Skip to content

I HATE RAY HORTON

The Browns Board
143 34 3.9k
  • @miktoxic said:

    agreed, but my point was more about vet presence, not that anyone we've had on the roster in the past how many years has been top ten talent except the 2 joes.

    we have no top 10 talent (except the joes, when healthy.....and they're both on the back end of their careers) on this roster. maybe kessler's #'s will disprove that. pryor and crowell are going to get shut down considering the Ds will key on them and i'm not at all suggesting they are top 10 even without that distinction.

    for years now i've heard the old " we have so many holes to fill." "we have to draft a foundation for this team then build up." blah blah blah blah blah. ok, so these different FOs have been drafting foundation for the last decade but we still draft foundation every year?

    GTFO.

    I agree, and I think so does this front office. Where you're annoyed is that they cut Whitner, Kruger and Dansby - three aging, underperforming veterans on big money - and didn't resign Benjamin, Gipson or Schwartz.

    They *should* have resigned Schwartz and Gipson, and keeping Benji would have been nice but he's replaceable.

    Mack doesn't count - he wanted out for years and nothing we could have done would have stopped him, like Phil Dawson.

    So the new group of veterans in, say, 2018 (it's all headed to being great in 2018 btw) we'll have on our team should be people like Davis (FA), Kirksey, Bitonio, Shelton, Campbell, Crowell/Duke, all will be in their fourth or fifth year, plus the existing guys like Thomas, Haden and maybe Hawkins.

    @gftchris said:

    I agree, and I think so does this front office. Where you're annoyed is that they cut Whitner, Kruger and Dansby - three aging, underperforming veterans on big money - and didn't resign Benjamin, Gipson or Schwartz.

    They *should* have resigned Schwartz and Gipson, and keeping Benji would have been nice but he's replaceable.

    Mack doesn't count - he wanted out for years and nothing we could have done would have stopped him, like Phil Dawson.

    So the new group of veterans in, say, 2018 (it's all headed to being great in 2018 btw) we'll have on our team should be people like Davis (FA), Kirksey, Bitonio, Shelton, Campbell, Crowell/Duke, all will be in their fourth or fifth year, plus the existing guys like Thomas, Haden and maybe Hawkins.

    You do know what is going to happen once all those player finish their 4th year?
  • i haven't said that either. it's really hasn't been about the coaching in any of these regime's if you ask me. it's about the FO and the drafting. when to deal a pick for more picks. when to move up or down. who to target as playmakers and studs. that's what's been lacking in all of this. the tiresome draft a foundation and have crap talent across the board has to stop.

    @miktoxic said:

    it's really hasn't been about the coaching in any of these regime's if you ask me. it's about the FO and the drafting.

    Amen brother!

    @jiggins7919 said:

    And to be honest, the ONLY QB I actually want from this draft is Mitch Tribisky, and I'm not so sure you could take him #1 anyways.

    I watched Mitch play HS ball, and thought he was something special then.

    There's not many NEO public high school teams that can beat St Eds and St Ignatius in the same season, but Mitch did it.

    I know I'm biased, but I would love to see the Browns draft him.

  • @miktoxic said:

    it's really hasn't been about the coaching in any of these regime's if you ask me. it's about the FO and the drafting.

    Amen brother!

    @jiggins7919 said:

    And to be honest, the ONLY QB I actually want from this draft is Mitch Tribisky, and I'm not so sure you could take him #1 anyways.

    I watched Mitch play HS ball, and thought he was something special then.

    There's not many NEO public high school teams that can beat St Eds and St Ignatius in the same season, but Mitch did it.

    I know I'm biased, but I would love to see the Browns draft him.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Amen brother!

    I watched Mitch play HS ball, and thought he was something special then.

    There's not many NEO public high school teams that can beat St Eds and St Ignatius in the same season, but Mitch did it.

    I know I'm biased, but I would love to see the Browns draft him.

    Brian Hoyer II?

  • Screw Jim Oneil all his fault we can't pressure the QB

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Amen brother!

    I watched Mitch play HS ball, and thought he was something special then.

