Ogbahs leading us in sacks...
-
If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.
edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.
Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.
-
Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.
Same as Garrett, no?
-
I have to look at some more in depth video on garrett but what little ive seen is that he kind of disappears a bit when a tackle gets his hands on him. Just looking at run d i havent seen him command the edge like a certain someone we all know who. I do t want a pure edge rusher. Im tired of browns pass rushers getting pushed around tje edge. I want guys that trim the edge with power. If garett can do that, fine. I havent seen it yet.
-
For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:
And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:
In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.
-
Ill have to watch that when i get home today
-
For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:
And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:
In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.
For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:
And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:
In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.
However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".
-
If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.
edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.
Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.
Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.
There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:
Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).
Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.
Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.
Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.
I have to look at some more in depth video on garrett but what little ive seen is that he kind of disappears a bit when a tackle gets his hands on him. Just looking at run d i havent seen him command the edge like a certain someone we all know who. I do t want a pure edge rusher. Im tired of browns pass rushers getting pushed around tje edge. I want guys that trim the edge with power. If garett can do that, fine. I havent seen it yet.
I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.
Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.
-
For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:
And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:
In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.
However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".
However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".
Easy there fanboi, these things are known and can be taken into account.
-
However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".
Easy there fanboi, these things are known and can be taken into account.
-
If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.
edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.
Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.
-
Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.
There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:
Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).
Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.
Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.
Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.
I have to look at some more in depth video on garrett but what little ive seen is that he kind of disappears a bit when a tackle gets his hands on him. Just looking at run d i havent seen him command the edge like a certain someone we all know who. I do t want a pure edge rusher. Im tired of browns pass rushers getting pushed around tje edge. I want guys that trim the edge with power. If garett can do that, fine. I havent seen it yet.
I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.
Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.
There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:
Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).
Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.
Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.
I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.
Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.
I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.
-
There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:
Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).
Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.
Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.
I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.
Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.
I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.
I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.
Not a Texan fan so I rarely watch them. I just know he is having a better year after fully healing and that is without JJ on the field. But I don't even know how they line him up most plays.
-
There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:
Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).
Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.
Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.
I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.
Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.
I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.
-
I asked a similar question and I'm curious to see if the response will be about the same this time around from our resident Aggies.
Not a Texan fan so I rarely watch them. I just know he is having a better year after fully healing and that is without JJ on the field. But I don't even know how they line him up most plays.
Not a Texan fan so I rarely watch them. I just know he is having a better year after fully healing and that is without JJ on the field. But I don't even know how they line him up most plays.
Question was not about Clowney... was about Garrett. Please try to keep up, Pops...
I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that (Garrett) is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.
The question is whether he freelances or not? I couldn't tell you.
Do you agree with the repertoire I describe? Seen him stack and contain as much as anything?
-
Contain, yes. Depends on what you mean by "stack." You mean at end in a 3-man front with a LB stacked behind him? I believe he does that. The stack LB isn't always there but he has been in a lot of three man fronts, so if that's what matters, yes, he's done that a lot.
-
For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:
And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:
In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.
Was this supposed to be one of Garretts best games? I mean it wasn't horrible at all but i didn't see must have first pick talent. It backed up my earlier assessment...he's a fluid natural athlete but he's not exceptionally strong nor does he exhibit some next level skillset. He could be the next sack king in the NFL who knows, but he doesnt show anythign right now that I absolutely have to have first pick no matter what. Allen's kind of the same, reminds me of Ogbah actually. Not College Ogbah though. Allen is further along now than Og was. But same kind of build. Allen looks alot more powerful than Garrett,but similiar skill level. Both will need work. Not sure they're day 1 material.
For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:
And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:
In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.
-
Again, he was hurt against Tennessee. He got hurt against Arkansas. Didn't travel to South Carolina the following week. Then played against UT but it wasn't very many plays at all. If you want to see where he was good in that game you can go to OT. He is Chet Stedman'ing out there (in grueling pain), but with the game on the line he went all out. However, he is still injured, putting an asterisk on the Alabama game and again putting him on the bench against NMSU.
It doesn't mean he's injury-prone as this is all from the same injury. He can play on it. It's just painful. Watch the UCLA or Auburn games and if you don't like what you see, fine.
PFF was the biggest defender of your boy Bosa. Last year, Garrett was rated their number 2 pass rusher behind Bosa. This year, on limited snaps, I believe he's number 1, number 1 edge player overall, and with high enough grades against the run for them to commend it most weeks.
I'm not obsessed with the guy, but not a day 1 talent? Come on. 6'5", 260, 4.55 3 year starters will always be day 1 talents.
-
Contain, yes. Depends on what you mean by "stack." You mean at end in a 3-man front with a LB stacked behind him? I believe he does that. The stack LB isn't always there but he has been in a lot of three man fronts, so if that's what matters, yes, he's done that a lot.
Contain, yes. Depends on what you mean by "stack." You mean at end in a 3-man front with a LB stacked behind him? I believe he does that. The stack LB isn't always there but he has been in a lot of three man fronts, so if that's what matters, yes, he's done that a lot.
I'm talking about squaring up on and controlling his OT... essentially not rushing, but at the ready to shed and pursue any QB move in his direction.
Not sure they're day 1 material.
Wait... What?
-
Yeah, he's done that all three years. You can probably find a ton of it in his 2014 tape (different DC that loves 3-man fronts, I'm enraged just thinking about it), though true freshman tape is pretty irrelevant by now.
-
Was this supposed to be one of Garretts best games? I mean it wasn't horrible at all but i didn't see must have first pick talent. It backed up my earlier assessment...he's a fluid natural athlete but he's not exceptionally strong nor does he exhibit some next level skillset. He could be the next sack king in the NFL who knows, but he doesnt show anythign right now that I absolutely have to have first pick no matter what. Allen's kind of the same, reminds me of Ogbah actually. Not College Ogbah though. Allen is further along now than Og was. But same kind of build. Allen looks alot more powerful than Garrett,but similiar skill level. Both will need work. Not sure they're day 1 material.
For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:
And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:
In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.
Was this supposed to be one of Garretts best games? I mean it wasn't horrible at all but i didn't see must have first pick talent. It backed up my earlier assessment...he's a fluid natural athlete but he's not exceptionally strong nor does he exhibit some next level skillset. He could be the next sack king in the NFL who knows, but he doesnt show anythign right now that I absolutely have to have first pick no matter what. Allen's kind of the same, reminds me of Ogbah actually. Not College Ogbah though. Allen is further along now than Og was. But same kind of build. Allen looks alot more powerful than Garrett,but similiar skill level. Both will need work. Not sure they're day 1 material.
It was not - it was supposed to be the two guys going against the same competition, not Garrett vs Trump University and Allen vs NobodyGivesAShit State U.
As said, Garrett was injured so it may be unfair, and there will probably be other opportunities to compare side by side like this when he's not.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
