Ogbahs leading us in sacks...
-
For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:
And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:
In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.
Was this supposed to be one of Garretts best games? I mean it wasn't horrible at all but i didn't see must have first pick talent. It backed up my earlier assessment...he's a fluid natural athlete but he's not exceptionally strong nor does he exhibit some next level skillset. He could be the next sack king in the NFL who knows, but he doesnt show anythign right now that I absolutely have to have first pick no matter what. Allen's kind of the same, reminds me of Ogbah actually. Not College Ogbah though. Allen is further along now than Og was. But same kind of build. Allen looks alot more powerful than Garrett,but similiar skill level. Both will need work. Not sure they're day 1 material.
For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:
And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:
In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.
-
Again, he was hurt against Tennessee. He got hurt against Arkansas. Didn't travel to South Carolina the following week. Then played against UT but it wasn't very many plays at all. If you want to see where he was good in that game you can go to OT. He is Chet Stedman'ing out there (in grueling pain), but with the game on the line he went all out. However, he is still injured, putting an asterisk on the Alabama game and again putting him on the bench against NMSU.
It doesn't mean he's injury-prone as this is all from the same injury. He can play on it. It's just painful. Watch the UCLA or Auburn games and if you don't like what you see, fine.
PFF was the biggest defender of your boy Bosa. Last year, Garrett was rated their number 2 pass rusher behind Bosa. This year, on limited snaps, I believe he's number 1, number 1 edge player overall, and with high enough grades against the run for them to commend it most weeks.
I'm not obsessed with the guy, but not a day 1 talent? Come on. 6'5", 260, 4.55 3 year starters will always be day 1 talents.
-
Contain, yes. Depends on what you mean by "stack." You mean at end in a 3-man front with a LB stacked behind him? I believe he does that. The stack LB isn't always there but he has been in a lot of three man fronts, so if that's what matters, yes, he's done that a lot.
Contain, yes. Depends on what you mean by "stack." You mean at end in a 3-man front with a LB stacked behind him? I believe he does that. The stack LB isn't always there but he has been in a lot of three man fronts, so if that's what matters, yes, he's done that a lot.
I'm talking about squaring up on and controlling his OT... essentially not rushing, but at the ready to shed and pursue any QB move in his direction.
Not sure they're day 1 material.
Wait... What?
-
Yeah, he's done that all three years. You can probably find a ton of it in his 2014 tape (different DC that loves 3-man fronts, I'm enraged just thinking about it), though true freshman tape is pretty irrelevant by now.
-
Was this supposed to be one of Garretts best games? I mean it wasn't horrible at all but i didn't see must have first pick talent. It backed up my earlier assessment...he's a fluid natural athlete but he's not exceptionally strong nor does he exhibit some next level skillset. He could be the next sack king in the NFL who knows, but he doesnt show anythign right now that I absolutely have to have first pick no matter what. Allen's kind of the same, reminds me of Ogbah actually. Not College Ogbah though. Allen is further along now than Og was. But same kind of build. Allen looks alot more powerful than Garrett,but similiar skill level. Both will need work. Not sure they're day 1 material.
For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:
And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:
In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.
Was this supposed to be one of Garretts best games? I mean it wasn't horrible at all but i didn't see must have first pick talent. It backed up my earlier assessment...he's a fluid natural athlete but he's not exceptionally strong nor does he exhibit some next level skillset. He could be the next sack king in the NFL who knows, but he doesnt show anythign right now that I absolutely have to have first pick no matter what. Allen's kind of the same, reminds me of Ogbah actually. Not College Ogbah though. Allen is further along now than Og was. But same kind of build. Allen looks alot more powerful than Garrett,but similiar skill level. Both will need work. Not sure they're day 1 material.
It was not - it was supposed to be the two guys going against the same competition, not Garrett vs Trump University and Allen vs NobodyGivesAShit State U.
As said, Garrett was injured so it may be unfair, and there will probably be other opportunities to compare side by side like this when he's not.
