Skip to content

I HATE RAY HORTON

The Browns Board
143 34 3.9k
  • Honestly, I don't know enough about the technical side of football to say whether or not the defensive struggles of our team are due to Horton or the lack of talent. One thing I DO know, we don't have anywhere NEAR the talent on defense to compete. Could another DC get a little more out of our players? I don't know, maybe. But just look at our secondary, man (if you can). Jamar Taylor gave up a PERFECT PASSER RATING of 158 on all targets, and gave up two touchdowns, and like 180 yards. Dalton was like 8-8 for 180 yards throwing at Jamar. That's stupid.

    We need talent, and we need it now. This is why Cody Kessler IS SO IMPORTANT to our team. If he's the guy, we don't need to spend one of those high value picks on a QB. And to be honest, the ONLY QB I actually want from this draft is Mitch Tribisky, and I'm not so sure you could take him #1 anyways. I want Cody to be our guy, but he has to find a way to stay healthy. That flip pass to Gary was incredible, and set up the lead-taking TD, but at what expense? Could he have thrown it away? Is there ANYTHING Cody can do to improve his availability? To stay healthy? Can he LEARN this before it's too late?

    I can't believe our defense is so bad. That first drive of the game by Cincy was just awful. Go back and watch it again. Did they even SEE a 3rd down? I mean, this is getting ridiculous. We've given up opening drive touchdowns in 5-7 games. I've never seen that before. I'm not talking about throwing some field goals in there, I'm talking about giving up TOUCHDOWNS. Is it just a lack of talent, or are teams identifying what Ray Horton wants to do early in the game?

    Myles Garrett is going to be a rich man, and I don't feel sorry for a man that will earn millions of dollars to play a game, but in a way....I do feel a LITTLE sorry for him if the Browns are the top pick. I will tell you right now, do NOT be surprised to see Myles Garrett refuse to play for the Browns. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Myles Garrett is going to be a rich man, and I don't feel sorry for a man that will earn millions of dollars to play a game, but in a way....I do feel a LITTLE sorry for him if the Browns are the top pick. I will tell you right now, do NOT be surprised to see Myles Garrett refuse to play for the Browns. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

    If the Browns draft him he will come. Everything I have seen shows he is a man of high character and he won't duck a team that needs him badly. And he won't bitch about it like a certain Ohio player did last year. He's been playing on a wheel that isn't back to 100% from a cheap shot by Arkansas at his lower legs, "because my team needs me there."

  • I Hate Fucking Loseing

  • Did I say they'd be given that much time? I said that's their plan, nothing more, nothing less.

    Sure, I'm optimistic because what's the alternative? It's piss easy to sit here each week and say "man, the browns suck, fire everyone, I bet we lose again on sunday, hue jackson's a loser, ray horton's a jackass, jimmy haslam is a worthless douche who needs to sell the team to the next worthless douche who can fire the loser and the jackass and bring in a new loser and a new jackass I can hail as the saviours and then call for the heads of six months later" but where's the fun in that?

    @gftchris said:

    Did I say they'd be given that much time? I said that's their plan, nothing more, nothing less.

    Sure, I'm optimistic because what's the alternative? It's piss easy to sit here each week and say "man, the browns suck, fire everyone, I bet we lose again on sunday, hue jackson's a loser, ray horton's a jackass, jimmy haslam is a worthless douche who needs to sell the team to the next worthless douche who can fire the loser and the jackass and bring in a new loser and a new jackass I can hail as the saviours and then call for the heads of six months later" but where's the fun in that?

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

  • @gftchris said:

    Did I say they'd be given that much time? I said that's their plan, nothing more, nothing less.

    Sure, I'm optimistic because what's the alternative? It's piss easy to sit here each week and say "man, the browns suck, fire everyone, I bet we lose again on sunday, hue jackson's a loser, ray horton's a jackass, jimmy haslam is a worthless douche who needs to sell the team to the next worthless douche who can fire the loser and the jackass and bring in a new loser and a new jackass I can hail as the saviours and then call for the heads of six months later" but where's the fun in that?

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

    To the point that it's over a half century.....and still waiting.

