Skip to content

☆ 2016 WORLD SERIES ☆ Chicago Cubs vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

The Tribe Board
314 28 12.9k
  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    on the Salazar piece, I think Tito has a great 1-2 weapon for game 4. Start Salazar and if it's obvious it's not quite right bring Merritt in. Frankly, I like this option more than going with Kluber on short rest.

  • on the Salazar piece, I think Tito has a great 1-2 weapon for game 4. Start Salazar and if it's obvious it's not quite right bring Merritt in. Frankly, I like this option more than going with Kluber on short rest.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @jrb12711 said:

    on the Salazar piece, I think Tito has a great 1-2 weapon for game 4. Start Salazar and if it's obvious it's not quite right bring Merritt in. Frankly, I like this option more than going with Kluber on short rest.

    Inclined to agree.. But , I'll trust Tito..Manufacturing runs is the greatest tool a Manager can use at his disposal , besides having a stout Bullpen in tow... Of course you need what I like to call "Pesky" hitters in order for this to work. We have that.. And the greatest goddamn manager who is a freakin genious and , dangerousely adept and deft at using it.. Its gonna be a trip boyz!!.. GO TRIBE!!!

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Us in 6...

    Our 4 will all be stomach churners.

    Their 2 will be blow outs... Just too good to bottle up for all 6, so funnel all their runs into 2 meaningless games.

    Kluber in Game 4 or 5? When will be out first shot at closing out the series? That's when he goes.

    GO TRIBE!

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #21

    Kluber in games 1, 4, 7? If so I'll take the INDIANS in 7! Should be unreal in CLEVELAND, OHIO,

    GO TRIBE, this is amazing.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Holy smokes CLE 2-0 end 1st......and this is for keeps folks.

    Kluber with an early lead.

  • Holy smokes CLE 2-0 end 1st......and this is for keeps folks.

    Kluber with an early lead.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #23

    @mjp28 said:

    Holy smokes CLE 2-0 end 1st......and this is for keeps folks.

    Kluber with an early lead.

    Take all the cheap runs we can get & Kluber's ball has great movement with a little NAZ t

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #24

    THREE ZIP

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #25

    ????

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Roooooolll tribe!

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Oh shit, son!

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by flyingfooldoug
    #28

    Tribe wins ,6-0! Joe Buck crowns Cubs the better team? A professional asshole if there ever was one. Tribe wins! Tribe Wins! Tribe Wins!

  • F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by FairHooker11
    #29

    nooo 6-0 ! missed R Perez 3 run HR 8th inning! good start - Miller had to work hard but scorches Schwarber swinging to end the Cubs 8th.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I forgot the late runs. It was 3-0 for so long and they couldn't score. Fixed now. Tonight will be 3-0!

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Hard to believe. A teams ace pitcher that can't hold a runner or make a throw to first. Their ace? Wow, I thought he stunk. Bring em on!

  • Hard to believe. A teams ace pitcher that can't hold a runner or make a throw to first. Their ace? Wow, I thought he stunk. Bring em on!

    F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by FairHooker11
    #32

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Hard to believe. A teams ace pitcher that can't hold a runner or make a throw to first. Their ace? Wow, I thought he stunk. Bring em on!

    I know right? had Lindor for an easy pick off but watched him get back safely ?? I only saw one pitch 1st inning (low) by Kluber for a called strike -

    plate ump got wrong - otherwise from then on he called em fair and square, and Kluber records 8 ks through 3!!

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Honest, take the rose colored glasses off question for the day:

    Did you think the strike zone was more liberal for Kluber? What I was explaining to a friend is that Kluber's pitch is a lot harder to call a strike because of the incredible motion. It's much easier for the pitch to "look" like a ball even on the strike/ball camera because of how late it moves in the zone. Lester on the other hand is a lot more defined.

    That being said, I think it was mostly fair buuut maybe Kluber got 2-3 pitches that Lester didn't get it if I'm being honest with myself. Ump had a weird strike zone all game though and it so happened Kluber was all over it (left side corner).

