Skip to content

I HATE RAY HORTON

The Browns Board
143 34 3.9k
  • @mudfly said:

    cant say Im a Horton fan(cause Im not)....but.....he has the same shit(or worse) that Oneill had.....and NEITHER coach is gonna get gold from this shit....

    For the billionth time.....this team lacks TALENT....not coaching.....we are losing because of TALENT, not coaching.....our D sucks because it has no TALENT, not because of coaching.....

    i look at horton on the sidelines and all game long, he's just shaking his head. Probably thinking the same thing you are mud...

    @browns52 said:

    i look at horton on the sidelines and all game long, he's just shaking his head. Probably thinking the same thing you are mud...

    @browns52 said:

    we never make the right picks...maybe 1 out of a fucking million and thats it...not enough to build a good team...this jets team is ripe for a pounding with their issues but i guarantee you we will get butchered this sunday....fucking washed up forte will probably get 150 on the ground and the bearded one will probably throw for 3 td's...oh well, at least we got the tribe..i knew francona would get them a championship...guy is a true winner...

    @browns52 said:

    they should have kept tj ward yrs ago also...whitner sucked...kruger was ok his first yr but went downhill and dansby has seen better days. gipson and schwartz is where we fucked up. Don't know what it is, but up to this point, from 99 to present day, this organization does not know football...they are really good at tripping over themselves.

    @browns52 said:

    there is no improvement...in fact we are regressing...we lose to the jets sunday, we go 0-16....jets are so beatable now but with this shit team, i don't know how we do it....

    All I do is bitch52...Watch..understand.. then Bitch.1. Horton is mostly in what they call a booth.. 2. Due to a collection of dumb ass GM drafting. & 3. Piss poor GM's locking up our good talent. We have watched this FO 1. make fair offers to Mack & Schwartz & still lost 5 FA's past their control. 2.Knowing this team has "No Talent" & loss of FA's. Understood they had to pass on the best talent now, for the possible opportunity to land more Talent on your? team in future. They still may have landed on 3. #4--How the hell does Hartline,Whitner,Kruger,Gilbert & Manhell look now?..BTW--They tried to treat Gordon with class & he still took a sh*t on them.. You can't fix a Factory of Sadness in your 1st Season.. Guess, Some of us can start to see it & some just stayed locked in the Factory..Go Browns!!

  • Too many times our kids on D take poor angles. They think they're still in college and that they're faster than everyone.

  • The tackle is just down right jr high. It is pathetic. It is as if they are trying to tackle their girlfriend in the backyard in a friendly game. And the Hail O Mary at the end of the 2nd half???? That should of NEVER happened. They should of gave up their game check just because of that play.

  • The tackle is just down right jr high. It is pathetic. It is as if they are trying to tackle their girlfriend in the backyard in a friendly game. And the Hail O Mary at the end of the 2nd half???? That should of NEVER happened. They should of gave up their game check just because of that play.

    @medicineman said:

    The tackle is just down right jr high. It is pathetic. It is as if they are trying to tackle their girlfriend in the backyard in a friendly game. And the Hail O Mary at the end of the 2nd half???? That should of NEVER happened. They should of gave up their game check just because of that play.

    No, the coach should have given up his game check for calling the assistive TO for Cincy. There is a reason idiota translates easily into English from Spanish & Italian. So all can recognize the obvious. 😵

  • Yes the TO was ef'n DUMB. That is like RAC all over again! SMH

  • Screw Jim Oneil all his fault we can't pressure the QB

    @baconhound said:

    Screw Jim Oneil all his fault we can't pressure the QB

    So I read this and just laughed and laughed.....

    Just went back and read a bunch of old threads, with all the ranting about Oneills "scheme" and how the coaches made this D so bad by mis using players and having a bad scheme etc.....one poster(Cal) said the team would be 4 games better just by switching coaches......haaaaaaaaaahahahaha.....

    After giving up on the battle, trying to convince the lynch mob that talent was the answer(not coaching), I posted......"I cant wait till they fire Oneill and when the new defensive coordinator still cant stop the run or win a game cause he has shit players, then ya'll can start blaming the new coach"...

