***Official Browns Vs. Patriots Game Day Thread***
-
outcoached boys, we'll getem next time.... we'll whenever we get a new DC atleast hopefully next year
maybe add in a real full OC and we might be in business 
-
I'm 60; how patient should I be? Any casual fan knows Belicheck is the master at taking away the opponents strengths. Be that a running back, tight end or QB. Everyone knew he would stop our running game. I had Crowell and Pryor on my bench in every fantasy league. Since Kessler was starting his 3rd game with no Oline it was a no brainer! I didn't see the game just NFL Gameday which was punishment enough.
In the meantime all I can think about is Zeke Elliot, Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz. Why oh why did they not get impact players! So here we are with eleven more games and I'm already wondering if the Front Office Baboons will pass on a Quarterback in the draft. There's no guarantee they'll have a better draft as long as we have Clowns running the Browns.
I'm 60; how patient should I be? Any casual fan knows Belicheck is the master at taking away the opponents strengths. Be that a running back, tight end or QB. Everyone knew he would stop our running game. I had Crowell and Pryor on my bench in every fantasy league. Since Kessler was starting his 3rd game with no Oline it was a no brainer! I didn't see the game just NFL Gameday which was punishment enough.
In the meantime all I can think about is Zeke Elliot, Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz. Why oh why did they not get impact players! So here we are with eleven more games and I'm already wondering if the Front Office Baboons will pass on a Quarterback in the draft. There's no guarantee they'll have a better draft as long as we have Clowns running the Browns.
because we NEEDED all of those picks I'm so tired of the "why o why didnt we draft X player or players" fuck impact players build a goddamn team and run a real football scheme
-
There is no reason to be frustrated this season. We all know the team was completely disassembled and is being built back starting with 14 rookies. This was a 3 win team before this process was started, so there is nothing to be frustrated about, especially when playing one of the better teams in the NFL. Bite the bullet,learn from experience and move on to Tenn where we have a legitimate shot at win #1.
-
What's with kid syd here?
what's with me ? ill tell ya I'm fucking sick of are team losing
so ya fuck off
-
Today at the stadium was humiliating and demoralizing. I sadly wonder if a fan base will survive the length of time this rebuild will take. I felt like I was at an away game. The Brady chants were deafening and sickening. I feel now as though we may be witnessing the second and final funeral of our Cleveland Browns slowly unfold.
Today at the stadium was humiliating and demoralizing. I sadly wonder if a fan base will survive the length of time this rebuild will take. I felt like I was at an away game. The Brady chants were deafening and sickening. I feel now as though we may be witnessing the second and final funeral of our Cleveland Browns slowly unfold.
Zombo said:
If you were humiliated and demoralized ... That's on you.
Maybe you weren't raised right.
Maybe you are a pussy.
But the fan base will be fine. Um, no it's not, and it really hasn't been for at least a couple years. Local support is rapidly going in the shitter.
This is a "free year" ... We sold off assets, handed over the keys to some kids, and we've already played five QBs.
I love this team. When we win the Super Bowl in 2020 I will look up all 53 of these fuckers and give them a personal message of thanks.
Ok ... all 73, including the 13 QBs
Zombo with all due respect to admin your fucking comments are way out of line. I love this team every damn bit as much as you and nothing I said reflects differently. I'm far from the only fan at the game who was humiliated by the fact so many so called "Browns fans" sold their damn seats to Pats fans. That is humiliating. There is a segment of the fan base that will unquestionably be fine. You and I are part of that. If you think the younger fan base for the Browns is stable and sustainable at this point you are mistaken in my opinion.
Ditto.
Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year.

Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.
-
There is no reason to be frustrated this season. We all know the team was completely disassembled and is being built back starting with 14 rookies. This was a 3 win team before this process was started, so there is nothing to be frustrated about, especially when playing one of the better teams in the NFL. Bite the bullet,learn from experience and move on to Tenn where we have a legitimate shot at win #1.
There is no reason to be frustrated this season. We all know the team was completely disassembled and is being built back starting with 14 rookies. This was a 3 win team before this process was started, so there is nothing to be frustrated about, especially when playing one of the better teams in the NFL. Bite the bullet,learn from experience and move on to Tenn where we have a legitimate shot at win #1.
I'm frustrated as hell, but I agree with you here.
Stay the course Browns. Hue was a good hire. Jimmy needs to stay patient.