  • @gftchris said:

    Did I say they'd be given that much time? I said that's their plan, nothing more, nothing less.

    Sure, I'm optimistic because what's the alternative? It's piss easy to sit here each week and say "man, the browns suck, fire everyone, I bet we lose again on sunday, hue jackson's a loser, ray horton's a jackass, jimmy haslam is a worthless douche who needs to sell the team to the next worthless douche who can fire the loser and the jackass and bring in a new loser and a new jackass I can hail as the saviours and then call for the heads of six months later" but where's the fun in that?

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

    I've been suffering through different shit. But I do understand where you're coming from.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Myles Garrett is going to be a rich man, and I don't feel sorry for a man that will earn millions of dollars to play a game, but in a way....I do feel a LITTLE sorry for him if the Browns are the top pick. I will tell you right now, do NOT be surprised to see Myles Garrett refuse to play for the Browns. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

    If the Browns draft him he will come. Everything I have seen shows he is a man of high character and he won't duck a team that needs him badly. And he won't bitch about it like a certain Ohio player did last year. He's been playing on a wheel that isn't back to 100% from a cheap shot by Arkansas at his lower legs, "because my team needs me there."

    @texasag1969 said:

    If the Browns draft him he will come. Everything I have seen shows he is a man of high character and he won't duck a team that needs him badly. And he won't bitch about it like a certain Ohio player did last year. He's been playing on a wheel that isn't back to 100% from a cheap shot by Arkansas at his lower legs, "because my team needs me there."

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    If the Browns draft him he will come. Everything I have seen shows he is a man of high character and he won't duck a team that needs him badly. And he won't bitch about it like a certain Ohio player did last year. He's been playing on a wheel that isn't back to 100% from a cheap shot by Arkansas at his lower legs, "because my team needs me there."

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    "we didn't get bosa, so nobody is good enough 😠 "

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    "we didn't get bosa, so nobody is good enough 😠 "

    @gftchris said:

    "we didn't get bosa, so nobody is good enough 😠 "

    Actually no, i would prefer some of those bama ends

  • @texasag1969 said:

    If the Browns draft him he will come. Everything I have seen shows he is a man of high character and he won't duck a team that needs him badly. And he won't bitch about it like a certain Ohio player did last year. He's been playing on a wheel that isn't back to 100% from a cheap shot by Arkansas at his lower legs, "because my team needs me there."

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    You are aware he is playing with a lingering high ankle sprain and gets double teamed and schemed for every play? And he is 6'5 270 and far faster/quicker than those other two. Judge after the combine.

    How about a little power as he pushes Tenn. LT back into the QB causing an early throw for an int. at the END of the 2nd overtime after a full game plus 1/2 hour of fighting through mostly double teams. He said after the game he was playing at about 65-70% because of the injury. I think the pros know more about him than anyone here and that is why he is considered the best player in the 2017 draft.

  • I've been reading in more than one place how Garrett is a better prospect than Clowney was, who was considered a 'once in a generation' talent (though really, once in a generation, the same generation as Watt, Donald, and Mack?).

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're a newcomer. Most of us have been suffering through this shit for decades.

    I've been suffering through different shit. But I do understand where you're coming from.

    @gftchris said:

    I've been suffering through different shit. But I do understand where you're coming from.

    Are you a Stoke on Trent fan?

  • Nobody like Stoke on Trent.

  • Nobody like Stoke on Trent.

    @gftchris said:

    Nobody like Stoke on Trent.

    Are you saying nobody likes them....or there is nobody like them.

    Aren't they essentially the Chicago Cubs of English soccer?

  • Ray Horton is a good man. You're just jealous of him because he doesn't drive pieces of shit cars like your whole family does.

  • @gftchris said:

    Nobody like Stoke on Trent.

    Are you saying nobody likes them....or there is nobody like them.

    Aren't they essentially the Chicago Cubs of English soccer?

    @the-gipper said:

    Are you saying nobody likes them....or there is nobody like them.

    Aren't they essentially the Chicago Cubs of English soccer?

    Oh I see what you mean. The team is just called Stoke, FYI. And generally, nobody likes Stoke.