-
Was this supposed to be one of Garretts best games? I mean it wasn't horrible at all but i didn't see must have first pick talent. It backed up my earlier assessment...he's a fluid natural athlete but he's not exceptionally strong nor does he exhibit some next level skillset. He could be the next sack king in the NFL who knows, but he doesnt show anythign right now that I absolutely have to have first pick no matter what. Allen's kind of the same, reminds me of Ogbah actually. Not College Ogbah though. Allen is further along now than Og was. But same kind of build. Allen looks alot more powerful than Garrett,but similiar skill level. Both will need work. Not sure they're day 1 material.
It was not - it was supposed to be the two guys going against the same competition, not Garrett vs Trump University and Allen vs NobodyGivesAShit State U.
As said, Garrett was injured so it may be unfair, and there will probably be other opportunities to compare side by side like this when he's not.
It was not - it was supposed to be the two guys going against the same competition, not Garrett vs Trump University and Allen vs NobodyGivesAShit State U.
As said, Garrett was injured so it may be unfair, and there will probably be other opportunities to compare side by side like this when he's not.
Yes they both have LSU left, Bama this week and A&M Thanksgiving night. Hopefully Garrett is 100% but we will have the tipoff when they play UT -San Antonio the week before. If he plays significant minutes while the game is stiil close, then he might be 100%, but if he rarely comes in or sits like he did against SC and NMST, then it's a season long nagging injury. Either way though, Tim Williams is the better Bama pure pass rusher IMO when you compare Williams and Allen.
-
We have tape on trump u's pass rushers?
-
We have tape on trump u's pass rushers?
We have tape on trump u's pass rushers?
No tape. But they're the best pass rushers, they're really great, trust me.
-
Contain, yes. Depends on what you mean by "stack." You mean at end in a 3-man front with a LB stacked behind him? I believe he does that. The stack LB isn't always there but he has been in a lot of three man fronts, so if that's what matters, yes, he's done that a lot.
I'm talking about squaring up on and controlling his OT... essentially not rushing, but at the ready to shed and pursue any QB move in his direction.
Not sure they're day 1 material.
Wait... What?
Wait... What?
Not as a starter. Depends on the team he goes to but from what ive seen i wouldnt take primary snaps away from og or nas right now in favor of garrett. If we do draft garett he's going to be competing with those two, orchard and collins for snaps. I should have clarified, not day 1 "starter" unless someone is injured
-
We have tape on trump u's pass rushers?
No tape. But they're the best pass rushers, they're really great, trust me.
-
Wait... What?
Not as a starter. Depends on the team he goes to but from what ive seen i wouldnt take primary snaps away from og or nas right now in favor of garrett. If we do draft garett he's going to be competing with those two, orchard and collins for snaps. I should have clarified, not day 1 "starter" unless someone is injured
Not as a starter. Depends on the team he goes to but from what ive seen i wouldnt take primary snaps away from og or nas right now in favor of garrett. If we do draft garett he's going to be competing with those two, orchard and collins for snaps. I should have clarified, not day 1 "starter" unless someone is injured
In the words of said Trump---------Believe me there is no one currently on the Browns team that will provide any competition to Garrett as a starter from day 1.

-
Not as a starter. Depends on the team he goes to but from what ive seen i wouldnt take primary snaps away from og or nas right now in favor of garrett. If we do draft garett he's going to be competing with those two, orchard and collins for snaps. I should have clarified, not day 1 "starter" unless someone is injured
In the words of said Trump---------Believe me there is no one currently on the Browns team that will provide any competition to Garrett as a starter from day 1.

In the words of said Trump---------Believe me there is no one currently on the Browns team that will provide any competition to Garrett as a starter from day 1.

Not where he is right now. That could change obviously but i can only pass judgement on what i see right now. Allen would have a better chance starting for the browns day 1 cause he's stronger.
And this is assuming the team that drafts garrett plays him mostly as a 4-3 DE. If we were to draft him and make him an olb'er that delivery window expands
-
As a 43 DE he takes no snaps away from og or nas goven those two's current development. Nas might be something really special with a pro offseason under his belt
-
I like these two guys, and I like your apologetics for Browns players, but you sound insane.
