was handled by our Ivy League front office and Hue got a classic coaches pick mid round. Guess what? A lot of franchises work that way.

    Thank Christ you aren't in charge. You've still yet to give Cleve a reply on who would even be a decent candidate with NFL experience willing to come here.

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    Im the opposite mic i'm harder on the coaching than i am FO. I'd give any FO atleast 2 years. I wanted to like hue jackson but he hasnt shown even basic competence as a HC. Just remember he was the head football knowledge guy in the draft room and for free agent acquisition. He has his chosen Number 1 TEAM CAPTAIN FRANCHISE QB. He has his guy RG3. Fair goes out the window when your chosen number 1 QB is a practice squad safety

    Jackson gets a free pass and everyone gets excited about it... Loser mentality

    The fuck are you babbling about? It's well understood that the draft was handled by our Ivy League front office and Hue got a classic coaches pick mid round. Guess what? A lot of franchises work that way.

    Thank Christ you aren't in charge. You've still yet to give Cleve a reply on who would even be a decent candidate with NFL experience willing to come here.

    C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by CaineDeSoulis

    @tiamat63 said:

    The fuck are you babbling about? It's well understood that the draft was handled by our Ivy League front office and Hue got a classic coaches pick mid round. Guess what? A lot of franchises work that way.

    Thank Christ you aren't in charge. You've still yet to give Cleve a reply on who would even be a decent candidate with NFL experience willing to come here.

    Are you serious or being facetious in stating that our draft was completely handled by our Ivy League FO? You realise that in every interview and exploit given from the draft that jackson was "very" involved in the selection of players. Sashi is a glorified Moderator for Hue Jackson (coaching staff) and the Scouting departments. Taryl Austin has some traction. Kyle shanny would be nice, Matt Patricia. Eric Mangini. Jeff Fisher maybe as a DC. The Eagles DC i cant remember his name now. Josh McDaniels. Theres always plenty of coaches available. Im alot more concerned on if we can get any free agents to sign here than if we can get new coaching
  • Im the opposite mic i'm harder on the coaching than i am FO. I'd give any FO atleast 2 years. I wanted to like hue jackson but he hasnt shown even basic competence as a HC. Just remember he was the head football knowledge guy in the draft room and for free agent acquisition. He has his chosen Number 1 TEAM CAPTAIN FRANCHISE QB. He has his guy RG3. Fair goes out the window when your chosen number 1 QB is a practice squad safety

    Jackson gets a free pass and everyone gets excited about it... Loser mentality

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Im the opposite mic i'm harder on the coaching than i am FO. I'd give any FO atleast 2 years. I wanted to like hue jackson but he hasnt shown even basic competence as a HC. Just remember he was the head football knowledge guy in the draft room and for free agent acquisition. He has his chosen Number 1 TEAM CAPTAIN FRANCHISE QB. He has his guy RG3. Fair goes out the window when your chosen number 1 QB is a practice squad safety

    Jackson gets a free pass and everyone gets excited about it... Loser mentality

    Don't know about loser mentality- but Jackson has stuck his foot in his mouth- twice. Three strikes and you're out. "I feel the Earth move under my feet, I see the Browns come tumbling down". Remember that one Hue?

    "Just trust me on this one." Regarding Kessler.

    Sushi and Depo had better revoke his draft say-so after pining over those turkeys, Kessler's book has yet to turn to the last page, but Griffin? New tune for ya Hue. "I stepped on a turd under my feet, and the smell was all around..."

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    "I want my 4 win seasons back and I want them NOW."

    Idiots.

    0-14 doesn't show signs of improvement. Shocker. You expect them to play harder down the stretch? After playing football for 19 weeks? If the NFL magically changed our record to put us in the playoff hunt and we had the NFL average for injuries, I'm absolutely positive you'd see your "improvement."

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Worst record ever. Worst defense ever. Worst offense ever. Worst special teams ever. Best HC ever?

  • "I want my 4 win seasons back and I want them NOW."

    Idiots.

    0-14 doesn't show signs of improvement. Shocker. You expect them to play harder down the stretch? After playing football for 19 weeks? If the NFL magically changed our record to put us in the playoff hunt and we had the NFL average for injuries, I'm absolutely positive you'd see your "improvement."

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    "I want my 4 win seasons back and I want them NOW."

    Idiots.

