Skip to content

Pryor UFA at the end of this year

The Browns Board
59 29 1.9k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Care to make it interesting?

    Ghoolie has already shown Hue the door- but even if we only win a game or two, I don't think so.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @hoorta said:

    Ghoolie has already shown Hue the door- but even if we only win a game or two, I don't think so.

    Ghoolie won't take a friendly bet on that stance. So he doesnt believe what he says, he does like the attention.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Take the wager, then. There is very little I say that I don't believe in enough to put myself out there.

    And of course if it was ANY other team, but this is the Browns. There was zero expectations of any type of success this year. Player development and cohesion was the top goal, not wins.

    For example - Hue will not be fired. I'm willing to say I'll take a full year break from this board if he is.

    Anyone up for that ?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    And back to your thread from whence you came. I'll read your nonsense when I'm good and ready.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #25

    TP has surprised everyone with his success this season. If he keeps it up over a season we're looking at a thousand yard receiver, which would be excellent, to go alongside Coleman who looks like he'll be a good player in this league. He needs to maybe pick up more TDs before calling him elite, but it's early in his career yet.

    TP is hopefully going to be loyal to the browns for giving him his chance, being a quasi hometown team (via the buckeyes having a lot of crossover fans) and also loyal to Hue Jackson who has also basically coached him almost his entire career now. I'm hopeful this gets worked out and we get a very solid player for a long time.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    PFRumors has story of Pryor maybe looking for a Tavon Austin deal he signed in August. 10.55M/per year, 28.5M in Guarantees. Sashi will also have Crow/ Collins & Paztor looking for a ballooned Cleveland deal.. Always good to strike a deal earlier than later in Cleveland hey Sash?

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I know they were talking at or just before the trade deadline and we're supposed to be close. I wonder what happened with that?

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Sign Paz already. Do it immediately.

  • Sign Paz already. Do it immediately.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @unsympathetic said:

    Sign Paz already. Do it immediately.

    Do you really think he is irreplaceable?

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Sign Paz already. Do it immediately.

    Do you really think he is irreplaceable?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @the-gipper said:

    Do you really think he is irreplaceable?

    He's replaceable but why should we? He's a solid player that's improved since joining the browns. He has played alongside Greco enough to have formed some comfort, why disrupt things unnecessarily?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Yes paz the irreplaceable turnstile...sigh. We absolutely have to sign pryor at all costs. Once we get our qb shit in order he's numero uno go to guy. Hell the kind of receiving corp we're building around pryor is something good qb's around the league take notice of so if we cant do it through the draft....

    Anyway, get tjis shit done before he gets poached by other teams. He's are only one true game breaker, the one guy nobody matches up with. Get him signed asap and we can look forward to him, coleman and barnidge being unstoppable once the right qb is found

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Sign Paz already. Do it immediately.

    Do you really think he is irreplaceable?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #32

    At all costs? A guy that so far has shown only the fly route and the comeback? No... I want him signed, too, but not at all costs.

    Give him a four-year-ish deal with a healthy base and guarantees, and, assuming it's allowed under the CBA, a performance package on top of it that triggers a higher base in the after years. A good faith deal with upside for him as his resume and his repertoire expands.

    @the-gipper said:

    Do you really think he is irreplaceable?

    I was going to ask the same thing about Crow. As much as I love him, he has to come at a reasonable price as he's no bell cow.

    If you could only sign one, it's a close call, but given his trajectory, I'd lean to Paz... and I never would have thought that two months ago.

    Neither is irreplaceable... few players are. So it's all about probability... and cost.

  • At all costs? A guy that so far has shown only the fly route and the comeback? No... I want him signed, too, but not at all costs.

    Give him a four-year-ish deal with a healthy base and guarantees, and, assuming it's allowed under the CBA, a performance package on top of it that triggers a higher base in the after years. A good faith deal with upside for him as his resume and his repertoire expands.

    @the-gipper said:

    Do you really think he is irreplaceable?

    I was going to ask the same thing about Crow. As much as I love him, he has to come at a reasonable price as he's no bell cow.

    If you could only sign one, it's a close call, but given his trajectory, I'd lean to Paz... and I never would have thought that two months ago.

    Neither is irreplaceable... few players are. So it's all about probability... and cost.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @tour2ma said:

    Give him a four-year-ish deal with a healthy base and guarantees, and, assuming it's allowed under the CBA, a performance package on top of it that triggers a higher base in the after years. A good faith deal with upside for him as his resume and his repertoire expands.

    I don't understand why all contracts and structured like this (with injury insurance clauses).

  • @the-gipper said:

    Do you really think he is irreplaceable?