    There's not many NEO public high school teams that can beat St Eds and St Ignatius in the same season, but Mitch did it.

    I know I'm biased, but I would love to see the Browns draft him.

    Brian Hoyer II?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Brian Hoyer II?

    Too early to tell.

    Mitch is currently being projected as a top 10 draft pick, whereas Hoyer went undrafted.

  • Regardless that our Defense is short on talent in the backfield.. I didnt like Horton from his first stint here. Tight ends and the deep ball are killing us as I thought it would..

  • Honestly, I don't know enough about the technical side of football to say whether or not the defensive struggles of our team are due to Horton or the lack of talent. One thing I DO know, we don't have anywhere NEAR the talent on defense to compete. Could another DC get a little more out of our players? I don't know, maybe. But just look at our secondary, man (if you can). Jamar Taylor gave up a PERFECT PASSER RATING of 158 on all targets, and gave up two touchdowns, and like 180 yards. Dalton was like 8-8 for 180 yards throwing at Jamar. That's stupid.

    We need talent, and we need it now. This is why Cody Kessler IS SO IMPORTANT to our team. If he's the guy, we don't need to spend one of those high value picks on a QB. And to be honest, the ONLY QB I actually want from this draft is Mitch Tribisky, and I'm not so sure you could take him #1 anyways. I want Cody to be our guy, but he has to find a way to stay healthy. That flip pass to Gary was incredible, and set up the lead-taking TD, but at what expense? Could he have thrown it away? Is there ANYTHING Cody can do to improve his availability? To stay healthy? Can he LEARN this before it's too late?

    I can't believe our defense is so bad. That first drive of the game by Cincy was just awful. Go back and watch it again. Did they even SEE a 3rd down? I mean, this is getting ridiculous. We've given up opening drive touchdowns in 5-7 games. I've never seen that before. I'm not talking about throwing some field goals in there, I'm talking about giving up TOUCHDOWNS. Is it just a lack of talent, or are teams identifying what Ray Horton wants to do early in the game?

    Myles Garrett is going to be a rich man, and I don't feel sorry for a man that will earn millions of dollars to play a game, but in a way....I do feel a LITTLE sorry for him if the Browns are the top pick. I will tell you right now, do NOT be surprised to see Myles Garrett refuse to play for the Browns. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Myles Garrett is going to be a rich man, and I don't feel sorry for a man that will earn millions of dollars to play a game, but in a way....I do feel a LITTLE sorry for him if the Browns are the top pick. I will tell you right now, do NOT be surprised to see Myles Garrett refuse to play for the Browns. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

    If the Browns draft him he will come. Everything I have seen shows he is a man of high character and he won't duck a team that needs him badly. And he won't bitch about it like a certain Ohio player did last year. He's been playing on a wheel that isn't back to 100% from a cheap shot by Arkansas at his lower legs, "because my team needs me there."

  • I Hate Fucking Loseing

  • Did I say they'd be given that much time? I said that's their plan, nothing more, nothing less.

    Sure, I'm optimistic because what's the alternative? It's piss easy to sit here each week and say "man, the browns suck, fire everyone, I bet we lose again on sunday, hue jackson's a loser, ray horton's a jackass, jimmy haslam is a worthless douche who needs to sell the team to the next worthless douche who can fire the loser and the jackass and bring in a new loser and a new jackass I can hail as the saviours and then call for the heads of six months later" but where's the fun in that?

    @gftchris said:

    Did I say they'd be given that much time? I said that's their plan, nothing more, nothing less.

    Sure, I'm optimistic because what's the alternative? It's piss easy to sit here each week and say "man, the browns suck, fire everyone, I bet we lose again on sunday, hue jackson's a loser, ray horton's a jackass, jimmy haslam is a worthless douche who needs to sell the team to the next worthless douche who can fire the loser and the jackass and bring in a new loser and a new jackass I can hail as the saviours and then call for the heads of six months later" but where's the fun in that?

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

  • @gftchris said:

    Did I say they'd be given that much time? I said that's their plan, nothing more, nothing less.

