Skip to content

Ogbahs leading us in sacks...

The Browns Board
127 20 3.4k
  • If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

  • If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    Agree on all counts. Of course some will complain about the trade back.

  • If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

  • Myles was listed at 262, last time I checked, but I'm always skeptical about "college stats". The real numbers come from the NFL combine, but I CAN tell you that Myles is BIG. Very big, and very fast. In a recent article, Myles said he expects to run a "4.5 40 yard dash." That time, for a DE/OLB who is 6'5 and 262, is near mythical. I would expect something closer to 4.65, which is STILL absurd. The best thing about Myles is that he's not a one-trick pony, as he excels against the run as well. We lock up Collins through contract or tag, draft Myles, and all of the sudden our front 7 is starting to come together. I'm not so sure we can get an entirely new secondary in one offseason, but we need to try. LOL

    I like Ogbah, and I want him to play well. Unfortunately, we needed him to make a big play in the second half and he didn't do it. Nobody really did, so it wasn't just him. Forced fumble, strip sack...SOMETHING. We needed SOMETHING to stop the prolific bleeding, and nobody could do it. Nassib again displayed his ability to get hands on balls, but true to form, our defense couldn't pick any of the deflections off. That's the kind of thing our defense NEEDS, and just doesn't get.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    @gftchris said:

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.

  • @gftchris said:

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.

    @wargograw said:

    Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.

    Same as Garrett, no?

  • I have to look at some more in depth video on garrett but what little ive seen is that he kind of disappears a bit when a tackle gets his hands on him. Just looking at run d i havent seen him command the edge like a certain someone we all know who. I do t want a pure edge rusher. Im tired of browns pass rushers getting pushed around tje edge. I want guys that trim the edge with power. If garett can do that, fine. I havent seen it yet.

  • For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:

    And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:

    In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.

  • Ill have to watch that when i get home today

  • For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:

    And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:

    In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.

    @gftchris said:

    For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:

    And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:

    In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.

    However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    @gftchris said:

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:

    Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).

    Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.

    @wargograw said:

    Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.

    Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I have to look at some more in depth video on garrett but what little ive seen is that he kind of disappears a bit when a tackle gets his hands on him. Just looking at run d i havent seen him command the edge like a certain someone we all know who. I do t want a pure edge rusher. Im tired of browns pass rushers getting pushed around tje edge. I want guys that trim the edge with power. If garett can do that, fine. I havent seen it yet.

    I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.

    Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.

  • @gftchris said:

    For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:

    And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:

    In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.

    However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".

    @texasag1969 said:

    However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".

    Easy there fanboi, these things are known and can be taken into account.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".

    Easy there fanboi, these things are known and can be taken into account.

    @gftchris said:

    Easy there fanboi, these things are known and can be taken into account.

    Tim Williams looked like the better pass rusher in the Bama tape. 😁

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    @gftchris said:

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    Not really even close.

  • @gftchris said:

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:

    Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).

    Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.

    @wargograw said:

    Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.

    Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I have to look at some more in depth video on garrett but what little ive seen is that he kind of disappears a bit when a tackle gets his hands on him. Just looking at run d i havent seen him command the edge like a certain someone we all know who. I do t want a pure edge rusher. Im tired of browns pass rushers getting pushed around tje edge. I want guys that trim the edge with power. If garett can do that, fine. I havent seen it yet.

    I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.

    Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.

    @tour2ma said:

    There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:

    Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).

    Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.

    Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.

    I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.

    Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.

    I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.

  • @tour2ma said:

    There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:

    Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).

    Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.

    Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.

    I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.

    Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.

    I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.

    Not a Texan fan so I rarely watch them. I just know he is having a better year after fully healing and that is without JJ on the field. But I don't even know how they line him up most plays.

  • @tour2ma said:

    There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:

    Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).

    Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.

    Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.

    I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.

    Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.

    I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.

    The question is whether he freelances or not? I couldn't tell you.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.

    Not a Texan fan so I rarely watch them. I just know he is having a better year after fully healing and that is without JJ on the field. But I don't even know how they line him up most plays.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not a Texan fan so I rarely watch them. I just know he is having a better year after fully healing and that is without JJ on the field. But I don't even know how they line him up most plays.

    Question was not about Clowney... was about Garrett. Please try to keep up, Pops... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that (Garrett) is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.

    Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.

    @wargograw said:

    The question is whether he freelances or not? I couldn't tell you.

    Do you agree with the repertoire I describe? Seen him stack and contain as much as anything?

  • Contain, yes. Depends on what you mean by "stack." You mean at end in a 3-man front with a LB stacked behind him? I believe he does that. The stack LB isn't always there but he has been in a lot of three man fronts, so if that's what matters, yes, he's done that a lot.

  • For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:

    And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:

    In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.

    Was this supposed to be one of Garretts best games? I mean it wasn't horrible at all but i didn't see must have first pick talent. It backed up my earlier assessment...he's a fluid natural athlete but he's not exceptionally strong nor does he exhibit some next level skillset. He could be the next sack king in the NFL who knows, but he doesnt show anythign right now that I absolutely have to have first pick no matter what. Allen's kind of the same, reminds me of Ogbah actually. Not College Ogbah though. Allen is further along now than Og was. But same kind of build. Allen looks alot more powerful than Garrett,but similiar skill level. Both will need work. Not sure they're day 1 material.

    @gftchris said:

    For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:

    And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:

    In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.