    He's replaceable but why should we? He's a solid player that's improved since joining the browns. He has played alongside Greco enough to have formed some comfort, why disrupt things unnecessarily?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @gftchris said:

    He's replaceable but why should we? He's a solid player that's improved since joining the browns. He has played alongside Greco enough to have formed some comfort, why disrupt things unnecessarily?

    Fair enough. Though I am not sure "solid" is accurate. The Scwhartz was solid. Bitonio is solid. Let's just say that he seems a serviceable backup....and should be compensated as such.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #35

    We lose pryor and we might as well join the cfl or arena 2 league. We'll be a place people come to get a name and then bolt. Ifc if he's holding out for some utterly ridiculous sum like 15-20m than no

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    I don't care WHAT it takes to keep Pryor, we MUST keep him. He's too important, and he's still going to get better. To me, he's the face of our damn team. Not only did he play college ball in Ohio, but he's a hard worker, doesn't shy away from saying what needs to be said, and he's a legit red zone threat...even when double teamed. This deal needs to get done, like NOW. It's imperative because if he's signed, we can franchise Collins (who obviously doesn't want to be in Cleveland. Why would he?)

    Signing Pryor provides us with a legit playmaker, a "heart" guy, and gives us the opportunity to keep our best defender. GET IT DONE, SASHI.

  • @gftchris said:

    He's replaceable but why should we? He's a solid player that's improved since joining the browns. He has played alongside Greco enough to have formed some comfort, why disrupt things unnecessarily?

    Fair enough. Though I am not sure "solid" is accurate. The Scwhartz was solid. Bitonio is solid. Let's just say that he seems a serviceable backup....and should be compensated as such.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @the-gipper said:

    Fair enough. Though I am not sure "solid" is accurate. The Scwhartz was solid. Bitonio is solid. Let's just say that he seems a serviceable backup....and should be compensated as such.

    Schwartz was top tier, Bitonio is top tier. Pasztor is not, but is solid enough to not be a worry.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Fair enough. Though I am not sure "solid" is accurate. The Scwhartz was solid. Bitonio is solid. Let's just say that he seems a serviceable backup....and should be compensated as such.

    Schwartz was top tier, Bitonio is top tier. Pasztor is not, but is solid enough to not be a worry.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @gftchris said:

    Schwartz was top tier, Bitonio is top tier. Pasztor is not, but is solid enough to not be a worry.

    A solid backup. Backup level talent is what he has shown. Browns need to draft an OC and an OT high.

    I have already put my dibs on Elflein of Ohio St. for OC with our 2d second round pick

    And I would like OT Ryan Ramcsyk of Wisconsin as the first pick of the second round.

    In the first round: Defense.....unless they really think Mitch Tribisky is the guy at QB.

  • @gftchris said:

    Schwartz was top tier, Bitonio is top tier. Pasztor is not, but is solid enough to not be a worry.

    A solid backup. Backup level talent is what he has shown. Browns need to draft an OC and an OT high.

    I have already put my dibs on Elflein of Ohio St. for OC with our 2d second round pick

    And I would like OT Ryan Ramcsyk of Wisconsin as the first pick of the second round.

    In the first round: Defense.....unless they really think Mitch Tribisky is the guy at QB.

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #39

    @the-gipper said:

    A solid backup.

    Per PFF, he has been the #1 RT in the league from week 4 to the present, and the #9 overall tackle. He is not just a backup - he's an extraordinary starter. You are simply wrong. We do not need to draft OT next season.. and especially not a high pick.

    Pazstor is than Schwartz.

    Too many spots need upgrading to allow him to leave. Any pick used to "upgrade" his position would simply not be as good as him - AND that pick would mean that a different spot which also needs upgrading would not be upgraded from current incompetence.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #40

    PFF is not the oracle on everything, it's based on people watching and grading so surely it's subjective ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    A solid backup.

    Per PFF, he has been the #1 RT in the league from week 4 to the present, and the #9 overall tackle. He is not just a backup - he's an extraordinary starter. You are simply wrong. We do not need to draft OT next season.. and especially not a high pick.

    Pazstor is than Schwartz.

    Too many spots need upgrading to allow him to leave. Any pick used to "upgrade" his position would simply not be as good as him - AND that pick would mean that a different spot which also needs upgrading would not be upgraded from current incompetence.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @unsympathetic said:

    Per PFF, he has been the #1 RT in the league from week 4 to the present, and the #9 overall tackle. He is not just a backup - he's an extraordinary starter.

    Better than Schwartz.

    Too many spots need upgrading to allow him to leave. Any pick used to "upgrade" his position would simply not be as good as him - AND that pick would mean that a different spot which also needs upgrading would not be upgraded from current incompetence.

    Seriously? .....that is actually quite amazing. The way our QBs are getting hammered I would never have thunk it. I guess perhaps the problem with our OL then has been the center spot...you know who....and whoever is filling in for Bito..or Greco when he has had to move inside.