Skip to content

☆ 2016 WORLD SERIES ☆ Chicago Cubs vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

The Tribe Board
314 28 12.9k
  • Honest, take the rose colored glasses off question for the day:

    Did you think the strike zone was more liberal for Kluber? What I was explaining to a friend is that Kluber's pitch is a lot harder to call a strike because of the incredible motion. It's much easier for the pitch to "look" like a ball even on the strike/ball camera because of how late it moves in the zone. Lester on the other hand is a lot more defined.

    That being said, I think it was mostly fair buuut maybe Kluber got 2-3 pitches that Lester didn't get it if I'm being honest with myself. Ump had a weird strike zone all game though and it so happened Kluber was all over it (left side corner).

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Too bad "Indian" summer didn't hang around another week...

    Nice win with opportunism, anxiety and a couple more October surprises from Perez. The kid calls a great game.

    I love that Allen only showed his curve once early in the 9th and then pumped heat the rest of the way. Not so fond of the plan the Cubs seemed to have for Miller.

    The two Cubs that scare me at the plate were Schwarber and Baez. Both seemed to have that same "calm" that Lindor shows at the plate.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Honest, take the rose colored glasses off question for the day:

    Did you think the strike zone was more liberal for Kluber? What I was explaining to a friend is that Kluber's pitch is a lot harder to call a strike because of the incredible motion. It's much easier for the pitch to "look" like a ball even on the strike/ball camera because of how late it moves in the zone. Lester on the other hand is a lot more defined.

    That being said, I think it was mostly fair buuut maybe Kluber got 2-3 pitches that Lester didn't get it if I'm being honest with myself. Ump had a weird strike zone all game though and it so happened Kluber was all over it (left side corner).


    Lester's issue was the Ump not calling his outside corner to righties the same way he was calling that same corner when Kluber was pitching inside to lefties. Something Umps never do since they always set up behind the inside corner. This should not be news to Lester.

    What I object to is that after Lester throws a hissy and talks to the ump, he starts getting calls including one "beauty" that was at least three inches outside to Chisenhall(?).

    You want the close calls Lester? Show the Ump the same control Kluber did. What also helps is not screaming at the Ump from the mound...

  • Too bad "Indian" summer didn't hang around another week...

    Nice win with opportunism, anxiety and a couple more October surprises from Perez. The kid calls a great game.

    I love that Allen only showed his curve once early in the 9th and then pumped heat the rest of the way. Not so fond of the plan the Cubs seemed to have for Miller.

    The two Cubs that scare me at the plate were Schwarber and Baez. Both seemed to have that same "calm" that Lindor shows at the plate.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Honest, take the rose colored glasses off question for the day:

    Did you think the strike zone was more liberal for Kluber? What I was explaining to a friend is that Kluber's pitch is a lot harder to call a strike because of the incredible motion. It's much easier for the pitch to "look" like a ball even on the strike/ball camera because of how late it moves in the zone. Lester on the other hand is a lot more defined.

    That being said, I think it was mostly fair buuut maybe Kluber got 2-3 pitches that Lester didn't get it if I'm being honest with myself. Ump had a weird strike zone all game though and it so happened Kluber was all over it (left side corner).


    Lester's issue was the Ump not calling his outside corner to righties the same way he was calling that same corner when Kluber was pitching inside to lefties. Something Umps never do since they always set up behind the inside corner. This should not be news to Lester.

    What I object to is that after Lester throws a hissy and talks to the ump, he starts getting calls including one "beauty" that was at least three inches outside to Chisenhall(?).

    You want the close calls Lester? Show the Ump the same control Kluber did. What also helps is not screaming at the Ump from the mound...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @tour2ma said:

    You want the close calls Lester? Show the Ump the same control Kluber did.

    In a nutshell this is it to me. Kluber kept painting the same corner over and over. Lester...? Not so much.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #43

    I was worried the umpire needed a wheelchair to leave the field, guy looked about 95 years old

  • God you must be a miserable person DieHard, it's really sad to see and that isn't a joke.

    @the-gipper said:

    This was discussed this morning on Mike and Mike. Someone did some analytics on it....and the conclusion was that NO, Kluber was not given any advantages by the ump with the strike zone. It may just have appeared that way for reasons you state....his movement on his ball.

    Yeah, I was listening to them this morning actually about this which is why I figured I'd ask. My come-around point on that though is I worry the zone will be tighter tonight for the Tribe, but we'll see.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @jrb12711 said:

    God you must be a miserable person DieHard, it's really sad to see and that isn't a joke.

    Yeah, I was listening to them this morning actually about this which is why I figured I'd ask. My come-around point on that though is I worry the zone will be tighter tonight for the Tribe, but we'll see.

    I'm miserable when I read your progressive, left wing shit posts.

  • @tour2ma said:

    You want the close calls Lester? Show the Ump the same control Kluber did.

    In a nutshell this is it to me. Kluber kept painting the same corner over and over. Lester...? Not so much.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @tiamat63 said:

    In a nutshell this is it to me. Kluber kept painting the same corner over and over. Lester...? Not so much.

    We may have just seen Kluber pitch the short game of his life. If they didn't need him in Game 4 and maybe 7 he could have tried for the CG SO. AWESOME!

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #46

    One can of Bud left I hate this time difference

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Off the wall comment maybe? but Do the Cubs look to have one of the Largest (size/player) battering orders you have ever seen?

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #48

    They seem listless tonight.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #49

    not playing with that smile, but maybe the nice DP can get us started..down 2 top of 4 McCallster just shut the door..Lets Go Tribe!!

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Well arrietta has a no hitter going

  • Well arrietta has a no hitter going

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Well arrietta has a no hitter going

    Yeah a bloop and a blast from a tie game, only the 4th....5th coming up. Napoli?

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    Man I just fundamentally disagree with tito tonight on pitching decisions. Left bauer and mccalister out there too long and directly cost us 2 runs.

  • Man I just fundamentally disagree with tito tonight on pitching decisions. Left bauer and mccalister out there too long and directly cost us 2 runs.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @jrb12711 said:

    Man I just fundamentally disagree with tito tonight on pitching decisions. Left bauer and mccalister out there too long and directly cost us 2 runs.

    I won't second guess Francona he's been nearly flawless this entire year.

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Cubs up 5 and the tribe has not yet got a hit

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    99 times out of 100 you are right but this time even he is gonna admit he goofed it.

    I guess another thing I dont understand is how McCallister is a better option than salazar in the first place. Barring a miracle its time to start pitching for friday though. These guys are tough, they just have incredible at bats.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    A couple of things are obvious the Cubs are deeper with the starters and can hit.

    Cleveland has two legitimate starters and fill in guys plus Bauer was the #4 guy.

    And Kluber can't pitch every game.

    They are just going to have to gut it out every game and hope it goes 6 or 7.

  • A couple of things are obvious the Cubs are deeper with the starters and can hit.

    Cleveland has two legitimate starters and fill in guys plus Bauer was the #4 guy.

    And Kluber can't pitch every game.

    They are just going to have to gut it out every game and hope it goes 6 or 7.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @mjp28 said:

    They are just going to have to gut it out every game and hope it goes 6 or 7.

    Worked for the Cavs when the world & networks gave us no chance to see games 6 or 7..Well here we are AGAIN..Go Tribe!!

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    ^^^icebreaker Their went the no- no..Kip doubles Party at Nap on deck

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Looks like the rain is creeping in, it's been that kind of night.

    Relax TRIBE fans it's only one game.

  • F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    yea ... well .... our Friday night spoiler ahead! 😉