-
I like these two guys, and I like your apologetics for Browns players, but you sound insane.
I like these two guys, and I like your apologetics for Browns players, but you sound insane.
I'm not homering for Browns players. I've seen some real improvement in those two guys and if they keep up that development curve there's nothing i see from Garrett right now that says he'd warrant taking a starting position away from either of those two "in the 4-3". In the 3-4 looks yes he could possibly be starting depending on what happens with Collins. I'm not shitting on Garrett. I'm just saying after a year of play and two offseasons of development both Og and Naz are going to be further along than him. I dunno maybe by midseason he'd be starting. Bosa didn't start right away either but that probably had more to do with his holdout and hamstring. But again, not to homer for OSU players...Bosa was more NFL ready when he entered the draft than Garrett looks to be. From what I see Garrett's arms aren't as stiff as they need to be yet. He gets em folded in when he's in close quarters with a tackle. He's got a great dip but no rip when he goes around the edge. He just needs some more developing is all but he's obviously a ridiculous athlete. But so was Wimbley, so was Mingo. We've drafted ridiculous athletes before that didn't pan out.
If there's no really good QB in this draft, than i'm fine with Garrett. But "right now"...i'd take Peppers numero uno. Peppers is going to be one of the nastiest free safeties the NFL has ever seen mark my words. He's too small to play MLB'er but a free safety that can come up and essentially be an extra LB'er..he's going to be special. I'd be happy with a Garrett/Peppers draft if our pick from the Eagles is high enough.
-
I agree Bosa was better but his ceiling is a hair lower.
-
j.j. watt is great too i've heard.
where's houston? in TX somewhere right?
game changers.
too bad you can't field a team on one man's back.
-
Speaking of homegrown talent, some trivia. An observation I just had is that I bet there are very few players in the NFL that have played their high school, college, and pro all in the same state.
Many get 2 out of 3 like Kosar...Played high school ball near Youngstown, and the Browns...but went to Miami.
Terrell Pryor...Ohio State and the Browns but played high school ball in Pa.
Big Ben, Jack Lambert, James Harrison...all played high school and college ball in Ohio, but are Steelers.
Right now I could only think of one to have completed the trifecta.... HOF'er Jack Ham. Played high school ball in Johnstown, Pa., Penn State, and the Steelers.
If there is anyone here that can come up with players that meet that trifecta its Gip.
Waddya say Gip?
Yeah I know Charlie Frye but the subject is homegrown "talent"...star players or players that make or have made a difference.
Speaking of homegrown talent, some trivia. An observation I just had is that I bet there are very few players in the NFL that have played their high school, college, and pro all in the same state.
Many get 2 out of 3 like Kosar...Played high school ball near Youngstown, and the Browns...but went to Miami.
Terrell Pryor...Ohio State and the Browns but played high school ball in Pa.
Big Ben, Jack Lambert, James Harrison...all played high school and college ball in Ohio, but are Steelers.
Right now I could only think of one to have completed the trifecta.... HOF'er Jack Ham. Played high school ball in Johnstown, Pa., Penn State, and the Steelers.
If there is anyone here that can come up with players that meet that trifecta its Gip.
Waddya say Gip?
Yeah I know Charlie Frye but the subject is homegrown "talent"...star players or players that make or have made a difference.
Your question is, as I gather it: has anyone been played HS, college and Pro football in essentially the same town that has made the HOF?
If you consider Ohio St. part of the Cleveland area, there have been a couple for the Browns:
A. Dante Lavelli: Hudson High, OSU, Browns, HOF
B. Paul Warfield: Warren Harding HS, OSU, Browns HOF
While we don't include really the Columbus area in the Cleveland area...Bill Willis, Columbus East, OSU, Browns.
Lou Groza is from Martin Ferry's....on the far edge perhaps of NE Ohio. Right where I-70 meets the river.
One other guy, not a Brown off the top of my head: Dick Butkus. From Chicago. Played at Illinois, HOF for the Bears.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login