I hate draft talk, but another draft will fix more holes. We do have some good young players, the sky isn't falling.
I just want some home wins down the stretch. Sick of leaving that stadium sad, pissed.
-
Today at the stadium was humiliating and demoralizing. I sadly wonder if a fan base will survive the length of time this rebuild will take. I felt like I was at an away game. The Brady chants were deafening and sickening. I feel now as though we may be witnessing the second and final funeral of our Cleveland Browns slowly unfold.
Zombo said:
If you were humiliated and demoralized ... That's on you.
Maybe you weren't raised right.
Maybe you are a pussy.
But the fan base will be fine. Um, no it's not, and it really hasn't been for at least a couple years. Local support is rapidly going in the shitter.
This is a "free year" ... We sold off assets, handed over the keys to some kids, and we've already played five QBs.
I love this team. When we win the Super Bowl in 2020 I will look up all 53 of these fuckers and give them a personal message of thanks.
Ok ... all 73, including the 13 QBs
Zombo with all due respect to admin your fucking comments are way out of line. I love this team every damn bit as much as you and nothing I said reflects differently. I'm far from the only fan at the game who was humiliated by the fact so many so called "Browns fans" sold their damn seats to Pats fans. That is humiliating. There is a segment of the fan base that will unquestionably be fine. You and I are part of that. If you think the younger fan base for the Browns is stable and sustainable at this point you are mistaken in my opinion.
Ditto.
Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year.

Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.
Ditto.
Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year.

Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.
FWIW----I just checked on stubhub and seatgeek for tickets for the Jets game,
and there is an ASSLOAD of good seats for sale.
-
Even though expectations probably should've been LOW, there's still reason for frustration. We let Mitchell Scwartz go, and that's reason enough to be pissed. Benji made a great career move by going to San Diego, and he fits in well with them. I'm not too upset about letting him go, but it's pretty obvious we could've used him now. Alex Mack was going to go no matter what, so I can't blame anyone for that. However, it makes me very sad to see him doing so well. Before yesterday, we were running the ball very well without a good center. Just imagine how good we could be if we had him...
Not keeping Schwartz probably did not help us in terms of pass protection, and we're losing QB's faster than any team in the history of the NFL. THAT's my main current frustration. Cody had an incredible 75 yard drive that actually ended in a touchdown. I couldn't believe it. Hawk ran a killer route, and once again Kessler displayed his awesome accuracy. What I like even more is Kessler probably wanted to look for Pryor, but he took one look at the pre-snap defense, and he immediately saw the safety playing completely next to Pryor. Pats didn't even try to hide what they were doing, and like they always do, they take away what you do best and make you beat them another way. We knew this, and we had the perfect play.
So why I am frustrated? I'm frustrated that we had two road games in a row (that we played pretty well in and could've won), and then when we FINALLY get a home game, it just so happens to be against the best QB in the damn history of the league RIGHT when he comes back from a suspension. What are the damn odds? The home crowd got to cheer for about a quarter, and that's it. I'm frustrated that Kessler got knocked out of the game. It goes to show you how important mobility is in the NFL. Mobility and strength. Cody just looks so damn slow out there. If he has a clean pocket and a running game, I think he can move the ball and put some points on the board. But we're the damn Cleveland Browns. We're not going to have a clean pocket, and the running game apparently isn't anywhere near as good as we once hoped.
Yeah, I'm frustrated.
-
Scwartz actually bailed on us himself and not the other way around. Go do so fact checking.
-
Today at the stadium was humiliating and demoralizing. I sadly wonder if a fan base will survive the length of time this rebuild will take. I felt like I was at an away game. The Brady chants were deafening and sickening. I feel now as though we may be witnessing the second and final funeral of our Cleveland Browns slowly unfold.
Zombo said:
If you were humiliated and demoralized ... That's on you.
Maybe you weren't raised right.
Maybe you are a pussy.
But the fan base will be fine. Um, no it's not, and it really hasn't been for at least a couple years. Local support is rapidly going in the shitter.
This is a "free year" ... We sold off assets, handed over the keys to some kids, and we've already played five QBs.
I love this team. When we win the Super Bowl in 2020 I will look up all 53 of these fuckers and give them a personal message of thanks.