    And it didnt take long(at all)......(or course most of those people are completely awol right now.....and I also notice the board has zero chatter about "good" stuff, up and coming players, general sunshine pumping, great plays, etc.......why?......

    So, which is it??......Horton sucks? Oneill sucks? the players suck?......all of the above?.......or blame it on Who?......anyone?

    Haaaaaaaaaahahahaha....... it's so bad, it's become funny......

  • @baconhound said:

    Screw Jim Oneil all his fault we can't pressure the QB

    So I read this and just laughed and laughed.....

    Just went back and read a bunch of old threads, with all the ranting about Oneills "scheme" and how the coaches made this D so bad by mis using players and having a bad scheme etc.....one poster(Cal) said the team would be 4 games better just by switching coaches......haaaaaaaaaahahahaha.....

    After giving up on the battle, trying to convince the lynch mob that talent was the answer(not coaching), I posted......"I cant wait till they fire Oneill and when the new defensive coordinator still cant stop the run or win a game cause he has shit players, then ya'll can start blaming the new coach"...

    And it didnt take long(at all)......(or course most of those people are completely awol right now.....and I also notice the board has zero chatter about "good" stuff, up and coming players, general sunshine pumping, great plays, etc.......why?......

    So, which is it??......Horton sucks? Oneill sucks? the players suck?......all of the above?.......or blame it on Who?......anyone?

    Haaaaaaaaaahahahaha....... it's so bad, it's become funny......

    @mudfly said:

    Haaaaaaaaaahahahaha....... it's so bad, it's become funny......

    Like a dead clown

  • @baconhound said:

    Screw Jim Oneil all his fault we can't pressure the QB

    So I read this and just laughed and laughed.....

    Just went back and read a bunch of old threads, with all the ranting about Oneills "scheme" and how the coaches made this D so bad by mis using players and having a bad scheme etc.....one poster(Cal) said the team would be 4 games better just by switching coaches......haaaaaaaaaahahahaha.....

    After giving up on the battle, trying to convince the lynch mob that talent was the answer(not coaching), I posted......"I cant wait till they fire Oneill and when the new defensive coordinator still cant stop the run or win a game cause he has shit players, then ya'll can start blaming the new coach"...

    And it didnt take long(at all)......(or course most of those people are completely awol right now.....and I also notice the board has zero chatter about "good" stuff, up and coming players, general sunshine pumping, great plays, etc.......why?......

    So, which is it??......Horton sucks? Oneill sucks? the players suck?......all of the above?.......or blame it on Who?......anyone?

    Haaaaaaaaaahahahaha....... it's so bad, it's become funny......

    @mudfly said:

    So I read this and just laughed and laughed.....

    And it didnt take long(at all)......(or course most of those people are completely awol right now.....and I also notice the board has zero chatter about "good" stuff, up and coming players, general sunshine pumping, great plays, etc.......why?......

    Ah... the good ol' days???

    You may have missed the pumping sunshine stage during your hiatus.

    As for the rest... maybe I just love swimming against the tide, but I'm seeing positives every week. You should read my posts sometime... 😉

  • Ha!...I always read em Tour.....was also thinking you'd be the most likely to get me off the ledge with some Tour logic....

    So I read.....but am still up here waiting for tangibles......

    I give you full props for hanging in there....😉

  • Thanks, old friend, but I shit you not... I've really not had to put any effort into it.

    Aside: The above may not be entirely true... the road trip to Miami may have invested me more in this season than past ones.

  • Thanks, old friend, but I shit you not... I've really not had to put any effort into it.

    Aside: The above may not be entirely true... the road trip to Miami may have invested me more in this season than past ones.

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, old friend, but I shit you not... I've really not had to put any effort into it.

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

  • @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, old friend, but I shit you not... I've really not had to put any effort into it.