    Given the hierarchical structure and multiple trophy format of soccer in the UK (and generally world-wide) it's difficult to say that any team is like the cubs. For example, I'm an Aston Villa fan, for my sins, and they haven't won the top division championship since 1981, so 35 years, but there have been various other trophies in the years since then. Most of that time though we've been in the top division. Compare with a team like, say, Huddersfield, who last won the league in 1926, and have been mostly outside of the top division. And further down, there are teams that have been in existence for a hundred years or more and have never won a thing.

    So in short, it's difficult to draw direct comparisons.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Are you saying nobody likes them....or there is nobody like them.

    Aren't they essentially the Chicago Cubs of English soccer?

    Oh I see what you mean. The team is just called Stoke, FYI. And generally, nobody likes Stoke.

    Given the hierarchical structure and multiple trophy format of soccer in the UK (and generally world-wide) it's difficult to say that any team is like the cubs. For example, I'm an Aston Villa fan, for my sins, and they haven't won the top division championship since 1981, so 35 years, but there have been various other trophies in the years since then. Most of that time though we've been in the top division. Compare with a team like, say, Huddersfield, who last won the league in 1926, and have been mostly outside of the top division. And further down, there are teams that have been in existence for a hundred years or more and have never won a thing.

    So in short, it's difficult to draw direct comparisons.

    @gftchris said:

    Oh I see what you mean. The team is just called Stoke, FYI. And generally, nobody likes Stoke.

    Given the hierarchical structure and multiple trophy format of soccer in the UK (and generally world-wide) it's difficult to say that any team is like the cubs. For example, I'm an Aston Villa fan, for my sins, and they haven't won the top division championship since 1981, so 35 years, but there have been various other trophies in the years since then. Most of that time though we've been in the top division. Compare with a team like, say, Huddersfield, who last won the league in 1926, and have been mostly outside of the top division. And further down, there are teams that have been in existence for a hundred years or more and have never won a thing.

    So in short, it's difficult to draw direct comparisons.

    OK, right. Because of the "relegation" thing? To draw a comparison...you are saying that say the Cubs could have been at some point "sent down" to play in the "minor leagues"...and could have won a title in the minor leagues....but that would not count as a real Top league title.

    We have a bit of that here: e.g.....the Browns and 49ers once played in the AAFC. And there are some that dismiss the titles won by the Browns in that league...with the mistaken belief that it was an inferior league. (It in fact was not....it had better attendance, paid its players more money, had black players when the NFL didn't....and its champion wiped out the NFL champion the first time they played. The AAFC went under because of lack of competition. A similar thing could be said about the AFL. Many NFL people thought the AFL was inferior...a minor league. But the structure of the NFL today reflects the merger of the two league, and Joe Namath's victory in SBIII disavowed people of the notion that the AFL was inferior.

    Similar things have happened in both hocky and basketball. There was the ABA and the NBA., and the NHL and the WHA. Again, here, mergers were conducted to bring teams from the so called "inferior" leagues into the fold.

    Your system is more like baseball here where we have AAA level leagues, AA level and A level. Except there is no transiting among levels as there may be there. E.g. No matter how many AAA championships say the Louisville or Columbus teams win, they will never replace a very bad team that is a major league team. Milwaukee can lose 110 games....but not be replaced by the minor league's best team.

    Of course, here also we have the situation that a city may be minor league only in one sport, but major league in another.

    Take Indianapolis. It has major league teams in football and basketball.....but its baseball and hockey teams are minor league.

    In fact, Cleveland has 3 major league teams in football, baseball, and basketball....but a minor league hockey team. (but, it just so happens that the Cleveland minor league hockey team plays in a nicer, bigger facility that the "major league club" with which it is associated.

    But....we can say this about that: that Cleveland hockey team won the Minor league championship....the AHL (American Hockey League) (and its major league affiliate also won the NHL title).

    If the Indians win...it will actually be the third championship for a sports team in town this year.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Im not that impressed with garrett. He seems underpiwered to me and makes his way going around college tackles cause if they get their hands on him he disappears. Thats not what i want out of our 1st pick....a guy thats at leadt 2-3 years away from nfl levels of power. I mean look at ogbah and nassib who are much bigger than him, they need another year or two in the weight room before they're at the elite level we need.