Ok ... all 73, including the 13 QBs
Zombo with all due respect to admin your fucking comments are way out of line. I love this team every damn bit as much as you and nothing I said reflects differently. I'm far from the only fan at the game who was humiliated by the fact so many so called "Browns fans" sold their damn seats to Pats fans. That is humiliating. There is a segment of the fan base that will unquestionably be fine. You and I are part of that. If you think the younger fan base for the Browns is stable and sustainable at this point you are mistaken in my opinion.
Ditto.
Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year.

Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.
Ditto.
Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year.

Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.
Ditto.
Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year.

Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.
i met fans who stopped renewing their season tix 5 yrs ago...i'll bet they are happy as a pig in mud...all the moola they saved...i'd rather spend my money on a good concert or a few nights out at my favorite restaurant than watch the garbage being produced yr after yr with this owner...god is he horrible...
-
Lol listen you inbred piece of shit READ my original post. From that post you take that I WANT our Browns to leave?? I was expressing concern we might lose them. I surely wouldn't want that to happen. I own PSL's and hope my family uses them well past the death you wished for me. I do sincerely hope your ignorant posts are because you are drunk as fuck as opposed to just naturally an ignorant douchebag. You might also want to work on your ability to use the edit button and phrase whole thoughts.don't believe in karma so u can fuck off but u are the one wishing for the Browns to leave so again fuck off and die
edit this is a edit fuck off jcam222 at least i use my real name i live in portland oregon so all the Browns backers know who i am so if you really want to find me just do the math instead of hiding behind some bullshit user handle
Lol listen you inbred piece of shit READ my original post. From that post you take that I WANT our Browns to leave?? I was expressing concern we might lose them. I surely wouldn't want that to happen. I own PSL's and hope my family uses them well past the death you wished for me. I do sincerely hope your ignorant posts are because you are drunk as fuck as opposed to just naturally an ignorant douchebag. You might also want to work on your ability to use the edit button and phrase whole thoughts.
it could become reality if they move again...look at the rams...shit, they even won a superbowl and they moved back to la....and with the browns fanbase dropping, it is more likely they move again...It's all about the almighty dollar...that's all that counts these days...
-
Even though expectations probably should've been LOW, there's still reason for frustration. We let Mitchell Scwartz go, and that's reason enough to be pissed. Benji made a great career move by going to San Diego, and he fits in well with them. I'm not too upset about letting him go, but it's pretty obvious we could've used him now. Alex Mack was going to go no matter what, so I can't blame anyone for that. However, it makes me very sad to see him doing so well. Before yesterday, we were running the ball very well without a good center. Just imagine how good we could be if we had him...
Not keeping Schwartz probably did not help us in terms of pass protection, and we're losing QB's faster than any team in the history of the NFL. THAT's my main current frustration. Cody had an incredible 75 yard drive that actually ended in a touchdown. I couldn't believe it. Hawk ran a killer route, and once again Kessler displayed his awesome accuracy. What I like even more is Kessler probably wanted to look for Pryor, but he took one look at the pre-snap defense, and he immediately saw the safety playing completely next to Pryor. Pats didn't even try to hide what they were doing, and like they always do, they take away what you do best and make you beat them another way. We knew this, and we had the perfect play.
So why I am frustrated? I'm frustrated that we had two road games in a row (that we played pretty well in and could've won), and then when we FINALLY get a home game, it just so happens to be against the best QB in the damn history of the league RIGHT when he comes back from a suspension. What are the damn odds? The home crowd got to cheer for about a quarter, and that's it. I'm frustrated that Kessler got knocked out of the game. It goes to show you how important mobility is in the NFL. Mobility and strength. Cody just looks so damn slow out there. If he has a clean pocket and a running game, I think he can move the ball and put some points on the board. But we're the damn Cleveland Browns. We're not going to have a clean pocket, and the running game apparently isn't anywhere near as good as we once hoped.
Yeah, I'm frustrated.
So why I am frustrated? I'm frustrated that we had two road games in a row (that we played pretty well in and could've won), and then when we FINALLY get a home game, it just so happens to be against the best QB in the damn history of the league RIGHT when he comes back from a suspension. What are the damn odds? The home crowd got to cheer for about a quarter, and that's it. I'm frustrated that Kessler got knocked out of the game. It goes to show you how important mobility is in the NFL. Mobility and strength. Cody just looks so damn slow out there. If he has a clean pocket and a running game, I think he can move the ball and put some points on the board. But we're the damn Cleveland Browns. We're not going to have a clean pocket, and the running game apparently isn't anywhere near as good as we once hoped.
