***Official Browns Vs. Patriots Game Day Thread***
-
Will Horton's game plan be attacking the QB? Can they muster a pass rush and still cover Gronk/Bennett? Gronkowski is always wide open no matter who they play. Hopefully Gronk won't be 100% but that still leaves Edelman & Bennet. Lagarrett Blount is dealing with a hamstring and is questionable til game time. We think! Belicheck is always secretive about injuries and player availability.
Patriots defense is ranked #1 against the Browns Sunday.
I watched Buffalo shut out The Patriots last week but Brissett isn't Brady and Gronk has hamstring issues.
If anything, I'd like to see some QB sacks and interceptions. Sure hope Breinn Boody-Calhoun playing. Keep your on on Sheard! He's playing well for them.
I so wish Cody Kessler has a good outing. I'm pulling for him. Kessler, Pryor, Crowell, Barnidge, Higgins, Ricardo Louis, Duke Johnson, are quite a few weapons. Barnidge in particular has to elevate his game. He's a veteran that could be a safety valve for Kessler against New England. Hue has got to get him more involved in the passing game. Crowell needs to be the workhorse and so far Hue has put the team on his back.
I sort of believe we could beat "God's gift to Football" Patriots. I have my Rosary and plan on giving it a workout during the game.
What we know is Belicheck takes away the opponents strengths and that will Be Pryor for starters.
Barnidge needs to come thru and Hue can't abandon the running game. Kessler needs to play mistake free. Not too much to ask!
Go Browns
-
-
Will Horton's game plan be attacking the QB? Can they muster a pass rush and still cover Gronk/Bennett? Gronkowski is always wide open no matter who they play. Hopefully Gronk won't be 100% but that still leaves Edelman & Bennet. Lagarrett Blount is dealing with a hamstring and is questionable til game time. We think! Belicheck is always secretive about injuries and player availability.
Patriots defense is ranked #1 against the Browns Sunday.
I watched Buffalo shut out The Patriots last week but Brissett isn't Brady and Gronk has hamstring issues.
If anything, I'd like to see some QB sacks and interceptions. Sure hope Breinn Boody-Calhoun playing. Keep your on on Sheard! He's playing well for them.
I so wish Cody Kessler has a good outing. I'm pulling for him. Kessler, Pryor, Crowell, Barnidge, Higgins, Ricardo Louis, Duke Johnson, are quite a few weapons. Barnidge in particular has to elevate his game. He's a veteran that could be a safety valve for Kessler against New England. Hue has got to get him more involved in the passing game. Crowell needs to be the workhorse and so far Hue has put the team on his back.
I sort of believe we could beat "God's gift to Football" Patriots. I have my Rosary and plan on giving it a workout during the game.
What we know is Belicheck takes away the opponents strengths and that will Be Pryor for starters.
Barnidge needs to come thru and Hue can't abandon the running game. Kessler needs to play mistake free. Not too much to ask!
Go Browns
Will Horton's game plan be attacking the QB? Can they muster a pass rush
Yes and no. (or no & no if Horton comes to the conclusion that blitzing is like running one or two guys off the field).
I don't have confidence in our ability to pressure a QB.....and if ya don't pressure Brady then he picks you apart all day long....and puts up 40 points.
-
We weren't supposed to beat NE when Colt McCoy started but we did behind a strong running game with Peyton Hillis at the time. We weren't supposed to compete with NE last time Horton was here and it boiled down to our inability to prevent NE from recovering an onside kick near the end.
I have no idea what will unfold today. Biggest worry to me is how Bill Belichick mind phucked Brock Osweiler a couple weeks ago with back end numbers flooding zones rather than pressuring him up front. When you think about it - Houston also counts very heavily on a rookie WR Fuller who also got a painful learning experience that day about how to adjust. Why would I type this? We not only have an inexperienced QB but it isn't like Pryor has a ton of starts to his name to the extent he's seen it all (similar to Fuller of the Texans). It'll be interesting to see if Hue's game plan is well prepared for this to the extent he can keep Kessler pleasantly surprising people here.
Another variable, Crow is putting together the same kind of season Hillis did (only I prefer Crow's acceleration gear) back when he had the dream season. If it keeps clicking, we can get our defense some rested legs.
I really wish Buffalo didn't shut out NE last week; because it pretty much guarantees they won't be looking past us while the football gods have seen to it Brady, Gronk and other important variables all come back healthy and motivated today. That said, the Cleveland Browns are our team and this is what we signed up for. I've really enjoyed the attitude of the players and the will to compete to the extent our last 3 opponents really needed some help from the officials late in games. I've been very proud of this team and see no reason for that to change anytime soon.
-
The Patriots are 6-5 against rookie starting QBs on the road (during Belichick era.).
-
-
i'm excited to see what Nassib can do
-
This sounds like the Baylor stadium during the drought years when visitors outshowed home fans and they had to put a tarp over the unsold endzone seats.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

