Who takes the fall?
-
I mean, you can't justify 0-16
You can bet they'll try......as will many on this board too.....
The plan.....the plan....
-
I know I didn't think we'd go winless, and I'll be the first one to admit it. In fact, I actually thought we'd surprise some people, and start out the season 3-1, or 2-2. I thought we'd start to crash when injuries set in, and we'd finish in the ball park of 5-11. Crazy thing is, I was pretty damn close to being right. We had a very good chance to win some early games. Since then, we've been a joke.
-
Revelatory stuff there mik - people who are giving this year a pass as year one of a complete rebuild won't be happy going 0-16 again. Absolutely outstanding insight there.
That's wonderful. But Haslam pulls the strings and said he's not firing Hue after this year, so you can take Rizzo's hot take and shove it right back up your ass.
HA!! anger and smarm at it's finest from hue supporters!
woo hoo! we'll see.
HA!! anger and smarm at it's finest from hue supporters!
woo hoo! we'll see.
That's the thing with half of you fucks - it's one team vs. the other because all of you are so goddamn temperamental and want to say "I told you so". You can't handle some Joe Schmo down at your regular watering hole laughing at the Browns because your ego is so goddamn big you look at it as a direct reflection of your inabilities. That's where all this anger and derision must be stemming from.
I'm not a Hue supporter, I'm a Browns supporter. Firing Hue after a year will guarantee that we'll never see success...so I'm smart enough to suck it up because riding the process is for the greater good of the team. I personally don't give a fuck who our coach is in three years...but that's how long of a leash any coach should have.
-
what from this year indicates that we will be a good team in the year 2018 by your measure tim? out of a potential 48 games in that time frame we are about to lose the first 16 of them. so at what point does your clinging to this "Plan" become nothing more than delusion?
We could go 0-16 and it would be fine... IF we showed improvement and were competitive... neither of these things has happend to any great consistency this year -
In case you haven't heard yet, next year at this time we will be getting ready for the playoffs. And that is according to Hue himself.
-
what from this year indicates that we will be a good team in the year 2018 by your measure tim? out of a potential 48 games in that time frame we are about to lose the first 16 of them. so at what point does your clinging to this "Plan" become nothing more than delusion?
We could go 0-16 and it would be fine... IF we showed improvement and were competitive... neither of these things has happend to any great consistency this yearwhat from this year indicates that we will be a good team in the year 2018 by your measure tim? out of a potential 48 games in that time frame we are about to lose the first 16 of them. so at what point does your clinging to this "Plan" become nothing more than delusion?
We could go 0-16 and it would be fine... IF we showed improvement and were competitive... neither of these things has happend to any great consistency this year
The 17 or so rookies we had this year won't be rookies by 2018. Even further, the next 10 or so rookies we're poised to take won't be rookies by that time either.
At what point does your stomping around and complaining become nothing more than proof of you being a whiny, impatient bitch?
-
what from this year indicates that we will be a good team in the year 2018 by your measure tim? out of a potential 48 games in that time frame we are about to lose the first 16 of them. so at what point does your clinging to this "Plan" become nothing more than delusion?
We could go 0-16 and it would be fine... IF we showed improvement and were competitive... neither of these things has happend to any great consistency this year
The 17 or so rookies we had this year won't be rookies by 2018. Even further, the next 10 or so rookies we're poised to take won't be rookies by that time either.
At what point does your stomping around and complaining become nothing more than proof of you being a whiny, impatient bitch?
The 17 or so rookies we had this year won't be rookies by 2018. Even further, the next 10 or so rookies we're poised to take won't be rookies by that time either.
At what point does your stomping around and complaining become nothing more than proof of you being a whiny, impatient bitch?
Its okay to be defensive. being wrong about something can be a tough pill to swallow.
-
The 17 or so rookies we had this year won't be rookies by 2018. Even further, the next 10 or so rookies we're poised to take won't be rookies by that time either.
At what point does your stomping around and complaining become nothing more than proof of you being a whiny, impatient bitch?
Its okay to be defensive. being wrong about something can be a tough pill to swallow.
Its okay to be defensive. being wrong about something can be a tough pill to swallow.
There's a difference in being defensive and being fed up with stupidity.
You, and everyone else calling for yet another demolition, are fucking stupid. There's no way around it.
-
If I didn't know any better, I'd assume CaineDeSoulis is angling for the job.
i am 100% confident that i could match Jackson's record in my first year and abruptly retire lol
actually tim I'm only advocating a change in the coaching staff not the FO. Hell we can even keep Jackson aslong as an OC is hired and ray is replaced. He is a great motivator and the locker seems to like him i suppose, if that counts for shit.