Yeah, I'm frustrated.
I'm really not sure what the hell you wanted Kessler to do in terms of dodging the hit that knocked him out of the game. I didn't clock it, but that defender was there in probably 1.5 seconds tops. Flash Gordon would not have been able to get out of that sack. I think conversely he's shown good, not great mobility so far.
-
So why I am frustrated? I'm frustrated that we had two road games in a row (that we played pretty well in and could've won), and then when we FINALLY get a home game, it just so happens to be against the best QB in the damn history of the league RIGHT when he comes back from a suspension. What are the damn odds? The home crowd got to cheer for about a quarter, and that's it. I'm frustrated that Kessler got knocked out of the game. It goes to show you how important mobility is in the NFL. Mobility and strength. Cody just looks so damn slow out there. If he has a clean pocket and a running game, I think he can move the ball and put some points on the board. But we're the damn Cleveland Browns. We're not going to have a clean pocket, and the running game apparently isn't anywhere near as good as we once hoped.
Yeah, I'm frustrated.
I'm really not sure what the hell you wanted Kessler to do in terms of dodging the hit that knocked him out of the game. I didn't clock it, but that defender was there in probably 1.5 seconds tops. Flash Gordon would not have been able to get out of that sack. I think conversely he's shown good, not great mobility so far.
I'm really not sure what the hell you wanted Kessler to do in terms of dodging the hit that knocked him out of the game. I didn't clock it, but that defender was there in probably 1.5 seconds tops. Flash Gordon would not have been able to get out of that sack. I think conversely he's shown good, not great mobility so far.
I think you're looking at a guy who was starting his 3rd game ever. There's gonna be growing pains. I hope the injury isn't too bad because it would be great to see him play the rest of the year. As for the plan going forward. Id still skip drafting a QB next year. Use the Vikings as a model. Build up your defense and the offensive line.
-
Today at the stadium was humiliating and demoralizing. I sadly wonder if a fan base will survive the length of time this rebuild will take. I felt like I was at an away game. The Brady chants were deafening and sickening. I feel now as though we may be witnessing the second and final funeral of our Cleveland Browns slowly unfold.
Zombo said:
If you were humiliated and demoralized ... That's on you.
Maybe you weren't raised right.
Maybe you are a pussy.
But the fan base will be fine. Um, no it's not, and it really hasn't been for at least a couple years. Local support is rapidly going in the shitter.
This is a "free year" ... We sold off assets, handed over the keys to some kids, and we've already played five QBs.
I love this team. When we win the Super Bowl in 2020 I will look up all 53 of these fuckers and give them a personal message of thanks.
Ok ... all 73, including the 13 QBs
Zombo with all due respect to admin your fucking comments are way out of line. I love this team every damn bit as much as you and nothing I said reflects differently. I'm far from the only fan at the game who was humiliated by the fact so many so called "Browns fans" sold their damn seats to Pats fans. That is humiliating. There is a segment of the fan base that will unquestionably be fine. You and I are part of that. If you think the younger fan base for the Browns is stable and sustainable at this point you are mistaken in my opinion.
Ditto.
Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year.

Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.
Ditto.
Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year.

Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.
Sorry to hear Cleveland is bailing on the Browns, if that's true.
With the Cavs delivering and the Indians doing so well, you'd think fans would have enough good will to be patient with a new administration 5 games into a rebuild, even with the horrible track record of past admins.
It's not like they are not trying. They took over a 3-13 team 8 months ago and they have a plan,a way of doing things, and they are sticking to it.
I think Hue will be the next great Browns coach.
We still have a lot of passion in my Browns Backer club, and I will be bringing that fire when I am up for the Cowboys game. Even if we are down to Don Stock at QB by then ... I'll support the efforts of this new admin, coaching staff, and young players.
Z
-
We've done a lot worse than Don Strock...
Interesting dynamics in the thread... falling out... coming together... all in a couple pages. Not the last time the fan base is going to be tested in this process.
I feel for our season ticket holders... I truly do. As I wrote yesterday my one CBS experience was with a large number of vocal Bills fans. I'd never had my Browns' stadium "taken over" before and it was hard to stomach.
But those who for some fucking reason believe that they are owed wins now are just bringing misery upon themselves.
-
We've done a lot worse than Don Strock...