    Sure, I'm optimistic because what's the alternative? It's piss easy to sit here each week and say "man, the browns suck, fire everyone, I bet we lose again on sunday, hue jackson's a loser, ray horton's a jackass, jimmy haslam is a worthless douche who needs to sell the team to the next worthless douche who can fire the loser and the jackass and bring in a new loser and a new jackass I can hail as the saviours and then call for the heads of six months later" but where's the fun in that?

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

    To the point that it's over a half century.....and still waiting.

  • @gftchris said:

    Did I say they'd be given that much time? I said that's their plan, nothing more, nothing less.

    Sure, I'm optimistic because what's the alternative? It's piss easy to sit here each week and say "man, the browns suck, fire everyone, I bet we lose again on sunday, hue jackson's a loser, ray horton's a jackass, jimmy haslam is a worthless douche who needs to sell the team to the next worthless douche who can fire the loser and the jackass and bring in a new loser and a new jackass I can hail as the saviours and then call for the heads of six months later" but where's the fun in that?

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

    I've been suffering through different shit. But I do understand where you're coming from.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Myles Garrett is going to be a rich man, and I don't feel sorry for a man that will earn millions of dollars to play a game, but in a way....I do feel a LITTLE sorry for him if the Browns are the top pick. I will tell you right now, do NOT be surprised to see Myles Garrett refuse to play for the Browns. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

    If the Browns draft him he will come. Everything I have seen shows he is a man of high character and he won't duck a team that needs him badly. And he won't bitch about it like a certain Ohio player did last year. He's been playing on a wheel that isn't back to 100% from a cheap shot by Arkansas at his lower legs, "because my team needs me there."

    @texasag1969 said:

    If the Browns draft him he will come. Everything I have seen shows he is a man of high character and he won't duck a team that needs him badly. And he won't bitch about it like a certain Ohio player did last year. He's been playing on a wheel that isn't back to 100% from a cheap shot by Arkansas at his lower legs, "because my team needs me there."

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    If the Browns draft him he will come. Everything I have seen shows he is a man of high character and he won't duck a team that needs him badly. And he won't bitch about it like a certain Ohio player did last year. He's been playing on a wheel that isn't back to 100% from a cheap shot by Arkansas at his lower legs, "because my team needs me there."

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    "we didn't get bosa, so nobody is good enough 😠 "

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    "we didn't get bosa, so nobody is good enough 😠 "

    @gftchris said:

    "we didn't get bosa, so nobody is good enough 😠 "

    Actually no, i would prefer some of those bama ends

  • @texasag1969 said:

    If the Browns draft him he will come. Everything I have seen shows he is a man of high character and he won't duck a team that needs him badly. And he won't bitch about it like a certain Ohio player did last year. He's been playing on a wheel that isn't back to 100% from a cheap shot by Arkansas at his lower legs, "because my team needs me there."

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    You are aware he is playing with a lingering high ankle sprain and gets double teamed and schemed for every play? And he is 6'5 270 and far faster/quicker than those other two. Judge after the combine.

    How about a little power as he pushes Tenn. LT back into the QB causing an early throw for an int. at the END of the 2nd overtime after a full game plus 1/2 hour of fighting through mostly double teams. He said after the game he was playing at about 65-70% because of the injury. I think the pros know more about him than anyone here and that is why he is considered the best player in the 2017 draft.

  • I've been reading in more than one place how Garrett is a better prospect than Clowney was, who was considered a 'once in a generation' talent (though really, once in a generation, the same generation as Watt, Donald, and Mack?).

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

    I've been suffering through different shit. But I do understand where you're coming from.

    @gftchris said:

    I've been suffering through different shit. But I do understand where you're coming from.

    Are you a Stoke on Trent fan?

  • Nobody like Stoke on Trent.

  • Nobody like Stoke on Trent.

    @gftchris said:

    Nobody like Stoke on Trent.

    Are you saying nobody likes them....or there is nobody like them.

    Aren't they essentially the Chicago Cubs of English soccer?

  • Ray Horton is a good man. You're just jealous of him because he doesn't drive pieces of shit cars like your whole family does.