  • Hard to believe. A teams ace pitcher that can't hold a runner or make a throw to first. Their ace? Wow, I thought he stunk. Bring em on!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Hard to believe. A teams ace pitcher that can't hold a runner or make a throw to first. Their ace? Wow, I thought he stunk. Bring em on!

    I think their real ace pitches tonight: Arrieta.

    But he has done poorly in the cold in the past.....and it will be cold.

  • Honest, take the rose colored glasses off question for the day:

    Did you think the strike zone was more liberal for Kluber? What I was explaining to a friend is that Kluber's pitch is a lot harder to call a strike because of the incredible motion. It's much easier for the pitch to "look" like a ball even on the strike/ball camera because of how late it moves in the zone. Lester on the other hand is a lot more defined.

    That being said, I think it was mostly fair buuut maybe Kluber got 2-3 pitches that Lester didn't get it if I'm being honest with myself. Ump had a weird strike zone all game though and it so happened Kluber was all over it (left side corner).

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @jrb12711 said:

    Honest, take the rose colored glasses off question for the day:

    Did you think the strike zone was more liberal for Kluber? What I was explaining to a friend is that Kluber's pitch is a lot harder to call a strike because of the incredible motion. It's much easier for the pitch to "look" like a ball even on the strike/ball camera because of how late it moves in the zone. Lester on the other hand is a lot more defined.

    That being said, I think it was mostly fair buuut maybe Kluber got 2-3 pitches that Lester didn't get it if I'm being honest with myself. Ump had a weird strike zone all game though and it so happened Kluber was all over it (left side corner).

    This was discussed this morning on Mike and Mike. Someone did some analytics on it....and the conclusion was that NO, Kluber was not given any advantages by the ump with the strike zone. It may just have appeared that way for reasons you state....his movement on his ball.

  • Honest, take the rose colored glasses off question for the day:

    Did you think the strike zone was more liberal for Kluber? What I was explaining to a friend is that Kluber's pitch is a lot harder to call a strike because of the incredible motion. It's much easier for the pitch to "look" like a ball even on the strike/ball camera because of how late it moves in the zone. Lester on the other hand is a lot more defined.

    That being said, I think it was mostly fair buuut maybe Kluber got 2-3 pitches that Lester didn't get it if I'm being honest with myself. Ump had a weird strike zone all game though and it so happened Kluber was all over it (left side corner).

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @jrb12711 said:

    Honest, take the rose colored glasses off question for the day:

    Did you think the strike zone was more liberal for Kluber? What I was explaining to a friend is that Kluber's pitch is a lot harder to call a strike because of the incredible motion. It's much easier for the pitch to "look" like a ball even on the strike/ball camera because of how late it moves in the zone. Lester on the other hand is a lot more defined.

    That being said, I think it was mostly fair buuut maybe Kluber got 2-3 pitches that Lester didn't get it if I'm being honest with myself. Ump had a weird strike zone all game though and it so happened Kluber was all over it (left side corner).

    14705896_10104778383563064_2225940034417

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Honest, take the rose colored glasses off question for the day:

    Did you think the strike zone was more liberal for Kluber? What I was explaining to a friend is that Kluber's pitch is a lot harder to call a strike because of the incredible motion. It's much easier for the pitch to "look" like a ball even on the strike/ball camera because of how late it moves in the zone. Lester on the other hand is a lot more defined.

    That being said, I think it was mostly fair buuut maybe Kluber got 2-3 pitches that Lester didn't get it if I'm being honest with myself. Ump had a weird strike zone all game though and it so happened Kluber was all over it (left side corner).

    This was discussed this morning on Mike and Mike. Someone did some analytics on it....and the conclusion was that NO, Kluber was not given any advantages by the ump with the strike zone. It may just have appeared that way for reasons you state....his movement on his ball.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    God you must be a miserable person DieHard, it's really sad to see and that isn't a joke.

    @the-gipper said:

    This was discussed this morning on Mike and Mike. Someone did some analytics on it....and the conclusion was that NO, Kluber was not given any advantages by the ump with the strike zone. It may just have appeared that way for reasons you state....his movement on his ball.

    Yeah, I was listening to them this morning actually about this which is why I figured I'd ask. My come-around point on that though is I worry the zone will be tighter tonight for the Tribe, but we'll see.