Interesting dynamics in the thread... falling out... coming together... all in a couple pages. Not the last time the fan base is going to be tested in this process.
I feel for our season ticket holders... I truly do. As I wrote yesterday my one CBS experience was with a large number of vocal Bills fans. I'd never had my Browns' stadium "taken over" before and it was hard to stomach.
But those who for some fucking reason believe that they are owed wins now are just bringing misery upon themselves.
That Bills game was bad too. When I was leaving almost all the remaining seats were Bills fans cheering their team and jeering me.We've done a lot worse than Don Strock...
Interesting dynamics in the thread... falling out... coming together... all in a couple pages. Not the last time the fan base is going to be tested in this process.
I feel for our season ticket holders... I truly do. As I wrote yesterday my one CBS experience was with a large number of vocal Bills fans. I'd never had my Browns' stadium "taken over" before and it was hard to stomach.
But those who for some fucking reason believe that they are owed wins now are just bringing misery upon themselves.
-
Ditto.
Z- yeah, I hope I live long enough to see a Browns SB win. But I'm with jcam. Today at the stadium was like going to the wake of a dead dear friend, it was sure quiet enough down by the lake. Outside of our touchdowns, the only cheering I heard was BRADY! BRADY! BRADY! Really- it would be less embarrassing on a national level to just forfeit the rest of the season. You'd have to be at least 57 to clearly remember the last Browns championship. And I can tell you @ 5 years old, I don't recall ever seeing Otto Graham play. Or be at least 36 to remember the days of Bernie. Those young fans are in danger- to use your words- of turning into soccer fags. We used to pride ourselves on our rabid fan base- but I'm afraid a fair percentage of it has died off from rabies. Just lost any remaining home field advantage we might have had. (Those empty seats and huge influxes of opposing team's fans are proof enough.) Expect the same when you come up for the Cowboys game. The only way to turn that around is to start winning, and for sure that's not happening this year.

Sure, we might win a game or two this year- I just hope Hue can keep control of the team as the losses continue to pile up.
Sorry to hear Cleveland is bailing on the Browns, if that's true.
With the Cavs delivering and the Indians doing so well, you'd think fans would have enough good will to be patient with a new administration 5 games into a rebuild, even with the horrible track record of past admins.
It's not like they are not trying. They took over a 3-13 team 8 months ago and they have a plan,a way of doing things, and they are sticking to it.
I think Hue will be the next great Browns coach.
We still have a lot of passion in my Browns Backer club, and I will be bringing that fire when I am up for the Cowboys game. Even if we are down to Don Stock at QB by then ... I'll support the efforts of this new admin, coaching staff, and young players.
Z
Zombo said:
Sorry to hear Cleveland is bailing on the Browns, if that's true.
With the Cavs delivering and the Indians doing so well, you'd think fans would have enough good will to be patient with a new administration 5 games into a rebuild, even with the horrible track record of past admins.
It's not like they are not trying. They took over a 3-13 team 8 months ago and they have a plan,a way of doing things, and they are sticking to it.
I think Hue will be the next great Browns coach.
We still have a lot of passion in my Browns Backer club, and I will be bringing that fire when I am up for the Cowboys game. Even if we are down to Don Stock at QB by then ... I'll support the efforts of this new admin, coaching staff, and young players.
Z
I think the Cavs and Tribe winning could be having the opposite effect - fans are finally realizing "why the fuck am I paying money to watch this abortion?"
If the others were performing poorly, fans could say "well, if I'm gonna watch a shitty team lose, it might as well be the Browns"....but now, not so much.
-
That Bills game was bad too. When I was leaving almost all the remaining seats were Bills fans cheering their team and jeering me.We've done a lot worse than Don Strock...
Interesting dynamics in the thread... falling out... coming together... all in a couple pages. Not the last time the fan base is going to be tested in this process.
I feel for our season ticket holders... I truly do. As I wrote yesterday my one CBS experience was with a large number of vocal Bills fans. I'd never had my Browns' stadium "taken over" before and it was hard to stomach.
But those who for some fucking reason believe that they are owed wins now are just bringing misery upon themselves.
That Bills game was bad too. When I was leaving almost all the remaining seats were Bills fans cheering their team and jeering me.
Sept., 2012? I made a similar walk late as I did a lap around the stadium's lower level seats (for future reference).
During the game I sat in an oasis of "good Bills fans" in a sea of Bills asshats in the "upper Dawg pound" (the dawg pound in name only).