    You are aware he is playing with a lingering high ankle sprain and gets double teamed and schemed for every play? And he is 6'5 270 and far faster/quicker than those other two. Judge after the combine.

    How about a little power as he pushes Tenn. LT back into the QB causing an early throw for an int. at the END of the 2nd overtime after a full game plus 1/2 hour of fighting through mostly double teams. He said after the game he was playing at about 65-70% because of the injury. I think the pros know more about him than anyone here and that is why he is considered the best player in the 2017 draft.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You are aware he is playing with a lingering high ankle sprain and gets double teamed and schemed for every play? And he is 6'5 270 and far faster/quicker than those other two. Judge after the combine.

    0

    No i was not aware he was playing injured. He lookef fast against bama though, but didnr look no 270 though. If bamas ol got a hold of him he let his arms get crumpled. Not sure if thats technique or lack of strength. Ill withhold judgement for now but from little ive seen he wiuldnt be on my radar righ now if i worked for the browns fo. Moreso because we already invested two picks at that pisition last year and we have such glaring needs elsewhere, like OL. Id like to see what we have in nassib and ogbah before we use another high pick on that position.

    Next year qb and ol need to take precedent.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You are aware he is playing with a lingering high ankle sprain and gets double teamed and schemed for every play? And he is 6'5 270 and far faster/quicker than those other two. Judge after the combine.

    0

    No i was not aware he was playing injured. He lookef fast against bama though, but didnr look no 270 though. If bamas ol got a hold of him he let his arms get crumpled. Not sure if thats technique or lack of strength. Ill withhold judgement for now but from little ive seen he wiuldnt be on my radar righ now if i worked for the browns fo. Moreso because we already invested two picks at that pisition last year and we have such glaring needs elsewhere, like OL. Id like to see what we have in nassib and ogbah before we use another high pick on that position.

    Next year qb and ol need to take precedent.

    @clevfan4life said:

    No i was not aware he was playing injured. He lookef fast against bama though, but didnr look no 270 though. If bamas ol got a hold of him he let his arms get crumpled. Not sure if thats technique or lack of strength. Ill withhold judgement for now but from little ive seen he wiuldnt be on my radar righ now if i worked for the browns fo. Moreso because we already invested two picks at that pisition last year and we have such glaring needs elsewhere, like OL. Id like to see what we have in nassib and ogbah before we use another high pick on that position.

    Next year qb and ol need to take precedent.

    I generally disagree with QB and OL taking precedent. Obviously it's contingent on this year, but we need to see what Coleman can do at right tackle, and Reiter looked excellent at center by all accounts. Not to say we're set there, but those two guys could be fine. QB is done to death, everyone knows the deal. Point being, we have guys who can grow in to those positions and by next year become solid players.

    In the secondary, however, we have a couple of decent strong safeties, an often injured former pro bowl CB on a bloated contract, and that's about it. Sure, if Haden is playing 16 games then that's one side sorted, but even so, we still are left with Jamar Taylor starting opposite (Williams will be cut probably) and some undrafted rookies. Poyer has done nothing of note at free safety.

    At edge rusher, we invested a relatively high pick in Ogbah, but starting across from him is fourth rounder, Joe Schobert, who has 12 tackles and no sacks through seven games. Nassib is playing DE and as much as you (and others including me to a degree) want to see a switch to a 4-3 it won't be happening. Nassib will continue to play the 5-tech, Shelton the nose, and hopefully we can pick someone up to replace Meder.

    Just my 2c of course, everything is subjective.

  • Yeah if there was a jalen ramsey out there perhaps. But i have zero confidence in almost our entire o line and this has been going on for years. Im in no mood anymore for "well lets wait to see how this late rounder or udfa pans out". They never do. Our two best o lineman are 1st and 2nd rounders.

  • And our worst OL is a first rounder, while the next best, Greco, was a third rounder. Coleman was only a third rounder, not like he's a UDFA we're hoping for miracles from. He's a guy some projected to go in round two, but fell for whatever reasons and we got (in theory) decent value on. He's been injured and just coming back to playing for the first time. Give him a few games to try to do something before declaring him a bust?