    0-14 doesn't show signs of improvement. Shocker. You expect them to play harder down the stretch? After playing football for 19 weeks? If the NFL magically changed our record to put us in the playoff hunt and we had the NFL average for injuries, I'm absolutely positive you'd see your "improvement."

    Check this out....Other teams actually win games in December. Do you really think they are going to be a NFL juggernaut in a couple of years? They haven't even found one playmaker yet or a way to tackle, pass, kick or run. Procedure penalties up the Ying yang but hey, we got the best coach out there....Man did I ever pick a bad week to quit LSD
  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    And the award for "dumbest fuckers of 2016" goes to....most of the people in this thread.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Yep. Some of us are tired of all the negative nancy overreaction to the first year

    to build the team the right way.

    You can see the WAY they play, that they are all in with Hue, so the idea that replacing the hc is stupid right there.

    I personally wonder about Horton, because it seems his defense only works on paper.... on the field, it often

    makes no sense to me.

    But they are choosing players who love the game, have the character, tougnness, smarts, etc, as bset as anybody can.

    But this is the first year. This is one of the stupidest threads on the Browns forum.

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by CaineDeSoulis

    I wonder what you some of you guys will say next year when we start 0-6. I can already see the posts. You cant judge a HC after 30 weeks of football you really need 60 weeks... Hue can stay HC if we get a true OC and Respectable DC and his draft/player acquisition rights have been revoked. He's just not good enough for the level of responsibility that has been placed on him. He has been overwhelmed all year and it shows

  • I wonder what you some of you guys will say next year when we start 0-6. I can already see the posts. You cant judge a HC after 30 weeks of football you really need 60 weeks... Hue can stay HC if we get a true OC and Respectable DC and his draft/player acquisition rights have been revoked. He's just not good enough for the level of responsibility that has been placed on him. He has been overwhelmed all year and it shows

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I wonder what you some of you guys will say next year when we start 0-6. I can already see the posts. You cant judge a HC after 30 weeks of football you really need 60 weeks...

    If that were to happen I would imagine something along the lines of "this is disappointing, if we don't see much improvement we'll probably have to part ways in January".

    Next question?

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic

    it might be a dumb thread but it bares the question what is the breaking point for all the positive polly's?

    this year is a wash and we all knew it would be, with one caveat, no improvement anywhere. if you think getting rid of people on the roster is an improvement then uh, no. and to think all we did was sign choir boys and over-the-top character guys......uh, no.

    improvement is better talent. (GONG!)

    improvement is better fundamentals from players (GONG!!)

    improvement is better performance from the coaching staff (GONG!!!)

    improvement is more wins than last year (oops, sorry. unless of course you are tanking the season. 😎😎 )

    if it's the same at this time next year i guarantee the same people who are all positive will start to come unglued. just saying.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    Revelatory stuff there mik - people who are giving this year a pass as year one of a complete rebuild won't be happy going 0-16 again. Absolutely outstanding insight there.

  • it might be a dumb thread but it bares the question what is the breaking point for all the positive polly's?

    this year is a wash and we all knew it would be, with one caveat, no improvement anywhere. if you think getting rid of people on the roster is an improvement then uh, no. and to think all we did was sign choir boys and over-the-top character guys......uh, no.

    improvement is better talent. (GONG!)

    improvement is better fundamentals from players (GONG!!)

    improvement is better performance from the coaching staff (GONG!!!)

    improvement is more wins than last year (oops, sorry. unless of course you are tanking the season. 😎😎 )

    if it's the same at this time next year i guarantee the same people who are all positive will start to come unglued. just saying.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    it might be a dumb thread but it bares the question what is the breaking point for all the positive polly's?

    this year is a wash and we all knew it would be, with one caveat, no improvement anywhere. if you think getting rid of people on the roster is an improvement then uh, no. and to think all we did was sign choir boys and over-the-top character guys......uh, no.

    improvement is better talent. (GONG!)

    improvement is better fundamentals from players (GONG!!)

    improvement is better performance from the coaching staff (GONG!!!)

    improvement is more wins than last year (oops, sorry. unless of course you are tanking the season. 😎😎 )

    if it's the same at this time next year i guarantee the same people who are all positive will start to come unglued. just saying.

    The breaking point would probably be the same breaking point it's been this entire time - no evaluation or changes until after year 2.

    Just because there's a ton of impatient babies whining about not getting their way now won't change the plan they set out to do.

    The random whiny bitches coming out of the woodwork to give us their shitty .02 can buckle up or fuck off for all I, or anyone else, cares.