Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Patriots Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
364 46 12.5k
  • @baconhound said:

    God I hope that's not true. A defensive coordinator knowing his offense is going to struggle to score thinking the best plan is to see if Tom Brady can pass a team to victory.

    So your point is you'd rather be bitching about allowing 200 yards rushing?

    @orion said:

    Now let's talk apathy. (I mentioned this once before)

    This is the 5th week of the season and there were almost as many Pat's fans as Browns fans.......in the Browns home stadium.

    Season ticket holders, by week FIVE, are selling their tickets on Stub Hub.

    This is what happens when your team sucks for 20 years (ok, close enough to 20).

    You act as if this is something new... My only CBS game was on 9-23-12 vs. Buffalo and the crowd was a full-1/4 Bills fans... and that's a conservative estimate.

    @hoorta said:

    OK, There's positives to take away from that game? Please point them out to me. Aw gee, don't have to run when you can pass at will.

    I'd argue the "passing at will" was more a product of no pressure, but in any case not running has no impact on YPC.

    Positives? Small ones, h, small ones. But you don't seem to be in the mood for any right now... so maybe tomorrow...

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    So your point is you'd rather be bitching about allowing 200 yards rushing?

    You act as if this is something new... My only CBS game was on 9-23-12 vs. Buffalo and the crowd was a full-1/4 Bills fans... and that's a conservative estimate.

    I'd argue the "passing at will" was more a product of no pressure, but in any case not running has no impact on YPC.

    Positives? Small ones, h, small ones. But you don't seem to be in the mood for any right now... so maybe tomorrow...

    I think if the Browns had any shot to win it would have been to try to run the ball and force the Pats to run the ball and use clock. I think the hoodie was aware of that as well and wasn't going to let the Browns run the ball. The Browns scored quickly passing the ball and then the Pats came right back using very little clock. I would say Horton has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know but I'd be surprised if the plan was to try to make Tom Brady, Julian Edelman and the Gronk beat them throwing the ball.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    We could have lost by 200 and still been the heroes of the entire NFL fan base sans Pat fans if we could have smoked Brady.

  • @tour2ma said:

    So your point is you'd rather be bitching about allowing 200 yards rushing?

    You act as if this is something new... My only CBS game was on 9-23-12 vs. Buffalo and the crowd was a full-1/4 Bills fans... and that's a conservative estimate.

    I'd argue the "passing at will" was more a product of no pressure, but in any case not running has no impact on YPC.

    Positives? Small ones, h, small ones. But you don't seem to be in the mood for any right now... so maybe tomorrow...

    I think if the Browns had any shot to win it would have been to try to run the ball and force the Pats to run the ball and use clock. I think the hoodie was aware of that as well and wasn't going to let the Browns run the ball. The Browns scored quickly passing the ball and then the Pats came right back using very little clock. I would say Horton has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know but I'd be surprised if the plan was to try to make Tom Brady, Julian Edelman and the Gronk beat them throwing the ball.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    I think if the Browns had any shot to win it would have been to try to run the ball and force the Pats to run the ball and use clock. I think the hoodie was aware of that as well and wasn't going to let the Browns run the ball. The Browns scored quickly passing the ball and then the Pats came right back using very little clock. I would say Horton has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know but I'd be surprised if the plan was to try to make Tom Brady, Julian Edelman and the Gronk beat them throwing the ball.

    Bill always game plans to stop your best offense. It was easy against the Browns. They can ONLY run the ball. They have NO passing game
  • We should all still stick together. don't let these losses drive us apart. Let's see if Hue can turn us around. But he needs more than a year. I really think Chud got a shitty deal here with only 1 season I think we should of gave Eric M another chance but they are all long gone. .Hue does want to win and the players seem to like him so let's see whit is ahead. If We beat Pisspuke this year atleast 1 time, then I will forgive them for most of the BS

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @medicineman said:

    We should all still stick together. don't let these losses drive us apart. Let's see if Hue can turn us around. But he needs more than a year. I really think Chud got a shitty deal here with only 1 season I think we should of gave Eric M another chance but they are all long gone. .Hue does want to win and the players seem to like him so let's see whit is ahead. If We beat Pisspuke this year atleast 1 time, then I will forgive them for most of the BS

    Not going to happen, this is a house divided. I completely agree with jcam222 that if you were 18-22 right now being a Browns fan would be less appealing than being a Lions fan. Now to the rest of us that are 35+. You've got the "enough of this shit" on one side and the "it'll be better next year" on the other. I think we all want the Browns to be successful, we have different perspectives. For my money I'll believe change will occur when I see it. Some believe any glimmer suggests the tide is turning.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    This year is either going to melt Hue, or it's going to forge him. Hopefully for all our sakes, he becomes a better, stronger coach rather than just another former Browns HC working for someone else.

  • Zombo said:

    So, you are saying that since I am an older Browns fan that has never sold my any of my tickets to the opponents I am part of the problem, but that while you are a younger fan that is "offended" by the number of Pats fan, you are not?

    No opposing fan has ever bought my tickets, I fly up to support my team every year, so again. ... If you are humiliated to be a Browns fan... That is on you and your generation. We're good.