-
Check this out....Other teams actually win games in December. Do you really think they are going to be a NFL juggernaut in a couple of years? They haven't even found one playmaker yet or a way to tackle, pass, kick or run. Procedure penalties up the Ying yang but hey, we got the best coach out there....Man did I ever pick a bad week to quit LSD"I want my 4 win seasons back and I want them NOW."
Idiots.
0-14 doesn't show signs of improvement. Shocker. You expect them to play harder down the stretch? After playing football for 19 weeks? If the NFL magically changed our record to put us in the playoff hunt and we had the NFL average for injuries, I'm absolutely positive you'd see your "improvement."
Check this out....Other teams actually win games in December. Do you really think they are going to be a NFL juggernaut in a couple of years? They haven't even found one playmaker yet or a way to tackle, pass, kick or run. Procedure penalties up the Ying yang but hey, we got the best coach out there....Man did I ever pick a bad week to quit LSD
Did you read what I wrote? Other teams are either in the playoff hunt or haven't been beat down by all the losses.
Sure I wish this team was playing as well right now as I think it could. But it's not. And that's understandable because it's human nature to take it a bit easy in a situation like this. In fact, they are playing a lot harder than I'd honestly expect at this point in this situation.
-
just pointing out that even the most adamant supporters have turned on Hue at this point.
just pointing out that even the most adamant supporters have turned on Hue at this point.
If that's true then why are you having to sell us so hard on it? It's not true whatsoever.
-
Revelatory stuff there mik - people who are giving this year a pass as year one of a complete rebuild won't be happy going 0-16 again. Absolutely outstanding insight there.
if anyone on this board thought we'd be winless this yr, i think you are all full of shit...i know 3-13, 4-12 was my prediction, which is still pretty bad...but 0-16, fuck no, i did not see anyone make a winless prediction on this board at the start of this season...and to make it worse...there is no progress being made..not one iota....that is the worst part...
if anyone on this board thought we'd be winless this yr, i think you are all full of shit...i know 3-13, 4-12 was my prediction, which is still pretty bad...but 0-16, fuck no, i did not see anyone make a winless prediction on this board at the start of this season...and to make it worse...there is no progress being made..not one iota....that is the worst part...
I'm not going to sit here and say I was one of them, but there were PLENTY of people on this board predicting 0-16. Did you guys just black out the entire summer?
-
Caine already admitted, in this thread I believe, that he didn't care about winning football games. He just liked "the hunt for [coaching] talent." He likes change. He likes chaos. Winning games is not one of his concerns whatsoever. So anyone actually giving his arguments any merit either share the same lack of concern for winning, or is wasting their time.
-
If I didn't know any better, I'd assume CaineDeSoulis is angling for the job.
i am 100% confident that i could match Jackson's record in my first year and abruptly retire lol
actually tim I'm only advocating a change in the coaching staff not the FO. Hell we can even keep Jackson aslong as an OC is hired and ray is replaced. He is a great motivator and the locker seems to like him i suppose, if that counts for shit.
i am 100% confident that i could match Jackson's record in my first year and abruptly retire lol
actually tim I'm only advocating a change in the coaching staff not the FO. Hell we can even keep Jackson aslong as an OC is hired and ray is replaced. He is a great motivator and the locker seems to like him i suppose, if that counts for shit.
Im not advocating firing anyone major at this point....waste of time......
But....as I said last year....and again this year.....nothing wrong with tweaking and adjusting an organization....
You dont(and cant) build a quality organization with one giant hire of 40-50 people....there HAS to be adjustment and fine tuning...
I hope Jimmy has learned this......firing everyone is a huge mistake.....and keeping everyone would be the same....
-
I will say this.....Haslam was not expecting or prepared to go 0-16......
Todays radio discussions focused on that and said what Sashi said this spring.....the "expectation" was 4-5 wins.....
Now, Jimmy is looking around and asking why?....coaches say we dont have enough talent.....FO saying the coaches didnt do enough with the talent...
I know I know....it's all Tony Grossi/Tony Rizzo hearsay.....but, where there's smoke there's fire......and I heard Sashi say 4-5 wins would be a disappointment.....so, we know the BROWNS arent pleased and the owner isnt pleased and the FO who engineered this isnt pleased.....so it cant be going according to plan....otherwise, why would Shashi call 5 wins a disappoinment?
and if the coaches, FO and owner are all disappointed, why are we supposed to be otherwise???
I think Jimmah will do something to show his discontent....what?....who knows,,,,,but I think his ego wont let him do nothing
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login