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

    @mudfly said:

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

    Give it time brother. Good things are on their way. At the moment we're playing guys who probably won't be on our or any roster next year because we had too many holes to fix in one draft (some voluntary, sure). Meanwhile, here are some positives:

    - Danny Shelton appears to be developing in to one of the better tackles in the league, and with some consistency will be right up there

    - Jamie Collins! Woo! Assuming he plays to his level

    - It looks like we might be switching to a 4-3 front more of the time. We've all said for a while this would be beneficial, and not trying to force Ogbah, Orchard and the rest in to new positions, but making the best use of the talent we have

    - Speaking of Ogbah...

    - Campbell can tackle.

    - Carl Nassib has big arms!

    - Pryor looks legit. Finally, a Cleveland experiment that succeeds, and he *wants* to be playing here (for Hue at least).

    - Coleman also looks a quality player and is back in practice this week.

    - The run game has been surprisingly good, if boom or bust, and that's with the patchwork OL we've had. Imagine how good it could be next year with better blockers, with Bitonio back.

    - Cody Kessler looks far from the deer in headlights we saw in pre-season and looks like he'll be at the very worst a competent backup if not a starter (Brian Hoyer floor, Alex Smith ceiling?).

  • @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, old friend, but I shit you not... I've really not had to put any effort into it.

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

    @mudfly said:

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

    Just like around town Mud. No one is jumping ship. But the enthusiasm is at an all time low. There has always been some kind of bitching or nitpicking go on. Local enthusiasm has been eroding for the past 20 years and it's nonexistent now. It'll come back with a competitive team. And I don't mean that one to one fantasy bullshit. A team that wins games on a regular basis will win the fans back. Till then???

    post-24771-0-84360100-1477995088_thumb.jpg

  • @mudfly said:

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

    Give it time brother. Good things are on their way. At the moment we're playing guys who probably won't be on our or any roster next year because we had too many holes to fix in one draft (some voluntary, sure). Meanwhile, here are some positives:

    - Danny Shelton appears to be developing in to one of the better tackles in the league, and with some consistency will be right up there

    - Jamie Collins! Woo! Assuming he plays to his level

    - It looks like we might be switching to a 4-3 front more of the time. We've all said for a while this would be beneficial, and not trying to force Ogbah, Orchard and the rest in to new positions, but making the best use of the talent we have

    - Speaking of Ogbah...

    - Campbell can tackle.

    - Carl Nassib has big arms!

    - Pryor looks legit. Finally, a Cleveland experiment that succeeds, and he *wants* to be playing here (for Hue at least).

    - Coleman also looks a quality player and is back in practice this week.

    - The run game has been surprisingly good, if boom or bust, and that's with the patchwork OL we've had. Imagine how good it could be next year with better blockers, with Bitonio back.

    - Cody Kessler looks far from the deer in headlights we saw in pre-season and looks like he'll be at the very worst a competent backup if not a starter (Brian Hoyer floor, Alex Smith ceiling?).

    @gftchris said:

    Give it time brother. Good things are on their way. At the moment we're playing guys who probably won't be on our or any roster next year because we had too many holes to fix in one draft (some voluntary, sure). Meanwhile, here are some positives:

    - Danny Shelton appears to be developing in to one of the better tackles in the league, and with some consistency will be right up there

    - Jamie Collins! Woo! Assuming he plays to his level

    - It looks like we might be switching to a 4-3 front more of the time. We've all said for a while this would be beneficial, and not trying to force Ogbah, Orchard and the rest in to new positions, but making the best use of the talent we have

    - Speaking of Ogbah...

    - Campbell can tackle.

    - Carl Nassib has big arms!

    - Pryor looks legit. Finally, a Cleveland experiment that succeeds, and he *wants* to be playing here (for Hue at least).

    - Coleman also looks a quality player and is back in practice this week.

    - The run game has been surprisingly good, if boom or bust, and that's with the patchwork OL we've had. Imagine how good it could be next year with better blockers, with Bitonio back.

    - Cody Kessler looks far from the deer in headlights we saw in pre-season and looks like he'll be at the very worst a competent backup if not a starter (Brian Hoyer floor, Alex Smith ceiling?).

    all good points Chris.....gonna try to see those lights more often.....it's a work in progress.....