    Z

    Z my post was to have said "you and I" are part of the generation that are solid to support. I'm an old fart now lol. It's the younger ones who I was referring to as risk of losing fan base. It's awesome you don't sell your seats to opposing teams. I don't either. And I am DEFINITELY not humiliated to BE a Browns fan. I proudly wear my Browns gear country wide traveling on business. Perhaps I don't explain well but I mean it was humiliating to us all collectively that so many "fans" gave up their Tix to Pats fans.
    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Z my post was to have said "you and I" are part of the generation that are solid to support. I'm an old fart now lol. It's the younger ones who I was referring to as risk of losing fan base. It's awesome you don't sell your seats to opposing teams. I don't either. And I am DEFINITELY not humiliated to BE a Browns fan. I proudly wear my Browns gear country wide traveling on business. Perhaps I don't explain well but I mean it was humiliating to us all collectively that so many "fans" gave up their Tix to Pats fans.

    Got it.

    Hang in there.

    We will be bronze gods in 2018

    Z

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by

    I am above 35, I am above 36 I am older than 37 And I been sick of this crap and 1 thing that makes me pissed is hearing about the draft, We have not had a decent draft pk in years, We draft a qb to sit on the bench, like we did with Quinn, Mcoy, Johnny, I can go on and on we all can, so quit talking about the draft. Want us to be patient and have us draft and take a season or 2 to develop a player? Fuck that, start winning and soon.

  • I am above 35, I am above 36 I am older than 37 And I been sick of this crap and 1 thing that makes me pissed is hearing about the draft, We have not had a decent draft pk in years, We draft a qb to sit on the bench, like we did with Quinn, Mcoy, Johnny, I can go on and on we all can, so quit talking about the draft. Want us to be patient and have us draft and take a season or 2 to develop a player? Fuck that, start winning and soon.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @medicineman said:

    I am above 35, I am above 36 I am older than 37 And I been sick of this crap and 1 thing that makes me pissed is hearing about the draft, We have not had a decent draft pk in years, We draft a qb to sit on the bench, like we did with Quinn, Mcoy, Johnny, I can go on and on we all can, so quit talking about the draft. Want us to be patient and have us draft and take a season or 2 to develop a player? Fuck that, start winning and soon.

    all the draft picks we keep trading down for......... are worthless, when they all suck

    Please stay at 1,23,or 4 and take the BEST player available

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    we made this game so easy for pats...1.continuing to run behind Greco & Bailey maybe good since Miami,Balt. & Skins but you must change that channel up with Belicheck. 2.No deep threats at QB nor WR's, lines all your defenders up 8-12 yards off LOS..good luck & Again thanks J.Gordon. 3. Pile on poor Tackling & no pressure. No Doubt, worst performance of season..

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    Hue said in his presser, that someday we'd be like the patriots, but just that he had no idea how long it will take to achieve it. So let's be patient fellas. If they fuck that up in the long term, then we can get frustrated.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Lol anyone catch the new Simpsons tonight? Parody of the Patriot cheaters (Boston Americans) as cheating team that Bart defects to as a fan.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by

    How many seasons now have we seen piss poor tackles? Freaking awful. Did you see that screen pass to Gronk in the first that turned out to be like a 40 yard gain? Just slide right off him

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by

    I'm 60; how patient should I be? Any casual fan knows Belicheck is the master at taking away the opponents strengths. Be that a running back, tight end or QB. Everyone knew he would stop our running game. I had Crowell and Pryor on my bench in every fantasy league. Since Kessler was starting his 3rd game with no Oline it was a no brainer! I didn't see the game just NFL Gameday which was punishment enough.

    In the meantime all I can think about is Zeke Elliot, Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz. Why oh why did they not get impact players! So here we are with eleven more games and I'm already wondering if the Front Office Baboons will pass on a Quarterback in the draft. There's no guarantee they'll have a better draft as long as we have Clowns running the Browns.

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    outcoached boys, we'll getem next time.... we'll whenever we get a new DC atleast hopefully next year πŸ™‚ maybe add in a real full OC and we might be in business 😁

  • I'm 60; how patient should I be? Any casual fan knows Belicheck is the master at taking away the opponents strengths. Be that a running back, tight end or QB. Everyone knew he would stop our running game. I had Crowell and Pryor on my bench in every fantasy league. Since Kessler was starting his 3rd game with no Oline it was a no brainer! I didn't see the game just NFL Gameday which was punishment enough.

    In the meantime all I can think about is Zeke Elliot, Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz. Why oh why did they not get impact players! So here we are with eleven more games and I'm already wondering if the Front Office Baboons will pass on a Quarterback in the draft. There's no guarantee they'll have a better draft as long as we have Clowns running the Browns.

    C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    @opal312 said:

    I'm 60; how patient should I be? Any casual fan knows Belicheck is the master at taking away the opponents strengths. Be that a running back, tight end or QB. Everyone knew he would stop our running game. I had Crowell and Pryor on my bench in every fantasy league. Since Kessler was starting his 3rd game with no Oline it was a no brainer! I didn't see the game just NFL Gameday which was punishment enough.