-
Zombo said:
Sorry to hear Cleveland is bailing on the Browns, if that's true.
With the Cavs delivering and the Indians doing so well, you'd think fans would have enough good will to be patient with a new administration 5 games into a rebuild, even with the horrible track record of past admins.
It's not like they are not trying. They took over a 3-13 team 8 months ago and they have a plan,a way of doing things, and they are sticking to it.
I think Hue will be the next great Browns coach.
We still have a lot of passion in my Browns Backer club, and I will be bringing that fire when I am up for the Cowboys game. Even if we are down to Don Stock at QB by then ... I'll support the efforts of this new admin, coaching staff, and young players.
Z
I think the Cavs and Tribe winning could be having the opposite effect - fans are finally realizing "why the fuck am I paying money to watch this abortion?"
If the others were performing poorly, fans could say "well, if I'm gonna watch a shitty team lose, it might as well be the Browns"....but now, not so much.
I think the Cavs and Tribe winning could be having the opposite effect - fans are finally realizing "why the fuck am I paying money to watch this abortion?"
If the others were performing poorly, fans could say "well, if I'm gonna watch a shitty team lose, it might as well be the Browns"....but now, not so much.
Same thought occurred to me. Greater contrast...
-
There is no reason to be frustrated this season. We all know the team was completely disassembled and is being built back starting with 14 rookies. This was a 3 win team before this process was started, so there is nothing to be frustrated about, especially when playing one of the better teams in the NFL. Bite the bullet,learn from experience and move on to Tenn where we have a legitimate shot at win #1.
I'm frustrated as hell, but I agree with you here.
Stay the course Browns. Hue was a good hire. Jimmy needs to stay patient.
I hate draft talk, but another draft will fix more holes. We do have some good young players, the sky isn't falling.
I just want some home wins down the stretch. Sick of leaving that stadium sad, pissed.
I'm frustrated as hell, but I agree with you here.
Stay the course Browns. Hue was a good hire. Jimmy needs to stay patient.
I hate draft talk, but another draft will fix more holes. We do have some good young players, the sky isn't falling.
I just want some home wins down the stretch. Sick of leaving that stadium sad, pissed.
^^^^This. I realize for good or ill we have to stay the course for another year or two and see how this plays out. It doesn't ease the pain of yet another really bad season. Firing a coach after a year hasn't worked, and Hue does look like he knows what he's doing. Hell Landry and Noll sucked for a few years out of the gate with really bad teams.
I'm really not sure what the hell you wanted Kessler to do in terms of dodging the hit that knocked him out of the game. I didn't clock it, but that defender was there in probably 1.5 seconds tops. Flash Gordon would not have been able to get out of that sack. I think conversely he's shown good, not great mobility so far.
Exactly. There was a blurb on Cleveland.com http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/10/how_did_the_cleveland_browns_l.html#incart_river_index on how Kessler got hurt They called a screen pass, our OL pulled out to protect the WR, there was a huge hole in the middle of the o-line, Hightower timed the snap perfectly- and was on top of Kessler unabated before he could blink.
Zombo said:
Sorry to hear Cleveland is bailing on the Browns, if that's true.
With the Cavs delivering and the Indians doing so well, you'd think fans would have enough good will to be patient with a new administration 5 games into a rebuild, even with the horrible track record of past admins.
It's not like they are not trying. They took over a 3-13 team 8 months ago and they have a plan,a way of doing things, and they are sticking to it.
I think Hue will be the next great Browns coach.
We still have a lot of passion in my Browns Backer club, and I will be bringing that fire when I am up for the Cowboys game. Even if we are down to Don Stock at QB by then ... I'll support the efforts of this new admin, coaching staff, and young players.
Z
I think I mentioned it Z. I caught a lot of grief earlier in the year when I came out and said- they're not going to win a lot of games, and if you can't see that you're blind. I put the over under on wins at 2-1\2, and I'll stick to that, especially if our QBs keep dropping like flies in a room sprayed full of Raid.
I do agree- they seem to have a plan for turning the team around- they have no choice to see where it goes, and Jimmuh better have the patience this time to see if it's going to work. You need look no farther than the comments on cleveland.com to see some of the natives have zero patience after decades of losing, and already want to run Hue & company out of town.
As I just said- for those that wanted to see a total blowup- well, this is what it looks like.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login