  • @gftchris said:

    Give it time brother. Good things are on their way. At the moment we're playing guys who probably won't be on our or any roster next year because we had too many holes to fix in one draft (some voluntary, sure). Meanwhile, here are some positives:

    - Danny Shelton appears to be developing in to one of the better tackles in the league, and with some consistency will be right up there

    - Jamie Collins! Woo! Assuming he plays to his level

    - It looks like we might be switching to a 4-3 front more of the time. We've all said for a while this would be beneficial, and not trying to force Ogbah, Orchard and the rest in to new positions, but making the best use of the talent we have

    - Speaking of Ogbah...

    - Campbell can tackle.

    - Carl Nassib has big arms!

    - Pryor looks legit. Finally, a Cleveland experiment that succeeds, and he *wants* to be playing here (for Hue at least).

    - Coleman also looks a quality player and is back in practice this week.

    - The run game has been surprisingly good, if boom or bust, and that's with the patchwork OL we've had. Imagine how good it could be next year with better blockers, with Bitonio back.

    - Cody Kessler looks far from the deer in headlights we saw in pre-season and looks like he'll be at the very worst a competent backup if not a starter (Brian Hoyer floor, Alex Smith ceiling?).

    all good points Chris.....gonna try to see those lights more often.....it's a work in progress.....

    @mudfly said:

    all good points Chris.....gonna try to see those lights more often.....it's a work in progress.....

    If you like I can do a negative version? Just to show solidarity 😉 I hate seeing us lose every week, and I get extremely angry at seeing all of the broken tackles. BUT, I do see players who are growing in to legitimate NFL players, not guys who are there by default. A couple more years of that kind of drafting, plus a better approach to retaining our own important free agents, and we'll be pretty much there.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, old friend, but I shit you not... I've really not had to put any effort into it.

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

    @mudfly said:

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

    Mud I was doing my best to keep you (and others) focused on weeks 9-16 and write off the first half by looking at the improvements. But after the second half collapse Sunday, I found myself sitting in the Mudfly booth. 😆

  • @mudfly said:

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

    Give it time brother. Good things are on their way. At the moment we're playing guys who probably won't be on our or any roster next year because we had too many holes to fix in one draft (some voluntary, sure). Meanwhile, here are some positives:

    - Danny Shelton appears to be developing in to one of the better tackles in the league, and with some consistency will be right up there

    - Jamie Collins! Woo! Assuming he plays to his level

    - It looks like we might be switching to a 4-3 front more of the time. We've all said for a while this would be beneficial, and not trying to force Ogbah, Orchard and the rest in to new positions, but making the best use of the talent we have

    - Speaking of Ogbah...

    - Campbell can tackle.

    - Carl Nassib has big arms!

    - Pryor looks legit. Finally, a Cleveland experiment that succeeds, and he *wants* to be playing here (for Hue at least).

    - Coleman also looks a quality player and is back in practice this week.

    - The run game has been surprisingly good, if boom or bust, and that's with the patchwork OL we've had. Imagine how good it could be next year with better blockers, with Bitonio back.

    - Cody Kessler looks far from the deer in headlights we saw in pre-season and looks like he'll be at the very worst a competent backup if not a starter (Brian Hoyer floor, Alex Smith ceiling?).

    @gftchris said:

    Give it time brother. Good things are on their way. At the moment we're playing guys who probably won't be on our or any roster next year because we had too many holes to fix in one draft (some voluntary, sure). Meanwhile, here are some positives:

    - Danny Shelton appears to be developing in to one of the better tackles in the league, and with some consistency will be right up there

    - Jamie Collins! Woo! Assuming he plays to his level

    - It looks like we might be switching to a 4-3 front more of the time. We've all said for a while this would be beneficial, and not trying to force Ogbah, Orchard and the rest in to new positions, but making the best use of the talent we have

    - Speaking of Ogbah...

    - Campbell can tackle.

    - Carl Nassib has big arms!

    - Pryor looks legit. Finally, a Cleveland experiment that succeeds, and he *wants* to be playing here (for Hue at least).

    - Coleman also looks a quality player and is back in practice this week.