    In the meantime all I can think about is Zeke Elliot, Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz. Why oh why did they not get impact players! So here we are with eleven more games and I'm already wondering if the Front Office Baboons will pass on a Quarterback in the draft. There's no guarantee they'll have a better draft as long as we have Clowns running the Browns.

    because we NEEDED all of those picks I'm so tired of the "why o why didnt we draft X player or players" fuck impact players build a goddamn team and run a real football scheme

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    There is no reason to be frustrated this season. We all know the team was completely disassembled and is being built back starting with 14 rookies. This was a 3 win team before this process was started, so there is nothing to be frustrated about, especially when playing one of the better teams in the NFL. Bite the bullet,learn from experience and move on to Tenn where we have a legitimate shot at win #1.

  • sydS syd

    @medicineman said:

    What's with kid syd here?

    what's with me ? ill tell ya I'm fucking sick of are team losing

    so ya fuck off

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    what's with me ? ill tell ya I'm fucking sick of are team losing

    so ya fuck off

  • Today at the stadium was humiliating and demoralizing. I sadly wonder if a fan base will survive the length of time this rebuild will take. I felt like I was at an away game. The Brady chants were deafening and sickening. I feel now as though we may be witnessing the second and final funeral of our Cleveland Browns slowly unfold.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @jcam222 said:

    Today at the stadium was humiliating and demoralizing. I sadly wonder if a fan base will survive the length of time this rebuild will take. I felt like I was at an away game. The Brady chants were deafening and sickening. I feel now as though we may be witnessing the second and final funeral of our Cleveland Browns slowly unfold.

    Zombo said:

    If you were humiliated and demoralized ... That's on you.

    Maybe you weren't raised right.

    Maybe you are a pussy.

    But the fan base will be fine. Um, no it's not, and it really hasn't been for at least a couple years. Local support is rapidly going in the shitter.

    This is a "free year" ... We sold off assets, handed over the keys to some kids, and we've already played five QBs.

    I love this team. When we win the Super Bowl in 2020 I will look up all 53 of these fuckers and give them a personal message of thanks.

    Ok ... all 73, including the 13 QBs

    @jcam222 said:

    Zombo with all due respect to admin your fucking comments are way out of line. I love this team every damn bit as much as you and nothing I said reflects differently. I'm far from the only fan at the game who was humiliated by the fact so many so called "Browns fans" sold their damn seats to Pats fans. That is humiliating. There is a segment of the fan base that will unquestionably be fine. You and I are part of that. If you think the younger fan base for the Browns is stable and sustainable at this point you are mistaken in my opinion.

    Ditto.

    Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year. πŸ™

    Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.

  • There is no reason to be frustrated this season. We all know the team was completely disassembled and is being built back starting with 14 rookies. This was a 3 win team before this process was started, so there is nothing to be frustrated about, especially when playing one of the better teams in the NFL. Bite the bullet,learn from experience and move on to Tenn where we have a legitimate shot at win #1.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    There is no reason to be frustrated this season. We all know the team was completely disassembled and is being built back starting with 14 rookies. This was a 3 win team before this process was started, so there is nothing to be frustrated about, especially when playing one of the better teams in the NFL. Bite the bullet,learn from experience and move on to Tenn where we have a legitimate shot at win #1.

    I'm frustrated as hell, but I agree with you here.

    Stay the course Browns. Hue was a good hire. Jimmy needs to stay patient.

    I hate draft talk, but another draft will fix more holes. We do have some good young players, the sky isn't falling.

    I just want some home wins down the stretch. Sick of leaving that stadium sad, pissed.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Today at the stadium was humiliating and demoralizing. I sadly wonder if a fan base will survive the length of time this rebuild will take. I felt like I was at an away game. The Brady chants were deafening and sickening. I feel now as though we may be witnessing the second and final funeral of our Cleveland Browns slowly unfold.

    Zombo said:

    If you were humiliated and demoralized ... That's on you.

    Maybe you weren't raised right.

    Maybe you are a pussy.

    But the fan base will be fine. Um, no it's not, and it really hasn't been for at least a couple years. Local support is rapidly going in the shitter.

    This is a "free year" ... We sold off assets, handed over the keys to some kids, and we've already played five QBs.

    I love this team. When we win the Super Bowl in 2020 I will look up all 53 of these fuckers and give them a personal message of thanks.

    Ok ... all 73, including the 13 QBs

    @jcam222 said:

    Zombo with all due respect to admin your fucking comments are way out of line. I love this team every damn bit as much as you and nothing I said reflects differently. I'm far from the only fan at the game who was humiliated by the fact so many so called "Browns fans" sold their damn seats to Pats fans. That is humiliating. There is a segment of the fan base that will unquestionably be fine. You and I are part of that. If you think the younger fan base for the Browns is stable and sustainable at this point you are mistaken in my opinion.

    Ditto.

    Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year. πŸ™

    Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.

    D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Ditto.

    Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year. πŸ™

    Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.

    FWIW----I just checked on stubhub and seatgeek for tickets for the Jets game,

    and there is an ASSLOAD of good seats for sale.