    - The run game has been surprisingly good, if boom or bust, and that's with the patchwork OL we've had. Imagine how good it could be next year with better blockers, with Bitonio back.

    - Cody Kessler looks far from the deer in headlights we saw in pre-season and looks like he'll be at the very worst a competent backup if not a starter (Brian Hoyer floor, Alex Smith ceiling?).

    Nassib has big arms? Have u seen ogbahs? Thats the one thing about nassib for me, he needs weight room time

  • @gftchris said:

    Give it time brother. Good things are on their way. At the moment we're playing guys who probably won't be on our or any roster next year because we had too many holes to fix in one draft (some voluntary, sure). Meanwhile, here are some positives:

    - Danny Shelton appears to be developing in to one of the better tackles in the league, and with some consistency will be right up there

    - Jamie Collins! Woo! Assuming he plays to his level

    - It looks like we might be switching to a 4-3 front more of the time. We've all said for a while this would be beneficial, and not trying to force Ogbah, Orchard and the rest in to new positions, but making the best use of the talent we have

    - Speaking of Ogbah...

    - Campbell can tackle.

    - Carl Nassib has big arms!

    - Pryor looks legit. Finally, a Cleveland experiment that succeeds, and he *wants* to be playing here (for Hue at least).

    - Coleman also looks a quality player and is back in practice this week.

    - The run game has been surprisingly good, if boom or bust, and that's with the patchwork OL we've had. Imagine how good it could be next year with better blockers, with Bitonio back.

    - Cody Kessler looks far from the deer in headlights we saw in pre-season and looks like he'll be at the very worst a competent backup if not a starter (Brian Hoyer floor, Alex Smith ceiling?).

    Nassib has big arms? Have u seen ogbahs? Thats the one thing about nassib for me, he needs weight room time

    @clevfan4life said:

    Nassib has big arms? Have u seen ogbahs? Thats the one thing about nassib for me, he needs weight room time

    I'm talking length. Three batted passes on Sunday (though as the commentary said, that also means he's not getting pressure).

  • @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, old friend, but I shit you not... I've really not had to put any effort into it.

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

    @mudfly said:

    Maybe Im just blinded by anger.....and NOW, only great players and wins will get me my sight back...dont know...

    I promise, I positively did not choose to lose faith.....or hate what I see.....it just kind of happened on it own......

    Mud, if you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention. I've said some things I really regret, and I've had my fair share of posts that I went back and deleted. I wouldn't mind the losing if we didn't keep inventing new ways to lose. The Jets loss was the worst, as we started the season with our first 5-7 on the road, and I was REALLY hoping for the team to give the home crowd JUST ONE DAMN WIN. But as I saw us with a nice halftime lead, I sat back in my chair and knew what was coming. We all did.

    Josh McCown played like...Josh McCown. He can get hot and move the ball, but his consistency is a problem. He was also victimized by drops. But to be honest, McCown was victimized by a crappy defense. A defense that refuses to make plays or get turnovers. We had a couple chances for turnovers, but we didn't make them. I believe Jamar Taylor leaped up into the air and had the ball in his hands, but the WR managed to somehow rip it out. I could be wrong, but I think the Jets scored a TD on that drive. THAT'S the kind of shit that makes me enraged. I also want to talk about the tackling, but I don't want my blood pressure to go nuclear. How many draw plays did the Jets have to run before we caught on? 3rd and long...no problem! A draw play! The 35 yard TD run? Yep, draw play, and 4 missed tackles.

    Our defense is terrible and lacks PLAYMAKERS. We were in deep trouble when we lost Boddy-Calhoun on the Jets' 3rd play of the game. We didn't have anybody in the second half make a play. Nobody stopped the bleeding. Nobody stepped up and took it upon themselves to be the leader. Perhaps Jamie Collins is the guy we need to help things move along. I've been saying for YEARS that I want a middle linebacker that makes plays and can do it all. I BEGGED to find a way to get Luke Kuechly. We needed a badass linebacker, and now we have one. Now, we just have to figure out a way to keep him AND Pryor.